3050 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fiolamaredc.com/
- Phone: 202-628-0065x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Trabocchi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fiola Mare
Fiola Mare offers world-class dining and hospitality complete with an enchanting view of the Potomac River. Evoking the seaside dining experience found along the coasts of Italy and the Mediterranean, Fiola Mare specializes in the freshest, most pristine seafood prepared with elegant simplicity through delicate and subtle additions of color, flavor and texture. Fiola Mare is a place to enjoy the highest quality fish and shellfish, paired with the finest hospitality and service in the city in a picturesque environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Fiola Mare - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Fiola Mare reviews from OpenTable diners
620 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (469)special occasion (438)fit for foodies (410)great for outdoor dining (368)romantic (281)notable wine list (222)hot spot (221)vibrant bar scene (127)great for lunch (121)great for brunch (112)neighborhood gem (97)good for groups (76)late-night find (32)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- OutstandingPollyDined on 8/31/2014Everything was wonderful. Fish was cooked perfectly. Beautiful view.Special Features:
- Fiola-by-the-seaFirsttheBreadDined on 8/30/2014Terrific food, as we would have expected from previous visits to the mother ship Fiola. Basil-fed escargot! Who knew? Gorgeous oysters. Terrific bread (you don't need olive oil or butter, it's so good and crusty and essential for sopping up sauces). Same great lobster ravioli as Fiola, plus a lot of other options we will have to come back for. Save space for the desserts, which included a velvety chocolate concoction, and great cheese selection. Very welcoming on a special occasion (major anniversary). Staff very attentive, but perhaps still getting it together (maybe because we chose outside dining, but the ongoing waterfront scene was well worth giving up air conditioning). We'll be back, and we hope we can bring friends and/or family.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Really worth every dime. The bar music is noisy and that is the only drawback. Service superb.Special Features:
- First VisitFCRobVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food and service were both outstanding. Portions were proportionate not overwhelming. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our experience at Fiola Mare was perfect from start to finish - from the delightful doorman to the hostess, the wait staff and the servers. Wonderful attention to detail and the food was "out-of-this-world" as expected. We were lucky to have a beautiful evening and ate outside with a lovely view of the river. The ambiance inside was also wonderful and abuzz with activity without being hectic. This is a spot to go back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food and room at the HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent food and good service. We waited a bit too long for cocktail service and in between entree and dessert, but waiter was friendly and focused and made several good recommendations. Our service experience at the other Fiola had been more impressive. Most of the distracting noise came from airplane traffic and throngs of people boarding idling boats. Was a little distracting to some of the people in our party. But on balance a more than pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2014Service was very slow. Didn't seem to have their system together. Food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERPRICED and TERRIBLE SERVICEDrLydiaGrayVIPDined on 8/27/2014What a disappointment! We went with 6 people, celebrating 2 very special birthdays. Service was beyond terrible, and the restaurant was not even crowded. Dover Sole at $70 came out cold and without the lemon, butter caper sauce. All of the portions were made for toddlers and priced for Donald Trump. GET REAL!
- Worth the trip.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2014My wife and I celebrated a wedding anniversary at Fiola Mare. They lived up to the WP review where I discovered the restaurant. Service was excellent. Great atmosphere. The wine list was eclectic and covered all the bases, especially whites for seafood selections. Best tuna carpaccio I have ever had. I highly recommend this spot.Special Features:
- Delicious food but...LiskoDCDined on 8/27/2014We have eaten here several times and the fish is outstanding. Oysters very fresh, salads lovely and Dover Sole exceptional. Downsides....service can be very slow from seating to end. Waited a good ten minutes before we even saw our waitress (on a weekday night). We had to ask for our salads to be brought as they seemed to take forever and literally grabbed her to get our check. Feel it was probably a large party that was demanding all the attention but it does not justify the lengthy time for everything. Hefty price tag but again...it is Georgetown and if you want good food, you will pay the price. Go for a special meal not an everyday weekday meal! It is by far the best on the waterfront so we will be back.Special Features:
- special placeMorrVIPDined on 8/27/2014Arugola salad. Black Sea Bass. A Rum (baba) dessert. All were excellent and week thought out. I'm sorry that I don't recall all of the signal ingredients.Special Features:
- Did not live up to the accolades...CaptSDined on 8/26/2014Very active diner in Washington and unfortunately I must have caught Fiola Mare on an off night given all the praise they have received. King Crab Risotto was all tomato and nary a sign of crab (but included a large piece of flaccid cod???). Simply grilled langoustines were mushy, tasteless, and VERY small for the price. White wine list by the glass was totally uninspired - they all tasted the same despite the waitresses valiant effort (when she was around) in giving us samples from 6 different bottles. Crudo appetizer was excellent and the lobster ravioli was awesome But this has to be the least enjoyable for the money meal I have ever had. Given the expense and the very disappointing level of food quality I can only give it a 1 star.
- Kitchen Faux Pas Saved by Staff!Barney29VIPDined on 8/26/2014Restaurant has a great location right on the river. We had appetizers and then ordered the main course. I ordered charred octopus. When I got it, it was extremely tuff. I mentioned it to our waitress and she immediately had another entrée made. This was better but also overdone. She then asked me to pick a different entre which I did. Turned out to be fabulous (Lobster Ravioli). This was our anniversary. The manager on duty brought us another bottle of champagne on the house and told us we could have as much as we wanted as a way to make up for the kitchen disaster. When I got the bill I was billed for one entree. The waitress and the manager turned a potential disaster into a fabulous evening. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Such a great meal!Rek96VIPDined on 8/25/2014Lobster Ravioli was Amazing!!! Great wine pairing- perfect outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- But can you do as well at home?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014Don't get me wrong; I really loved the experience. The Fiola restaurants are great (we did my 30 person birthday party at Fiola.) But I had some niggles with Fiola Mare on this visit (in addition to not getting the promised able) > One of my guests got a few very tiny, itsy bitsy oysters...they should have not been served. My wife's and my oysters were just fine. The grilled fish were as good as I can do at home my self. Now, the Lobster ravioli were superb. They were a WOW! We also had three fabulous bottles of white wine from the Fabio White Selection (Gaja,Ca’Marcanda,Vistamare,Vermentino/Viognier,Toscanno.) Will I go again...sure, but I won't order grilled fish and I will choke down the $50 corkage fee and bring my own wine.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014This is a new restaurant and quite a find. The staff was helpful and friendly. The atmosphere was lovely. The food and wine were outstanding. We went for a special occasion and it was a wonderful experience. This is one of the few places we have been in recent memory that was expensive and worth every penny.Special Features:
- Amateur nightOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/24/2014We looked forward to an outstanding meal and were dumbfounded by the lack of professionalism. Firstly the server, clearly tentative and inexperienced launches off into an excruciatingly lengthy description of each and every menu item ingredient. We then order drinks (scotch and a martini) and decided on our first course which within moments were all brought simultaneously. We wanted to enjoy our drinks without our pasta dishes so they took them back. After a few minutes, our server arrives with"are you ready now?" This is their business, they should understand timing. Then the half order of pasta and clams arrived with 3 out of 7 clams inedible because they never opened. These were unfortunately the largest on the plate. Inexcusable.Special Features:
- Loved brunch so went back Monday!PWPLPVIPDined on 8/24/2014If you love seafood and aren't thrown by $50+ entrees, this is the place! The restaurant is beautifully decorated and laid out - with separate dining areas. Some outside, right on the Potomac River, some in a sort of "in-between" terrace with views of the River, and some inside. Very comfortable ambiance overall. Food is exceptional, yet pricey, and if there is anyone in your party who doesn't like seafood, they will have a hard time finding something here to eat. Don't miss dessert - they are divine!Special Features:
- TTamaraDined on 8/23/2014Had the tuna crudo and oysters with caviar and prosecco mousse to start and the lobster ravioli along with the Under the Sea main dish. Dessert was a special Italian chocolate cake that was very dense and delish. Everything was stellar! I cannot fault any thing except that we had to wait about 10 minutes for our table, since our reservation was at 5pm and the wait staff were behind closed doors until 5:10pm.Special Features:
- A treat for Our AnniversarymeasureformeasureDined on 8/22/2014We came for the first evening of our two-day anniversary celebration. The service was outstanding. Our waiter Antonio was very attentive and very knowledgeable. The menu was somewhat limited but overall the food was very good. Antonio and all the staff came over frequently to ensure that our anniversary was a very special time and we thank them for it.Special Features:
- One quibblehsbhDined on 8/22/2014We were there for an anniversary lunch. The food was excellent. We were given a requested table by the window with a view of the river. The food was excellent. We were brought glasses of champagne gratis due to the special occasion. The waiter was very helpful and professional. Our one complaint: the water and bread folks need better training. They reached over us more than once. Otherwise, excellent!Special Features:
- Excellent but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014With all the options DC offers, this meal was a little pricey for what it was. But excellent service and food was very good, just not amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond amazing restaurant!VickiVIPDined on 8/21/2014This was our 2nd dinner at Fiola Mare. It was incredible! The food is divine, the service was perfection and our family had another awesome evening at this beautiful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...Nortto8Dined on 8/21/2014Our dinner was terrific but I felt as if we were being rushed. We chose 2 pastas to share (it was just 2 of us) and they were both brought at the same time, when we ordered I thought they would be brought 1 at a time. WE had the urge to hurry up with one so you could get to number 2 before it got cold. My husband finished first and they whipped his plate away before I was finished. I no sooner took my last bite (fork in hand) and my plate was gone. And low and behold we no sooner finished our pastas and our entrees were there. I believe in good service but not RUSHED. Dessert quickly followed and we certainly were given the feeling that they wanted us out to set up and seat next reservation. GREAT food but I hope the service SLOWS DOWN.Special Features:
- Beautiful addition to The HarbourWDwdDined on 8/21/2014Great food. Great room and view. the Harbour has been dying for a place like this for many years.
- Not even close to the other FiolaExcellentDined on 8/21/2014A Friend told us the Fiola have the best bread in town, excellent food and service. We try the Mare and it went very bed. They serve an old bread, the service was terrible, trying to seat us in a bad location (we did reservation days before and ask for specific setaing), and pushing to change our selection for a bigger and more expensive needless portion (the one they bring was more than enough for us). It may be the location (touristic) or different bussiness model, but it will not see me again. Now I need to try the other one to confirm that the bread is really good.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceTrudiLBDined on 8/20/2014This was my second visit to Fiola Mare for lunch! The food and presentation is outstanding. Our party ordered the lobster and crab salad as well as the scallops for entrees. They are delicious and beautiful to look at! Our wait staff was attentive without hovering. Plus, we sat outside on day without the August humidity and enjoyed the splendid view of the Potomac.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Washington DC's best seafood placedzeckhausenVIPDined on 8/17/2014The service, setting, and food immediately puts this new DC restaurant at the top of the list for fine dining. Everything was perfect, the staff was more than accommodating for an older (93), finicky father-in-law, and we will be back ... again and again. Next time for a romantic dinner for 2. This is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Fantastic Italian and SeafoodPBandJVIPDined on 8/17/2014Fiola Mare is a fantastic culinary experience! The chef clearly knows how to cook great, authentic Italian food, that you cannot find elsewhere in this city. The focus on seafood makes it even more exceptional. The outdoor seating is the best in the city for being by the water. The restaurant is head and shoulders above all other restaurants at Washington Harbor. Be sure to make advance reservations and specifically request your seating (i.e. views, indoors/outdoors). The service is truly exceptional as well!Special Features:
- Good food but poor servicePwamDined on 8/16/2014Although the food was very good at Fiola Mare, the service was well below the standard for a restaurant of this quality and high price. Our waiter, Adrian was so distracted when taking our order we asked him if he needed to go take care of something else and return when he had the time for us. He said no but was then carrying on a conversation with another staff member while I was ordering. It was no surprise that he came back a few minutes later to ask me again what I had ordered. This restaurant has potential but unless the service can live up to the quality of the food and the price I would recommend looking elsewhere.
- Great food, service and ambianceKateDined on 8/16/2014We went to Fiola Mare for the first time to celebrate a friend's engagement. The food was delicious -- at our table, we ordered oysters, a stone fruit salad, swordfish simply grilled with lemon, etc, the rockfish and the lobster ravioli. The lobster ravioli had a very generous portion of delicious, fresh, high-quality lobster -- excellent! The view couldn't have been better. An outside table with a view of the boardwalk, the water and the boats. Beautiful! And they have pashminas if you get too cool. The service was spectacular -- the waiter was engaged, funny, and knew his stuff -- he made great recommendations. And he brought a few complimentary treats for the special occasion, which was really really nice.Special Features:
- Delicious!poptartsxdDined on 8/16/2014The food is absolutely delicious! We had made a reservation for 8 pm but they were able to seat us at 7 pm, which was great. There was a raw seafood platter with prawns, lobster, oysters, etc. that was meant for 4-6 people. We thought it could fill us but it didn't and we ended up ordering pasta - which was okay. I highly recommend the raw seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgetown Harbor GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Fabulous food, courteous and friendly service. Lovely view overlooking the Potomac River. I haven't stopped talking about the restaurant since having lunch there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Terrific restaurant! Great food, great service! A memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience!To7faDined on 8/14/2014The food was absolutely spectacular, especially the tuna and grilled watermelon. We also loved the sides: corn, kale and smoked potatoes - yum!! We were a bit irritated with the super extra attention we had from the waiters. They barely left us alone. We would have also appreciated having our own salt and pepper mills for the table as well as olive oil for the bread. But a great restaurant. Be prepared to pay a few more dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticcilyDined on 8/14/2014just like Fiola's, Fiola Mare is an exce;;ant place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming backfinetasteVIPDined on 8/14/2014Loved it the first time I was there. This was my fifth. I want to go back next week.Special Features:
- so so serviceDCLYVIPDined on 8/14/2014We have a group of 5 went there for lunch. Since we like Fiola, and saw all the good reviews online, we had high expectation before we went there. After lunch, non of us think we would go back again. It wasn't bad, but not worth the money. It was not crowded when we arrived(empty room, no other people waited), but took us a while to be seated. Our appetizers were all good, but entrees were too salty. Our waitress was not attentive, no energy, and doesn't seem to know the wine list well. Luckly other staff were friendly and helpful. When the check arrived, the waitress circled the suggested 22% tips printed on the check, which we found improper. We didn't even feel like to tip her 20%.
- Excellent foodRenataDined on 8/13/2014Above all the considerations, the food is the best thing in all Fiola Mare setting.Special Features:
- So happy we picked it!Bostoncouple1Dined on 8/13/2014What a perfect experience for our first dinner in DC! Lovely waterfront views and food creatively prepared for the eye and the palat - five stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.