76 Wharf St
Salem, MA 01970Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hipfinz.com/
- Phone: 9787448485x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Serie Keezer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the active Salem waterfront, our 2nd floor function room offers 1,400 square feet of flexible space perfect for any formal or informal social occasion or business event. 6ft windows overlook the Pickering Wharf Marina, and the Pickering Wharf Merchants Row provide beautiful natural lighting to compliment our lofted ceilings, natural hewn beams, and warm beige tones. While the room is beautiful on its own, there is plenty of opportunity to express your own creative style and our experienced event staff is available to assist you with your planning and vision. The function room is handicapped accessible and offers private restrooms and bar. Seating for 30 -110 and cocktail reception style for 125.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Dorman 9787448485x19
- Cross Street: new derby
- Public Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking lot located on Congress St.
A word from Finz Salem
Innovative and inspired menus, a raw bar serving fresh seasonal oysters, our carefully chosen wine list all lead to an extraordinary dining experience. The menu at FINZ emphasizes seasonal, fresh seafood creative preparations. Our raw bar serves the freshest local oysters, clams, Chilled lobster, Colossal Crab and shrimp and is available until closing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Finz Salem - Best Restaurants in Salem, MA ›
Finz Salem reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (132)scenic view (130)good for groups (63)special occasion (62)great for lunch (54)fit for foodies (53)vibrant bar scene (52)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (45)hot spot (36)kid-friendly (30)great for brunch (18)late-night find (11)notable wine list (9)Show More
- Unforgettable foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Parking is a pain and the place was loud, but service superb and the food (3# stuffed lobster) was perfect. Our waitress was as nice as could be and we had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great dinnerEhandsDined on 9/13/2014Finz never disappoints - great menu, fantastic seafood. Anything you order you can be sure it will be delicious. Try the black mule drink, it's a sweet twist on a Moscow mule, served in a copper cup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another excellent meal at FINZirish35Dined on 9/13/2014As usual, the food was absolutely incredible. I don't mind traveling 45 minutes from haverhill to Salem for this excellent meal. Finz is now our #1 favorite spot for seafood.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We literally enjoyed everything from the goat cheese appetizer to the salad and entree. Everything was delicious, food came out hot and we never felt rushed...but we also didn't need to wait long. Making a reservation on OpenTable was simple! When we walked in our table was ready!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014We were at this location of Finz, while our son was at a local event. Love, the area, where you can walk around afterwards. They sat us right away, in a table with a view. menu looked good. we each had a salad, then fish, of course. good size portions. the waitress was personable, and just attentive enough. food was served, not rushed, but just the right timeframe. we enjoyed our meal, and if in the area, would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious. Ordered the shrimp picatta and my girlfriend ordered the tuna. Service could have been a bit more friendly, but overall I would come back again.Special Features:
- A favorite spotJSilvaDined on 9/3/2014Great food, drink and service. Enjoyed my favorite deconstructed sushi dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 8/29/2014service and food was great. server was very knowledgeable and offered fantastic recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!SalemLocalDined on 8/29/2014Nice and clean, good service, decent selection. The shrimp enchiladas were amazing! My daughter got the lobster mac & cheese, with the lobster on the side, really good! The fried oysters were delicious too. Good raw bar. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!SeafoodJunkieDined on 8/29/2014I'm from Maryland, but I visit Finz every time I come to Boston. Amazing food and a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great SeafoodEastcoastvisitorDined on 8/27/2014We come to Finz quite a bit when we're in the mood for great seafood. We almost always get the fish tacos or the black and white sesame tuna, both of which are consistently terrific. The menu has a ton a variety, and there are many classic local favorites as well as more unique choices. Finz is a great family restaurant (not necessarily for young kids), can accommodate large groups, has a large bar and bar seating and a fairly substantial covered outdoor dining space. The dining room is nicely done, albeit a bit boring. Given that it's large and open, it can get a bit loud depending on the time when you are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KayceeDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyable lunch with a scenic view after visit to PEM. Meal was very good, a pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor seatingBeachwalkerVIPDined on 8/24/2014Loved sitting outside looking at boas on a warm summer evening. Food, in particular, my grilled salmon, was okay. Just not great.My house salad was nothing to rave about. My husband's paella was delicious as were the fish taco's The cod seemed a bit too soupy. I just expected a bit more . Wouldn't go back to eat inside.Special Features:
- Slight problem handled wellmarbleharborDined on 8/24/2014My dinner selection was not served as described on the menu. When I mentioned this to the waiter,he immediately apologized and took it back to the kitchen. Another waiter returned with it, modified as much as it could be, and he also apologized and said that the meal would be comped. All in all, the food was very good, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caggyDined on 8/23/2014We had a reunion at lunch time and although the restaurant was very busy, we were never rushed. Our server was attentive and friendly. He made the experience a very pleasant one.Special Features:
- Just okEhhhDined on 8/22/2014I expected more. Seemed like our server just didn't care. Never checked back. Not sincere. We were done with apps before we got our drinks, not even water on table. She had 5-6 tables that I could see and she was chatting with her coworkers more than her guests. Not in any rush to return. Food for the most part was ok, chowder was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out2dinnerou2dinnerVIPDined on 8/22/2014We arrived early for our reservation and were seated promptly. Our waitress Francesca was helpful and efficient.The food was tasty and piping hot. Good food and service, we will return.Special Features:
- Waterfront Dining at FinzKathyDined on 8/21/2014I was pleasantly surprised to get 7PM reservations on a summer Thursday evening. I was seated immediately. It seemed to be mostly a tourist crowd judging from the conversations around me. The Baked Haddock was delicious as was the Champagne Cosmo. Server was attentive. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Nice place on the waterfrontOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2014This place might be the busiest place in Salem - we were happy that we had a reservation and got a lovely table outside on the waterfront. A small harbor with boats going in and out - the waitress was very busy but pleasant and we enjoyed the lobster roll and salads. Noisy but nice.
- Lobstah123Dined on 8/20/2014Overall nice, however my Fiance's food came out wrong bc they didnt have linguini but offered to take 3.00 off his meal....um, no he ordered something completely different instead. Just strange the manager would say that if they were the ones who messed up and didnt communicate with one another.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!QueenMabDined on 8/20/2014Food and service is OUTRAGEOUS! I will go again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner after golf with the girls.DenDinesDined on 8/18/2014After we play golf, we get together for a nice dinner. We liked it so much the first time, we went back for a second. Usually we get seafood and have a glass of wine. Noise level is low. Food is good. Service great. Would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finz is a gem!!!BrooklynDebDined on 8/16/2014A dear friend recommended Finz for my husband's birthday celebration, and we were wowed! Brian, Finz's manager, graciously changed our reservation time, our waitperson was warm and attentive, and the sumptuous appetizers and entrees were a feast for the eyes and the palate! Our sea scallops with gnocchi and fisherman's stew were loaded with flavor, and the portions were generous. Finz loves creating and serving delicious food and loves its customers. We love this restaurant, and plan to dine here whenever we visit Woburn and Boston.Special Features:
- lovely eveningThunderDined on 8/16/2014Seated in keeping with our reservation, outside as requested with a wonderful waitress who was attentive but not overbearing. She did not RUSH us despite being seated at a desireable table. Food as always was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kat S. MarbleheadKatMHDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I have been to Finz several times for lunch and dinner in the passed few months. Our entire dinning experience has been outstanding EVERY TIME!! This is the restaurant you will want to bring you're out of town company to totally impress them! P.S. Congrats to you George,on your recent purchase!!Special Features:
- mary1102Dined on 8/16/2014Restaurant was great! Great Service and Great View! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a pleasure!tvmannVIPDined on 8/15/2014Thank you for a wonderful evening! everything is always great there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerKailaDined on 8/15/2014Great staff, nice surroundings, I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteSongbirdDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyed an outside table overlooking the harbor. Great service and good seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiappointedjonlorDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had heard a lot about Finz. We ate outdoors which was very nice. Out Severer was excellent and received a good tip. I had a Gin and Tonic and the Tonic had a funny bite to it. (I actually ordered a second one thinking that maybe was me, but the second drink was the same.) I had the Grilled Trout which was a Special and it was terribly dried out. My wife had a Dish with rice and Seafood. She said that the Seafood was good., but the rice was Mushy. We were expecting better and probably won't be backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014good food , great waitress. Air conditioning too cool.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great dinner and venue for our friends who took the train into Salem from Rockport. We all had a great time. We choose to eat outdoors so it was a little noisy because of ALS event in parking lot next door at Waterfront Suites. But not bad!Special Features:
- Try the blue crab sandwich!time2eatDined on 8/8/2014Went for lunch with a group of 6. We arrived early and were seated immediately. We chose to sit outside which was very nice and our waitress was excellent. Three people in our party chose the blue crab sandwich and they all said it was excellent. The lobster roll was ok as were the seared scallops. This restaurant is in a lovely area where you can take a stroll after your meal and checkout the beautiful harbor. If you're going for lunch I would recommend going a little early. Salem does have a lot of tourist traffic but since we arrived before noon parking was easy by the time we left a few hours later there was not a space to be found.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- on the watercrazyladyDined on 8/7/2014Gem right on the water! Sat outside on beautiful evening watching boats go by. Raw bar was delicious. The two fish dishes we ordered were prepared perfectly. Too stuffed for dessert! Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fondoffood14Dined on 8/7/2014Overall, a good meal. Lobster pie was excellent as was the stuffed lobster but both were pricey. Fried shrimp was average. Excellent service. The bar was loud.Special Features:
- Beautiful Night at FinzRadmooVIPDined on 8/5/2014Hubby wished to dine out but I said only if outdoors with a view. We headed to Finz and it did not disappoint. Excellent selection of craft brews on tap, reasonably priced. We shared steamers which were perfectly prepared, succulent and not sandy as well as paella. And we were able to score an outside table on the deck overlooking the boats. Our server was lovely as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finz SalemShantiDeeDined on 8/3/2014We totally enjoyed our dinner at Finz in Salem, MA. Food was perfect -- interesting menu with something for everyone. Food was delivered hot and beautifully plated. Our only glitch was with "Open Table." We made the reservation online but when I called the day before to confirm (directly with the restaurant)_ they did not have our reservation! Lucky that I telephoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finz - not on a Saturday nightMerry7Dined on 8/2/2014Have been to Finz many times. Saturday nights are a big mistake. Had friends in from Italy. Everyone's food was dry and overlooked - fish, vegtables, "roasted potatoes." Service was rushed and not knowledgable. No offer to fix things. Did not stay for dessert. On the plus side, no place better for raw bar. Will return, but never on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We love Finz... planned to come with another couple but they had to cancel so since our 20 year old daughter was home for the weekend, we kept the reservation and brought her instead. We loved it (as usual) and she thought it was a great place to come with her friends. She had never been. The nautical feel of the place and casual environment makes it so inviting. Great if you were out and about exploring Salem for the day. Food is excellent. Service is great. My daughter loved the look and feel and absolutely loved the food (and dessert). We will be back (soon)!Special Features:
- Great!JB427Dined on 8/2/2014Ate here for the second time. Meal was cooked well and very tasty. Our server Chris was attentive enthusiastic and polite. Would absolutely recommend eating here. We were even able to make our reservation online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.