Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 224-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - half hour before park closes.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Howard Morris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every day. Request your favorite song and enjoy the fun pub music
- Cross Street: Universal Studios Florida
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida
Finnegan"s Irish Pub and Restaurant located in Universal Studios, Orlando. Featuring authentic Irish and American cuisine and draught beers with full liquor bar. Live Entertainment every afternoon and Happy Hour offers daily(excluding special event dates) Serving lunch and dinner from 11am until a half hour before the park closes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Finnegan's at Universal Studios Florida reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (71)good for groups (38)kid-friendly (34)vibrant bar scene (33)fit for foodies (22)hot spot (20)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (11)special occasion (10)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- The service was brilliant. Food was delicious.VicschickDined on 11/15/2014There was 5 people in our party. We booked which was just as well because it was full. We chose finnegans from the reviews we had read. The food is outstanding. Good choice on the menu. Big portions. Delicious. Our waitress was lovely very friendly, very attentive, helped us choose what to eat. I would recommend finnegans we will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful food and serviceSteveDined on 11/14/2014Went to Finnegens in November. Wife's meal had mashed potatoes which were almost certainly dehydrated potatoes reconstituted with water. Whole meal was straight off the Sysco truck. Ugh. Waitress was condescending and slow.
- Not so Irish!MaggieDined on 11/14/2014We came to Finnegan's for the Irish food and atmosphere but we did not get either. In fact, there was a "reggae" man playing old guitar songs (?) What was that about? I had the fish and chips and they were soggy !! Very disappointed.
- ManicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014I have been to finnigans a few times over the year, but the success of the restaurant is becoming its downfall. Service is slow, noise is extremely loud, seating is compact. From all the things I feel service is the key factor, long wait to get drinks, which where incorrect, long wait to order and then for food to arrive. They either need to expand, or hire more people. DissapontedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quiet comfortable lunch spotCarlosDined on 11/12/2014Wife and I enjoyed lunch. Server was great and food was good. We don't expect 5-star food at a theme park so good is about as good as it gets. Overall an enjoyable lunch and we were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotlovetoeatDined on 11/2/2014Great ambiance, very good service. Fun atmosphere, good live music. Food was ok, fish and chips were a little greasy. Irish soda bread and apple butter were delish.....Special Features:
- Halloween Horror NightsATLFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Great spot to wait out the hold-over between the park closing and HHN opening. Food was ok, service was good. Staff was very helpful and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placefood2loveDined on 11/1/2014Wonderful place to eat and get out of the heat the Irish pup feel adds to the experience. The staff was friendly and efficient. I had the fish and chips and I have to say it was the best I have ever had my daughter had the chicken sandwich and it was gone before I was finished my fist piece of fish I think that speaks for it self. I wish I had more time to go back and try more items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great Pub, Restaurant & ServiceBizguyehDined on 10/29/2014Had the Celtic Chicken Club Salad... Absolutely packed with goodies, including chicken and bacon. Huge salad and great to share or for one hungry person. Had mine with blue cheese dressing, which was perfect. Several large pieces of blues cheese in the dressing, which was a nice treat and such a relief over bottled dressing typically served elsewhere. We were seated near the musician, which might be a bit loud for a large group or family if you want to chat. Lots of quieter spots available includes lots of bar space with stools. Great bar staff along with fast, friendly service. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Halloween Horror Night visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Our party of five ate dinner at Finnegan's on the evening we were to stay for HHN at Universal. The food was decent bar food, at least what we selected. Service was prompt and our server gave us valuable information on the lay out of the event and suggestions for how to navigate the park. All in all it was an excellent choice for the evening.Special Features:
- Excellent food/ relaxing settingIcemanDined on 10/18/2014We wanted a sit-down lunch so we made reservations while in line for a ride. The timing was perfect and we only waited about 5 minutes for a table. The staff was very attentive and the good was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The problem with our Reservation..BrotherJJDined on 10/18/2014I reserved a lunch table for 5 people several months in advance of our arrival. We checked in a couple of minutes ahead of time. We ended up waiting nearly 20 minutes before getting seated. The real aggravating part is that we waited just as long as walk-ins and ended up getting squeezed into a 4 person table just the same. I don't like paying resort prices for food when I feel like I'm being treated worse than the neighborhood TGI Fridays!! I have had over 100 dining experiences over the years at Walt Disney World and every experience there has been first rate including gluten free accommodation for my son. Universal may have Harry Potter, but Disney is still King!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Icky.SirDinesAlotDined on 10/18/2014An oddly arrange restaurant in the middle of a theme park, it has multiple entry doors, but only one with a hostess stand. So once someone realizes you want to eat you'll be directed to the hostess stand if you enter one of the other doors. Basic (read: fish and chips) were "ok" per my friends, but the bangers and mash was just gross. The beer flights are fine and you get a little souvenir glass out of it. Service was ok for a theme park, with a long wait between ordering and getting food - but that's common in a theme park. Food was just generally greasy, sort of bland, and not worth the price hike for a theme park establishment. Stick to the fish and chips.
- Great food, cocktails and service!CraigPDined on 10/12/2014Some friends and I passed the time between close of park and start of Halloween Horror Nights here. The food was wonderful and the cocktails delicious. There was also a nice array of beers on tap, including Strongbow cider for those who are not fond of normal beer. Service was excellent, as well. This was a great way to unwind after the park and get recharged for our Halloween Horror Nights fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish PubNYCFoodyVIPDined on 10/11/2014You must make reservations for good restaurants! We were seated promptly upon our arrival. It did take over an hour from beginning to end, but just sit back and enjoy the a/c. We indulged in the onion web. My cholesterol went up but it was worth it. Everyone ordered burgers and they were very good. Our server was very attentive filling our sweet tea every moment he could. The atmosphere is a true Irish Pub. Great place in the middle of Universal Studios.Special Features:
- great for HHN, too loudSmokeeJoeDined on 10/9/2014We were there on Oct 9 for dinner before HHN. Food was pretty good, service tried to be fast but we wanted to kill time so our waitress left us alone until we were ready. The one really bad thing was the guitarist who was playing was way too loud for the small space, so everyone had to yell to talk to each other. Takes a lot of energy out of people to have to do this to talk, plus he might have sounded better if he wasn't blasting his songs. And we were sitting right by the door into the bar, so we were pretty far away. Fiinegans should really look into keeping the volume a little lower so people can enjoy the music, food and conversation.
- RushedLuv2eatDined on 10/9/2014My food was great but we hadn't finished our starters before they brought out our main course so we all felt rushed and my husband just didn't enjoy meal because of thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgesDined on 10/6/2014We wanted to make a reservation at a Universal theme park to rest from rides and take a break. There are only two options, I believe. The food was only fair: chicken pot pie was rather bland, fish and ships a bit too much on the oily side and sheperd pie obviously not kept long enough in the microwave. Service was a bit slow and the restaurant is not as clean as it could be. However location is really good, in the middle of everything and across from the Blues Brothers show which we all enjoyed.Special Features:
- horriblesarahhebethDined on 10/5/2014Food overpriced and disguting. Ended up drinking our diner. Waitress rushed us and was rude.
- Good food and prompt service.wdullaDined on 10/5/2014This Irish-American restaurant was everything we hoped it would be. When we arrived they seated us immediately and although the tables are close together the atmosphere was cozy and not claustrophobic. The server was very quick and pleasant. When the food came out we a were extremely happy. The Shepard pie was especially loved. The portions were very hearty so come hungry. They also have a nice beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finnegan's, Pleasant as AlwaysMarquibiriDinesDined on 10/4/2014With an amazing ambiance, as well as an amazing bar, stocked with some of the finest beer selections available within Universal Studios theme park, you could never go wrong. The pasti and egg appetizers were fantastic! The Dublin Chicken Sandwich was thumbs up also. It is certainly one of the top dining locations within the entire Universal compound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option for theme park diningSusanWDined on 10/2/2014We enjoyed eating and hanging out at Finnegan's before the Halloween Horror Nights. There was live music, and our service was great, with a very friendly server, Juan (who wore the name tag Savannah, just for fun). The atmosphere was vibrant and full of energy. Food was typical pub grub, unique for a theme park (shepherds pie, fish and chips, etc). We enjoyed our visit.
- SolidDoraAreGamesDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I come here every Sunday during Halloween Horror Nights and make sure to get a reservation. The food is solid, mostly, though with a few caveats. The wings are really, REALLY greasy and soggy with a sauce that tastes more like ketchup than anything else, and the chicken stingers, which I used to like, have gone the same way. The burgers are pretty basic, if a good value, and the potato-onion web is much better than the fries. The problem is that during HHN the place gets SLAMMED, and you can wait a long time for refills, and even have food arrive cold. It's a good place on average, just hit and miss. Drinks are generous, and the specialty cocktails are very tasty.Special Features:
- Fun place!! Live music too!kerryvDined on 9/28/2014We dine here every year before we go to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights! Such a fun place with good food, good drinks and live music! The staff is very friendly and the place has a really good vibe about it. The best part is the HHN staff comes into the restaurant and hands out the wristbands for the event so there's no rushing around trying to beat the crowds into the park! Love Finnegan's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finnegan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great spot to sit and relax in Universal Studio's prior to attending Halloween Horror NightsSpecial Features:
- Best Place in Universal!llafortuneDined on 9/27/2014Finnegan's inside Universal Studios is absolutely the best place to eat! We go there every time we are at the park, usually several days in a row! The food is fantastic and we always receive excellent customer service. Definitely highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mongooseDined on 9/27/2014We love this place! Every year we make reservations before certain events. We love the food and the atmosphere!! One word, perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food for Theme ParkKathyDined on 9/27/2014Finnegan's is a must-do at Universal Orlando! Great food, great atmosphere, great service and good prices. Irish-themed restaurant with a full bar and music. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner before HHN!MikeDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time eating here, we had booked a 4pm reservation before HHN and I'm really happy we did. Nadine was great, very friendly! There was a brief disruption where we had to leave the building but it was no more than 10 min and since our apps were cold when we got back she offered to remove them without us saying anything, very nice! It took a little bit for the kitchen to get back on track but Nadine kept us updated during the wait and honestly it didn't take that long. Food was very good and we will be back for sure!
- Really good choiceplutotekDined on 9/25/2014Made sure I had reservations here as we were visiting Halloween Horror Nights 24. Allowed us to relax w/o having to worry about the crowds milling around in the holding area, and gave our feet a rest. I would probably make it for half an hour earlier next time, just to make sure we could make the HHN early openings.Special Features:
- Restaurant within UniversalCarolDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is within Universal Studios Florida. It is a great place to sit, get out of the sun and heat and enjoy a meal. Noise level and energy level is high. Since it is within the area that is used to hold people staying for Halloween Horror Night it is a great place to have a meal before the event starts. Service was great and our server wonderful. We did not want to rush and she spaced the meal perfectly.lSpecial Features:
- Great Experience!SoupNaziDined on 9/22/2014Finnegan's food was superb. The wait staff were friendly. The atmosphere was awesome, from the decor to the live singer!Special Features:
- JuliDined on 9/21/2014All very good, with the exception of juice ananas and torango. Has a very strong taste, worse than lemon. And the waiters could not explain what is torango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Finnegans has excellent food and drinks. They are kid friendly. They have a great wait staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish PubAlwaysfunDined on 9/10/2014Went for lunch at noon. Early, so no wait for our table. There is a classic bar. We sat in dining area. They have classic Irish beer as week as a few American beers on tap. Our waitress Liz, from Scotland, brought us a homemade bread with Apple butter which was warm and a nice start to our meal. We ordered the onion basket appetizer which was delicious. We tried the pea soup and the potato soups. Both were vey tasty. We shared the Irish Cobb salad. The house vinagarette complimented the salad well. The scotch egg was a unique addition. Overall we had a delicious meal and would go back again! A gem in universal studios park!!Special Features:
- Finnegan's fine food poor servicedisneydinersDined on 9/9/2014On our visit the restaurant was quite empty and we were sat straight away a singer was playing in the bar good atmosphere. The menu is good for most people and we ordered the scotch eggs to share they were great but while we were half way through our starter the mains were brought out which seemed they just wanted to finish early and clear our plates so we sent them back but they were cleaning up and didn't seem to keep seeing how we were. we then decided not to have a dessert due to the feeling of being forced to rushSpecial Features:
- TastyGirlTastyGirlVIPDined on 9/1/2014We love going to Finnigan's for lunch when we are at Universal Studios! The Onion&Potato Web is always a treat! This time we ordered the Fish& Chips and they were yummy as usual. Other things that we like are the Guinness Stew, Scotch Eggs, Wings and Reuben Sandwich! The beers are great and my favorite is a Half & Half. We also love the Soda Bread!Special Features:
- Great dining with minim disruptionHomeDined on 8/28/2014Lovely traditional food. Great service. Lovely ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet choiceDisneymaniaDined on 8/27/2014We arrived for our meal to a nearly empty restaurant, considering it was the end of August we were quite surprised. Nice Guinness stew for me but my DS wasn't keen on the burger which was well done.Special Features:
- Always good foodMrJoeDined on 8/22/2014Great food as always, Live music and good people at barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.