511-G Red Banks Road
Greenville, NC 27834Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.finelliscafe.com/
- Phone: 2526950020
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: David Finelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 10-200 people box lunches, or buffet dinners for 50-500 people off premise. Ala Carte catering pickup at restaurant, or delivered
- Private Party Facilities: Private board room dining totally seperate from other diners. Seats 50 people for sit down dinner, 100 people for a cocktail party. Pictures of the room are available on Finellis Cafe website - Finelliscafe.com. We require a deposit of $500.00 and special menu choices are available.
- Private Party Contact: David Finelli 2523411484
- Entertainment: Solo accustical, no cover charge
A word from Finelli's Cafe
Independant, Family owned, authentic Italian Restaurant. Finellis Cafe serves simple authentic Italian food. Fresh fish, centercut choice beef and veal, tender pork, organic chicken, Homemade sauce and the best Italian Dressing ever. Home made desserts. Extensive wine and beer selection from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Finelli's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Generous portionsAmericanLeagueEastFanDined on 7/11/2013This family owned café has a wonderful feel to it and the staff is fun and friendly. You will probably leave with leftovers as many of the dishes could be split. The wine list has a good range of prices as does the varied menu. Summer in Greenville is not conducive to outdoor dining so I cannot comment but the outdoor tables look like they would be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night outOn2outlike1Dined on 6/14/2013Always a great place to take a date. If you are looking for a place for an awesome meal by a top rated chef at a reasonable price you should try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your one of the familyDNCBLUEDEVILDined on 6/13/2013Family-owned and operated, this neighborhood, Italian cafe reflects the love and care of its chef owner. From the house vinaigrette salad dressing to some but not all of the delicious desserts, David Finelli personally upholds the traditions of an immigrant family, which hosts a different group of diners to the table every evening. Attractive coeds from East Carolina University assist as hosts and servers, as lively soundtracks of traditional Italian crooners--like Como, Bennett and Martin--mix with '70s and '80s "8-track" hits to create an energetic but cozy ambiance. A live musician provides more entertainment on a small patio under a large canopy marquee, which sets apart this great restaurant in its strip-mall setting. Buon appetito!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Enjoyed our Mother's day outing at Finelli's. Glad that the "Pick your own" pasta/sauce with choices of meat/fish is back on the menu. Love the Rose' sauce as well. Everyone enjoyed their meals including the kids (ages 10 and 14). Thanks for another great meal at Finelli's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has been better!asdfhklDined on 5/4/2013We have been here a few times before, and this time I was less than impressed. Both of our entrees tasted like I could have gone to the store and made it myself. When we dine out, I like trying things that are original, this was not. Alfredo was salty!Special Features:
- The spaghetti and meatballsJuki11Dined on 5/1/2013The spaghetti and meatballs our friends had seemed to be a hit. Our dinners were a bit disappointing. The shrimp on my husband's dish were very overcooked though the mussels were fine and the spicy sauce was very good. I had the tortellini with Alfredo sauce. The sauce was the consistency of grade school paste and quite tasteless. Any tortellini not covered by the sauce was dry. The peas in the sauce however were delicious. The Caesar salads were reported to be very good but my Bleu cheese dressing was ordinary. The bread was a big hit and the service was very good. The noise level was such that we could talk without having to shout. An OK place for dinner but there are better places in Greenville for a special evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy dinner at Finelli's--tOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013Always enjoy dinner at Finelli's--the salmon is always perfect!Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013the food and service is always wonderful, My Sunshine loves the whole ball of wax thanks for helping build memoriesSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2013Enjoyed the food and atmosphere for our 30th Wedding Anniversary.
- It was pretty good. A niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013It was pretty good. A nice little Italian restaurant with a good menu. Don't expect to get out on a budget though.Special Features:
- First time here and we areWolfpackjackDined on 2/23/2013First time here and we are new to Greenville so our expectations were hight. The food was good overall. My significant other had the tuna special which was very good, I had the Seafood fra Diavolo which was just okay. It is good restuarant, but for the prices paid, I would have expected exceptional food. Wait staff was freindly and attentive and the atmosphere was pleasant.Special Features:
- not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The outside appears more fancy then the actual decor inside. Food is good, but not necessarily worth the astronomical prices.Special Features:
- Our waitress was excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Our waitress was excellent!! It seemed like we were the only ones there. Friendly, outgoing and good with recommendations. My wife had chicken with linguine, tomatoes and garlic sauce with basil. She loved it. I had the eggplant parmesan which is my favorite Italian dish. It was a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner.Special Features:
- A great place for dinner forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2013A great place for dinner for a group. Very nice atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff.Special Features:
- This was a business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2013This was a business dinner of nine people and the service was less than what I'm acustom too from this resturant. Waited was too long for the beverages...to the point where we had to inquire. The food was good as usual.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Spent the evening out with our dinner group of 8 people. Great location, great waitress, great food and good discount on wine!Special Features:
- Be prepared to be yelled at if youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012Finelli's was overpriced for very mediocre food. Our group of 6 purchased 6 different entrees, drinks, appetizers, and dessert. Waitstaff was very good, but when we returned an entree due to poor quality the owner came out and literally yelled at us for offending his family and their food and threatened to call the police if we didn't pay and leave. We had no intention of not paying and we were very nice about the returned entree and tried to give feedback as to what made it unsatisfactory but we never got a chance to really talk. The owner does not care at all about customers and treats everyone poorly. If he continues to literally yell at anyone who has an issue with a food item, this place will not be in business for long.
- Wonderfull!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Finelli's Café was wonderfull!!! The food was top notch, I had the Veal Parm, and the wife had gnocchi. Service was excellent, never had to ask for a thing, she was on top of it!!! The ambiance was great, I especially liked the paintings of old Italy. I highly, highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Our waitress was excellent--helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Our waitress was excellent--helpful, friendly, gave us quick capable service. I believe her name was Nicole.Special Features:
- First time diners at Finelli'sWolfpack74VIPDined on 11/29/2012First time diners at Finelli's but it certainly won't be our last. Everything was delicious, perfectly prepared, a friendly efficient waitress, excellent wine list. Just a great evening.Special Features:
- Our ladies dinner group returnedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2012Our ladies dinner group returned to Finelli's as we do periodically. The service this time was particularly good. Prompt, anticipatory, but not hovering. Huge portions of food; could actually do with less!Special Features:
- Good food with generous portions.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012Good food with generous portions. Efficient wait staff.Special Features:
- Where Navy eats post Pirate game.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012We are a Navy football family and ate here back in 2010. It was a great dining experience then and on our short list for any visit to Greenville. Our 2012 dining experience was equally enjoyable and I would recommend Finnelli's without hesitation. Everyone was very friendly....even the Pirate fans! Go Navy Go Pirates.Special Features:
- One of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012One of our favorite places for family special occasions! Food and service were excellent. Love the updated dining room. Staff well trained!Special Features:
- Finelli's has excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012Finelli's has excellent food for an area not known for gourmet Italian cuisine. It is reasonably priced and has a comfortable atmosphere. We would definately return. New Yorkers now living in Vero Beach Florida
- Bad bad service and manager.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012The worst service, if you can't accommodate the people in the restaurant because you are having a banquet perhaps you need better management. The manager had a bad attitude the guests where not her priority. Poor service and bad management say a lot even if the food is good bad service ruins a restaurant. We come to your restaurant very often and always bring our visiting guests and many local friends I think that may stop. Not sure I will continue to recommend a place that has a manager who shows such little concern. Guess your just a banquet facility.
- Excellent food and service...theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Excellent food and service...the chicken dish with spinach, ricotta, & rose sauce is a MUST TRY. (the name escapes me but trust me TRY IT YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT) Prices are a little outrageous but overall it's worth it! If they came down 2 dollars on every meal, they would probably get more business....$20 for a pasta dish is a little out there. It was very yummy though so that's good!Special Features:
- We ordered appetizer withalcearlDined on 9/20/2012We ordered appetizer with dinner. The waitress forgot to order our appetizer and when she remembered, she blamed it on the kitchen. We were given our appetizer with our meal. The waitress offered to keep our food under the warmer-not. If it wasn't for the waitress, the experience would have been much better. The food was good- chicken was tender. Lasagna was good- the sauce was slightly sweet.
- Fine Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012We had a party of six and everyone's food was excellent. The service was excellent. We were in the side room at a round table, which I requested. It was very quiet there so conversation was easy. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice group dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012Great food and nice setting for group of six. Wine list has great choices.Special Features:
- Finelli's is a favorite andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012Finelli's is a favorite and my wife and I enjoy visiting frequently.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2012The food was outstanding! Only being in Greenville once or twice a year, This was my 3rd time and it seems to have gotten even better than the last visit. You will not be dissappointed!Special Features:
- It is a great place to meetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012It is a great place to meet with friends and sit outside. Our server was very friendly and the food was excellent; the crab cake appetizer was great.Special Features:
- Disappointed with no spinachOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2012Disappointed with no spinach lasagna but always a great atmosphere and service! Food is always excellent!Special Features:
- We had a group dinner thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012We had a group dinner there consisting of people from Africa, United Kingdom and Russia. Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely and I would recommend it. Thank you.Special Features:
- Nite in GreenvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Excellent service on this nite (5/24) & meals had large portions, perhaps to match the $3-4 dollar higher per plate cost. Suggest trimming both. Fettucni was very good (needed doggie bag). Veal Parm was tasty but too much sauce covering a small cut of veal & some linguini. Bread & house salad were very good. Overall, a pleasant dinner.Special Features:
- House Salads were not comprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012House Salads were not comprised of very good quality ingredients(too much stalk in the salad ,tomatoes not very good) House Dressing very good....Coffee was not good..Desserts were very good Main entree's were OK Service was excellent.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2012We had a wonderful time at Finelli's on Friday night. It is our favorite place to eat on a lovely night because their outdoor patio has great atmosphere. It is trellised with lots of flowers and strings of white lights that make for perfect dinner lighting. We started with a mediterranean pizza app which was delicious. The pasta special was fantastic, as was the chicken dish my friends ordered. The only drawback was that the pasta dish my husband and I were splitting had been left too long and was dry and overheated. The waitress would not address the issue and later said briefly while dropping off the check "sorry about your food." I chalk this up to inexperience. Every other visit we've had to Finelli's has been great.Special Features:
- Excellent! A long time favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Excellent! A long time favorite. One of the best in our area.Special Features:
- the restaurant was great butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012the restaurant was great but I can't figure out why the reservation process was weird. I requested a table for 5 at 6:00 because we had another event to attend later. Open Table says no tables for 5 until 7:00. So I requested a table for 6 and got it at 6:00. When we arrived, the place was EMPTY. I am glad we didn't change all of our plans to go at 7:00, like Open Table told us to do. Even so, with the place empty, we were seated in the bar with tv's all around. I hate that. A group of 5 ladies dining for a birthday party having to sit in the bar with tvs and the rest of the restaurant empty. It was all so weird.