3050 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fiolamaredc.com/
- Phone: 202-628-0065x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Trabocchi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fiola Mare
Fiola Mare offers world-class dining and hospitality complete with an enchanting view of the Potomac River. Evoking the seaside dining experience found along the coasts of Italy and the Mediterranean, Fiola Mare specializes in the freshest, most pristine seafood prepared with elegant simplicity through delicate and subtle additions of color, flavor and texture. Fiola Mare is a place to enjoy the highest quality fish and shellfish, paired with the finest hospitality and service in the city in a picturesque environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fiola Mare - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Fiola Mare reviews from OpenTable diners
608 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (457)special occasion (433)fit for foodies (406)great for outdoor dining (372)romantic (264)hot spot (221)notable wine list (203)vibrant bar scene (125)great for lunch (117)great for brunch (107)neighborhood gem (97)good for groups (76)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (18)Show More
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/18/2014Our food was superb, service was perfect, I highly recommend the restaurant to anyone who wants an exceptional seafood dining experience!Special Features:
- Excellent but PriceyBettinaVIPDined on 9/17/2014I think the restaurant is excellent overall, but a little to pricey. Three of us had a birthday delicious lunch. They split our 1 order of cavatelli onto 3 plates to start. For desert they brought their signature chocolate cake with with gold leaf and a candle for the birthday boy. My only complaint was I ordered a glass of rose (their only rose listed), priced at $14.00/glass. The waiter then asked me if I wanted it sparkling or flat. I said "oh, you have a sparkling one??" He said yes. I agreed, but when he passed the table, I asked if the sparkling was more expensive. He then brought the menu and it was $4.00 per glass more expensive. I didn't appreciate it. It felt like up-selling and their prices are already very high.Special Features:
- Very RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday evening. We had a wonderful seat! Our server was excellent. The ambiance is very romantic. It was perfect! The branzino was quite tasty and is enough for two. Compliments to the chef and staff! The hostess however should learn sometimes saying less is more. She commented "I like your earrings were they a gift?" I responded, "No, I bought them myself actually". A simple I like your earrings would've sufficed. Otherwise, our evening was decadent and very special. Anyone looking for a romantic restaraunt, THIS IS THE ONE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014I went with work colleagues and we had an amazing lunch. Tried the three course healthier offering. It was a real fantastic. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- a gem on the riverOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/16/2014Finally, a top notch restaurant on the Potomac River. We have been waiting for a long time to have a restaurant that wasn't built and taken over by tourists! Foods great, views to die for and outstanding service! Another hit!Special Features:
- MaryDined on 9/14/2014after two fabulous visits, has become one of our most favorite everything from the cocktails to cappuchino were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience to repeatbarbaramDined on 9/13/2014A wonderful evening. We arrived early and were set in rocking chair on the front porch with a drink in our hands and watching the Georgetown waterfront crowds. We split the salad, two entree's and a dessert. The restaurant served them split into two dishes and served the main dishes as two separate courses. The food and table was beautifully presented. Definitely a special occasion restaurant and not an 'every Saturday night' locale but well worth it.Special Features:
- An enjoyable eveninglegalfoodieDined on 9/13/2014It took weeks to get a reservation for the Saturday night time we wanted, but worth it. The entire wait staff works as a team. Our waiter was extremely helpful. When I asked about the tuna carpaccio appetizer, he said that it was one of his favorites. It was delicious! We had narrowed down our main courses and asked for his recommendation. He recommended the lobster ravioli, which has full lobster meat in four large ravioli and added lobster on top. He said the lobster meat equaled a pound. We each ordered one and were thrilled. It was excellent and filling. Before the courses, we were given complimentary gaspachos. We split a sorbet/gelato for dessert (coconut/pistachio/raspberry). Delicious. The restaurant is a bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningedieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We loved everything about our evening at Flora Mare, from our great waiter (Josuah ) to the terrific table outside with a view of the water to the incredible food, exquisitely prepared and tasting out of this world. We came away feeling that we had had a very very special evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014Overpriced! Plus, had to send both entrees back. Staff was gracious about it and tried hard to make it up. However, they should do it right the first time.Special Features:
- Oh the Pain of another subpar FiolaGWR1VIPDined on 9/12/2014I rated Fiola as overall very good, but lacking in value for money. Fiola Mare is less successful in impressing me. We visited on a Friday night at 7.30 before reservations for a 10pm show at Blues Alley. Enough time? Barely. We found the service exceedingly slow. The food was good, but unremarkable relative to the price. A cavatelli pasta at $22 was good, but not memorable. Equally the turbot at $44 was not noteworthy. But the biggest disappointment was the sommelier - the most sinister and unhelpful we have experienced in DC. To the credit of the restaurant, the view from patio tables in the evening is indeed remarkable, and if you are willing to overlook the lack of value for money and faux pas, it is a very nice evening out.Special Features:
- Fiola Mare - 12Sep2015ExperienceTheFoodDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent, however, it is not at all affordable, even at the top most end of the scale, for the Friday & Saturday night out dining budget of your average person. That said, if you are looking for the quintessential fine dining experience and have an extra $250 plus to spend on a lovely dinner for two, than I would highly recommend. The restaurant space and ambiance itself is quite outstanding situated just alongside the Potomac at Washington Harbour in Georgetown. The lobster ravioli – my favorite – is simple yet oh so satisfying served with a few lumps of lobster nestled in among the ravioli with an incredible sauce. For that special occasion, this is a perfect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potomac glamorBebeDined on 9/12/2014Perfect place to eat great food and watch the River. Only quibble - most expensive wines by the glass I have ever encountered. BeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Meal EverHayMazzDined on 9/12/2014I came here to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. The restaurant is GORGEOUS and the view is even better. We sat outside, had terrific service from the server and also the Sommelier, Will. The wine list is extensive and Will helped us a pick a bottle to our liking. We each ordered some antipasti and pasta dishes. Everyone was extremely happy with their meal. My family is Italian and my mom kept saying her dish reminded her of her mother in law's cooking back in Italy. I recommend getting the Spaghetti with Prawns or the Tagliatelle with Wild Calamari. A meal to be remembered and I will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, but....StarnoodleVIPDined on 9/11/2014It is located right by the Potomac River, and the atmosphere is gorgeous. I have dined there four times so far for lunch and dinner. I must say that these four meals were all too salty. They use great seafood. The freshness is guaranteed. Why do they put so much salt on them? The services were fine, except, the attention of the waiters is hard to get even they seem to be very nice in gesture. Other crew members (busboys and water servers) are very attentive. It is an expensive dining experience there. We would except a perfect meal and services. Unfortunately, it is not quite there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over reaches, expensiveAnonyDined on 9/9/2014Seafood cuisine that tries so hard to be inventive that it sacrifices taste. But the atmosphere is great, the service was good, and the wine by the list is decent so might be worth a visit before you go someplace elseSpecial Features:
- GloriaDined on 9/9/2014Great service. Fabulous food. A little hard to find but totally worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fridayniteVIPDined on 9/8/2014Better than we expected- great food- great ambiance and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Puzzling ExperienceCharlotteDined on 9/7/2014Fiola Mare has yet to decide if they are a fine or casual dinning experience - offering some of the best and worst of both. We came on Sunday night for a birthday - the restaurant was about half full. It was 45 minutes after our 7:30 pm seating that our drinks arrived (the waiter spilled one of them on our daughter) and an hour when we ordered dinner. The waiter answered my husband's request for an oaky chardonnay with a recommendation which was not at all oaky. He refused the bottle. The sommelier Will saved the day with an oaky wine that was delicious. Artic Char was the best dish with the others less wonderful b/c of too many flavors or too much sauce. We loved the special touches but 3 hours for a Sunday dinner is too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but great locationDCfishloverVIPDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I dined here on a beautiful evening and sat outside on the lower deck. Service was spotty, not the kind of pampering you would expect at a place that charges $44 for an entree. The food was good but not exceptional. At these prices I expected better. I had the arugula salad, and it had ricotta cheese in it which was unappealing, tasteless and mushy. The salad would have been much tastier with goat or feta cheese in it. Both of our fish entrees were ok, but at $42 and $44 each, they were not good enough to come back to this restaurant. I don't think we will be returning.Special Features:
- Could have gotten 5 starsPatriciaDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding service and our party of 6 had an outstanding table location. Food was just not quite up to expectations. I ordered the sole which was de-boned at the table and had to send it back because of the very fishy taste. After apologies and an offer to select something else, I just could not get into anything and ended up ordering a cold appetizer which left me a bit unsatisfied. Everyone else at the table had great food. The big hit were the scallops (which is what I should have gotten). All in all a good dining experience and we would go back.Special Features:
- ExceptionalGratefullySueDined on 9/6/2014From the scheduler who confirmed our reservation to the gentleman at the door when we left - the service was fabulous as was our table (they have so many windows, we could see the thunderstorm as it passed through). The food was delectable - my Italian husband said this is the only place he'll go for pasta now. We plan to go back this week and see what it's like at the bar on a "school" night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic All Aroundk6rotDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful scenic spot on the river with a view of the Kennedy center. Easy to find. Great service experience started with the valet, continued with our hostess and server. Food was spectacular. For a special occasion (birthday dinner) I find service to be as important, if not more so, than the food. Offered complimentary glasses of champagne for the table and complimentary dessert. Following the meal, we had planned to walk along the river but those plans got rained out. We decided to stay and have a few more drinks/coffee. Since the restaurant had become quite crowded, we offered to move to the bar to free up the table. She insisted we stay at the table and continue to enjoy ourselves. Fantastic from start to finish. We'll be going backSpecial Features:
- Great addition to DC dining scene!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014This establishment, at the waterfront, fills the bill as a place for high-end Italian dining. Service was great and the meal wonderful. Not sure though about the closing time of 10.30 pm even on weekends. Some kind of DC regulation?Special Features:
- Fiola Mare is truly outstanding!HighstandardsFoodieDined on 9/6/2014I cannot say enough about my two recent experiences at Fiola Mare. First of all, the food and flavor combinations were quite imaginative. It is such a delight not to have the same old flavors and preparation methods. Kudos to the creative chefs. Next, the service was of the highest caliber. Our every wish was granted, and a couple of our unspoken wishes were anticipated and granted even before we could express them. Everyone went considerably out of his/her way to make sure we were happy with our meals. Finally, we had a beautiful view of the Potomac, and as the sun went down the city skyline reflected on the river's surface quite stunningly. Altogether, this restaurant scored the highest possible marks on my two separate occasions there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Brunch!Marguer1teVIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband's birthday was this past weekend and we celebrated with brunch on Saturday at Fiola Mare. The view was gorgeous, the food was amazing, and the service right on.Special Features:
- SeekingGreatFoodDined on 9/6/2014I was at Fiola Mare for brunch. There were 5 of us. I was immediately impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the level of service. In fact, probably the best customer service I've every experienced in DC. The pace of the meal could best be described as leisurely and the food was excellent. I recommend the bread and pastry basket as well as the pistachio ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little DisappointedCarmenVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food is very, very good. But it is also fairly pricey compared to other DC restaurants with excellent food. Our servers were enthusiastic, but not very focused, it seemed. We had been seated for over five minutes before anyone came to our table. Someone brought bread, but we had to ask for olive oil. We had to ask for pepper. And it was very, very noisy. It was a busy Friday night, so we didn't expect it to be quiet, but there are hard surfaces everywhere and nothing to dampen the noise. I would recommend, but with some caveats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014Had the Turbot fish, it was terrible. Onions and fish don't go and the fish was tasteless. The restaurant was so noisy we couldn't hear our guests talk.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/2/2014My return visit was every bit as good as my first. Chris was an excellent server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent riverside diningMileageRunnerDined on 8/31/2014The location is great, just north of the Kennedy Center along the Georgetown waterfront. Food was very good, seafood extremely fresh. We had a lot of sand in our seafood pasta dishes, and the restaurant took care of us as a result. Very definitely would recommend to others visiting or living in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location location locationOutOnTheTownDined on 8/31/2014If you are fortunate to have a table in the main dining room, the restaurant has a great vibe so that the food and setting more than compensate for the lackluster service. If you are not so lucky, the other spaces are disappointing and depressing and not worth the price. A member of our party remarked that it looked like they ran out of money to finish the restaurant.Special Features:
- KTfrequentdcdinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our third dining experience at Fiola Mare was sub-par. We've also dined at Fiola many times. Each previous experience was wonderful; however, on Sunday night, the dinner was much less than expected. The meals were still fairly good, but the service was absolutely horrible for a restaurant of this stature. We constantly had to ask where our drinks and meals were. Two of the 4 appetizers were not put into the kitchen, and didn't come out. We ended up cancelling one and waiting on the other. The waiter apologized, but did not seem trained in the menu and constantly had to go check on things. I'm not a stickler for service, except for at a restaurant such as this. It will be a while until we head back to a Fabio Trabocche restaurant.Special Features:
- OutstandingPollyDined on 8/31/2014Everything was wonderful. Fish was cooked perfectly. Beautiful view.Special Features:
- Transforming the WaterfrontFiolaMareFirstTimersDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I had dinner for our 24th anniversary (son along as well). The food was absolutely delicious. The Frutti de Mare platter was spectacular and the staff threw in a few extra oysters for the special occasion. We also had the mixed grill and the lobster ravioli. And a very nice desert -- again thrown in for our anniversary. Wine list is impressive. View is great. A little pricey, but worth it. Will definitely be back and not just for a special occasion. Thank you for making our anniversary dinner fabulous!Special Features:
- Truly exceptionalItalianinVAVIPDined on 8/31/2014Lets get right to the point. Fiola Mare is exceptional in all respects.You are greeted at the door by your host who makes sure you are taken care of. If you arrive early and make a reservation, window seats are no problem and are beautiful places to dine in comfort. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the food and the liquor. They have a team approach so you are never left with an empty bread plate or water glass. The waiter (Milad J) was very helpful in selecting food and appropriate drinks to go with it. The food is exceptional. We tried a wide variety of appetizers and salads and all were expertly prepared and served. The Lobster Ravioli is mostly Lobster and delicious. The oysters are sweet and perfectly briny. Just goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fiola Mare vs FiolaeatingoutisagoodtimeVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and dine regularly at Fiola always having great dining experiences.We wanted to try Fiola Mare since there has been so much buzz about the place. Unfortunately for us Fiola Mare did not live up to the hype.No complaints about the food.This is an expensive restaurant.You expect the food to be outstanding based upon what you are spending.Mostly what we ate was very good.The service though was horribly. Our server had previously worked at Fiola. After telling him that we dined there regularly, he compared the differences including a statement that they were still working out the service kinks at Fiola Mare.There were many faults in the service.We told our server that we would dine at Fiola in the future but not return to Fiola Mare.Special Features:
- Fiola-by-the-seaFirsttheBreadDined on 8/30/2014Terrific food, as we would have expected from previous visits to the mother ship Fiola. Basil-fed escargot! Who knew? Gorgeous oysters. Terrific bread (you don't need olive oil or butter, it's so good and crusty and essential for sopping up sauces). Same great lobster ravioli as Fiola, plus a lot of other options we will have to come back for. Save space for the desserts, which included a velvety chocolate concoction, and great cheese selection. Very welcoming on a special occasion (major anniversary). Staff very attentive, but perhaps still getting it together (maybe because we chose outside dining, but the ongoing waterfront scene was well worth giving up air conditioning). We'll be back, and we hope we can bring friends and/or family.Special Features:
- FantasticfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Really worth every dime. The bar music is noisy and that is the only drawback. Service superb.Special Features:
- First VisitFCRobVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food and service were both outstanding. Portions were proportionate not overwhelming. Will definitely return.Special Features: