FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar
2905 San Gabriel
Austin, TX 78705Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.finoaustin.com/
- Phone: 5124742905x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
DINNER Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00 - 10:30
BRUNCH (Sunday Only): 10:00am- 2:00pm
*** Please Note - we do not take reservations for the Patio.
So get here early !
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Luke Hursey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: FINO can host groups from 16-100 guests. Please contact our General Manager for minimum cost & special menu details.
- Private Party Contact: Annie Fuhrman 5124742905x
- Entertainment: HAPPY HOUR M-F 3:30-6:30 (Sat 5-6:30PM)
$2 off Cocktail Menu | $2 off Beers
$1 Sherries* | ½ off Aperitif Wines
$2 off Tapas
$5 House Sparkling, White and Red glasses of wine
A word from FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar
FINO is situated in a treehouse setting on a second floor with wrap around patio - offering a lounge area with comfy sofas - planters & lanterns - to enjoy drinks & tapas and also a dining area for full dining experience. FINO focuses on Mediterranean cuisines, with dishes from Spain, France, Greece, Italy & North Africa and utilizes Local Ingredients. The dinner menu offers Tapas & Small Plates which encourage sharing & tasting many different flavors - and also offers Paella for two or more and Large Plate specials.The all old world wine list offers many Spanish and French wines, plus selections from Portugal, Italy and other parts of the Mediterranean. FINO full bar offers Specialty Cocktails, nightly happy hour specials & seasonal house Sangria, by the glass or pitcher. Inside detailed lighting dictates the ambiance for a festive bar scene & intimate dining. Patio dining features a smoking area & heaters for those occasionally cooler Austin nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (26)special occasion (25)romantic (22)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (18)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We've had two experiences at Fino's in the past few months in which we entertained out-of-town company. It's out of downtown, sophisticated menu, good wine; great place to settle for an evening of catch-up. Friends from NCY and North Carolina loved it! Great service, good food, relaxed, fun.Special Features:
- Great Tapas & Service612WhereAreYouVIPDined on 10/4/2014Come here on an empty stomach and you'll leave pleasantly full and happy. I came in a group of 3 and we share a handful of 'small plates' in addition to tapas. All were very well portioned (small plates were quite bigger than expected) and satisfying. Nothing we had went unfinished. Great service across the entire team - beverage delivery, wine, water, plates cleared... all well done. Would definitely come back. Probably best for a group of 3+ as it is definitely a place you'd want to share due to the menu options, but can be done with 2 people.Special Features:
- Wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Expensive wine list for a neighborhood restaurant.
- Wonderful PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Fino's patio is a perfect spot for a casual after-work meal. The service is quite accommodating, with our server helpful at helping us gauge the number of small plates and appetizer selections we chose to fill the two of us and our 12-year-old daughter. The anchovy-stuff fried olives and spanakopita were perfect snacks while we perused the menu for the rest of our selections. Falafel is best in town; tomato and burrata salad also memorable.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualChaseVIPDined on 10/3/2014Service and food were superb. Thank you for the great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic brunchezduzitVIPDined on 9/28/2014I make it a point to brunch at FINO every time I'm in Austin. My fav is the savory waffle with the fried quail on top and pepper syrup. incredibly tasty and the waffle is so light and fluffy. My husband loves the shrimp and grits. we also like to get the various tapas, esp the sardine stuffed fried olives and the pork pinchitos. the patio is lovely and it makes dining al fresco a joy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and uniqueLoloDined on 9/23/2014We tasted several items from their appetizer menu and then enjoyed the seafood paella. Each dish was prepared and presented with care. The menu offers unique items with flavor profiles that seem genuine to the culture they represent. This is sophisticated dining in a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. I would describe the flavors as being authentically Portuguese and Middle Eastern. Think saffron, anchovies, olives, seafood, etc. As someone who loves to cook, I appreciate dining out at a place that challenges and broadens my palate. Very nice evening. We will go back again. This is far away from a cookie-cutter restaurant and menu! I felt like I'd enjoyed an evening in old town Lisbon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Those Who LunchVlySummitVIPDined on 9/22/2014As ever, a lovely corner to lunch in and to talk with friends--and hear them and they can hear you. Good food, good atmosphere.Special Features:
- brunch partysweettoothDined on 9/21/2014I had a Sunday morning brunch party for my daughter. I brought flowers, favors, and special napkins. The server helped me with everything and consulted with me about drinks and starters. She recommended mimosas with a variety of fruit juices for the table. Everyone really enjoyed that. Each person could order individually and all the food came out within a fairly short time so no one had to wait very long before everybody was served or the food became cold. Water and champagne glasses were filled consistently. We all loved our food. The fried quail (with waffles) was hot and crisp. Shrimp and grits were highly complimented. We had three orders of the manchego biscuits with jam before our meal arrived, a must have!Special Features:
- Always good!MichaelBKVIPDined on 9/19/2014Excellent drinks, wine list and great innovative Mediterranean food. Always good to find whether hungry or just a snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!PipertipperVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great food and great service. Have been here for lunch, happy hour and dinner-- all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Went here with some friends and had a great Sunday brunch! Drinks, food, and service were all great. I would for sure go back for brunch, and would like to try it for Lunch or Dinner. Highlights were the Fried Goat Cheese and the Manchego Biscuits for food and both the Pomegranate Mimosas and Grapefruit Mimosas were delicious!Special Features:
- WonderfulDavidSDined on 8/23/2014Food was great. Service amazing. Really impressed with drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all aroundjanrDined on 8/16/2014Have not been here in about a year. I am not sure why as it has outstanding food and you are well taken care of. I will be returning often.Special Features:
- Everyone had a great time!JaneneDined on 8/11/2014Hadn't been for 10+ years since I had moved overseas for a time. Took a group of colleagues from work visiting from New York and locals. Food was delicious and everyone had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paella Yum!tryingbrunchspotsDined on 7/29/2014The food was wonderful. The paella was pretty authentic minus the large amount of aioli. Our waiter was helpful and informative.Special Features:
- A bit pricey but VERY good food!joepaultxDined on 7/25/2014My girlfriend and I came for dinner on a Friday night and got a candle lit table right away. We ordered 3 tapas and 3 small plates. What's nice is that they asked if we wanted to course it out meaning they brought out 1 thing at a time so we could really enjoy everything. The small plates were great but I would recommend more than 1 per person since it's a small serving. All in all it was a very nice, quiet and enjoyable Friday night dinner experience. I would recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could be betterlocaleaterDined on 7/25/2014Earlier in the week we dined at Apocathery and the food was great. Fino was decent, we had the goat cheese, spanikopata, shrimp, mussels and a bottle of wine, but nothing memorable.Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner on PatioVisitingSFDined on 7/18/2014Server was very accommodating of modification to dishes to make them vegan for me. Great food and great service on a perfect night to sit on their lovely outdoor patio on a romantic date night with my husband. This is why I love this place.Special Features:
- Everything but paellaFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Ambience was very nice and service was quite good. All the plates we ordered were interesting and tasty with the exception of the paella. I have had paella many times, including in Spain, and this recipe was quite different and we really didn't like it. Plus, it was much too salty. But, since everything else was so good, I wouldn't want to discourage others from going there and trying the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden-gem north of DowntownGlobetrekkrDined on 7/6/2014We have had 2 meals @ FINO; Dinner, and 2 wks later, brunch. First, both meals were excellent! The only downside was at the BRUNCH, our server, although helpful, did not exude much personality or enthusiasm, but was competent in her duties. The menu both times is along the lines of "TAPAS", and also other "small plates" and a limited selection of "entree" meals. The octopus/pork belly, superb, along with a spicy-humus. For brunch, I tried the pork, which is quite spicy, with a full egg on top, again very tasty. The peach tart for dessert is excellent, and also the rosemary-ice cream. If you want something "different" and on the adventurous side with your food, and like the fun of sharing/tasting DEFINITELY TRY FINO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty MediterraneanhungrydinersDined on 6/28/2014Excellent food, best was pork belly with octopus, great variety of small plates, moderately priced, pleasant friendly wait staff. gladly will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 607 reviews are from the FINO Restaurant Patio & Bar reviews archive.
- Great Father's Day!Bevo62Dined on 6/15/2014Had a great Father's Day brunch with the family on the outside patio. Service was great, drinks were really good, and food was relatively priced.Special Features:
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014There were seven in our party. The food presentation for each of us was gorgeous. Each item on the menu was unique and fully described. Everyone's food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CraigDined on 6/11/2014Service was terrific; accommodating and prompt. Food was very good a s usual.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014Paella was great. The Rioja rose was a great match.Special Features:
- Great FindKristieDined on 6/6/2014We had a very nice dinner at Fino two weeks ago. We enjoyed the quiet table outside with a nice breeze outside. Our meal started with hummus and the pork pinchitos tapas. Both were very good. We shared two additional small plates that were on the specialty menu. One was a shrimp special and the other was short ribs. They were the highlight for me. Great drinks on happy hour too. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/1/2014We had a group of 7 for brunch. Service was great and food was greater. They even gave us their recipe for Sangria!Special Features:
- New favorite restaurant in town!EdwinLandDined on 5/30/2014Really great food. The seafood and saffron paella was delicious, the mussels were the most tender and flavorful I have ever had and the corn mousse dessert was incredible. Loved the brussels sprouts too!Special Features:
- A Very Enjoyable MealBrowner56VIPDined on 5/20/2014My wife and I have had several good experiences dining at Fino in the past, so we did not hesitate to book a table when our son came to town unexpectedly for the night. We split a paella for three people and had some other small plates, such as the grilled octopus and pork belly, for starters. The food was creative and excellent while the service was prompt and efficient. Our only regret is that we could not be seated outside on the patio on what turned out to be a lovely evening. We will happily return to Fino in the near future.Special Features:
- Food of all sizes!StephVIPDined on 5/17/2014We ordered tapas, small plates and the seafood paella for three people and were not disappointed. All of the food was great, especially the shrimp small plate. I've been to FINO before, but I hadn't had the paella. It was really delicious, and a great solution if someone in the group doesn't like to share food.Special Features:
- Need to revamp menueLookingforspanishfoodDined on 5/10/2014WE have been in Fino quite a few times but the menu is getting old. With new Spanish tapas restaurants in Austin there are more choices. We tried almost all the menu items....what is next?Special Features:
- Like being in EuropeVlySummitVIPDined on 5/9/2014Good food, conversation uninterrupted, and we could hear each other. It was the perfect spot.Special Features:
- Innovative MediterraneanaustinnativeDined on 5/4/2014A late spring supper on the porch at Fino's is a delightful diversion, an excuse to ignore the ominous mid-afternoon signs that: summer is coming. The regular menu is always delicious, but the specials are outstanding. This meal started with a perfectly made house cocktail from the seasonal menu. The light rhum punch was cheerful, not overpowering. A simple, fresh, sweet artichoke with gremolata and browned butter was the tapa, followed by a small plate of snapper tartare that was inspired. The pristine flavors of fish, shellfish and sea vegetables with a froth of saffron sauce and chive buds were delicately, but unpretentiously, arranged. Vanilla yoghurt panna cotta was a sweet-tart finish. The staff at Fino's is outstanding. Thanks!Special Features:
- Added Fino to my favoritesjaneDined on 5/2/2014We had a great experience. I thought the "outdoor" setting was wonderful. Service was attentive and very helpful. I had the salmon (small plate). It had so many flavors and was perfectly cooked. Here is the case for less food but more taste. My partner had the divers scallops and was not as pleased but said it was still good. We had the trio for dessert, sorbet and two ice creams. Light, divine but not too much in quantity. It was a perfect ending. We will be back....we loved it. JaneSpecial Features:
- Great!JlevineDined on 4/28/2014Delicious Food. The paella is a must try! Make sure to take advantage of their half off paella on Tuesdays! Overall, everything was fresh. Great, cute locationSpecial Features:
- Very pleasant dining experienceBdaytreatDined on 4/26/2014Came with my family to celebrate my birthday. Wanted outdoor dining without uncomfortable heat -- the breeze on the patio was perfect on a very warm evening. We tried 5-6 small plates and salads. The brussel sprouts were incredible, the pomegranate infused hummus was delightful, we "fought over" the blistered peppers! The family shared both styles of paella with high praise. I had the vegetable fideo which arrived in a skillet drizzled with a delicate sauce. I only regret we declined to sample the enticing desserts since my daughter made one for me. Sent from my iPhoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- innovative brunchezduzitVIPDined on 4/20/2014We chose FINO for Easter brunch. The menu was varied and creative. This was a group brunch and everyone loved their dish and appetizers. I had the waffle with fried quail and fired egg on top. I could have ordered two! And I was surprised at how tasty the anchovy stuffed olives were. The restaurant is fresh and open inside and has a very nice outdoor space as well. I used to eat at the location long ago when it was the Granite Cafe.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchDineoutDined on 4/13/2014Fino's has a good brunch! I loved the Shrimp and grits, the Frittata was a bit plain, the salmon and scrambled eggs were said to be good. The salmon is mixed into the eggs not separate as thought. If you are very hungry, order a side with your salmon and eggs or your frittata. We had Manchego biscuits and they were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Gluten FreenonicknameVIPDined on 4/12/2014There were 7 of us at the table, 4 of us gluten-free diners. It was a rare treat to be able to order food for 7 and have everything on the table be gluten free. We could all share everything. Thank you, FINO. It's worth a trip to Austin to dine there.I would recommend this to a friend.