301 Front Street North
Issaquah, WA 98027Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.finsbistro.com/
- Phone: 4253920109
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm. Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: ZUL MEGJI
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Fins Bistro
Issaquah's neighborhood seafood bistro. Specializing in a wide variety of exotic fish and shellfish from our local waters and beyond. We also offer a variety of Steaks, Pasta and Salads. Specializing in Pre Theatre dining, Full Bar and extensive Wine list. Brunch on the weekends. Casual theatrical ambiance and Patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Fins Bistro - Best Restaurants in Issaquah ›
Fins Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (17)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (14)romantic (13)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- WonderfulBillDined on 9/13/2014Great find! I'll be back. I had a New York Strip steak and it was really good. Two in our party had Halibut they loved. Another had scallops and ate every morsel. Then we had dessert. Wow!!Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Lovely little place to grab a breakfast (sit outside if the weather is right)...or a romantic dinner that is close to home (Issaquah)...good service that is not over bearing and good food!Special Features:
- Wanted to give a fivethedwDined on 8/23/2014Everything was great except that the salmon and the halibut cheeks were cook just a little to long. If they had been cooked more towards medium rare the meal would have been perfect. Maybe look inot some differnt background music.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is excellent. The staff are accommodating and cheerful. The food is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentSunnygirlDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I enjoy this restaurant very much. It is friendly and the food is delicious. I had the yellow scallop and fish curry and it was the best I have ever had. Their butternut risotto was wonderful and you can't beat their Louie. Linens and candles by night and fresh and fun by day. The staff is excellent and I would highly suggest this restaurant. Their specials are always something to try!Special Features:
- Always a joyjdhinerDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy Fin's and are never disappointed. Servers are knowledgeable, unobtrusive, and very competent. Varied menu. Excellent bar and healthy drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MealmoosiemeDined on 8/2/2014We went for the crab cakes and the world's best creme brule, but my spouse was sidetracked by the scallops. Soooo good. Yummy sourdough bread. Service was attentive. We ate everything in sight. Good wine advice. Ambiance would typically be excellent, but on 90 degree day, the A/C was struggling to keep the room cool. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Issaquah surprisesharonkDined on 7/6/2014Was happily surprised by Fin's prior to theater this weekend. Menu was broad, environment was very lovely for a pre-theater lunch. Bread offered prior to meal and on my sandwich were not noteworthy, but crème brulee dessert certainly was. I will return again for the great ambiance, service, convenience, and menu offerings.Special Features:
- Wonderful pre-play diningB4PlayDiningDined on 6/17/2014We had 4:30pm reservations (would have liked a 5:00 or 5:30 pm but not available) for dinner prior to attending the Issaquah Playhouse production of 'Funny Girl'. I had the NW Trio (halibut cheek, crab cake, and salmon) and substituted the white rice with the squash risotto and so glad I did; my meal was absolutely 'melt in your mouth'. My husband had the bacon wrapped scallops with the risotto, and he 'cleaned his plate' as well. When I made my OpenTable reservation, I made mention that I couldn't have any seeds nor nuts, because of having diverticulitis, and was impressed that, not only had they picked up on that remark from my reservation, but how attentive they were to my food requirements. Great Job, Fin Bistro!!Special Features:
- Great pre-theatre venue.PreTheatreDinerDined on 6/15/2014My daughter and I went to Fin's for the first time for a pre-theater dinner. The food was wonderful - we both had a dish that was recommended by our server and she didn't steer us incorrectly. Our server was one of the best I've ever encountered - she didn't "hover" (which both my daughter and I despise), but was available any time we needed her to be. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unremarkablehellionDined on 5/31/2014I did not find their brunch menu memorable. My husband found the 3 egg om letter a bit lacking in size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch or Lunch?ThatBooVIPDined on 5/25/2014You can have both at Fins Bistro, even if you arrive at 10:30 am. At least that's what you would be led to believe by the menu, which included their lunch specials. But don't expect fries with your sandwich at that hour - the deep fryer hasn't even been turned on at that time. Which was ok because my wife really didn't want them, but did want the portobello mushroom sandwich on the lunch menu and was granted her wish. I got the Eggs Neptune, which featured Copper River Salmon that Fin's smokes on premise under an excellent hollandaise and a just right poached egg. The salmon is moist and flavorful, a balance not easy to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 112 reviews are from the Fins Bistro reviews archive.
- LacklusterHungryDined on 5/23/2014Disappointed with this visit. Bistro was not busy, but it took a long time for server to bring beverages. I ordered iced tea, and found it to be a flavored variety, though that was not stated, so it was returned. It took a very long time for a food to arrive. I witnessed other tables being offered a bread basket, but we not offered such, though our meal took a very long time to arrive. The onion soup was very sweet, not as savory as expected, certainly not worth the $3 up charge to the side for a sandwich.
- Love Fins!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014Fins Bistro is a great place in Issaquah. Food is always consistent I have been dining here for years! Staff is always incredible. If you haven't tried it. Definitely a must in IssaquahSpecial Features:
- SkypilotDined on 5/11/2014We've always had wonderful experiences at Fins. It was a wonderful choice for Mothers' Day. I'd highly recommend this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014My wife's favorite reaturant. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014Excellent food and awesome service. The owners are charming peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative Brunch MenuSeattleCareerDined on 4/27/2014Fins Bistro had some of the basic brunch items, but we enjoyed their variations. Crab Cakes Benedict, Huevos Rancheros and Trout and Eggs were our choices and they were wonderful.Special Features:
- Brunch OptionsFrankVIPDined on 4/27/2014The service at Fin's was very nice. The brunch was good but nothing special. I have been to Fin's several times for dinner and would return. However I believe there are better options for brunch including Wildfin on Gilman and Jacks on Front street.
- great foodTucker2VIPDined on 3/14/2014Great restaurant to grab dinner before a show. the food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was wonderful, evenPaddyDined on 2/18/2014Service was wonderful, even on a busy theatre night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place on the eastside!!!MarcDined on 2/14/2014Fins is the best place for excellent food & outstanding staff. Everyone is very warm and friendly. The name Fins may lead you to think its all about sea food however that would be incorrect. Some of my personal favorites are not from the sea. If you are looking for great food with reasonable prices this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPoorisDined on 2/2/2014Everything is very well prepared, very fresh, the seafood is excellent, and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NYE Dinner 2013Mimi1955Dined on 12/31/2013We had a delightful evening and savored the entire experience. A warm and inviting venue with fresh flowers and Glassybabys on each table. Service from Sara was attentive, friendly and impeccable. We ordered the Filet Oscar (hubby) and NW Trio which included salmon, crabcake and halibut cheeks. The filet could be cut with a fork it was so tender and big claws of Dungeness crab topped it in a light bernaise sauce. The salmon was perfect and the halibut cheeks were like lobster. So Good! We finished with a NY cheesecake topped with fresh berries and whipped cream. Zul, the owner, stopped by to wish us Happy New Year and ask about how we were enjoying the meal. Very thoughtful and professional gesture - he really cares. Wonderful celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best places in IssaquahJoseMaDined on 11/21/2013We like eating here, the food and the drinks are exceptional. Service is good, even when the owner is not around, which is not very often. Recommended for their fish, great variety at good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightFinsFansDined on 10/25/2013This is a true gem in Issaquah. We go here often and it is ALWAYS great. They really know what they're doing here, the food is always cooked beautifully and the waitstaff are really on top of things. They treat us like family - they remember the things my children have told them in the past and we "pick up where we left off" with each visit. You can't beat Fins for a lovely dinner before a show at the Village Theater, which is adjoining the restaurant. All in all we highly recommend this place for a high quality yet affordable dinner in a relaxed small-town atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great seafood dishes on thePhillyRichDined on 10/15/2013Great seafood dishes on the menu, signature dish is the crusted macadamia nut halibut w/ the Tai peanut sauce. Sarah gave us great table service all night long. A very nice wine list too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was fantastic.gallaschDined on 10/10/2013Our server was fantastic. He was informative, friendly, accommodating, and knew exactly when and how to approach our table. We tried his reccomendations and they were fantastic. We loved our first visit and will definitely be back. thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so-so but great locationdebmooverDined on 10/8/2013Fins shares a wall with the Issaquah Village Theatre. 1/2 hour before show time the wall opens to the theatre lobby,making this an ideal spot for dinner and the show. The food is heavily laden with butter and the fish that I have had there on 2 different occasions was not very good. On my recent visit, I ordered the salmon. It came warm at best and not cook through even though I do like my salmon rare, this was just not cooked long enough and had probably sat out for a while as well. I think that the fish had been frozen. The sides of green beans and rice were also luke warm. All was covered with rich buttery sauce. Kitchen remade for me. However, our server was nice and friendly and the desert was good for some sugar before the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great business lunchPiratemlmDined on 10/2/2013Couldn't have aqsked for a better venue for a quiet business lunch. Service and food was perfect and they didn't rush us at all. Great value for your business dollar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to lunch with some coworkersRickDined on 9/19/2013Went to lunch with some coworkers to celebrate two birthdays. Great food, service and atmosphere. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great, food wasSteveDined on 9/5/2013Service was great, food was wonderful...they are happy to adjust menu items to fit any needs. Very friendly atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2013I have eaten at Fins many times. Every time the food was excellent, the wait staff great and very good choices for wine by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!Kris66Dined on 8/22/2013My parents were here from out of town, so they requested a seafood place. We had not been here yet, so we took a chance and made a reservation here. Everyone loved their food choices and the server was great to recommend wine to go with each meal. Great desert menu as well! I wouldn't recommend bringing children here. We sat outside on a nice warm evening and enjoyed the street happenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for a quick brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2013This was our second time going to Fin's Bistro and this time we went for brunch. It is a small bistro in Issaquah downtown and has a cute outdoor seating on Front street. The food was good, the egg's benedicts were cooked correctly. The service was a bit lacking though, it took me 3 tries to get a refill for my coffee when it wasn't really busy at the restaurant.Special Features:
- First TimersMimiDined on 8/17/2013Great meal, service, and ambiance. Well priced entrees and wine. Exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- 3 for 3!gypsywomanDined on 8/3/2013Been here twice for dinner and once for lunch....never disappointed! Great wine at great prices!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs to be improvedzmanVIPDined on 8/3/2013We felt like we were an imposition from the time of arrival. Service was indifferent.
- Not just for the theatre crowdZagMacDined on 8/3/2013I'd always avoided this place as it looked like one for small portions, high prices, and a crowd on theatre nights. Well, if the crowds come it is for good reason: great food at reasonable prices (2 reasons?). There's a healthy mix of seafood options, as everything is fresh and well-crafted. I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have lived in IssaquahSlugsarusDined on 7/27/2013We have lived in Issaquah for 2 years and had not heard about this restaurant. Northwest platter was great especially the halibut. Thai pasta was outstanding. Waitress was friendly and not overbearing. Only issue was veggies were lukewarm. Definitely coming back for date nightSpecial Features: