FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar
2905 San Gabriel
Austin, TX 78705Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.finoaustin.com/
- Phone: (512) 474-2905
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
DINNER Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - Close,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00 - 10:30
BRUNCH (Sunday Only): 10:00am- 2:00pm
*** Please Note - we do not take reservations for the Patio.
So get here early !
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Luke Hursey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: HAPPY HOUR M-F 3:30-6:30 (Sat 5-6:30PM)
$2 off Cocktail Menu | $2 off Beers
$1 Sherries* | ½ off Aperitif Wines
$2 off Tapas
$5 House Sparkling, White and Red glasses of wine
A word from FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar
FINO is situated in a treehouse setting on a second floor with wrap around patio - offering a lounge area with comfy sofas - planters & lanterns - to enjoy drinks & tapas and also a dining area for full dining experience. FINO focuses on Mediterranean cuisines, with dishes from Spain, France, Greece, Italy & North Africa and utilizes Local Ingredients. The dinner menu offers Tapas & Small Plates which encourage sharing & tasting many different flavors - and also offers Paella for two or more and Large Plate specials.The all old world wine list offers many Spanish and French wines, plus selections from Portugal, Italy and other parts of the Mediterranean. FINO full bar offers Specialty Cocktails, nightly happy hour specials & seasonal house Sangria, by the glass or pitcher. Inside detailed lighting dictates the ambiance for a festive bar scene & intimate dining. Patio dining features a smoking area & heaters for those occasionally cooler Austin nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)great for outdoor dining (35)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (23)good for groups (20)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (16)romantic (16)notable wine list (15)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Perfect PaellayankintejasDined on 11/22/2014First, the service was second to none. We were never left to wait but, at the same time, we were left to enjoy our food when it was brought out. Our server had outstanding recommendations both for tapas to enjoy with our paella, as well as a wonderful wine. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great first date place.PoppyDined on 11/19/2014Thank you for making this a wonderful time for me for my first date. I really enjoyed the lovely atmosphere and the professionalism your staff has displayed. I will most definitely return. I was very impressed by the creative work and the deliciousness of the food. My date enjoyed sitting outside having our drinks and appetizers. Our waitress was friendly and helped make our evening special. Thank you taking the time to be so kind and make these arrangements to have a nice corner table. Sincerely- Polya Jennifer GetmanSpecial Features:
- A Lovely FindAustinNewbiesVIPDined on 11/11/2014We needed a nice spot near the UT Campus and have now discovered FINO. We were pleasantly happy with the place and we will return. The tapas style menu gave us many choices to share and build our dinner pallet. We both enjoyed the Anchovy Stuffed Olives & Fried Goat Cheese for our kick-off but the true treat was the Octopus Carpaccio which is not often seen on menus in Austin. Save room for spectacular deserts topped of with perhaps the best coffee served in town. We can't leave this review without a comment on the spectacular and personal service we encountered. We opened with a friendly greeting by the host and it was topped of by an exceptional server; Nickela. Enjoy our lovely find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful outdoor brunch!SassyWineBellyVIPDined on 11/9/2014A friend was visiting from out of town and had had her fill of barbecue and grilling out. We had brunch on the patio at Fino and it was perfection! We ordered a bunch of small plates (Shisito peppers and the muhummara) as well as one large plate (shakshouka with chorizo) to share. We each tried the pomegranate and orange mimosas, and I much preferred orange - pomegranate was too sweet. The setting was wonderful and the servers were very attentive without being intrusive. Fantastic experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumKKWAustinDined on 11/8/2014We did an after the football game dinner at Fino. Really a great eatery...wonderful service, excellent food, and perfect setting. The outdoor patio seating is some of the best in Austin. We had a smorgasbord of their small plates and everything was so good, especially the fried goat cheese and the Brussels sprouts. We yummed it all up and cleaned our plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicoise salad the worst ever hadHootDined on 11/7/2014Plater mainly filled with spinach leaves and a few other vegetables, a small bit of crumbled tuna probably out of a "Chicken of the Sea " can. If you would like to eat a fine niscoise salad try the Bistro at Nordstroms. The fino was fine as well as the service.Special Features:
- A simple I'm sorry would workElcid91VIPDined on 11/2/2014We ordered our eggs poached medium and received them hard. The bacon also came out cold. We sent the food back. The eggs came back runny and cold ( not medium) and the same bacon was reheated and came back mushy. I sent the bacon back again for fresh, hot bacon. Not once during this whole fiasco did any of the staff say I'm sorry. We are very disappointed because we had been there 3 previous times and liked the place, but we won't be coming back.
- Fino paellaHBC02CVIPDined on 10/24/2014Excellent paella, which is difficult to find in Texas. The wine list is small, but there are some excellent choices at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014My review is a private note for the restaurant only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingeatsDined on 10/20/2014The young man who was our waiter was very good. He was attentive but not hovering. He commented on the food as he had tasted. He was very knowledgeable. I wish I knew his name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServicePoetatlargeDined on 10/18/2014We've had two experiences at Fino's in the past few months in which we entertained out-of-town company. It's out of downtown, sophisticated menu, good wine; great place to settle for an evening of catch-up. Friends from NCY and North Carolina loved it! Great service, good food, relaxed, fun.Special Features:
- Great Tapas & Service612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 10/4/2014Come here on an empty stomach and you'll leave pleasantly full and happy. I came in a group of 3 and we share a handful of 'small plates' in addition to tapas. All were very well portioned (small plates were quite bigger than expected) and satisfying. Nothing we had went unfinished. Great service across the entire team - beverage delivery, wine, water, plates cleared... all well done. Would definitely come back. Probably best for a group of 3+ as it is definitely a place you'd want to share due to the menu options, but can be done with 2 people.Special Features:
- Wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Expensive wine list for a neighborhood restaurant.
- Wonderful PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Fino's patio is a perfect spot for a casual after-work meal. The service is quite accommodating, with our server helpful at helping us gauge the number of small plates and appetizer selections we chose to fill the two of us and our 12-year-old daughter. The anchovy-stuff fried olives and spanakopita were perfect snacks while we perused the menu for the rest of our selections. Falafel is best in town; tomato and burrata salad also memorable.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualChaseVIPDined on 10/3/2014Service and food were superb. Thank you for the great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic brunchezduzitVIPDined on 9/28/2014I make it a point to brunch at FINO every time I'm in Austin. My fav is the savory waffle with the fried quail on top and pepper syrup. incredibly tasty and the waffle is so light and fluffy. My husband loves the shrimp and grits. we also like to get the various tapas, esp the sardine stuffed fried olives and the pork pinchitos. the patio is lovely and it makes dining al fresco a joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and uniqueLoloDined on 9/23/2014We tasted several items from their appetizer menu and then enjoyed the seafood paella. Each dish was prepared and presented with care. The menu offers unique items with flavor profiles that seem genuine to the culture they represent. This is sophisticated dining in a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. I would describe the flavors as being authentically Portuguese and Middle Eastern. Think saffron, anchovies, olives, seafood, etc. As someone who loves to cook, I appreciate dining out at a place that challenges and broadens my palate. Very nice evening. We will go back again. This is far away from a cookie-cutter restaurant and menu! I felt like I'd enjoyed an evening in old town Lisbon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Those Who LunchVlySummitVIPDined on 9/22/2014As ever, a lovely corner to lunch in and to talk with friends--and hear them and they can hear you. Good food, good atmosphere.Special Features:
- brunch partysweettoothDined on 9/21/2014I had a Sunday morning brunch party for my daughter. I brought flowers, favors, and special napkins. The server helped me with everything and consulted with me about drinks and starters. She recommended mimosas with a variety of fruit juices for the table. Everyone really enjoyed that. Each person could order individually and all the food came out within a fairly short time so no one had to wait very long before everybody was served or the food became cold. Water and champagne glasses were filled consistently. We all loved our food. The fried quail (with waffles) was hot and crisp. Shrimp and grits were highly complimented. We had three orders of the manchego biscuits with jam before our meal arrived, a must have!Special Features:
- Always good!MichaelBKVIPDined on 9/19/2014Excellent drinks, wine list and great innovative Mediterranean food. Always good to find whether hungry or just a snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!PipertipperVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great food and great service. Have been here for lunch, happy hour and dinner-- all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Went here with some friends and had a great Sunday brunch! Drinks, food, and service were all great. I would for sure go back for brunch, and would like to try it for Lunch or Dinner. Highlights were the Fried Goat Cheese and the Manchego Biscuits for food and both the Pomegranate Mimosas and Grapefruit Mimosas were delicious!Special Features:
- WonderfulDavidSDined on 8/23/2014Food was great. Service amazing. Really impressed with drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all aroundjanrDined on 8/16/2014Have not been here in about a year. I am not sure why as it has outstanding food and you are well taken care of. I will be returning often.Special Features:
- Everyone had a great time!JaneneDined on 8/11/2014Hadn't been for 10+ years since I had moved overseas for a time. Took a group of colleagues from work visiting from New York and locals. Food was delicious and everyone had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 614 reviews are from the FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar reviews archive.
- Paella Yum!tryingbrunchspotsDined on 7/29/2014The food was wonderful. The paella was pretty authentic minus the large amount of aioli. Our waiter was helpful and informative.Special Features:
- A bit pricey but VERY good food!joepaultxDined on 7/25/2014My girlfriend and I came for dinner on a Friday night and got a candle lit table right away. We ordered 3 tapas and 3 small plates. What's nice is that they asked if we wanted to course it out meaning they brought out 1 thing at a time so we could really enjoy everything. The small plates were great but I would recommend more than 1 per person since it's a small serving. All in all it was a very nice, quiet and enjoyable Friday night dinner experience. I would recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could be betterlocaleaterDined on 7/25/2014Earlier in the week we dined at Apocathery and the food was great. Fino was decent, we had the goat cheese, spanikopata, shrimp, mussels and a bottle of wine, but nothing memorable.Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner on PatioVisitingSFDined on 7/18/2014Server was very accommodating of modification to dishes to make them vegan for me. Great food and great service on a perfect night to sit on their lovely outdoor patio on a romantic date night with my husband. This is why I love this place.Special Features:
- Everything but paellaFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Ambience was very nice and service was quite good. All the plates we ordered were interesting and tasty with the exception of the paella. I have had paella many times, including in Spain, and this recipe was quite different and we really didn't like it. Plus, it was much too salty. But, since everything else was so good, I wouldn't want to discourage others from going there and trying the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden-gem north of DowntownGlobetrekkrDined on 7/6/2014We have had 2 meals @ FINO; Dinner, and 2 wks later, brunch. First, both meals were excellent! The only downside was at the BRUNCH, our server, although helpful, did not exude much personality or enthusiasm, but was competent in her duties. The menu both times is along the lines of "TAPAS", and also other "small plates" and a limited selection of "entree" meals. The octopus/pork belly, superb, along with a spicy-humus. For brunch, I tried the pork, which is quite spicy, with a full egg on top, again very tasty. The peach tart for dessert is excellent, and also the rosemary-ice cream. If you want something "different" and on the adventurous side with your food, and like the fun of sharing/tasting DEFINITELY TRY FINO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty MediterraneanhungrydinersDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food, best was pork belly with octopus, great variety of small plates, moderately priced, pleasant friendly wait staff. gladly will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day!Bevo62VIPDined on 6/15/2014Had a great Father's Day brunch with the family on the outside patio. Service was great, drinks were really good, and food was relatively priced.Special Features:
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014There were seven in our party. The food presentation for each of us was gorgeous. Each item on the menu was unique and fully described. Everyone's food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CraigDined on 6/11/2014Service was terrific; accommodating and prompt. Food was very good a s usual.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014Paella was great. The Rioja rose was a great match.Special Features:
- Great FindKristieDined on 6/6/2014We had a very nice dinner at Fino two weeks ago. We enjoyed the quiet table outside with a nice breeze outside. Our meal started with hummus and the pork pinchitos tapas. Both were very good. We shared two additional small plates that were on the specialty menu. One was a shrimp special and the other was short ribs. They were the highlight for me. Great drinks on happy hour too. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2014We had a group of 7 for brunch. Service was great and food was greater. They even gave us their recipe for Sangria!Special Features:
- New favorite restaurant in town!EdwinLandDined on 5/30/2014Really great food. The seafood and saffron paella was delicious, the mussels were the most tender and flavorful I have ever had and the corn mousse dessert was incredible. Loved the brussels sprouts too!Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable MealBrowner56VIPDined on 5/20/2014My wife and I have had several good experiences dining at Fino in the past, so we did not hesitate to book a table when our son came to town unexpectedly for the night. We split a paella for three people and had some other small plates, such as the grilled octopus and pork belly, for starters. The food was creative and excellent while the service was prompt and efficient. Our only regret is that we could not be seated outside on the patio on what turned out to be a lovely evening. We will happily return to Fino in the near future.Special Features: