1319 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.finemondo.com/
- Phone: 2027373100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Consuelo Molina
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The dining room has a cozy atmosphere with dark wood and glass panels. The restaurant seating is divided into four sections, offering private seating for large parties. The maximum seating in the main dining room is 120. A large private room accommodates 56 and a small private room seat 16. The bar lounge is very large and can seat 70, but can hold up to 130 standing.
- Private Party Facilities: Finemondo is a restaurant with 4 distinct areas available for private dining and/or receptions. We have dining areas able to accommodate seated groups from as few as 4 to 130 and receptions up to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Najib Khaldi 8886514805
- Entertainment: Saturday Night Special - Every bottle on our wine list 25%OFF (select wines 50% OFF)
Happy Hour Food and Drink Specials Monday - Friday, 5pm-7pm
$5.00 Black Cherry Cosmo/Apple Cider Martini
$3.50 Beer and Wines by the glass
- Special Events: Finemondo's offers beautifuly decorated private and semi-private dining areas in an intimate and comfortable setting with a well equipped staff that is perfectly suited for all your event needs!
A word from Finemondo
Finemondo features Italian Country Kitchen dining in a comfortable environment.Chef Savino Recine has "returned back to basics", with Italian flavors and a refined touch; dishes such as OssoBuco are among the results. Make sure not to miss homemade desserts, with selections such as il tiramisu and frutti di bosco.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Finemondo reviews from OpenTable diners
- out of businessleftieVIPDined on 6/13/2014you missed the fact that this restaurant closed, instead of notifying me
- It's NOT There!washungryDined on 6/7/2014Despite a confirmation email from OpenTable the day before our reservation,the restaurant WAS NOT THERE! Based of the construction going on, it had not been there for quite a while. Moreover, a week later, OpenTable still doesn't know that it's gone, despite me sending them a note telling them so.
- CLOSED - PLEASE REMOVEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2014THIS RESTAURANT IS CLOSED - YOU SHOULD REMOVE IT FROM YOUR RESERVATIONS SYSTEM!!!!
- Surprise!scottyDined on 5/23/2014Walked up to the restaurant to discover it has gone out of business!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/22/2014Restaurant was closed for renovations when we got there - hand printed sign in the window said "reopening soon"
- Great food Great ServiceEnzymeDined on 5/17/2014We came here after having the Harrington not be able to take a party of 8 with one being an 18 month old. It was a great choice. Our server was great and very knowledgeable. He gave great recommendations. The food was amazing. The wine was good. Overall this was a great place to eat and on another trip to DC I am very likely going to go back again.Special Features:
- Dependable dining spotSkyprinceDined on 5/15/2014The one thing about Finemondo, is that you know what to expect when you dine there. From the wait staff, to the quality of the food and the service, it is very dependable and you do not have to worry if it is your first lunch with a new boss or friend, or a group lunch for an important event. You cannot go wrong dining at Finemondo.Special Features:
- arunVIPDined on 5/13/2014they were very acommadating and let us split the dish between to veggie options to make a complete entree.Special Features:
- Upscale ItalianLynnDined on 5/8/2014I wanted typical red-sauce Italian food, you know, lasagna, ravioli, chicken parm, so when I read Finemondo's menu, it looked perfect. When the waiter took my order, I asked for the lasagna. We started with calamari, had a mixed-green salad and then the lasagna came. Hmmm... it didn't look like any lasagna I'd ever had. Where were the layers of pasta and cheese, with sauce in between. This was rather flat, like layers of crepes. Anyway, it was tasty, but not what I was expecting. A little too greasy. If you go there, know what you'll be getting - what I would call upscale Italian. P.S. my husband had the lamb shank and LOVED it.Special Features:
- Good standbydiscriminatingDined on 5/8/2014Finemondo serves consistently good food and has a wide selection of entrees. The service is attentive without being intrusive and the noise level is such that you can carry on a conversation with your dining companions without having to shout. This is a good spot for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Bad Service, Good EntréesPugopDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I thought we'd give this place a chance even with the bad reviews. Unfortunately we had the same horrible service as described by many others. Huge delays and the server never came by. Food dropped off was not what we ordered so we had to send it back. Bread was cold and stale. I finished my beer in a few minutes and not once was I ever asked if I wanted another. The entrées were actually pretty good but everything else including the desert, appetizers were sub-par.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014It was a quick meal! We are in and out of there in less than 30 minutes. The staff was literally running through the restaurant (don't try to go to the bathroom, you may get run over). We never received any bread and had to ask for the bill. We sat, finished eating for about 10 minutes. The food was very average - nothing special.
- A Great FindPabloFanqueDined on 4/25/2014The concierge at our hotel several blocks away sent us here, and we were so impressed the first time we came back again a week later. Food was exceptional both times, and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Finemondo is fine!kmcglohnDined on 4/25/2014We ate here recently before a theater show (the restaurant is within walking distance of both The Warner Theater and The National Theater) and enjoyed the food and wine. The only problem was our waiter who didn't listen carefully to my order and brought out Veal Parmesan rather than Veal Picatta and we didn't have time to re-order. We will definitely eat there again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceAriMVIPDined on 4/25/2014I love this restaurant for its fresh and delicious dishes. The servers seem to take turns with tables and need to be more observant for diners on a time crunch during lunch.Special Features:
- The Good and the BadIntelqubedVIPDined on 4/23/2014I love this place for lunch. I also hate this place for lunch. I will state that I come here because the food is really good. Regardless of what you order, the preparation is usually pretty good as it was on this visit. However, I do not believe that they have a system in place for ordering, waiting table, food delivery, etc. So we order two glasses of wine, an appetizer and lunch entrees. Well, our wine never arrived. Our appetizer did and was good. The original server never came back to check on us and the time between our appetizer and our entree was a little long to say the least. When he did finally come back to our table I mentioned that we never got our wine. He did apologize and was sincere. Of course, good entrees...Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014I was very happy with the overall experience at Finemondo the food and service were great and the staff were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously expensive!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014The restaurant is understaffed and the quality of the food is poor.
- Not leasurelyJeffDined on 4/5/2014If you are in a rush, this is the place for you. If you are looking to enjoy a meal and convesation - this isn't for you. When we were seated, a waiter came by - - his first question was: "are you ready to order?" We had to ask about specials - we didn't even have our tap water yet. I ordered an appetizer just to give us a few minutes to look over the menu. No joke - the calamari came out in less than 2 minutes - that doesn't sound like "cooked-to-order". We then ordered our pasta dishes and again, in less than 5 minutes I had my pasta in front of me. Doesn't pasta take 12-15 minutes to cook? Too rushed for me. Food was good enough, but luke warm. If you are off to a show, and rushed, go here. if not, look elsewhere.
- Just ok but wouldn't go back...DConFootDined on 4/5/2014We booked this restaurant because it was 3pm on a Saturday and couldn't get in anywhere else. The restaurant was quite busy and the surroundings were dated but not offensive. The service at the start was pretty good, they took our drink order right away and brought water. However, we had to ask for bread and then ask for butter which was too hard to spred. The food was pretty basic and bland -- what you might find at any strip mall italian restaurant. The servers were almost running around the restaurant from table to table which either says things are in chaos or they're trying to turn over the tables quickly. We did not stay for dessert or coffee as we just wanted to get out of there. Would not go back and wouldn't recommend.
- DisappointedTastebudDined on 4/5/2014We spent two hours at Finemondo. Most of that time was spent being unserved and ignored. We could not understand why our needs were constantly overlooked. The menu included unique Italian food choices. The bread was "cool" and the dipping oil "bland". The entree was good. Others were also having concerns with the service. The people at the table behind us asked to speak with the manager. We should have seen the red flag when we noticed it was not busy on a Saturday night during the very popular Cherry Blossom Festival season. Unfortunately, we could see the large clock outside the entrance from our table - we watched the minutes tick by as we sat helpless & in-helped.Special Features:
- Lousy service; mostly decent foodnotbadDined on 4/5/2014Six of us anticipated a lovely evening meal on Saturday at Finemondo. While there were many occupied tables during our visit, there were also many empty tables, so I don't understand why the service was so abysmal. Perhaps it was because we were a group aged 50-80? They forgot my sister's wine. They brought my brother-in-law the wrong salad. My husband's meat was ice cold. They brought me the wrong meal and I waited 15 minutes for the correct one. They forgot one diner's dessert. It took our table doing the wave to even get the check. I mean, c'mon!, what was the deal?
- Best that we have discoveredCarlVIPDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I have been visiting Finemondo for three years. We wandered in after hanging out at the cigar bar next door, and have made it our DC monthly date night restaurant. I have never tasted lasagna that comes noteworthingly close to Finemondo's spinach pasta lasagna. The mussels in marinara with Italian sausage is a pefect appetizer. We're already looking forward to next month's date night.Special Features:
- Dinner was fine, not outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2014Dinner was fine, not outstanding. If I found myself in the area frequently I might go once in awhile. However, I don't and there are so many places to experience, I will not make a special effort to go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for location, but not greatStuartNmDined on 4/5/2014We hadn't eaten at Finemondo for years. The location was convenient for our later show. The food was ok, but nothing to rave about. Great service, reasonable noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/4/2014Because of its high ranking on Open Table, I had expected to really enjoy this restaurant. What a disappointment!. The service was terrible After ordering drinks, my guest and I waited forever to be asked for our order. We both had the caprese which had so much pepper on it as to be barely edible. Both of our pasta dishes were cold and not particularly good. In fact, we both left half our meals on the plate. The restaurant itself was noisy and lacking in atmosphere. Needless to say, I will not return!!
- The tuna tartare appetizerSwitzerlandVIPDined on 4/2/2014The tuna tartare appetizer was one of the most outstanding dishes my wife and I have ever enjoyed. The salmon and mahi mahi entrees were both delicious and perfectly prepared. The service from Alexis was superb - the perfect degree of attentiveness without being intrusive. We had a fabulous dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJoeKDined on 3/29/2014My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner here prior to a show at the Warner Theatre, which is less than a block away. The food at Finemondo was unique and absolutely spectacular. The service was also top-notch. If we are ever in the area again we will certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. TheMaryDined on 3/14/2014The food was delicious. The service was good. However is was noisy.Special Features:
- Great spot for theater goersAnnaRDined on 3/14/2014Good food, very convenient location, moderate prices. If you want to be able to carry on a convrrsation, you'll appreciate the reasonable noise levels, something hard to fing these days. They even gave a pre fixe , pre-theater special.Special Features:
- Innovative Italian cuisineShri420Dined on 3/11/2014We found Finemondo's menu to offer a varied, and interesting range of Italian dishes, often with innovative twists that, we found, enhanced flavors and gave a fresh experience of '"old friends."We were there on a quiet ;mid-week evening, so comments on noise and service might need modification on a crowded night, but for us, it was an outstanding restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selectionLynnVIPDined on 3/10/2014This restaurant was a last minute find based on location. Went with client for lunch. Delicious! the pasta dishes were very good and great portion. The fish dish was also a great recommendation.Special Features:
- NRAFoodieNRAFoodieDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I liked the atmosphere (romantic) the place was quite, even on a Sat eve it was only half full. The waIter was a little pretencious and tried to get a wine we liked could not get it right. Finally go the meal, INCREDABLE resoto!! Will take years to forget the great taste. They actually mix it in front of you IN a GIANT WHEEL of Parasian Riginiano cheese. Yes you read that right. IN THE WHEEL OF CHEESE. They scrape the cheese into the risoto....wow! If you like soft italian wine and great risoto, this is your place.Special Features:
- Fair Dining Experiencekk5penniesDined on 3/7/2014The food was just okay. It was a huge restaurant and we went on a Friday night at 8:00PM and it was not even close to full or buzzing. We didn't think too much of it but then it took forever for our waiter to come to our table. They did give us free champagne because we had mentioned it was our anniversary so that was nice. None of our waiters spoke great English either so it was hard for them to describe the food we asked about. Overall it was just okay. Wouldn't go back if we visit DC again or recommend to people visiting there.
- Dining ExperienceGoodEatsDined on 3/7/2014The Finemondo was a great dining experience. The service, food and ambience was superb. I look forward to dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closed with No Notice or UpdateOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/3/2014We made a reservation and the restaurant accepted it. This was only 30 minutes prior to the time. We go over there and it was closed. I am sure it was for weather but they should have updated the website so we didn't go all the way over there to have to find this out. A rating had to be provided even though we were unable to eat there in order to submit this review, so one was selected.
- LunchMandyMVIPDined on 2/28/2014I had lunch here with a friend and ordered the grilled vegetable panino - which was excellent.Special Features:
- Our Third visit to FinemondomaryoDined on 2/22/2014When in Washington DC we have stayed close to this restaurant and have eaten there three times now. Each time the service has been wonderful, the food delicious and the atmosphere quite nice. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAriMVIPDined on 2/21/2014The flavors never cease to amaze me and I was glad to return. The back dining room allows you to forget you are in the bustle of DC. The food is clearly home made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant confirmed reservationMyself7Dined on 2/17/2014Nice that you asked. Yes I made a reservation for Finemondo's in January and felt great when I received my confirmation on line. However, as myself and my two companions arrived for dinner at approximately 7:00 p.m. what were met with a Closed restaurant. It was President's day so I'm guessing that was the reason. So we went down to Old Ebbetts Grill, which was open. I guess I would have appreciated something coming back to me letting me know that Finemondos would be closed. So that was my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.