76 Wharf St
Salem, MA 01970Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hipfinz.com/
- Phone: (978) 744-8485
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Serie Keezer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Overlooking the active Salem waterfront, our 2nd floor function room offers 1,400 square feet of flexible space perfect for any formal or informal social occasion or business event. 6ft windows overlook the Pickering Wharf Marina, and the Pickering Wharf Merchants Row provide beautiful natural lighting to compliment our lofted ceilings, natural hewn beams, and warm beige tones. While the room is beautiful on its own, there is plenty of opportunity to express your own creative style and our experienced event staff is available to assist you with your planning and vision. The function room is handicapped accessible and offers private restrooms and bar. Seating for 30 -110 and cocktail reception style for 125.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Dorman 9787448485x19
- Cross Street: new derby
- Public Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking lot located on Congress St.
A word from Finz Salem
Innovative and inspired menus, a raw bar serving fresh seasonal oysters, our carefully chosen wine list all lead to an extraordinary dining experience. The menu at FINZ emphasizes seasonal, fresh seafood creative preparations. Our raw bar serves the freshest local oysters, clams, Chilled lobster, Colossal Crab and shrimp and is available until closing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Finz Salem - Best Restaurants in Salem, MA ›
Finz Salem reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (98)scenic view (94)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (53)special occasion (49)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (38)romantic (37)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (16)late-night find (13)notable wine list (5)Show More
- MissMarieDined on 11/10/2014My boyfriend and I dined here because it was one of the restaurants participating in restaurant week in Salem, it was my first time at Finz but he had come a few times before. He ordered from the restaurant week menu and I ordered from the regular menu but we were both very impressed and thrilled with our meals! Our server was great, he really knew the menu and always seemed enthusiastic to be working! We will definitely be back in the spring/summer when it gets warm out so we can enjoy the outdoor seating on the water!Special Features:
- O.K.DisappointedDined on 11/10/2014It was O.K. but not all that it was built up to be. The food was good, not spectacular. Our Waitress was very good. But it was very loud.
- Best restaurant in SalemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014I have been going here for over 10 years and not once have I had a bad experience. The staff are always great and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2014very good menu selection; food presentation ( lobster & tuna dinner ) beautiful presentation. Quality very good, service very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful surprise !RobertDined on 11/1/2014I made reservations using Open Table a couple of weeks early. When I and my group arrived they could not find my reservation. The problem turned out to be a spelling error of my name by the restaurant. However, the restaurant was wonderful and gave us a table for 4 overlooking the water and appoligized for there error. I cant say enough about there service. food and treatment. This is an excellant restaurant and I cant say enough good things about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was wonderful and the service was as well even though it was a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween Special DinnerBeckettmomDined on 10/31/2014Despite the crowd, the restaurant was efficient and the food was amazing. The favorite dish was the swordfish, with the paella and lobster ravioli tied for second place. The pumpkin guacamole with cinnamon flavored chips was yummy! We were too full for dessert! The waitstaff were dressed for the festivities. It was wonderful!Special Features:
- AMAZING FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014My haddock with crab mashed potatoes, shaved brussels sprouts with caramelized onions, parmesan cheese, bacon butter and sweet potato hay was the best dish I have ever been served in a restaurant. Beautiful presentation, too. Bonus points for the kitchen's willingness to sub in haddock for swordfish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food + service+ view= FABULOUSHBfoodiesVIPDined on 10/26/2014We come from California every year to experience Salem during the October Season and every year we make reservations at Finz and are always delighted with the fresh Seafood, great employees and New England harbor view. This is a restaurant to make sure you try when in Salem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween VisitSantaDined on 10/25/2014We go to Salem every year and we always have dinner at Finz. The service and food were great! No compliants here! Can't wait to go again. Will be going for the Seafood Paella....looked fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anyone with an allergy bewareYummymummyDined on 10/20/2014I was really excited to eat here - but sadly they really could not accommodate my allergy to shrimp. I had a chicken sandwich and I still had an allergic reaction. And there was very little on the menu I could eat. I will never eat here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I came for the seafood but ended up ordering the filet mignon. It was outstanding and probably one of the best, if not the best, steaks I have ever ordered. I ordered the filet well done and it was still moist and tender. My husband ordered the salmon and it was outstanding as well. Just melted in the mouth. Would definitely recommend Finz.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014restaurant was extremely crowded. The food was overpriced, and average. Service wa good.Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining.BeverlyDined on 10/17/2014Lovely marina for outdoor dining. Fish was terrific. All the Halloween revelers were fun to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet Salem SpotCinCinVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great ambiance on the outdoor deck...just right for a fall lunch on the water's edge. Super salads, swordfish, and wood-fire grilled scallops. The calamari wasn't quite as crispy as it should have been, but it was still tasty and tender. Our waitress was sweet and smiled throughout out visit, so Salem, just before Halloween, ended up being bewitching!Special Features:
- HankDined on 10/16/2014Finz is open late for dinner, which made it ideal for us as we needed to find a seafood restaurant that served after 9 pm on a week night. The staff is friendly and the restaurant clean and quiet. The food was good although I would have preferred a little less more nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We never got seatedAnonymousVIPDined on 10/12/2014Arrived very early and asked to be seated. They said it would be a very short wait and we took bar seats and had a pager. Our actual res time came and went, and we never got seated. By then, we'd opted for better food; 62 Wharf was about to open and we had a fantastic meal there. Bar staff were actually very lovely. Maybe next time we can eat there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood, Moderately PricedChrisjkopDined on 10/11/2014Great Seafood, Moderately Priced. We had reservations at 8pm, arrived promptly and was seated immediately for six.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal!KimMDined on 10/11/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed a fabulous meal at Finz. We started with the fried oysters. Wished we could have fit a second order in our bellies. They were lightly fried to perfection and we loved the spicy mayo sauce that came with it! For our meals she had the paella and I had the clams linguine. Both were cooked perfectly. The flavor of the paella was incredible! It was a busy place, including the bar. If you're going on a weekend night (especially in October), reservations are a must.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Our group had an enjoyable dining experience. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. Service was exceptional and friendly. Finnz was highly recommended by friends and we were not disappointed. Thank you for helping make our evening a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Must Visit RestaurantUpstateGalDined on 10/11/2014As an annual visitor of many years to Salem, Finz has become the one restaurant we simply must dine at when in the city. The fried oysters are the best! We ordered several starters - the Mediterranean Hummus Plate, the baked goat cheese and, of course, the fried oysters. Each was fresh, delicious and abundant. The pan seared scallops over a farm salad provided perfectly seasoned & cooked scallops over fresh greens and goat cheese. Simply perfect for my late lunch/early dinner. Our waiter was friendly, prompt and very attentive. Once again I enjoyed the Old Fashioned seasonal cocktail - even more delicious than it was last year! Others in my group raved about their lobster mac and cheese. We can't wait to return to Finz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food & View!CBairDined on 10/10/2014Salem is a must for me every October for Halloween & so is Finz! The food is fresh & flavorful. The portions are more than enough for any appetite size. Wonderful view of the water and excellent food make this a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014I absolutely loved dining here! The food was delicious and oysters fresh. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YuckOuttodineVIPDined on 10/4/2014Service was horrible and food wasn't much better. We ate here on Saturday and waitress only came to table to take drink order and food order. While the shrimp and calamari were very good the main dishes were not. I would not recommend this restaurant nor will be visiting again..Special Features:
- LuckyUsLuckyUsDined on 10/3/2014Nice view. Excellent service. Bar was hopping! Our table had a view over the water. Bar staff are engaging, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- good food well servedRpchirlinVIPDined on 10/3/2014A very nice menu, great service, nice setting but one problem is parking in Salem in October is a problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobsterKateDined on 10/2/2014I think the restaurant markets itself for foodies, but I don't really agree. The table setting was basic as was the ambiance. We started with oysters which were very fresh and tasty. The steamed lobster was also very good, but it was served on top of a salad that became drowned in water. If you're looking for no-frills shellfish (which I was), you probably won't be disappointed, but don't expect sophisticated preparations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finz for Great Food and needsJoeBostonDined on 9/30/2014Finz is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is excellent, great variety, very consistent in quality and taste, and never has disappointed us. One thing new to us is a need for a Gluten free menu and Finz has an awesome two page menu. We have never seen any other restaurant cater to these special needs before. We just went for a birthday and I requested, via the notes in Open Table, for a special Gluten and Sugar free desert for by special lady. The chef was very accommodating and did create a unique desert that she could eat. The service is also excellent. I highly recommend Finz to anyone and for any food preference.Special Features:
- Great Dinner Date Night!GreatDateDinnerDined on 9/28/2014We had a great night at FINZ, it was my FIRST CHOICE for my first night in Salem. We were only there 2 nights, I've been to FINZ in the past, and wanted to make sure I would have the opportunity for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is consistentlizpostDined on 9/27/2014Food is consistent.. sometimes the table selection could be better but you get what you get.Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningSteveDined on 9/27/2014Great place to eat outside and enjoy a water view.Special Features:
- An excellent mealfinegaelDined on 9/26/2014I'm always pleased to find a restaurant that serves wine in half bottles, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that Finz did. That was just the beginning of a very pleasant meal. I had the gnocchi and scallops which were excellent, hubby had the cod which he also said was excellent. The portion sizes were just the right amount. Nothing to dislike here. We had made reservations, and upon arrival to the restaurant was seated promptly. That too is a plus!Special Features:
- Great meallilyQDined on 9/24/2014We had a great meal outside. Watched the boats and birds in the marina parked below outside deck. Beautiful sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lobster Rolls!BarbDined on 9/23/2014We really enjoyed lunch on the outside deck overlooking the marina. It wasn't crowded when we arrived, and our server was great. She gave us recommendations, and the oysters on the half she'll she suggested were plump and delicious. The lobster rolls were fantastic. We both had a great time and would definitely suggest Finz to others.Special Features:
- ctm47Dined on 9/20/2014I like this spot, nice night, parked in the garage across the street .75 cents.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 9/19/2014Finz is a great spot if you are looking for great seafood and a beautiful view. It is in a bustling area with lots of shops and close to all the attractions in Salem. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Unforgettable foodCowboydocDined on 9/16/2014Parking is a pain and the place was loud, but service superb and the food (3# stuffed lobster) was perfect. Our waitress was as nice as could be and we had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great dinnerEhandsDined on 9/13/2014Finz never disappoints - great menu, fantastic seafood. Anything you order you can be sure it will be delicious. Try the black mule drink, it's a sweet twist on a Moscow mule, served in a copper cup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another excellent meal at FINZirish35Dined on 9/13/2014As usual, the food was absolutely incredible. I don't mind traveling 45 minutes from haverhill to Salem for this excellent meal. Finz is now our #1 favorite spot for seafood.Special Features:
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We literally enjoyed everything from the goat cheese appetizer to the salad and entree. Everything was delicious, food came out hot and we never felt rushed...but we also didn't need to wait long. Making a reservation on OpenTable was simple! When we walked in our table was ready!Special Features: