Finn & Porter
ES Wahington DC
900 10th St. NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Finn & Porter
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2027191600x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily 11:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Friday and Saturday 12:00PM - 12:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Wakefield
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Finn & Porter
Finn & Porter is located in the Embassy Suites DC convention center right on the outskirts of downtown and Chinatown. We offer an ever changing seasonal menu of contemporary American cuisine that uses only the freshest local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Finn & Porter reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food, smooth service.TechDined on 5/31/2014The food was great. You have to try the bacon mac + cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 282 reviews are from the Finn & Porter reviews archive.
- nice restaurant in Embassy SuitesBobFromOhioVIPDined on 5/1/2014I ate at Finn & Porter on a recent trip to DC. Having been to a reception earlier, I didn't want a large meal so I just had the baked potato chowder and classic burger with french fries - both of which were very good. The restaurant is located in the Embassy Suites, has a nice decor and variety of table sizes, and is certainly convenient if you're staying at that hotel or nearby.
- OK.ChrisDined on 4/27/2014Food and atmosphere was OK. The food in not worth the price. Happy hour time-frame might be a better time for this place.
- Food was just okayFoodie1908Dined on 4/26/2014The service and ambiance were amazing. However, the food was inredibly subpar and lacked flavor and seasoning.Special Features:
- Fire fireHavesomeDined on 4/20/2014There was a fire alarm so we couldn't eat. However we were treated promptly and the food that we saw others eat did look good. I will say that this is a hotel restaurant and there is nothing fancy or unique about the place. Just something to keep in mind when booking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st Birthday DinnerSadieDined on 4/12/2014I went with a huge group of housemates for dinner. The restaurant was fine, but not particularly outstanding. Speed dating was going on right behind our table, so that was a bit distracting. My co-worker found a hair in her pasta and the food was replaced but not comped, and the portion that they brought out for her replacement was half the size of the original. In all, the food was alright and the service was good, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a choice spot to eat out.
- Surprisingly GoodTimTDined on 4/4/2014We were skeptical because its in a chain hotel but everything was exceptionally good. Try the brussel sprouts and make sure you save room for the chocolate dome dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only had drinks and appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/4/2014Only had drinks and appetizers before our concert. It was good.
- Perfect Place for Meeting a FriendauntannieVIPDined on 2/20/2014A friend ws staying in the hotel and this was a perfect place for having dinner together. Good selection on menu. Quiet. Excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad Valentine's DayDMLDVIPDined on 2/14/2014We took a chance and went out for Valentine's Day. This was a great let down. From the hostess to the busboy the service was HORRIBLE. We will never return.
- Mother said....RoadWarrior45VIPDined on 2/1/2014"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it."
- Finn & Porter is OK74umgradDined on 1/25/2014If you're in the neighborhood, by all means stop in. the Maryland crabcake was excellent, and my wife enjoyed her beet salad. The apple pie desert we shared was disappointing....seemed like a Tastycake was tossed in the microwave. Service was attentive. My major quibble, not likely to happen to other diners, was that we were there relatively early in the evening, with many open tables, and we were seated immediately next to a group of a half-dozen very young women celebrating a night out. As the evening wore on, the decibel level increased. I'm not sure why restaurants seat diners next to each other early in the evening when it's unnecessary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmoshphere Great, Average FoodAntdinesDined on 1/24/2014Server was awesome. Food was average. I would definitely go back again. Nice date spot.Special Features:
- Good venue before VerizonFabulous2dineVIPDined on 12/28/2013On our way to Verizon Center with Grandchildren and this was a decent restaurant to take them before Wizards game.Special Features:
- Good before the game!CapsFan25VIPDined on 12/21/2013Tried an alternate pre-game location -- away from the crowds, it worked well! Gotta love the special tater tots app!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The greatest.BB30Dined on 12/15/2013Great food. Great drinks. Great staff. Perfect for meeting with client.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found youNattyPatDined on 11/12/2013We didn't know there was a hockey game scheduled. Never imagined that a reservation for 8 would be a challenge in walking distance from our office on a Tuesday. We were "just" excited to sit together. But it was a great find. I think the "foodies" would have liked a more expansive wine list, but everyone enjoyed the apps and their entrees. Volume in the restaurant was perfect for conversation and a good time was had by all. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SlowmnipockDined on 10/28/2013It took over 45 minutes to get our order and the lunch was over 2 hours long. There were times when I could not find the waiter for any update on my food. My glass sat empty and the food was "okay."
- The Greatest!BB30Dined on 10/25/2013Food is really great! Staff are so friendly and helpful. Dining in Finn & porter is the best. I will bring my family and friends next week to have dinner. Thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK place to eatdcvisitorDined on 9/17/2013Ate at Finn & Porter this week. The service was quite slow for our small group of six. While the food itself was fine, there was very limited selection. The decor was alright and there was nothing particularly terrible about the visit, but we all agreed that we would not go back again.
- Disappointment at its greatestThomasSRDined on 8/18/2013Tables for 24 were set in the middle of traffic thoroughfare. Very poor service, half our orders were filled the other half we had to seek. This included, drinks, soups, diners and desserts. Ambiance was NOT. Other dinners appeared to have some of the same difficulties as we experienced, i.e. wrong orders served, delays, etc. Bills were a total mess. I do not recommend this location to any one for anything.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2013Perhaps I viewed the menu for the Finn & Porter in another city by mistake, so was surprised by the limited menu. From their website nothing prepared me for what was a very average hotel restaurant. We had planned a special occasion and were very disappointed. I had a thin steak and iceberg wedge. I could have done better at Applebees for a fraction of the price.Special Features:
- Downgraded menuWeeklyDinersDined on 8/3/2013Menu has been redone from a higher end selections to a more general main stream selections. Wine Spectator rated wine list was nothing to be amazed by. Noise level was quite loud.
- I hope this was just a flukeHerculesVIPDined on 7/25/2013Our service was slow, the food was awful, we had the beef slider Nacho's; there was little to no cheese on them and what was there was over cooked and dryed on. Then we tried the sliders which weren't much better. The restaurant wasn't crowded but our lunch took for ever. Clearly you all don't cater to the office workers in your area. We need to get in and out in less than an hour. I also ordered crab soup which was good but came with cilantro sprinkled all over it! Ughhhh! We had to ask multiple people and multiple times for different things. I can't say that I would return any time soon.
- We had some great MargaritafabfoodDined on 7/23/2013We had some great Margarita Flatbread with balsamic which we craved for days after... along with the Lump Crab Bisque. Both were Very very good!! Will be back when we are in DC.
- wonderful eveningmaf8Dined on 7/19/2013After a week of service work in DC, we just wanted a great steak and good service. We had both! Our server was attentive and the food excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced hotel restaurantDineDCerVIPDined on 7/16/2013Lacking ambiance, I felt deceived because we had no idea this was a hotel restaurant. My fault for not doing a lot more research. The food was ok, but way over-priced. Drinks were more expensive than many DC restaurants. For the $300 we spent for 3 people to eat and drink, I would have much preferred Ruth's Chris!
- MenuWonderfulDined on 7/14/2013Menu was not the same as it was on the App. Totally different and although the food was good it was not what I was looking forward to. Also it should be noted that this is a hotel restaurant.
- Somewhat DisappointedDST19132013Dined on 7/14/2013First time dining in DC location after dining many times in Alexandria location. Surprised by the sparse menu! Service was slow despite the limited number of diners (mostly sorority members) for a Sunday lunch.Special Features:
- Good venue for 4th of JulyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/4/2013Ate there before walking to the mall for the 4th of July celebration - it was a great way to start the event! Great for kids too!Special Features:
- late night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2013We checked into the hotel late Friday night and my son and I were starving, we decided to check out the hotel restaurant and was not disappointed at all. We had ministone soup and a salad and it was very good, the food came out very quick and definitely hit the spot. We sat in the dinning room with Stephen and he was excellent, very attentive and even though we were his last table we were treated like his first. He was able to give us tips on what to see and do in DC and made us feel right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/22/2013When I looked at the menu, I thought the prices looked good, but the portions are tiny and the food isn't anything special. Also, I given the name of the restaurant, I thought this would be a steak and seafood restaurant (a play on "fins" and porterhouse), but it's an Italian restaurant. Decent food, but nothing to write home about. Average for a hotel restaurant.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/22/2013We were staying in the hotel and were celebrating my 11 yr old grandaughters birthday. We had a 5pm reservation and were stuck in DC traffic for 2 hours. Moved our time up twice and ended up getting there 2 hours later before the Bruno Mars concert and had to eat quickly. I ordered our meal and explained to our server. The food was served within 10 minutes. All staff was attentive, courteous and we ended up coming back after the concert for a more relaxed late night snack and found the service to be the same excellence. The food was great and the service we received really started our night off perfectly after a stressful time getting to DC.Special Features:
- Disappointing Italian MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2013My dinner at Finn & Porter was disappointing. The kitchen had run out of the flatbread pizza so I had to make do with 2 appetizers for my meal. The caprese salad was described as being made with teardrop tomatoes but it came out with just ordinary cherry tomatoes. The table bread was tasty but served in stingy portions.Special Features:
- The restaurant has changedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2013This restaurant was known for steaks and sushi. Neither is offered in the current menu. I ordered a steak medium rare and got a steak that was medium well. The staff was attentive and energetic but the food was disappointing at best.
- The night we were there weOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2013The night we were there we were one of only a handful of groups. Thus the ambiance was a bit off. The service and food were very good however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was attentive,KWhyDined on 4/26/2013The service was attentive, the portions were generous. The food was good but not great. I did find the waiter was helpful and accommodating with a substitution I wanted to make with my meal.
- Had a lovely late lunch followingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2013Had a lovely late lunch following the theater, food was wonderful, cocktails superb and service spectacular!Special Features:
- Delicious food, fast and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Delicious food, fast and friendly service, quiet atmosphere. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- The staff was very friendly.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/9/2013The staff was very friendly. Our waiter, Darrell, was friendly and attentive, with light conversation. The tables were spaced far enough apart that we didn't feel crowded at all. The food was very good. We had the appetizer sampler. The calamari was crisp and tender, not chewy. The pasta di mare was really good, as was the salmon. It's a nice gem by the Verizon Center, great for a preconcert dinner. We will return.Special Features: