3050 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fiolamaredc.com/
- Phone: (202) 628-0065
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Trabocchi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please contact email@example.com
A word from Fiola Mare
Fiola Mare offers world-class dining and hospitality complete with an enchanting view of the Potomac River. Evoking the seaside dining experience found along the coasts of Italy and the Mediterranean, Fiola Mare specializes in the freshest, most pristine seafood prepared with elegant simplicity through delicate and subtle additions of color, flavor and texture. Fiola Mare is a place to enjoy the highest quality fish and shellfish, paired with the finest hospitality and service in the city in a picturesque environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fiola Mare - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Fiola Mare reviews from OpenTable diners
519 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (380)scenic view (379)fit for foodies (370)great for outdoor dining (299)romantic (229)hot spot (215)notable wine list (210)great for lunch (116)vibrant bar scene (116)neighborhood gem (100)great for brunch (94)good for groups (89)late-night find (23)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- A very good restaurant but very pricey!Roving1VIPDined on 11/24/2014The quality of the food is high and the view very nice (on the Potomac river), but it is very pricey. There seems to be too much staff that does not do much. I suspect that, once the initial hype declines, they'll have to cut both staffing and prices if they want to continue competing with other top Italian restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/24/2014The food and service here are both excellent. I am not sure I would go for anything other than a very special occasion. This is a very expensive restaurant and I am not sure the food and service are that much better than other restaurants one could also go to on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but mostly worth itAmantediTavolaVIPDined on 11/22/20144 for Saturday night birthday dinner. Interesting wine list with some reasonably priced wines. Expert and stylish caviar service. Lobster ravioli was up to its billing and garnished with tail and claw. Squid was delicious. Interesting and flavorful desserts. Some of the best most polished and unself-conscious service in DC -- thanks Alberto and Stefan. Downsides: $15 valet parking at these prices -- $22 langoustine that was perhaps 3 scrawny bites (kitchen should have noticed) -- no amuse or tastes when comparable restaurants always offer them. Still, will probably return to try more of the menu and experience the view and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They put the HAPPY in Happy Birthday!GratefullySueDined on 11/22/2014We took our foodie-friend from New Orleans here to celebrate her birthday. We had early dinner reservations so we got a lovely table by the window. I was concerned they were rushing us when our food came out a little fast, but we soon got over that because everything was delicious! Then they fell all over my friend with a candle-lit dessert for her birthday including 3 scoops of ice cream so we could share, and they provide wonderful little cookies while you're closing out your check. It was an excellent experience for our friend who dines out for a living, and a place you want to bring your friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rich and IndulgentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2014An elegant atmosphere and great service really tied together a rich and amazing meal. Everything we ate was delicious and the attention to detail was easily apparent. With many levels of ingredients, every ingredient was present and you could taste them. Presentations beautiful as well. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with fabulous food!DavidAussieTravelerVIPDined on 11/20/2014I read about this place online as one of the top new restaurants in DC. Super food and amazing wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous special occasion restaurantHeatherFeatherVIPDined on 11/20/2014My friend and I were celebrating our joint birthdays, and they treated us like royalty. Complimentary proseco and desserts. Waiter was utterly charming and provided excellent recommendations. Food unusual and delicious. I had a half serving of the lobster ravioli -- more than enough -- and a gorgeous salad, complete with flowers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!LoloVIPDined on 11/19/2014Fabio has created a restaurant with the most delicious and creative seafood I have ever eaten. The dishes are imaginative, both incredible to look at as well as to eat. It has to be the best restaurant in DC. The staff is attentive and friendly without being intrusive. Our server Adam was wonderful. A five star evening for sure! Can't wait to go back......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant I've tried in a whileLadylaxer9999VIPDined on 11/18/2014I'll keep this short, but sweet ... my lunch experience here was sublime. From the best "mocktail" I've ever had, to sumptious food, to attentive but not overbearing service, a spectacular view and delightful ambiance, this was an A++ experience. Can't wait to go back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good for high quality seafood prepared well.MyrtDined on 11/17/2014We got the lousiest table in the restaurant and the waiter and manager tried to make up for it by gratis extra dishes (side dish and extra dessert). That was nice touch given our very small and isolated table.Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2014Although only months old, Fiola Mare already ranks among the finest restaurants in the U.S. For years, we have eaten at fine dining establishments across the country and Fiola Mare ranks among the three or four best restaurants that we have ever encountered. The entire experience was amazing. The atmosphere is classy without being formal. Although bustling and full during our meal, we were not crowded and could hear conversation without straining. All aspects of the seafood were superb. Although the menu changes frequently, we highly recommend the lobster bisque cappuccino, the ahi tuna carpaccio, the "Under the Sea" masterpiece, and the royal dorade. The calamari in the "Under the Sea" was unlike any other calamari that we have ever eaten with a velvety soft texture and rich flavor. Even the hot chocolate stands apart from other restaurants. The only aspect of the experience that topped the food was the unique service provided by Anton. He was quite simply the best - ever! We felt honored to be served by him. His broad knowledge, boundless enthusiasm, thoughtful recommendations, and sincere conversation set him above 99.99% of all servers in the restaurant world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenniferVIPDined on 11/15/2014Extraordinarily fresh fish. Impecceable service. Fun people watching.Special Features:
- fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014Three best friends who live in different cities and only get together once a year enjoyed a lovely dinner on a Sat nite. Food was great. Bartender chose the perfect reasonably priced wine. Service staff was amazing. Hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBirthdayDined on 11/14/2014Once again a great experience at a Fabio Trabocchi restaurant. Beautiful locations and ambience. Food was incredible. Service was above and beyond. Thank you for the extra special service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise find.FABUDined on 11/14/2014A surprise treat; the food was superb and the service was attentive without being osequious. Not cheap but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth it!RobVVIPDined on 11/13/2014Had a wonderful dinner Thursday night that was highlighted by a friendly, not over friendly waiter named milad, who Explained all the specials and wonderful preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 11/12/2014One word describes Fiola Mare, incredible. The food and the service are incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view and food command attention!FoodieCNDined on 11/12/2014We had a superb lunch overlooking the Potomac on a brilliantly beautiful autumn day. Hated to leave! The only disappointment was in the desserts. They were less than memorable in contrast to our earlier courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAaronDined on 11/11/2014Went here for my 1 year anniversary. Was an exceptional experience. Staff was friendly and attentive. Food was good. Valet was quick. Even gave us campaign and a complimentary desert as a token of good will. We will definitely come back and recommend to friends!Special Features:
- Best new addition to georgetownClaiborneDined on 11/11/2014This is a significant restaurant in the georgetown and waterfront community. Your philosophy of generosity is just lovely and always delicious.Special Features:
- SpecialMorrVIPDined on 11/9/2014Well received by friends and critics. Friendly, attentive staff. Decor is contemporary, but prices are a bit more de luxe. I have delighted in the desserts and salads. Dare I admit that something ( I don't know what ) doesn't suit me in the fish plates. Next time, I must try a plain broiled fish and see what it does for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- henryVIPDined on 11/9/2014Fabulous experience. Great food, great service and great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problems with ReservationsstevenVIPDined on 11/8/2014I had reserved a table for 2 at 9:15 PM this past Saturday and we arrived 15 mins early. We were greeted at the door with a crowded clustered entryway with uncertainty on who the host or hostess was. We gave our party's name down to a woman who didn't speak English well. We knew we probably had to wait, however no one EVER told us to sit by the bar. We were ushered to congregate in the little space in between the dining room and the front door. After waiting 10 mins past our reservation, we went up to a different woman standing in the front area and asked if we would be seated soon, as our reservation had passed. She was rude with her response and we weren't seated until 9:35 PM. SO RIDICULOUS AND POOR MANAGEMENT. Food was DELICIOUS though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentTurfVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our experience did not meet our expectations. The restaurant was too noisy, our waiter was unpleasant and the menu selection was narrow. The policy of charging $50 per person for not cancellng a reservation within 24 hours seems excessive. There are so many other wonderful restaurants in the DC area that there's no reason to frequent one that disappoints.Special Features:
- I Will Only Eat Flowers From Now OnEwanMcgregorLoverDined on 11/8/2014I was visiting my closest girlfriends in DC and wanted to do something special and lovely. We did want a delicious brunch with an unlimited drinks menu. But we did NOT want a fratty loud boozy brunch. This was an elegant way to have both drinks and food. The sun was shinning in on us due to the gorgeous window incased side porch facing the Potomac. Not only was the ambiance beautiful, the food was even lovelier. The green salad was fresh and crisp with wild flowers and the entrees were incredible. A brunch to be remembered.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014My friend and I found Fiola Mare by accident when we went to eat at Washington Harbor 31 October and got off the bus a stop late. Was it ever a lucky break! My friend and I pride ourselves on our dining taste, and we agree Fiola Mare is the best restaurant in D.C. we’ve tried. We’ll be back.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantDCsalesdirectorVIPDined on 11/6/2014I LOVE Fiola Mare! It's become my go-to place for dinner. The food, the service, the ambiance: all wonderful. Best of all: the staff knows who I am, which I don't seek out, but greatly appreciate.Special Features:
- Great brand extension!LynnCDined on 11/6/2014Fiola is one of DC's premier food experiences, Fiola Mare is a worthy extension. Well done all around. Food is exceptional. Service allows for sharing of any course without fuss. Good wine list. A little tricky to get to being under the Whitehurst viaduct.Special Features:
- CooksalotDined on 11/6/2014Over-rated, over-priced restaurant. My aviation cocktail was gray and had little flavor. Desserts were a failure: savarin was tasteless and cold; souffle was undercooked. Strong fish flavor of scallops did not go with the mushroom sauce on the gnocchi. Salad, lobster bisque and lobster ravioli were excellent. Too noisy for conversation. Waiter ifnored us us. I would not go there again.
- Gourmet waterfront restaurantpickyeaterDined on 11/6/2014All the the right elements in all the right places. I had lunch there on an sunny autumn day with a gorgeous window view over the river, and the staff could have been more gracious. A must have is the lobster ravioli. It also has a delicious "Maria's menu" at a good price, with a beautiful presence of delicious, nutritious,and not overly caloric three courses (I had to take photos of the dishes). A wonderful addition to DC waterfront dining, and I plan to return many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy and DeliciousSiggyVIPDined on 11/5/2014Met with a friend for a work lunch. Chose the healthy lunch menu (only $28!). I was a bit worried that the healthy low sodium/fat would lack in flavor but it was an incredibly delicious, elegant, and well balanced meal. Started with a complimentary butternut squash soup, followed with a beautiful arugula and anchovy salad. The main dish was a perfectly poached salmon filet on a bed of pearl couscous. They even accommodated me for a non-dairy desert of poached figs, crispy apple sticks, tangerines, and a fall fruit sorbet decorated with delicate petals. Just beautiful! The staff is incerdibly attentive, friendly, knowledgable, and professional as always. I can't think of a single thing that was not perfect. Bravo!! I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable eveningNancyVIPDined on 11/4/2014I chose this restaurant for a special dinner. My daughter and her boyfriend, who work in a five-diamond restaurant in California, were visiting. My wife and I took them to Fiola Mare, and it was an extraordinary evening in every way. Our server, Adam, was attentive, knowledgeable, and conversational, without being intrusive. I had a number of dietary concerns and he made clear that no request was too difficult. From the amuse bouche through dessert, the food was delicious. I had the branzino. The others had more complex dishes, the lobster ravioli, spaghetti with clams, and the "under the sea," which is like a cioppino. Some meals are expensive and barely worth it. All four of us agreed that this one was worth every penny.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014Seafood was over cooked. Ravoli temperature was tepid. Bisque was oversalted.Special Features:
- The Best Italian Restaurant in DC!jonapVIPDined on 11/2/2014This is our fourth time at Fiola Mare. It gets better every time we go for dinner. We had reservations for an early Sunday dinner. Although we arrived a bit earlier we went to the bar and had our cocktails, with no rush, even the bar tender or mixologist gave us a complementary glass of pro secco. We were taken to our table and the service was never ending from the busboys to the waiter to the maitre's and/or captains. The food was excellent from appetizers to the main entree and desserts. All in all Fiola Mare is the best Italian restaurant in DC and perhaps one of the best in the Northeast corridor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday on the River with Fiola MarebaristobabeDined on 11/2/2014Simply the best Sunday brunch around. Eye-catching ambience; the shimmering Potomac at your side; delightful service; delicious food. Who could ask for anything more! Marion GoldinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingmorristhecatDined on 11/1/2014Our waiter made terrific suggestions on their fish dishes and while both were very good the cod special was fantastic. The sommelier made an excellent suggestion for a white Rhone that went with the fish perfectly. The highlight of the meal however was the gnocchi with truffles. Truly amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKoroDined on 11/1/2014Everything was perfect - food, service, atmosphere ...Special Features:
- Not worth the price pointFairestDined on 10/31/2014When I ask for a reservation from the waiter, I expect an upswell at places that aren't as upscale as this. Of course the seafood tower is going to be excellent as an appetizer, and I won't be disappointed with the mixed seafood grill - I'd better not be disappointed at $75 and $90, respectively (right?). But even after I acceded to the recommendation, the least he could do was offer any type of insight on the rest of the menu entrees before stating perhaps, "...and you can never go wrong with the mixed seafood grill". Instead, he made it sound like there wasSpecial Features:
- Very good, not outstanding.DorianaVIPDined on 10/31/2014We dined at Fiola Mare on my fiancé's birthday: it was a special occasion and we were happy to splurge. The quality of our food, however, did not justify the bill we got. We started with the LOBSTER BISQUE CAPPUCCINO ($30) and the AHI TUNA CARPACCIO ($24). They were both excellent. Then, I had half portion of the AGNOLOTTI OF MODENA COTECHINO SAUSAGE ($18) and my fiancé ordered the MADAI SNAPPER "FISHERMAN STYLE" ($44). The agnolotti were fantastic but the snapper wasn't. The filet was small and the shellfish that came with it was decorative but mostly inedible. The Arneis wine ($16 a glass) we drank during the meal was easily forgettable. The BOMBOLONI dessert ($13) was ordinary. Overall, 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great...Gracey8Dined on 10/31/2014The food was good overall but don't think it matched the high prices. We had to ask our server for bread and olive oil, it wasn't offered to us. Our server was friendly but seemed a bit distracted. I think there is definitely room for improvement. I enjoyed the special pasta dish with seafood but thought the sauce was a bit bland. I had to ask the waiter for olive oil and crushed red pepper to spice it up a bit, once again this was not offered. I did however enjoy the red wine. Great selection by the Sommelier. I may try this place again in the spring or summer but more for the scenic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.