601 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fioladc.com/
- Phone: 202-628-2888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday:5:30-11:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Trabocchi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: For special events, please contact Siobhan at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Fiola
Fiola, Fabio Trabocchi's modern Italian Trattoria, features Italian cuisine with an emphasis on fresh local ingredients from our farms and markets. The menu will change constantly focusing on seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Fiola reviews from OpenTable diners
361 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (252)special occasion (244)notable wine list (144)romantic (141)great for outdoor dining (107)great for lunch (74)neighborhood gem (66)hot spot (57)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (26)great for brunch (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Upscale Italian Gemj0815VIPDined on 10/18/2014Saturday was my first time dining at Fiola. We were celebrating my boyfriend's 31st birthday and I definitely walked away feeling like I'd picked the perfect restaurant for the occasion. Closest thing to authentic Italian food I've found in DC. Some highlights from the meal were the strip loin tartare, duck and donuts. I'm eager to try the lobster ravioli next time I dine there. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlative in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014Went for our 16th wedding anniversary and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. We both had the 6 course tasting menu and there wasn't a weak dish in the bunch. Especially phenomenal was the hamachi crudo, the tilefish and the veal ravioli. The service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeTerp79Dined on 10/17/2014Fiola was a 1st for us and definitely worthy of a repeat. We were running late after a show and the hostess referred our request for late seating to the owner/Chef who said it was not a problem.Special Features:
- Fiesta ItalianaJuanloDined on 10/15/2014We went with friends and had an italian feast! We shared most of what we ordered, like being in Italy. The Amatriciana was "fantastica"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian DiningSusanVVIPDined on 10/15/2014Fiola is a tried and true fine dining experience. The menu stays diverse but you can always find your favorite comfort food you've grown to love over the past few years.Special Features:
- Best in DCaliciaDined on 10/13/2014We went there for our last night visit in DC. They were friendly and we had a very pleasant evening. We would say that food was excellent but there was dish that we did not like, both of us but they strike ditch out of the bill! So I 'd say overall rating should be very good plus. Our waiter was charming and professional, he gave us the feeling that he really care that you feel at home and that you like what you eat. But also the others and as a matter of fact each of the staff. My husband says that it is one of the best stakes that he had for a long time and I had rhe ravioli lobster that was wonderful. We did not share the desserts as each of us liked his own very much; bombolini and chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous lunch! Do not miss!1MaryBethVIPDined on 10/13/2014I love this place - everything about it: service, decor, location and the food. Walkable to lots of the museums and Smithsonian. It's a little more formal a dining room, but you can come in jeans and casual attire for lunch. Staff were more than welcoming to us and our 9 year old son for lunch, making great recommendations. My son loved it too. We had the Burrata salad, 1/2 portions of the lobster ravioli and duck confit tortellini, and the fish of the day. The pasta is some of the freshest and best I have had outside of Italy. The lobster is so delicate and always on the menu, pure lobster meat with butter and chives. The duck was more complex with candied orange. Great wines by the glass. Pricey, but highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Excellent service, decadent dishesOldTownTarHeelVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I went to fiola for our first anniversary. When we arrived for our reservation they walked to sit us at a long communal row of two tops, and love kids normally but they were seating us next to a table with a young kid. Not what we had in mind for our romantic first anniversary. I quietly asked if there was a more private table and the fantastic group of three hostesses set us up with complimentary prosecco at a high top at the bar while we waited for a beautiful table by the window to finish. The sommelier Casper helped pick a perfect wine and the food was phenomenal. Definitely recommend the beef tartare and lobster ravioli. And the bread was to die for! Definitely recommend for a special occasion. a truly memorable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to celebrateItalianfoodsnobDined on 10/11/2014We went to celebrate an anniversary and ordered the four course meal with the wine pairing. We had a specialty cocktail beforehand and a dessert afterward. The food, drinks, and wine were terrific. They also went out of their way to make it a memorable occasion. It is pricey to do the pairing, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/9/2014My husband loves Fiola so when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he said Fiola. I made reservations on Open table indicating it was a birthday celebration. When we got there, we didn't get our drink order until 15 minutes after arriving. During dinner, my husband was opening birthday cards. During this time, our waiter, asked if it was a special occasion. I wanted to say, read your Open table reservations!!!. We ordered dessert and received a separate dish of sorbet for my husband' birthday dessert. Been coming here since 2012 and have seen a drop in service and presentation. Definitely not impressed with service.Special Features:
- fantasticMadHatterinDCDined on 10/7/2014Wow! The pappardelle was amazing! The service was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EAO27VIPDined on 10/4/2014We had great service and everything we ordered food/drink wise was delicious! Our server was delightful and very knowledgeable of the menu and history of the different wines and choices. The atmosphere was on the quieter side, but still full life and very relaxing to enjoy your meal with those around you without having to raise your voice. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Very PleasedTWGBDined on 10/4/2014The food is outstanding. Each dish we ordered was extraordinary and memorable. If you have not tried Fiola and are reading reviews to decide whether you should try it, you should. It is worth it. We will return, especially for the lobster ravioli. As for service, it was sloppy to start which was a cause for concern, but once orders were taken, service improved considerably throughout the rest of the evening.Special Features:
- Love FiolaJan86Dined on 10/4/2014Our dinner at Fiola's was outstanding -- our Waiter was knowledgable, great to talk to and the Service was exceptional -- wish I could remember his name because I want him as my waiter next time we come. We had the Lobster Ravioli, fantastic cocktails and wine!! I had fish which was to die for, my niece had duck. We had such a good time that I can't remember ever having such a SPECIAL night out to dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishbreakfastloverVIPDined on 10/3/2014Just hubby and I on a Friday night; The Angus Beaf Tenderloin Tartare was excellent; the Burrata of Buffalo Mozzarella (artichoke appetizer) was excellent; The Adriatic Seafood Brodetto was excellent; and the Potato Gnocchi was excellent.Special Features:
- FantasticFerg967Dined on 9/29/2014A colleague recommend Fiola for our anniversary dinner and we weren't disappointed. Jack, our waiter was wonderful and the manager that night took time to talk with us, recommend his favorites and was just overall a very nice guy. They don't rush you, the food was fantastic and the experience was just perfect...I can't thank them enough for making our anniversary so memorable.Special Features:
- Wow...YummersDined on 9/25/2014The service was EXCELLENT alone! When I made reservations, I informed the restaurant via OpenTable that my date and I were celebrating his birthday and it was our first time there. They brought out complimentary appetizers for us and our waitress listened attentively to our orders and what we couldn't pick between because the options were all so enticing. She brought out the celebratory dessert, caramel gelato which was one the desserts I couldn't figure out if I wanted: the burnt honey or caramel. This was most of I've spent on a meal, but definitely worth it off the food and service experience alone. The attire is dressy which is nice, especially for those daters. We lucked up on parking, although they have valet for 8. Overall great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't Have Been Better!NoisetteNYCVIPDined on 9/22/2014I had a wonderful dinner at Fiola. The restaurant was beautiful. I wasn't sitting at one, but there was many large semi-circle banquettes that looked like a great table for groups or a romantic table for two. The service was great. They were attentive but not intrusive. The food was amazing! The lobster ravioli is not to be missed. It was probably the highlight of my meal. I can't wait to go back soon. Bravo to the whole team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian in DCKnoxvilleGuyVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was our 3rd time at Fiola (we do not live in DC). As in the past, the food was excellent and the wine list is very interesting, focused on Italian wines, many of which are not common. We started with cocktails, followed by the four course tasting menu. The portions were very large for a tasting menu, which was fine, but just be aware! We had a lovely Italian red wine. We ended with dessert and sweet wine. The food was wonderful with good temperature and plated nicely. We were not rushed, which was great. A minor quibble is that the service seemed a bit less engaged than in the past -- not a huge problem, just a bit less attentive than what we had seen before. That comment aside, this is a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Everything we had was excellent, fresh and expertly prepared, especially the spaghetti neri and the seafood brodetto. The simply grilled swordfish my husband had was the best piece we have had in a very long time, pristine and perfectly grilled. The service was attentive but nicely paced. All in all it was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiolaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Without a don't five stars for everything from arrival to departure. Extremely good service all are meant to feel special even if they are not. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTadams44Dined on 9/18/2014There is no more to say: It was excellent. Definitely will go back for another meal, special occasion or not. We tried just about everything on the menu and everything was outstanding.Special Features:
- DgrellbvVIPDined on 9/18/2014Noisy party at bar bothered us so we moved outside. Food was excellent.
- High end Northern ItalianshackerDined on 9/18/2014Great service, excellent cooking and presentation. A nice place for any occasion.Special Features:
- Fair, but not worth the expenseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014The number of great restaurant options in DC has grown tremendously over the last few years, such that I have little tolerance for overpriced restaurants. The two positives of the night were the two appetizers, the burrata and the tuna carpaccio. The rest was a disappointment. This includes the overpriced bottle of wine, the $95 ribeye which was fine, but could have ordered two of the steak tartars at Del Campo and come out ahead, and donuts that were indistinguishable from other places like Matchbox or Acadiana. Service was very slow. I don't know what has happened to this restaurant since they opened, but with Rose's, Osteria Morini, and Lupo Verde open I think Washingtonians have much better options.
- good but not greatAJinDCVIPDined on 9/17/2014I was underwhelmed. I got a colors of the garden salad and cavatelli for my main course. We ordered a bottle of sangiovese. Everything was good but not great enough to bring me back. Except dessert which was AMAZING. We got an order of the doughnuts with burnt honey gelato and an order of the chocolate thing. Both AMAZING. Service was good but not special.Special Features:
- Overall very goodlulubellDined on 9/16/2014Could be outstanding if the chef wouldn't be so liberal with salt use……..Special Features:
- Too expensiveFcoolsDined on 9/15/2014Food was great but too expensive for what's on the plate. Athmosphere rather cool and airco way too cold. Wine was great but expensive wine list.Special Features:
- foodmeVIPDined on 9/15/2014For lunch, we sat outside and I ordered the spicy ahi tuna tartare and olive oil poached cod. In many nice restaurants, you order an expensive tuna tartare and get a few minced pieces of tuna. Here, it was a decent-sized bowl of it -- well done Fiola. The cod likewise was delicious. Will be back.Special Features:
- Food is excellent!sophieanneDined on 9/12/2014The Lobster Ravioli is to die for as well as the Foie Gras Appetizer. This is a very good restaurant. Try to the 4 or 6 course menu with pairing to get a good idea of the great food quality.Special Features:
- OutstandingEpicurialVIPDined on 9/11/2014On a recent trip to Washington DC I had the pleasure of dining at Fiola. The menu was imaginative and extensive enough to satisfy any need. The food delivered on the promise of menu. Wine list tended to be on the high side, however found an excellent sub$100 bottle. The restaurant exceeded my expectations and may prompt a return trip just to eat there again.Special Features:
- A very special placeMagnificentDined on 9/11/2014Fiola is one of the finest restaurants I have visited internationally. Thr ambience and the warm professionalism of the staff are exceeded only by the food selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE best Italian cuisine in DCMikeDined on 9/10/2014Fiola again lived up to my high expectation with the food, drinks, wine and service. As a start the burratta of mozzarella was great. The pasta is so light but at the same time it is real comfort food. The pappardelle with the ragu was amazing. The lobster ravioli is the best I have had anywhere from Maine to Italy. And Fiola will accomodate half portions of pasta as an appetizer. Very nice. The Branzino was fantastic but the veal chop was incredible. We shared desserts and their pastry chef is always doing wonderful things. The portions at Fiola are not over the top but they will more than satisfy a hungry guy. The other great thing about Fiola is the service - very friendly but not bothersome. A wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional - near National GalleryC1rayDined on 9/10/2014Super service, excellent food. My wife said it was the best-prepared fish dish she can remember - ever. Not over cooked, not under cooked. Moist, flavorful and served hot. Not often this can be said of most restaurants. This is not your average DC restaurant. I'll come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/8/2014Fiola is one of the current hot spot restaurants in DC. The decor is modern and sleek with accents of old world Italy. We were there on a Monday and the place was full, although the noise level was very comfortable. The food is just as owner Fabio Trabocchi describes; traditional Italian dishes, using local fresh ingredients, with his added personal twist. While the concept works for many items on the menu, such as the pasta dishes, many end up confusing. Anchovies completely overwhelm the burrata appetizer, and there were too many tastes and textures in the veal ribeye. Fiola is great for an extravagant food experience - once or maybe twice. Your wallet may say the former. We much prefer their other restaurant, Fiola Mare.Special Features:
- Wow!WynneWoodyVIPDined on 9/8/2014Everything from the welcome at the front door to the final bill was spot-on. We both had the four-course fixed-price menu with wine pairings and could not have been more pleased with that selection. It is not cheap, but if you are willing to spend the money, it is well worth the price. The food was beautiful, in addition to being delicious, and the wait-staff were all exceedingly professional and friendly, with a high level of attentiveness, but not fussy or bothersome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocked by unappetizing entreesfoodiemomVIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I were really looking forward to this place that gets great reviews, but $300 later we found ourselves extremely disappointed. I have never written a review before but feel compelled to this time. My branzino came with a number of odd and harsh flavors, rendering it almost inedible. My husband's veal was okay, but basically an undercooked piece of meat without much flavor. Both entrees were well over $40. We are foodies who have eaten at most of the top spots in DC and many other cities, but sadly, won't be returning here. I will say...our starter course of foie gras was fantastic and the service was good, but everything else? ?
- Grazie mille!NyanzasVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is, without question, our favorite restaurant in D.C. My wife and I spent one of our first dates at Fiola, and our wedding dinner, and just celebrated our first anniversary there with yet another perfect meal. The staff and service are always impeccable; we are made to feel at home, and welcome, from the moment we make the reservation to the time we stagger away from the experience, waylaid with satisfaction and happiness that we were, once again, fortunate enough to dine so well. Fabio and his team never fail to delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so greatjayrDined on 9/6/2014Both I and my companion were both disappointed in our dinner. There were a couple of highlights - the pleasant waiter was very knowledgeable about wines, and, based on my description, recommended exactly what I had in mind. We had the steak tartare and lobster ravioli for appetizers. The tartare was excellent. The ravioli tasted (and looked) like pot stickers. The lobster was not sufficiently cooked. Main dishes were Wild dorade fisherman's style, and Seafood brodetto. Both were bland, and uninteresting. Though nothing on the dessert menu was tempting, the espresso was good and the petit fours were pleasant. We both expected a fabulous meal equal to other restaurants with similar rating and reviews, and did not get one.Special Features:
- jdgreenwaldDined on 9/4/2014This was the best meal I have had in DC for some years. As I recall, the menu has changed from the last time there (maybe six months ago) and was far more inventive. Whether Fiola continues to operate at this standard is an open question, but for one night, it was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.