Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072243663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - half hour before park closes.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Howard Morris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every day. Request your favorite song and enjoy the fun pub music
- Cross Street: Universal Studios Florida
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida
Finnegan"s Irish Pub and Restaurant located in Universal Studios, Orlando. Featuring authentic Irish and American cuisine and draught beers with full liquor bar. Live Entertainment every afternoon and Happy Hour offers daily(excluding special event dates) Serving lunch and dinner from 11am until a half hour before the park closes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (72)kid-friendly (47)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (23)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)special occasion (7)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Excellent food/ relaxing settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We wanted a sit-down lunch so we made reservations while in line for a ride. The timing was perfect and we only waited about 5 minutes for a table. The staff was very attentive and the good was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The problem with our Reservation..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I reserved a lunch table for 5 people several months in advance of our arrival. We checked in a couple of minutes ahead of time. We ended up waiting nearly 20 minutes before getting seated. The real aggravating part is that we waited just as long as walk-ins and ended up getting squeezed into a 4 person table just the same. I don't like paying resort prices for food when I feel like I'm being treated worse than the neighborhood TGI Fridays!! I have had over 100 dining experiences over the years at Walt Disney World and every experience there has been first rate including gluten free accommodation for my son. Universal may have Harry Potter, but Disney is still King!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Icky.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014An oddly arrange restaurant in the middle of a theme park, it has multiple entry doors, but only one with a hostess stand. So once someone realizes you want to eat you'll be directed to the hostess stand if you enter one of the other doors. Basic (read: fish and chips) were "ok" per my friends, but the bangers and mash was just gross. The beer flights are fine and you get a little souvenir glass out of it. Service was ok for a theme park, with a long wait between ordering and getting food - but that's common in a theme park. Food was just generally greasy, sort of bland, and not worth the price hike for a theme park establishment. Stick to the fish and chips.
- Great food, cocktails and service!CraigPDined on 10/12/2014Some friends and I passed the time between close of park and start of Halloween Horror Nights here. The food was wonderful and the cocktails delicious. There was also a nice array of beers on tap, including Strongbow cider for those who are not fond of normal beer. Service was excellent, as well. This was a great way to unwind after the park and get recharged for our Halloween Horror Nights fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish PubNYCFoodyVIPDined on 10/11/2014You must make reservations for good restaurants! We were seated promptly upon our arrival. It did take over an hour from beginning to end, but just sit back and enjoy the a/c. We indulged in the onion web. My cholesterol went up but it was worth it. Everyone ordered burgers and they were very good. Our server was very attentive filling our sweet tea every moment he could. The atmosphere is a true Irish Pub. Great place in the middle of Universal Studios.Special Features:
- great for HHN, too loudSmokeeJoeDined on 10/9/2014We were there on Oct 9 for dinner before HHN. Food was pretty good, service tried to be fast but we wanted to kill time so our waitress left us alone until we were ready. The one really bad thing was the guitarist who was playing was way too loud for the small space, so everyone had to yell to talk to each other. Takes a lot of energy out of people to have to do this to talk, plus he might have sounded better if he wasn't blasting his songs. And we were sitting right by the door into the bar, so we were pretty far away. Fiinegans should really look into keeping the volume a little lower so people can enjoy the music, food and conversation.
- RushedLuv2eatDined on 10/9/2014My food was great but we hadn't finished our starters before they brought out our main course so we all felt rushed and my husband just didn't enjoy meal because of thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horriblesarahhebethDined on 10/5/2014Food overpriced and disguting. Ended up drinking our diner. Waitress rushed us and was rude.
- Good food and prompt service.wdullaDined on 10/5/2014This Irish-American restaurant was everything we hoped it would be. When we arrived they seated us immediately and although the tables are close together the atmosphere was cozy and not claustrophobic. The server was very quick and pleasant. When the food came out we a were extremely happy. The Shepard pie was especially loved. The portions were very hearty so come hungry. They also have a nice beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finnegan's, Pleasant as AlwaysMarquibiriDinesDined on 10/4/2014With an amazing ambiance, as well as an amazing bar, stocked with some of the finest beer selections available within Universal Studios theme park, you could never go wrong. The pasti and egg appetizers were fantastic! The Dublin Chicken Sandwich was thumbs up also. It is certainly one of the top dining locations within the entire Universal compound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for theme park diningSusanWDined on 10/2/2014We enjoyed eating and hanging out at Finnegan's before the Halloween Horror Nights. There was live music, and our service was great, with a very friendly server, Juan (who wore the name tag Savannah, just for fun). The atmosphere was vibrant and full of energy. Food was typical pub grub, unique for a theme park (shepherds pie, fish and chips, etc). We enjoyed our visit.
- SolidDoraAreGamesDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I come here every Sunday during Halloween Horror Nights and make sure to get a reservation. The food is solid, mostly, though with a few caveats. The wings are really, REALLY greasy and soggy with a sauce that tastes more like ketchup than anything else, and the chicken stingers, which I used to like, have gone the same way. The burgers are pretty basic, if a good value, and the potato-onion web is much better than the fries. The problem is that during HHN the place gets SLAMMED, and you can wait a long time for refills, and even have food arrive cold. It's a good place on average, just hit and miss. Drinks are generous, and the specialty cocktails are very tasty.Special Features:
- Fun place!! Live music too!kerryvDined on 9/28/2014We dine here every year before we go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights! Such a fun place with good food, good drinks and live music! The staff is very friendly and the place has a really good vibe about it. The best part is the HHN staff comes into the restaurant and hands out the wristbands for the event so there's no rushing around trying to beat the crowds into the park! Love Finnegan's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finnegan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great spot to sit and relax in Universal Studio's prior to attending Halloween Horror NightsSpecial Features:
- Best Place in Universal!llafortuneDined on 9/27/2014Finnegan's inside Universal Studios is absolutely the best place to eat! We go there every time we are at the park, usually several days in a row! The food is fantastic and we always receive excellent customer service. Definitely highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mongooseDined on 9/27/2014We love this place! Every year we make reservations before certain events. We love the food and the atmosphere!! One word, perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for Theme ParkKathyDined on 9/27/2014Finnegan's is a must-do at Universal Orlando! Great food, great atmosphere, great service and good prices. Irish-themed restaurant with a full bar and music. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner before HHN!MikeDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time eating here, we had booked a 4pm reservation before HHN and I'm really happy we did. Nadine was great, very friendly! There was a brief disruption where we had to leave the building but it was no more than 10 min and since our apps were cold when we got back she offered to remove them without us saying anything, very nice! It took a little bit for the kitchen to get back on track but Nadine kept us updated during the wait and honestly it didn't take that long. Food was very good and we will be back for sure!
- Really good choiceplutotekDined on 9/25/2014Made sure I had reservations here as we were visiting Halloween Horror Nights 24. Allowed us to relax w/o having to worry about the crowds milling around in the holding area, and gave our feet a rest. I would probably make it for half an hour earlier next time, just to make sure we could make the HHN early openings.Special Features:
- Restaurant within UniversalCarolDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is within Universal Studios Florida. It is a great place to sit, get out of the sun and heat and enjoy a meal. Noise level and energy level is high. Since it is within the area that is used to hold people staying for Halloween Horror Night it is a great place to have a meal before the event starts. Service was great and our server wonderful. We did not want to rush and she spaced the meal perfectly.lSpecial Features:
- Great Experience!SoupNaziDined on 9/22/2014Finnegan's food was superb. The wait staff were friendly. The atmosphere was awesome, from the decor to the live singer!Special Features:
- JuliDined on 9/21/2014All very good, with the exception of juice ananas and torango. Has a very strong taste, worse than lemon. And the waiters could not explain what is torango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Finnegans has excellent food and drinks. They are kid friendly. They have a great wait staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish PubAlwaysfunDined on 9/10/2014Went for lunch at noon. Early, so no wait for our table. There is a classic bar. We sat in dining area. They have classic Irish beer as week as a few American beers on tap. Our waitress Liz, from Scotland, brought us a homemade bread with Apple butter which was warm and a nice start to our meal. We ordered the onion basket appetizer which was delicious. We tried the pea soup and the potato soups. Both were vey tasty. We shared the Irish Cobb salad. The house vinagarette complimented the salad well. The scotch egg was a unique addition. Overall we had a delicious meal and would go back again! A gem in universal studios park!!Special Features:
- Finnegan's fine food poor servicedisneydinersDined on 9/9/2014On our visit the restaurant was quite empty and we were sat straight away a singer was playing in the bar good atmosphere. The menu is good for most people and we ordered the scotch eggs to share they were great but while we were half way through our starter the mains were brought out which seemed they just wanted to finish early and clear our plates so we sent them back but they were cleaning up and didn't seem to keep seeing how we were. we then decided not to have a dessert due to the feeling of being forced to rushSpecial Features:
- TastyGirlTastyGirlVIPDined on 9/1/2014We love going to Finnigan's for lunch when we are at Universal Studios! The Onion&Potato Web is always a treat! This time we ordered the Fish& Chips and they were yummy as usual. Other things that we like are the Guinness Stew, Scotch Eggs, Wings and Reuben Sandwich! The beers are great and my favorite is a Half & Half. We also love the Soda Bread!Special Features:
- Great dining with minim disruptionHomeDined on 8/28/2014Lovely traditional food. Great service. Lovely ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet choiceDisneymaniaDined on 8/27/2014We arrived for our meal to a nearly empty restaurant, considering it was the end of August we were quite surprised. Nice Guinness stew for me but my DS wasn't keen on the burger which was well done.Special Features:
- Always good foodMrJoeDined on 8/22/2014Great food as always, Live music and good people at barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No blarney herebramptoncanuckDined on 8/21/2014Big food portions and quick service. Free bread was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Time Visitpapaeate2Dined on 8/16/2014I have been to Universal Studios in Orlando a good many times over the years but have never eaten at Finnegan's. During our most recent visit this August my wife and I decided to make reservations for Finnegan's restaurant. I'm glad we did, it has a great Irish Pub atmosphere, service was very good and the food as well as the selections that were available are among the very best in the parks and City Walk. I would definitely recommend it to anybody looking for good casual in park dining. When my wife and I return to Universal this coming December we will look forward to dining Finnegan's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CanadacathDined on 8/13/2014Great break from the park but it is very noisy! Our server Stan was awesome!!!! Had a Cobb salad which was very good but it was more than enough for two people"Special Features:
- Not impressedfrequentdinerDined on 8/10/2014We had made reservations and still had to wait to be seated when there were open tables. One of our meals was served cold (should have been hot) and had to send it back, service took a very long time to greet us and get our drinks and the food took a long time to get to us. The food was good tasting once it arrived at the correct temperature.Special Features:
- HorribleLove2travelDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is horrible. It is very loud. We had to ask to be moved because our table was one foot away from the live music area. When we sat down no one was there so we had no idea that music would be played at the time we were sat. My husband ordered a double crown and 7 in a short glass that came to the table with a "splash" of whiskey. The food had no flavor, the buns were twice the size to the meat in them. The service was "okay" once she finally came to the table. The appearance of the waitress was less than desirable as well. I will not eat here nor would ever recommend this restaurant to anyone. We were boned tired looking for rest and good food; this placed failed on all accounts!!!!
- The service was awful. The food tooParkerDined on 8/9/2014The service was awful. We were greeted by a cold and surly server who took our order with little communication. Our entrees (or what we thought were ours) arrived to our table early. We were confused but started eating. The server arrived a few moments later and told us "that's not your food. Why are you eating it." I told him that we assumed it was ours and that we were sorry. I asked him what we should do and he said "whatever, nothing" and walked away. The food we were served was nearly identical to our order (there were up charge differences added). The food was terrible - we had had better quick service food thus far In the parks! I was shocked when we received our bill that we had been charged for the up charges we never ordered.
- Finnegan's. Our choice at UniversalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We are dinner at Finnegan's. It was very loud because of the singer, who was very good. The food was very good and the best place for us at universal studiosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Find!GayleneDined on 8/6/2014We dined at Finnegan's while at Universal Studios Florida and had a wonderful meal. The waiter was completely wonderful, friendly, fast service, johnny-on-the-spot with anything that we would request. Beverages were refilled on a timely basis - especially water which we were in such need of since it was so hot outside. Food was really, really good. There were 5 adults in our party. We all ordered different items and all were wonderful. The price is reasonable too. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finnegan's 2014lotstoeatlittletimeDined on 8/6/2014We enjoyed our dining experience at Finnegan's. We ate there for lunch. My daughter ordered the beef stew and it was very good. I took a few tastes of that because I ordered the potato leek soup, which was also very good. My son ordered some chicken wings, but they were too hot (spicy) and my husband finished the rest of those and said they were good. If there were any problems at all I felt that the restraint might have been short staffed since the waitress we had seemed a little overwhelmed and even apologized to us (despite the fact that we didn't complain) and said that they oversat in her station and that she had 3 tables at once.
- Stevelaura14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014We had a great dinner here on August 4. Service was a little slow when we sat down but after that was great. Had a variety of meals from Bangers Mash to Kilkenny pot pie. All were delicious and plenty of food. The prices are right were they should be! Very happy with Finnegans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try It!triittodayDined on 8/4/2014Good food and friendly service. Be sure and get your reservation to have one meal here while in Universal Studios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.