Fins Seafood Grill
982 S. Westlake Blvd.
Westlake Village, CA 91361Neighborhood:
Agoura Hills / Westlake Village
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fins Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.finsinc.com/
- Phone: 8054946494
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Moez Megji
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for your special events
A word from Fins Seafood Grill
Fins Seafood Grill...serving Westlake Village for over 20 years. From fresh seafood, fins classics, aged steaks to small plate appetizers, fine cheese, artisinal tap beer and eclectic wine list...Fins is the place to be for dining!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fins Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- s2artrVIPDined on 5/31/2014Extremely noisy restaurant and crowded. The entire shopping center is under extensive construction so it is unattractive at this time. Food and service was OK but many of the menu items were not available since the restaurant was closing. This was their last night of business. We have dined at Fin's many times over the years and have always enjoyed the restaurant. We look forward to their new restaurant at a differrent location.Special Features:
- Bait and SwitchTruthtellersDined on 5/31/2014We had the misfortune of dining at Fins its last night in Westlake Village. They were out of many items (since the day before!) and made no apologies when dishes came minus various ingredients. The bar crowd was so loud we had to shout to be heard. The room was dingy, they were out of many bar items, also. It was a mess. Perhaps they will do better in their new location, but judging by the decision to stay open until just about everything was used up, I'd say that their sense of hospitality and pride of performance does not bode well.Special Features:
- Farewell Fins...HikerValVIPDined on 5/28/2014So sad to see fins closing ...this was the last night the restaurant was open. Will miss grey goose nights with Julia, and the many other friendly faces, and special occasion dinners. Look forward to news of the new restaurant opening end of this summer...Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Fins is a fabulous restaurant. I am not a big seafood fan, and for me to enjoy a seafood place it has to be fresh and prepared really well. Fins does both great! They are moving to a new location about a mile away and a new name- The Gallery. Look it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu changed prices increasedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Business was slow tonight due to the construction. Service was good but very slow. Food was good but prices have increased and now side items are very small portions and cost $6 each. With places like Lure in Westlake where 2 sides come with most dishes and priced less and easier parking you might want to rethink your prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood LoversHdn2Dined on 5/12/2014Apart from the construction going on in the plaza, everything was first class. Appetizer shrimp in jalapeño sauce excellent and my Scottish salmon was cooked perfectly. We dined with 2 friends and we were all impressed with the food and service. Definitely a keeperSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodbye?cheersDined on 5/10/2014Very sad to hear that the best seafood restaurant in the CV is closing. My wife and I have enjoyed many great meals at Fins and this was just another wonderful meal served by a friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly executed foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Brussels sprouts were burned (black) in some spots and very under- seasoned. My wife's grilled halibut was very dry. Her cauliflower was also over done. Beat salad was under seasoned. Service was very good but it doesn't make up for bad food.
- Talk about a BAD DinnerPorscheDined on 5/3/2014To start with the noise in the room was unbearable, you could not hear your own conversation. I order a Kir-Royal but could not get a second one because they where out. We ordered some Steaks but they had NO Peppercorn sauce even though they had it on the Menu. They could NOT come up with a dissent sauce for our Steaks NOT even A1. Service was terrible and I have to say we will never go back. We had to go somewhere ells to have dinner. We would NOT recommend Fins even if you haven't eaten in a week.
- Disappointed With ServiceRobertAbooeyDined on 4/20/2014The food was pretty good although my wife's steak was undercooked and she had to send it back. The service was VERY slow. The waitress was attentive and friendly but it took a very long time to get our food after we ordered -- approximately 45 minutes. Also, I asked the restaurant to deliver a slice of cake for my dad's 88th birthday but we never got it, which was very disappointing. While the food was good, overall I felt like Fin's did not have their act together and we left feeling very disappointed. Not sure if we will give them another chance or not.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner delightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2014We were at table of four for our 30th anniversary celebration. The food and atmosphere was delightful. The dishes were flavorful and cooked to perfection. We couldn't have been more pleased. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience!Dolly71Dined on 4/9/2014The menu provided a lovely selection of various dishes to tantalize any palate. The Chef is a master at his craft, each dish was a wonderful experience unto itself. The service was impeccable, hat's off to our server as she really was the icing on the proverbial cake, taking every bit of care and attention to see that our dining experience was one to remember. Thank You, Fin's ~ you always go above and beyond for your customers. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Everything we ordered was excellently prepared and presented. Would certainly go again.Special Features:
- Miss Fins in CalabasasDoreeVIPDined on 3/31/2014First time at this Fins in Westlake. Easy to miss unless you know the area. Unpretentious interior and a much smaller fish menu than I expected and also more inclusive than I expected. All three entrees we ordered were nicely presented and delicious especially the hanger steak. None of us had fish! So we will need to go back and try a fish entree. Service was quiet but very attentive. A bit pricey to be on my "go to" list but certainly value and quality for your $$$'s.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ruined the experienceZackGDined on 3/29/2014Celebrated wife's birthday with some friends. The appetizers were good, the main course was good except for the swordfish which we sent back. The dessert (Chocolate cake and smores) were pretty bad all around. The chocolate cake had a bitter taste and the smores marshmallows were cold and stuck together, almost felt like they took it out of the fridge from storage. Our waiter was horrible, he took forever to bring refills. The food we exchanged came after everyone else finished eating. Waiter had to come back 3 times to ask what exactly the replacement plate should be. Did not bring correct portions of side plates. Would not go back to this restaurant and cannot recommend it.Special Features:
- We like Fins and have dineds2artrVIPDined on 3/29/2014We like Fins and have dined here many times over the years. Service as excellent and the menu choices were abundant. Tonight's food was not as good as in the past and perhaps it was just an off night. The sand dabs were quite bland and the fish was much larger than we have experienced in the past. I thought that the restaurant had substituted filet of sole. The accompanied spinach was so salty that I could not eat it. My wife enjoyed the scallops. We will return again and try other entrees. Also, seated across from the bar is very noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Roaring Dining Experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014You can't go wrong with an outing to Fins. The food is great, ambience lively and overall pretty decent service. It is loud, though, boy is it loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/7/2014Wonderful meal, wonderful service, wonderful night!Special Features:
- Love the place. I would definetlybettyandiDined on 2/27/2014Love the place. I would definetly would return to try the rest of the menu, loved the service very friendly, the short ribs were amaizing, I took my wife for a romantic dinner everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than stellarrounddogDined on 2/22/2014We are semi regulars at Fins. Found the experience below expectations. Requested a nice corner seat, but was told it was reserved - no one showed the whole time we were there. I started with the clam chowder. I found it very bland and returned the majority to the kitchen. The main was OK, but that was about it. Disappointing experience. We'll chalk it up to an off evening - hopefully not the new normal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealcheersDined on 2/16/2014One of the best seafood restaurants in Ventura County. Food is great service was good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upMarthaDined on 2/15/2014This is the second time that I have eaten at Fins. My first experience was an amazing delicious seafood salad enjoyed with friends on the patio on a beautiful sunny day. Perfect! Because I enjoyed the luncheon experience so much I suggested to friends that we go there for dinner. Our food was delicious. We eat inside because it is winter in California - ha! My only slightly negative comment is that the restaurant was noisy for us to talk, as a result we added to the noise by talking louder. That being said, we would and will definitely go back to Fins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, Small and ColdFoodzie1VIPDined on 2/15/2014The menu was limited and nothing really exciting to chose from. The food took an hour to come out so we were left asking when is it going to come? When the food came out it was in small portions and came out cold. Not only cold, the food was with out that great taste that Fin's is known for with their fish. The veggies came out with way to much salt that I had to just leave them and being on a low carb diet I left the restaurant hungry. When you have a slow kitchen and cold food with little to now flavor you feel cheated. The only good was that our server Not sure I would go back again, left me feeling unsatisfied even when I had their Macadamia Nut crusted Halibut which their signature dish. It truly was a disappointment.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014The food is always great, service was pleasant. This place also has a great wine list and intersting chice of cocktails. This was my second time there and I'd go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Try...HappyMerryWorkerDined on 2/14/2014For more than 15-yrs now I'm guessing, Fin's has been one of my favorites... It is upscale in every way; yet comfortable and not "stuffy"... A place to go for that special occasion; and at the same time, a nice place to visit on a weekly basis... Most dinner entrées are in the $25-$30; however, the food is superb - as is the service... Patio dining is available for those that wish to enjoy the evening outdoors... Our visit this time was for a Valentine's dinner, and we were not at all disappointed... Although I much prefer live music, the female DJ there that evening did a fantastic job of playing very appropriate tunes and at a comfortable listening level... You will not be disappointed if you haven't as yet paid a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, consistent menu and serviceMJAEDined on 2/14/2014We've eaten there several times and have never been disappointed. Had the calamari appetizer (very light breading and tender rings with interesting sauces). Mains were the halibut (buttery and wonderful) and Ahi tuna (spicey and wonderful). Valentine's night was predictably packed and the kitchen got slammed a bit, but we enjoyed a nice bottle of wine (Latetia Pinot Noir) and the ambiance was such that conversation was relaxed and comfortable. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine TreatSteveDined on 2/14/2014Great time. I have always loved Fins. I come back again without any thought . Every time I eat their the food gets better. Five starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will always get a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/31/2014You will always get a good meal and we had a very good waitress who has waited on us before. Very consistent restaurant. Bar noise that night was loud!Special Features:
- Very pleasant birthday surpriseJefroDined on 1/30/2014Small private room in the back provided ideal setting for 8 person surprise birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great first visitCami2Dined on 1/25/2014I've gone past this place quite a few times during the day. They have a very good variety of food. We tried the ceviche, Cajun gumbo, shrimp linguini, and the daily special swordfish with pesto sauce. Everything was very good and tasty. Service was wonderful. We arrived at 8pm. The place was busy, but everything went smoothly.Special Features:
- Overcooked the ahiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/17/2014I ordered the seared ahi tuna salad. I asked the waiter if it was seared and rare in the middle. He said yes. Not the case. The ahi was cut in cubes (not the slices I expected) and completely overcooked. All the cubed pieces were white throughout. Not even close. Ugh. I would have sent it back but we were having a birthday celebration and I didn't want to spoil it. The dressing that came with the salad had so much wasabi in it, my eyes watered. I so much wanted to like this place and have a good meal and I was so disappointed in the food. Service was good, setting was fine. Not very crowded for a Friday afternoon.
- Great local placeTKOSCOTTDined on 1/11/2014Food is always good with great specials. Service is always top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant.....alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/3/2014Love this restaurant.....always great food and service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fresh FishFishLoverDined on 12/31/2013The halibut with macadamia nut and peanut sauce was excellent as were the tuna and sea bass. The coconut, curry, black-eyed peas soup was scrumptious. We all ate well at our table. I did overhear that they ran out of lobster (and this was on New Year's Eve), and this was fairly early in the evening; and at the next table, they did not have a couple of red wines on their wine list.Special Features:
- Service great... Food, not so much.LoriDined on 12/31/2013This was our first time at the restaurant and although the friendly service was terrific the food really left much to be desired, the salads were overdressed, hot items came out cold, the soup had NO seasoning or flavor and the portions were nothing to write home about. What saved the evening was the company, drinks and the DELIGHTFUL staff. Our server Jenny should be commended! Her bright smile and attentiveness made us forget about and not bother to complain about the food!
- ReunitedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013We had previously enjoyed the Fins in Calabasass and were happy to find the originalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseHowardDined on 12/24/2013Decided to take the family out for Christmas Eve dinner at the last minute and all of our usual go to restaurants for special occasions were booked solid. Fins had room so I decided to give them a try. It was terrific. Service was impeccable, food was fabulous and the price was very competitive. We've now added Fins to our go to list. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodLikes2eatVIPDined on 12/21/2013Fins is a great neighborhood find. The servers and staff are friendly and helpful answering any questions about the menu and they make good suggestions. The salmon and sautéed spinach was delicious. The salads are big enough to split. We have brought several couples to Fins when they visit our area and everyone is happy. It can be noisy so if you want to have a dinner conversation, ask to sit in the back room. Prices are on par with steak houses. Main dishes are mostly a la cart. They always have specials and I hope to make it one day to their .99 M- F lunch martinis.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood GemGaryDined on 12/12/2013We had a great evening and was VERY pleased with our meals. The Macadamia crusted Halibut that my wife had was very good. She throughly enjoyed it. I had the Panang Curry Shrimp and Chicken; one of the best curry's I ever had. Service was excellent; a big improvement from the last time we were there. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Was very loud. Noisy but wasDaveDined on 11/15/2013Was very loud. Noisy but was a Friday night After all...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.