76 Wharf St
Salem, MA 01970Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hipfinz.com/
- Phone: 9787448485x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Serie Keezer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the active Salem waterfront, our 2nd floor function room offers 1,400 square feet of flexible space perfect for any formal or informal social occasion or business event. 6ft windows overlook the Pickering Wharf Marina, and the Pickering Wharf Merchants Row provide beautiful natural lighting to compliment our lofted ceilings, natural hewn beams, and warm beige tones. While the room is beautiful on its own, there is plenty of opportunity to express your own creative style and our experienced event staff is available to assist you with your planning and vision. The function room is handicapped accessible and offers private restrooms and bar. Seating for 30 -110 and cocktail reception style for 125.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Dorman 9787448485x19
- Cross Street: new derby
- Public Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking lot located on Congress St.
A word from Finz Salem
Innovative and inspired menus, a raw bar serving fresh seasonal oysters, our carefully chosen wine list all lead to an extraordinary dining experience. The menu at FINZ emphasizes seasonal, fresh seafood creative preparations. Our raw bar serves the freshest local oysters, clams, Chilled lobster, Colossal Crab and shrimp and is available until closing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Finz Salem - Best Restaurants in Salem, MA ›
Finz Salem reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (126)scenic view (117)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (58)special occasion (57)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (45)romantic (42)hot spot (34)kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (20)late-night find (13)notable wine list (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I came for the seafood but ended up ordering the filet mignon. It was outstanding and probably one of the best, if not the best, steaks I have ever ordered. I ordered the filet well done and it was still moist and tender. My husband ordered the salmon and it was outstanding as well. Just melted in the mouth. Would definitely recommend Finz.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014restaurant was extremely crowded. The food was overpriced, and average. Service wa good.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Lovely marina for outdoor dining. Fish was terrific. All the Halloween revelers were fun to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Salem SpotCinCinVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great ambiance on the outdoor deck...just right for a fall lunch on the water's edge. Super salads, swordfish, and wood-fire grilled scallops. The calamari wasn't quite as crispy as it should have been, but it was still tasty and tender. Our waitress was sweet and smiled throughout out visit, so Salem, just before Halloween, ended up being bewitching!Special Features:
- We never got seatedAnonymousVIPDined on 10/12/2014Arrived very early and asked to be seated. They said it would be a very short wait and we took bar seats and had a pager. Our actual res time came and went, and we never got seated. By then, we'd opted for better food; 62 Wharf was about to open and we had a fantastic meal there. Bar staff were actually very lovely. Maybe next time we can eat there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood, Moderately PricedChrisjkopDined on 10/11/2014Great Seafood, Moderately Priced. We had reservations at 8pm, arrived promptly and was seated immediately for six.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal!KimMDined on 10/11/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed a fabulous meal at Finz. We started with the fried oysters. Wished we could have fit a second order in our bellies. They were lightly fried to perfection and we loved the spicy mayo sauce that came with it! For our meals she had the paella and I had the clams linguine. Both were cooked perfectly. The flavor of the paella was incredible! It was a busy place, including the bar. If you're going on a weekend night (especially in October), reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Our group had an enjoyable dining experience. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. Service was exceptional and friendly. Finnz was highly recommended by friends and we were not disappointed. Thank you for helping make our evening a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Must Visit RestaurantUpstateGalDined on 10/11/2014As an annual visitor of many years to Salem, Finz has become the one restaurant we simply must dine at when in the city. The fried oysters are the best! We ordered several starters - the Mediterranean Hummus Plate, the baked goat cheese and, of course, the fried oysters. Each was fresh, delicious and abundant. The pan seared scallops over a farm salad provided perfectly seasoned & cooked scallops over fresh greens and goat cheese. Simply perfect for my late lunch/early dinner. Our waiter was friendly, prompt and very attentive. Once again I enjoyed the Old Fashioned seasonal cocktail - even more delicious than it was last year! Others in my group raved about their lobster mac and cheese. We can't wait to return to Finz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food & View!CBairDined on 10/10/2014Salem is a must for me every October for Halloween & so is Finz! The food is fresh & flavorful. The portions are more than enough for any appetite size. Wonderful view of the water and excellent food make this a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014I absolutely loved dining here! The food was delicious and oysters fresh. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YuckOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/4/2014Service was horrible and food wasn't much better. We ate here on Saturday and waitress only came to table to take drink order and food order. While the shrimp and calamari were very good the main dishes were not. I would not recommend this restaurant nor will be visiting again..Special Features:
- LuckyUsLuckyUsDined on 10/3/2014Nice view. Excellent service. Bar was hopping! Our table had a view over the water. Bar staff are engaging, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- good food well servedRpchirlinVIPDined on 10/3/2014A very nice menu, great service, nice setting but one problem is parking in Salem in October is a problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterKateDined on 10/2/2014I think the restaurant markets itself for foodies, but I don't really agree. The table setting was basic as was the ambiance. We started with oysters which were very fresh and tasty. The steamed lobster was also very good, but it was served on top of a salad that became drowned in water. If you're looking for no-frills shellfish (which I was), you probably won't be disappointed, but don't expect sophisticated preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finz for Great Food and needsJoeBostonDined on 9/30/2014Finz is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is excellent, great variety, very consistent in quality and taste, and never has disappointed us. One thing new to us is a need for a Gluten free menu and Finz has an awesome two page menu. We have never seen any other restaurant cater to these special needs before. We just went for a birthday and I requested, via the notes in Open Table, for a special Gluten and Sugar free desert for by special lady. The chef was very accommodating and did create a unique desert that she could eat. The service is also excellent. I highly recommend Finz to anyone and for any food preference.Special Features:
- Great Dinner Date Night!GreatDateDinnerDined on 9/28/2014We had a great night at FINZ, it was my FIRST CHOICE for my first night in Salem. We were only there 2 nights, I've been to FINZ in the past, and wanted to make sure I would have the opportunity for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistentlizpostDined on 9/27/2014Food is consistent.. sometimes the table selection could be better but you get what you get.Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningSteveDined on 9/27/2014Great place to eat outside and enjoy a water view.Special Features:
- An excellent mealfinegaelDined on 9/26/2014I'm always pleased to find a restaurant that serves wine in half bottles, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that Finz did. That was just the beginning of a very pleasant meal. I had the gnocchi and scallops which were excellent, hubby had the cod which he also said was excellent. The portion sizes were just the right amount. Nothing to dislike here. We had made reservations, and upon arrival to the restaurant was seated promptly. That too is a plus!Special Features:
- Great meallilyQDined on 9/24/2014We had a great meal outside. Watched the boats and birds in the marina parked below outside deck. Beautiful sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lobster Rolls!BarbDined on 9/23/2014We really enjoyed lunch on the outside deck overlooking the marina. It wasn't crowded when we arrived, and our server was great. She gave us recommendations, and the oysters on the half she'll she suggested were plump and delicious. The lobster rolls were fantastic. We both had a great time and would definitely suggest Finz to others.Special Features:
- ctm47Dined on 9/20/2014I like this spot, nice night, parked in the garage across the street .75 cents.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 9/19/2014Finz is a great spot if you are looking for great seafood and a beautiful view. It is in a bustling area with lots of shops and close to all the attractions in Salem. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Unforgettable foodCowboydocDined on 9/16/2014Parking is a pain and the place was loud, but service superb and the food (3# stuffed lobster) was perfect. Our waitress was as nice as could be and we had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great dinnerEhandsDined on 9/13/2014Finz never disappoints - great menu, fantastic seafood. Anything you order you can be sure it will be delicious. Try the black mule drink, it's a sweet twist on a Moscow mule, served in a copper cup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another excellent meal at FINZirish35Dined on 9/13/2014As usual, the food was absolutely incredible. I don't mind traveling 45 minutes from haverhill to Salem for this excellent meal. Finz is now our #1 favorite spot for seafood.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We literally enjoyed everything from the goat cheese appetizer to the salad and entree. Everything was delicious, food came out hot and we never felt rushed...but we also didn't need to wait long. Making a reservation on OpenTable was simple! When we walked in our table was ready!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014We were at this location of Finz, while our son was at a local event. Love, the area, where you can walk around afterwards. They sat us right away, in a table with a view. menu looked good. we each had a salad, then fish, of course. good size portions. the waitress was personable, and just attentive enough. food was served, not rushed, but just the right timeframe. we enjoyed our meal, and if in the area, would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious. Ordered the shrimp picatta and my girlfriend ordered the tuna. Service could have been a bit more friendly, but overall I would come back again.Special Features:
- A favorite spotJSilvaDined on 9/3/2014Great food, drink and service. Enjoyed my favorite deconstructed sushi dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 8/29/2014service and food was great. server was very knowledgeable and offered fantastic recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!SalemLocalDined on 8/29/2014Nice and clean, good service, decent selection. The shrimp enchiladas were amazing! My daughter got the lobster mac & cheese, with the lobster on the side, really good! The fried oysters were delicious too. Good raw bar. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!SeafoodJunkieDined on 8/29/2014I'm from Maryland, but I visit Finz every time I come to Boston. Amazing food and a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great SeafoodEastcoastvisitorDined on 8/27/2014We come to Finz quite a bit when we're in the mood for great seafood. We almost always get the fish tacos or the black and white sesame tuna, both of which are consistently terrific. The menu has a ton a variety, and there are many classic local favorites as well as more unique choices. Finz is a great family restaurant (not necessarily for young kids), can accommodate large groups, has a large bar and bar seating and a fairly substantial covered outdoor dining space. The dining room is nicely done, albeit a bit boring. Given that it's large and open, it can get a bit loud depending on the time when you are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KayceeDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyable lunch with a scenic view after visit to PEM. Meal was very good, a pleasant experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful outdoor seatingBeachwalkerVIPDined on 8/24/2014Loved sitting outside looking at boas on a warm summer evening. Food, in particular, my grilled salmon, was okay. Just not great.My house salad was nothing to rave about. My husband's paella was delicious as were the fish taco's The cod seemed a bit too soupy. I just expected a bit more . Wouldn't go back to eat inside.Special Features:
- Slight problem handled wellmarbleharborDined on 8/24/2014My dinner selection was not served as described on the menu. When I mentioned this to the waiter,he immediately apologized and took it back to the kitchen. Another waiter returned with it, modified as much as it could be, and he also apologized and said that the meal would be comped. All in all, the food was very good, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caggyDined on 8/23/2014We had a reunion at lunch time and although the restaurant was very busy, we were never rushed. Our server was attentive and friendly. He made the experience a very pleasant one.Special Features:
- Just okEhhhDined on 8/22/2014I expected more. Seemed like our server just didn't care. Never checked back. Not sincere. We were done with apps before we got our drinks, not even water on table. She had 5-6 tables that I could see and she was chatting with her coworkers more than her guests. Not in any rush to return. Food for the most part was ok, chowder was bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.