1616 Sherbrooke O.
Montreal, QC H3H 1C9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.finorestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 5147512975
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday & Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Satruday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Fino can meet any catering need, be it a lavish wedding reception, corporate event or gala. We can serve hundreds of guests or an intimate gathering in your own home. Ballrooms, backyard tents, old warehouses--you choose the venue and Fino will take care of the rest.
- Private Party Contact: Cayleigh Starr 5147512975
A word from Fino Restaurant
Located in the heart of the Golden Square Mile, Fino offers a modern interpretation of Italian cuisine in an elegant setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fino Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- wines123VIPDined on 5/30/2014Fino was a last minute decision on a Fridaay night and we were 8 people. overall the food was outstanding but the restaurant lacked a certain ambiance that on has grown to expect. Iif this place is to survive they need to attract a younger more energetic crowd and offer more exciting appetizers. the fish and filet special were great, I wish them luck!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner with great friends... Service was very good and the server very curtiuos.... We'll be back and our friends will make another visit as well...Special Features:
- Restaurant was Closed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2014I made a reservation with open table for lunch for 3 people and when I came the door was shut and the restaurant closed. I am not sure whether I am more disappointed with Open Table of with Fino Restaurant. This is unprofessional behaviour from both companies and I will definitely not go back to Fino and will try to avoid open table reservations as well.
- DisappointedMarlaVIPDined on 5/1/2014New menu disappoints. Service was sporadic. Not the vibrant atmosphere as in the past. Menu lacks sophistication and not enough variety. Too bad - we used to enjoy Fino.Special Features:
- Open Table + Fino DisasterCfoodieDined on 2/1/2014I made reservations to dine at Fino on Saturday evening February 1st. My reservation was confirmed in writing by Open Table. When we arrived at the restaurant Saturday evening it was closed! We found the telephone number to the restaurant & their voice mail stated the restaurant is closed until March! We had already paid for parking & we had a senior citizen in our party who could not walk far, especially on a cold, snowy evening - so we found ourselves stranded on Saturday evening with nowhere to eat - a complete disaster! This is totally unacceptable & we await news from both Open Table & Fino as to how this can happen & what they are going to do about it.
- Great seafood and ambienceMontrealerVIPDined on 12/6/2013Went for a Friday night dinner with my wife. They gave us a nice spot by the window. She had the salmon, I had the seabass. Both excellent and with an artistic presentation. Service was great. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableRossDined on 11/30/2013Great food, super service, nice ambience- definitely one of the better restos in a city with lots of competition- will return-and looking forward to it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicemaryDined on 10/12/2013Excellent food and service and very nice ambience. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While we arrived early, weADMKDined on 10/2/2013While we arrived early, we were the only ones in the main dining room, another larger party was on the patio. The service was very good although our waitress had to keep adjusting her extremely short dress. Food presentation was excellent. the food quality was first rate. The Oso bucco special was excellent. The sea bass was mushy in my opinion. In yelp the price is $$$ actually it is $$$$. Overall very worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A last gasp of summer ....canadianfoodieVIPDined on 9/11/2013We dined on our favourite Terrace on a warm night as summer was drawing to a close.Our server was helpful and charming,too ! Our guests were foodies like we are,and we decided to share a few special dishes.The perfectly grilled and seasoned octopus was amazing with its couscous,as was the salmon tartare on its bed of avocado. As a last gasp of summer,we loved the lobster Cesar salad,with its simple lobster already out of its shell and ready to savour..The favourite Fino burger with its yummy fries and a big bowl of mussels completed our meal. And to top it all off, a bottle of our favourite Italian Sangiovese wine ! What could be better ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2013Found this place by chance on a short trip to Montreal. Menu was limited and rather expensive but you get what you pay for and the goat cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breast and pasta with sausage dishes we had were absolutey delicious. Well worth the price. Excellent, attentive service as well. I would have liked shrimp or scallops on the menu but the food we enjoyed was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We brought out-of-town friendscanadianfoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2013We brought out-of-town friends to Fino's wonderful urban outdoor terrace to share one of our favourite dining spots. The weather was perfect and our friends were delighted with our suggestion.We ordered drinks and after catching up on all the news got down to serious food decisions.My husband chose the seafood linguini,but my friend was in the mood for steak,her husband decided on the branzino,and I opted for my favourite summer lobster salad.Everything was delicious ! We finished off the evening with caffe lattes,and a great time was had by all !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect July evening oncanadianfoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2013A perfect July evening on the terrace at Fino Restaurant.We were all in the mood for lobster salads and one duck salad which arrived on large wooden trays. Chilled sauvignon blanc and one glass of red Tuscan wine added to our tasty summer salads which tasted as good as they looked ! in fact the table next to us ordered them too ! We capped our delicious dinner with an apple crumble dessert (which we shared)and great coffee. All in all a very beautiful evening with good friends !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a beautiful terraceelanabDined on 7/23/2013Everyone at our table enjoyed our dining experience. The waiter was very knowledgeable, helpful and accomodating. All of our choices were delicious and it was so nice to eat on the terrace. The only thing that slightly bothered me was that the restaurant was not busy. I like eating in a restaurant when there are lots of people. Overall we had fun, food was great and we would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Summer eveningVixsterDined on 7/23/2013One of my favourite restaurants because of 2 things - the food and the courtyard The food is incredible with great flavours and imagination. My all time faves are the gnocchi and I was pleasantly surprised to see a new twist to them for a lighter summer fare. The courtyard adds a different ambience altogether and it can't be beat in the summertime. Oh and I do have to give a shout out to the staff. They are always very attentive, professional and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and ElegantDangerJohnDined on 7/19/2013So many restaurants today are insanely loud, so I cherish the quiet and elegant ambience of this place. My risotto with filet mignon strips was amazing. Gourmet poutine appetizer was also a great choice. This is a perfect restaurant if you want excellent food in an elegant environment where you can easily have a quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice terraces, greatHenriDined on 7/18/2013Very nice terraces, great service et fabulous foodSpecial Features:
- Reunited with FriendscanadianfoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2013Perfect summer dining on the terrace.Service was great.Generous portions of seafood linguini served in glass casseroles,and rack of lamb special( enough for 2 ladies to share) were delicious.Wine choice was Sangiovese red and a chilled Sauvignon Blanc.We shared a warm apple crumble with ice cream and finished with cafe lattes.All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourDeannaDined on 7/4/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and we will return.Special Features:
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2013Menu has been shortened and not as diverse as it was in the past. Disappointing. Pricey for what was offered. Food and service were good no complaints there.Special Features:
- Hidden awayfoodrunnerDined on 6/29/2013We went for a family birthday, five of us. I specifically wanted the courtyard, which is a converted courtyard of an older apartment building. It had a nice setting with an ersatz grass wall to make you think of Italy. Despite a large group of 45 celebrating an engagement, the service was attentive in the evening. The food presentation was excellent and the taste of my calf's liver was excellent. The food is supposed to be Italian which many of the appetizers were, but the mains were more generic and so traditional. I din't mind as the whole meal was quite pleasant and suited us fine. A good coffee and a a grappa and we left happy. From Sherbrooke, you would not guess what lay hidden away. Time to go into Fino!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Presentation and FlavorMLD735VIPDined on 6/28/2013One of the top two restaurants we tried in Montreal. The halibut special was gorgeous in presentation and preparation. Vegetables perfectly cooked as well. The appetizer of heirloom tomatoes was flavorful and tasted just out of the garden. Good use of fresh herbs. Convenient to Museum of Fine Arts. Decor is spare, not romantic or cozy but pleasing. Service was well paced.Special Features:
- Great restaurantluv2dineDined on 6/6/2013Delicious food. Great ambiance, great hospitality... Overall very pleased! I'll definitely be back there for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We returned to Fino's outdoorcanadianfoodieVIPDined on 6/1/2013We returned to Fino's outdoor terrace,longing for outside dining.The evening was muggy but the terrace was covered which protected all the diners from a huge downpour during our otherwise lovely dinner.Chilled sauvignon blanc was the perfect wine for salmon tartare,and tomato and bourata salad appetizers.Our mains were seafood pasta,and a grilled calamari appetizer served on a mound of yummy couscous.Perfect all around.We had fruit for dessert,and lattes and iced coffee and enjoyed good service.Sooo nice to finally dine al fresco !.Look forward to a return visit soon !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is outstanding. TheSilviaDined on 6/1/2013The food is outstanding. The service was fantastic and prices considering are fair. I would highly recommend for special occasion or just a quite night out w/ hubby. Great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013It was not my first time and I was looking forward to eating pizza al fresco. Well, it seems they changed the lunch menu and it does not include pizza. First disappoinment, It tool a while for us to be acknowledged and order wine even though the terrace only had 2 other tables with customers. When we asked for bread we were told that they were baking it and it would not be long. When it finally came, the middle was FROZEN. The food was ok - nothing extraordinary. The waiter did bring us a digestif "on the house" which was nice. My previous experiences have been very positive. This time was a disappoinment.
- Sitting outside on a BeauifulEatingoutDined on 5/18/2013Sitting outside on a Beauiful night makes all the difference. The food was delicious the staff was very friendly . The service this evening was very slow. Also think hat they should have better wine by the glass selections .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findRosamariaDined on 5/17/2013We were most impressed by the quality of this restaraunt, both its food and service. Neither my husband or I could find anything to criticise in the presentation, variety and quality of the meal we were served - which makes it a rare occasion! We would - and will - recommend it to any or our friends who are planning to visit Montreal..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyMarlaVIPDined on 5/11/2013Food is very good but getting to be very pricey. Service was very inattentive. Had to ask of there were any specials. Had to ask for dessert menu. Not running back so soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and dine in a lovely setting.DingdangVIPDined on 5/4/2013Fino is a fine dining establishment which has a lovely terrace for outdoor dining and an equally smart dining room if to dine inside. The service is excellent and the food albeit not overly creative but authentically Italian and extremely tasty. The only drawback is that they did not have the wine we selected even though it was on the wine list. We did find another one which was very good too. I would recommend Fino to anyone wishing to have a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place to treat yourselfOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Went there for Valentine's day with my wife. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. You will spend about $120-$150 (we took the table d'hote) and no wine, but the food is worth it! Many fancy restaurants will ring you up a large bill and you still walk out hungry or maybe just got some fancy decorated plates. I really liked the presentation of each plate, the flavor was EXCELLENT and the portions generous. The service was also excellent. They were very attentive and meticulous when bringing and removing items from the table. So in all, I would go back and recommend it to someone looking for something different.Special Features:
- Was still looking for a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Was still looking for a place for Valentine's Day dinner on the 13th and so I was a little weary of anything that still had availability but on the 14th we were very happy with my choice. The ambiance was nice. It was a hidden gem. Food was fantastic. Service was excellent! We ended up staying for quite some time after dinner and enjoyed some beverages and talked to the staff. We Will definitely return when we are back in town as well as recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2013Food was good, service was fine, but it would be nice if manager smiled on occasion and was more welcoming.Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary, and both of us were very pleased. The staff were pleasant, helpful, and attentive, and the food was excellent (the portions were pretty generous too). It was nice and quiet when we first arrived, but it did get a bit louder as more people filled the restaurant. However, neither one of us had to shout to hear each other. Overall we had an excellent experience at Fino.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal. GreatMarlaVIPDined on 1/26/2013We had a wonderful meal. Great good and nice service.
- good quality food and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012good quality food and very attentive service. Overall, a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- A very nice, staid diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012A very nice, staid dining experience (at least at lunchtime). Ladies who lunch and upscale businesspeople. Excellent, discreet service. The green salad is unspectacular but main courses beautifully prepared and delicious. A good place to take or be taken by an older relative or for a work 'occasion'.Special Features:
- Food and service were outstanding.SymanticDined on 12/1/2012Food and service were outstanding. I asked our waitress for help choosing between 2 appetizers and had the best response I have ever had from a server (and we eat out a lot!). She thought about the rest of my meal and made a great recommendation. Portobello tower and risotto with filet mignon, grilled salmon were all excellent. There was a wedding party with small children running rampant through the restaurant which took a toll on the atmosphere and probably made it seem a lot louder than it would be otherwise. Look forward to returning.
- The staff was very friendlyGabyVIPDined on 11/28/2012The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They were not very organized though, I had gone out of the trouble to arrange a fix menu by email and no one knew when I arrived (had to get the manager). The food was good, but there are such nice restaurants in Montreal, I would not consider this one in my top favorites.Special Features:
- A truly pleasant dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2012A truly pleasant dining experience! Food, service, ambiance. Tuna tataki amazing! Gnocchi was superb! Pappardelle was excellent, too! Friendly staff that worked well as a team to ensure top level of service for us. Recommend for sure...Special Features: