3050 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fiolamaredc.com/
- Phone: 202-628-0065x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Fabio Trabocchi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fiola Mare
Fiola Mare offers world-class dining and hospitality complete with an enchanting view of the Potomac River. Evoking the seaside dining experience found along the coasts of Italy and the Mediterranean, Fiola Mare specializes in the freshest, most pristine seafood prepared with elegant simplicity through delicate and subtle additions of color, flavor and texture. Fiola Mare is a place to enjoy the highest quality fish and shellfish, paired with the finest hospitality and service in the city in a picturesque environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fiola Mare - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Fiola Mare reviews from OpenTable diners
598 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (448)special occasion (429)fit for foodies (405)great for outdoor dining (375)romantic (262)hot spot (223)notable wine list (211)vibrant bar scene (123)great for lunch (122)great for brunch (104)neighborhood gem (100)good for groups (77)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (17)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014The overall experience was fantastic--great views, great food, very good wine. However the service was quite uneven--while our server was very personable, it took an extremely long time to place an order for drinks and then again for appetizers; they were out of the wine we chose and once we selected another after the initial pour we had to make a special request to have our glasses refilled. No one seemed to know where our wine was. The bread server often ignored our table and never inquired. He seemed to skip some focus on others without apparent pattern. Given the prices-- service should be job one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner, but management?DisappointedDined on 9/28/2014My 14 yr old daughter was inadvertently given a peach bellini w/ champagne vs. the virgin cocktail that she ordered. We didn't realize the error until she had almost finished the drink when she stated that she thought it had alcohol in it. We subsequently tasted it and confirmed it. We brought this to our waiters attention and it took a good 15 minutes before the manager showed up. The manager assured us that if the drink did have alcohol in it, that it was just a small amount. At the end of the meal the waiter gave us raspberry ice cream for our trouble, which we didn't eat. Luckily, my daughter didn't feel poorly, but she did feel "foggy" for a short period of time. We were not happy with how management handled the situation.Special Features:
- Always the best !AgaOVIPDined on 9/28/2014The food is great and consistent, the service excellent . Beautiful setting . My favorite local restaurant . The managment is very professional , especially Daniel . He is always very helpful and goes out of his way to assist with anything . Thank you so much Daniel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wait staffXyzzVIPDined on 9/28/2014service was excellent after initially bringing dinner before ordered appetizers. way too many people working in the restaurant to not be on top of all details. especially at a restaurant of this quality and relatively high prices. restaurant, view, location, and food are outstanding howeverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Classes of ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014Service appears to be bifurcated: attentive for "regulars" and "fast food slap dash" for those perceived (correctly or not) as tourists. We felt that we were being hurried out the door the moment we arrived.Special Features:
- Hot Spot with Scorching PricesdiningoutVIPDined on 9/27/2014Diner beware! The food at Fiola Mare is excellent, bordering on outstanding. I would go back for more lobster ravioli in a heartbeat. But even for Washington, DC, the prices are very high, no doubt owing in part to the expensive Georgetown waterfront location of the restaurant. I checked the box that says yes, I would recommend Fiola Mare to a friend, but I would immediately add the caveat that anyone planning a meal there needs to know that first courses range from $35-$45 and main courses cost commensurately more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around!TabearukiVIPDined on 9/26/2014This is so far the best restaurant we have been in recent months in addition to the Omakase at Sushi Taro. "Under the Sea" is out of this world. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2014The only reason I didn't give it give stars is because it is very expensive. But it was five stars in all categoriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riverside Gem with a ViewBAWESQ75Dined on 9/26/2014Fabulous fish grilled to perfection, outstanding service, and a spectacular view; I will visit this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved every momentHeidiODined on 9/25/2014We felt like VIPs, our waiter, Anton was amazing, food was amazing (Lobster Ravioli to die for). The Sommelier, Maurice, read my mind, perfect wine. The think I like the most about Fiola Mare is that while it is fine dining, it is also fun, not stuffy. Love this place.Special Features:
- Great seafood!CarkyVIPDined on 9/24/2014The service was friendly, but very slow. Our table wasn't ready until 30 minutes after our reservation time. The food was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Rainy night but superb foodSamHoustonVIPDined on 9/24/2014Probably some of the best, freshest seafood in DC. Like most of DC, a bit overpriced and trendy, but still worth it. Rain that night, so no outdoor dining which is one of the highlights of the place. The place was packed for a Wednesday night. Put in a back room, but had a great view of the kitchen which was fascinating to watch in action. The wine selection is excellent and matches the quality of the seafood. Service including the hostess were very welcoming and attentive.Special Features:
- Keeps on trucking...WonderfulWinoVIPDined on 9/24/2014Wonderful seafood. Magic with lobster dishes. Octopus with slightly spiced beans outstanding...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteDisappointedDined on 9/22/2014Italian seafood by the water -- sounded perfect -- and was! The food was subtle and delightful, rich but each element balanced. The wait staff were so gracious -- attentive, yet unobtrusive. This was our first visit and will definitely not be our last.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/22/2014Waited a month for a reservation and came away disappointed. For a restaurant with a reputation built on fine fish, rockfish entrée was bland. Probably not possible for 2 people to eat dinner for less than $100.Special Features:
- DeborahDeborahDined on 9/21/2014Incredible fresh food, everything from the richness of the ocean oysters, garden crisp salad, house-made smooth mozzarella salad, to the delicious dinner entries (Royal Sea Bass and Wild Turbot). Every single bite was fantastic! Our cocktails were made exactly as we requested. Service was courteous and very attentive. Much to our surprise, the Chef sent over a complimentary tasting of their house specialty... Fiola Maine Lobster Ravioli. I would go back for this dish alone! The entire evening was a culinary delight!Special Features:
- memorable anniversary dinnerSunny7VIPDined on 9/21/2014the food was excellent but the service was truly exceptional. We were celebrating our 46th anniversary and Adam,our waiter, did an absolutely fantastic job of making it special.Special Features:
- Will absolutely be back!!MandMDined on 9/21/2014This place has it all. Excellent food, friendly attentive service, a great wine selection, and a fun location on the waterfront. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time was the charmMikeinMDDined on 9/21/2014This was our second visit to Fiola Mare from our home down in So. MD (we had Sunday brunch both times). The first time was just after the restaurant opened last Spring. The food and service were outstanding (both times). They must be "stalking" me because the host welcomed us back (and mentioned the date of our last visit) and we had the same waiter as last time (and Anton remembered what my wife and I ordered last Spring!). We brought two friends this time and sat at a window seat. The noise of the jets, helicopters, and river boats was a bit of a distraction for me personally, and the sun a bit warm. We sat at a table well inside on our last visit, and will do so again on our next visit...which we definitely intend to make.Special Features:
- FabulousEntertainsVisitorsVIPDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the view is amazing, the service was great. AND the food was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/18/2014Our food was superb, service was perfect, I highly recommend the restaurant to anyone who wants an exceptional seafood dining experience!Special Features:
- Excellent but PriceyBettinaVIPDined on 9/17/2014I think the restaurant is excellent overall, but a little to pricey. Three of us had a birthday delicious lunch. They split our 1 order of cavatelli onto 3 plates to start. For desert they brought their signature chocolate cake with with gold leaf and a candle for the birthday boy. My only complaint was I ordered a glass of rose (their only rose listed), priced at $14.00/glass. The waiter then asked me if I wanted it sparkling or flat. I said "oh, you have a sparkling one??" He said yes. I agreed, but when he passed the table, I asked if the sparkling was more expensive. He then brought the menu and it was $4.00 per glass more expensive. I didn't appreciate it. It felt like up-selling and their prices are already very high.Special Features:
- Very RomanticDiningSPECTATORDined on 9/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday evening. We had a wonderful seat! Our server was excellent. The ambiance is very romantic. It was perfect! The branzino was quite tasty and is enough for two. Compliments to the chef and staff! The hostess however should learn sometimes saying less is more. She commented "I like your earrings were they a gift?" I responded, "No, I bought them myself actually". A simple I like your earrings would've sufficed. Otherwise, our evening was decadent and very special. Anyone looking for a romantic restaraunt, THIS IS THE ONE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SMMR9Dined on 9/16/2014I went with work colleagues and we had an amazing lunch. Tried the three course healthier offering. It was a real fantastic. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- a gem on the riverOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/16/2014Finally, a top notch restaurant on the Potomac River. We have been waiting for a long time to have a restaurant that wasn't built and taken over by tourists! Foods great, views to die for and outstanding service! Another hit!Special Features:
- MaryDined on 9/14/2014after two fabulous visits, has become one of our most favorite everything from the cocktails to cappuchino were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experience to repeatbarbaramDined on 9/13/2014A wonderful evening. We arrived early and were set in rocking chair on the front porch with a drink in our hands and watching the Georgetown waterfront crowds. We split the salad, two entree's and a dessert. The restaurant served them split into two dishes and served the main dishes as two separate courses. The food and table was beautifully presented. Definitely a special occasion restaurant and not an 'every Saturday night' locale but well worth it.Special Features:
- An enjoyable eveninglegalfoodieDined on 9/13/2014It took weeks to get a reservation for the Saturday night time we wanted, but worth it. The entire wait staff works as a team. Our waiter was extremely helpful. When I asked about the tuna carpaccio appetizer, he said that it was one of his favorites. It was delicious! We had narrowed down our main courses and asked for his recommendation. He recommended the lobster ravioli, which has full lobster meat in four large ravioli and added lobster on top. He said the lobster meat equaled a pound. We each ordered one and were thrilled. It was excellent and filling. Before the courses, we were given complimentary gaspachos. We split a sorbet/gelato for dessert (coconut/pistachio/raspberry). Delicious. The restaurant is a bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- wonderful eveningedieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We loved everything about our evening at Flora Mare, from our great waiter (Josuah ) to the terrific table outside with a view of the water to the incredible food, exquisitely prepared and tasting out of this world. We came away feeling that we had had a very very special evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014Overpriced! Plus, had to send both entrees back. Staff was gracious about it and tried hard to make it up. However, they should do it right the first time.Special Features:
- Oh the Pain of another subpar FiolaGWR1VIPDined on 9/12/2014I rated Fiola as overall very good, but lacking in value for money. Fiola Mare is less successful in impressing me. We visited on a Friday night at 7.30 before reservations for a 10pm show at Blues Alley. Enough time? Barely. We found the service exceedingly slow. The food was good, but unremarkable relative to the price. A cavatelli pasta at $22 was good, but not memorable. Equally the turbot at $44 was not noteworthy. But the biggest disappointment was the sommelier - the most sinister and unhelpful we have experienced in DC. To the credit of the restaurant, the view from patio tables in the evening is indeed remarkable, and if you are willing to overlook the lack of value for money and faux pas, it is a very nice evening out.Special Features:
- Fiola Mare - 12Sep2015ExperienceTheFoodDined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent, however, it is not at all affordable, even at the top most end of the scale, for the Friday & Saturday night out dining budget of your average person. That said, if you are looking for the quintessential fine dining experience and have an extra $250 plus to spend on a lovely dinner for two, than I would highly recommend. The restaurant space and ambiance itself is quite outstanding situated just alongside the Potomac at Washington Harbour in Georgetown. The lobster ravioli – my favorite – is simple yet oh so satisfying served with a few lumps of lobster nestled in among the ravioli with an incredible sauce. For that special occasion, this is a perfect choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potomac glamorBebeDined on 9/12/2014Perfect place to eat great food and watch the River. Only quibble - most expensive wines by the glass I have ever encountered. BeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Meal EverHayMazzDined on 9/12/2014I came here to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. The restaurant is GORGEOUS and the view is even better. We sat outside, had terrific service from the server and also the Sommelier, Will. The wine list is extensive and Will helped us a pick a bottle to our liking. We each ordered some antipasti and pasta dishes. Everyone was extremely happy with their meal. My family is Italian and my mom kept saying her dish reminded her of her mother in law's cooking back in Italy. I recommend getting the Spaghetti with Prawns or the Tagliatelle with Wild Calamari. A meal to be remembered and I will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, but....StarnoodleVIPDined on 9/11/2014It is located right by the Potomac River, and the atmosphere is gorgeous. I have dined there four times so far for lunch and dinner. I must say that these four meals were all too salty. They use great seafood. The freshness is guaranteed. Why do they put so much salt on them? The services were fine, except, the attention of the waiters is hard to get even they seem to be very nice in gesture. Other crew members (busboys and water servers) are very attentive. It is an expensive dining experience there. We would except a perfect meal and services. Unfortunately, it is not quite there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only food matched serviceJourneyNeverEndsDined on 9/10/2014Went with high hopes which were dashed with the appetizer. Tuna wasn't bad, but I expected TERRIFIC. And less could be more. Every dish that every person had was so busy you missed the fish...that may be by design to cover mediocre food but at these prices each dish should sparkle. I'd put the quality of fish on par with an upscale chain. The service is excellent -- as good as any I've had anywhere -- and it would be nice to have food that match the caliber of the waitstaff.Special Features:
- Over reaches, expensiveAnonyDined on 9/9/2014Seafood cuisine that tries so hard to be inventive that it sacrifices taste. But the atmosphere is great, the service was good, and the wine by the list is decent so might be worth a visit before you go someplace elseSpecial Features:
- GloriaDined on 9/9/2014Great service. Fabulous food. A little hard to find but totally worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fridayniteVIPDined on 9/8/2014Better than we expected- great food- great ambiance and excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Puzzling ExperienceCharlotteDined on 9/7/2014Fiola Mare has yet to decide if they are a fine or casual dinning experience - offering some of the best and worst of both. We came on Sunday night for a birthday - the restaurant was about half full. It was 45 minutes after our 7:30 pm seating that our drinks arrived (the waiter spilled one of them on our daughter) and an hour when we ordered dinner. The waiter answered my husband's request for an oaky chardonnay with a recommendation which was not at all oaky. He refused the bottle. The sommelier Will saved the day with an oaky wine that was delicious. Artic Char was the best dish with the others less wonderful b/c of too many flavors or too much sauce. We loved the special touches but 3 hours for a Sunday dinner is too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.