3050 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fiolamaredc.com/
- Phone: 202-628-0065x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Trabocchi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Fiola Mare
Fiola Mare offers world-class dining and hospitality complete with an enchanting view of the Potomac River. Evoking the seaside dining experience found along the coasts of Italy and the Mediterranean, Fiola Mare specializes in the freshest, most pristine seafood prepared with elegant simplicity through delicate and subtle additions of color, flavor and texture. Fiola Mare is a place to enjoy the highest quality fish and shellfish, paired with the finest hospitality and service in the city in a picturesque environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fiola Mare - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Fiola Mare reviews from OpenTable diners
562 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (411)special occasion (410)fit for foodies (382)great for outdoor dining (353)romantic (244)hot spot (217)notable wine list (209)great for lunch (121)vibrant bar scene (120)great for brunch (103)neighborhood gem (101)good for groups (77)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (17)Show More
- Cost vs qualityMikeCDined on 10/21/2014This is a very good but very pricey restaurant.. I would not go there other than on a very special occasion and when willing to pay a premium for the location and trendiness. A glass of California chardonnay from an average wine maker is $22, that's a bit over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grits are for southernersdininginstyleDined on 10/19/2014We came for Sunday brunch and my meal was superb. I had the grilled bass and the fish was very delicate. While I was in seventh heaven over my meal, a friend in our group was very disappointed with the shrimp and grits. We are both Washingtonians and what Fiola Mare called grits had no resemblance to the grits that we grew up with, a very southern dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/18/2014Our waiter Antoine was amazing! Attentive without being overbearing. Loved his enthusiastic descriptions of the dishes!Special Features:
- Consistently FabulousPenmanshipVIPDined on 10/18/2014New carbonara pasta dish on the menu which is fabulous. Wonderfull tuna tartare and branzino. Grreat wait staff and the view remains the best restaurant view in the City.Special Features:
- Not the anniversary brunch expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Fiola Mare did not live up to my expectations when I had booked through Open Table. I had mentioned that it was our 39th wedding anniversary and would appreciate a water view. Nothing was set aside for us and with all of their help, we never even got a "happy anniversary" from anyone. There were lots of "servers" but we didn't feel the service was special. The food was expensive and the small portions tasty, but not a place I would choose again. They are located near the Potomac River in Georgetown, if you are lucky to enjoy the view, but there are other restaurants too.Special Features:
- Expensive, but A+ for serviceepicurious47Dined on 10/17/2014Our server, Anton, couldn't have been more helpful, without going over the top. His recommendations were spot on. The food was very good and we'd go again for a special occasion but given the cost, not more often than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood Restaurant in DC2StarsBraboVIPDined on 10/17/2014I love this restaurant since it opened in Georgetown. The freshest seafood with the most exquisite cuisine. I treated my sister who was visiting from out of town to lunch and I chose a delicious, light (low calories) 3-course lunch menu which consisted of a green and beet salad, a poached char fish, and a light yogurt and fig dessert.Special Features:
- Remembered it betterdcfoodDined on 10/16/2014I have been to Fiola Mare three times, all three times I ordered similar items, including the Lobster ravioli. The first time, everything was delicious, and it seems to have waned over time. The last time I was there, the Lobster ravioli was served relatively cold, and it just wasn't as tasty. Similarly, I wasn't impressed by the Tuna tartar or the salmon dish they served. The mozzarella was delicious, as was the risotto.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!!!VivgDined on 10/16/2014We had Chef's sampler with wine pairing and loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expectedlyngirlDined on 10/16/2014My husband had the pasta with pork belly and egg. The pork belly was all fat. We should have sent it back to the kitchen. I had the lobster roll. The side salad was very nice. The lobster roll was small and nothing special. The waiter was very good, but staff in charge of providing bread, a piece at time, and delivering the entrees to the right person, were not good. The deserts were very good and beautifully presented. All in all, $100 lunch with little to eat. Parking was a nightmare.Special Features:
- Luncheon treatcloseneighborDined on 10/16/2014My daughter and I had a marvelous experience for lunch. Everything was special and perfect. It was one of the best eating experiences we've had in DC. A bit expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast (Rushed) Food!FoodenthusiastVIPDined on 10/15/2014Te food was really good, but courses were served so quickly that our hopes for a leisurely dinner found us departing 50 minutes after we were seated -- not what we expected in a fine restaurant. I understand that restaurant economics is all about turning tables, but this really detracted from the quality of the food and the dining experience. On the food, the olive poached cod was excellent. The scallops served atop pancakes were well prepared but less compelling. The Tuna carpaccio had great tuna but its subtle flavor was overwhelmed by the San Marzano tomatoes. Service was, as mentioned, rushed -- albeit efficient and attentive.Special Features:
- Soo GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014My husband and I celebrated out anniversary at Fiola Mare. The food was amazing! The oysters were excellent. I had the lobster ravioli, and now I'm afraid I won't be able to order lobster ravioli anywhere else, because this entree had chunks of lobster in the ravioli and part of the claw and tail on the side. I definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Fabio does it again!BacciVIPDined on 10/15/2014Wonderful meal. My first time at Fiola Mare but a regular at Casa Luca and Fiola. I guess you can now refer to us as Fabio groupies. Chef Fabio's newest edition will certainly hit the Washingtonian Top 100 restaurant list. The menu provides a good selection for seafood lovers. The wait staff are very knowledgable. I ordered the smoke salmon...very generous portion for an appetizer. I enjoyed the Bronzino as my main and the Bon Bon for dessert was a perfect finish.Special Features:
- Delightful and delicious1toughcriticDined on 10/14/2014Let's start with our one gripe, which is a compliment in disguise: The food is incredibly rich; we felt rolled in butter for a day-and-a-half. The spaghetti with clams was superb--plenty of plump, flavorful clams in perfectly cooked pasta with a perfectly balanced sauce, creamy yet sparked with a touch of acid from fresh tomatoes. The seafood grill, which arrives in a stunning copper gratin pan, was exquisite. From branzino to langoustines, each type of seafood was moist and succulent. The butter sauce was not to be denied. The deserts were imaginative and sinfully rich. Despite our late arrival, we received a warm welcome. The wait staff were expert--knowledgeable and accommodating without hovering. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ON THE NW WATERFRONT ...benjaminzzDined on 10/13/2014FIOLA MARE - I REALLY LOVE THEE! FIOLA MARE is my new go-to spot. The decor reminds me of a place I used to visit in NY while I was in my late 20's (won't mention the name). It's such a relaxing yet top notch spot! The service is AMAZING. Food was stellar (had sea urchin for the first time in my life). The menu is AMAZING! Will definitely be returning very soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningRedxfanVIPDined on 10/12/2014Ate here with 3 out of town friends and had a marvelous evening. The food was excellent, service was outstanding, and the wine list was very impressive. Valet parking and a great view too.Special Features:
- VeggieDined on 10/12/2014Our $65 prix fix brunch on Sunday, 12 Oct was truly outstanding until we received the bill -- I was charged $5 extra for coffee. This was a very offensive finish to an otherwise enjoyable meal. You should not charge nondrinkers extra money for making responsible choices -- especially when coffee/tea is likely cheaper than bottomless alcohol-based drinks. I'd rather return to the $75 Four Seasons brunch which provides a larger variety of meal offerings and includes coffee, tea and fresh squeezed juices in addition to alcoholic beverages.Special Features:
- Good choiceAldoVIPDined on 10/11/2014We really loved the food, service and ambiance. A memorable eveningSpecial Features:
- Perfection.LoloVIPDined on 10/10/2014I have eaten at Fiola Mare several times now. The food and service has always been impeccable and it just seems to be getting better and better! I can't imagine a more perfect place to spend an evening in DC! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Good - Seafood TerribleSeekingQualityVIPDined on 10/10/2014My wife & I ate a late lunch at Fiola Mare, hoping to find a decent seafood restaurant in the DC area. Fiola Mare failed miserably. The Goat Cheese Tortellini was quite good but the Adriatic Seafood Brodetto was horrible. Mussels were dry and stringy; lobster & prawns were chewy & tasteless; sauce was bitter and failed to complement the seafood. The view was great and the wine - selected from a very limited half bottle & by-the-glass list - was good but very expensive. The DC restaurant reviewer praised the seafood and rated the restaurant as one of his "Top 10" - they must know him by sight and feed him different food from that served to other diners. We won't try Fiola Mare again.
- Simply the bestGPVDinnerVIPDined on 10/10/2014Just three words ... Love Fiola Mare. I can't simply imagine a better place in DCSpecial Features:
- Worth every dollar for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/10/2014I treat my friend every year for her birthday dinner. This time she suggested Fiola Mare, more high-end than my usual budget. The solution was lunch - fabulous. Amuse-bouche of squash soup; generous salad, wonderful bucatini (what she called a fantasy mac and cheese), tuna tartare, poached cod with quinoa and two raw (yes!) oysters, greek yoghurt with honey and marcona almonds, cappuccino, and a complimentary saturated grape sorbet. Glass of wine and mocktail. With generous tip, $115.00; a bargain. Professional, smooth and cordial service. Go there! One of the best lunches I've ever had.Special Features:
- ImpeccablestmayDined on 10/9/2014We could not have found a more artful and gracious food and service. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- Setting the standard in DCBroadbrookVIPDined on 10/9/2014Washington is characterized by many very good restaurants but few that are truly world class. Fiola Mare turns out exceptional Italian food, centered around delicious fish, from start to finish. Add to that a truly beautiful and peaceful location on the banks of the Potomac and you are a winning combination.Special Features:
- Special night ruinedNewyork2014VIPDined on 10/8/2014The food was good but the service was unacceptable for a restaurant with such ambitions. I had called to request a window table as this was a special occasion but was left on hold for 15 minutes as the receptionist forgot about me. When we arrived, we did not get a good table. A window table opened up and we were told we could have it but another hostess walked by and claimed it. A third hostess snapped at us to go to our designated table. We were rushed through our meal. After appetizers, we had pasta courses and fish courses -- everything came out at the same time inexplicably. Wine glasses were left empty. Restaurants at this price point normally try to make an effort on service. This restaurant tried hard to show us we were not welcome.
- One of DC's BestWGL1VIPDined on 10/8/2014Went for a special occassion and they did not disappoint - virtually perfect!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Great food, service and ambiance. Maria the hostess and chef's wife was absolutely delightful!Special Features:
- Great new gemFIOLAFANDined on 10/8/2014The Trabocchi's new baby is a spacious, airy and beautiful restaurant, on the Georgetown waterfront, with a wonderful variety of seafood and many favorites from Fiola. The buccatani with prawns received rave reviews along with their trademark home made pistachio gelato i came to love at Fiola. Service was well timed: ready to help with questions, but not overbearing or pushy. The noise level is amazing, given the size of the restaurant: you can actually have a normal conversation!Special Features:
- Perfection!FancyNancyVIPDined on 10/7/2014We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and heard so many wonderful things about Fiola Mare, so we said"sounds like we cannot go wrong!" From the moment we walked in to the moment we got into the cab we were so taken care of, we felt like royals. The oyster's and Burrata were perfect. Oyster's were flavorful and creamy and the Burrata was a slice of heaven. I had the Lobster Ravioli-over the top fantastic! The pasta was so light and chunks of lobster were inside, on top of the pasta was half a lobster covered in the chive sauce, OMG! My husband had grilled Tuna and parsnips-loved it. Dessert was an olive oil cake topped with creme' Brûlée-amazing! We were treated to champagne by the restaurant-totally love this place! Will be back!Special Features:
- My New Favorite RestaurantscoopDined on 10/7/2014Everything-- the food, the view, and the service -- was terrific, and we left feeling well-fed and well cared for. The Frutti di Mare tower was the highlight of a fabulous meal.Special Features:
- Fiola mare was a disappointmentcynthiaDined on 10/5/2014We requested a quiet table which we got but we sacrificed ambience. They had one New Zealand Savignon blanc and it was $70 and was 2012 vintage which is too old and twice the price it should have been. the menu was very expensive and didn't have a lot on it that appealed to us (and we eat out every night). The maitre de was charming and tried to make it up to us but we won't be back.
- just wonderfulHS61Dined on 10/5/2014My 4th visit to Fiola Mare. Love this place. Food, service, locale, all great My favorite part this time was the dessert. Yoghurt panna cotta with fig/fall fruit compote and crunchy praline. Yumm!Special Features:
- Can't beat Fabio!McleanVIPDined on 10/4/2014Too good to be true! Bravo Fabio for another excellent restaurant...Excellent service as usual. Every dish is an unusual delicious sauce and lovely decor...Love the bucatini prawn, seared scallop appetizer...lobster ravioli...excellent choice of fish! Raw oyster sooo good!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I do enjoy eating at very fine restaurants and the quality of your food is exceptional and the presentation great...I do however think the prices are excessive. I have eaten at Fialo Mare 3 times already and will contiue to come but only on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 3 Oct 14JamesDined on 10/3/2014Dinner Reservation was for my Fiancé and I to celebrate her birthday. The service and overall experience we had was definitely special and one that will be easily remembered. The mozzarella Salad, Lobster Ravioli, and Raspberry Lime cake were amazing. The wait staff were attentive and very enthusiastic about what they recommended when asked. Very classy and sophisticated without being stuffy. We very much look forward to visiting again every time we are in the DC area.Special Features:
- Dinner at fiola mareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014We went with friends for a special occasion we were rewarded on every level,food,service were all first class it was pricey but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime dining!MarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 10/3/2014Fiola Mare is my all-time favorite DC restaurant. The wine list and sommelier were superb on both counts. The food was extraordinary as was the service! Please go - you'll love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/2/2014Dinner was excellent. Fiola Mare has quickly become one of the top restaurants in the Capitol region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/2/2014I had lunch with a friend of mine that I have not seen in years, so it took us forever to even look at the menu. There was never a point that we got rushed, even when they were obviously setting up for dinner already. Five star service! Amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.