1291 S. 1100 E.
Salt Lake City, UT 84105Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fincaslc.com/
- Phone: 8014870699
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Phelix Gardner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of catering options from full service chef catered events to small platters delivered or picked up.
- Private Party Facilities: Finca offers private dining on site for 10-24 people in our private room. Restaurant buyouts are also available for groups up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Evans 8016412328
A word from Finca
Finca features contemporary Spanish Tapas sourced from Utah producers for weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. Finca was awarded "Best New Restaurant" and "Best Specialty Apps" by City Weekly & "Best Mixologist" & "Best Wine List" by Salt Lake Magazine for 2012.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Finca reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (19)notable wine list (15)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (12)romantic (9)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Not impressedStroshooDined on 9/6/2014I thought the tappas missed on quality and taste. I was expecting more especially given the higher price
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We had 5 of the tapas dishes here and were not blown away. Had a great time and really good service, but there are other places with better food in the valley. Reasonably priced and a fairly low corkage fee.
- DisappointmentwxyzDined on 8/23/2014I had heard mixed reviews about Finca, but wanted to give it a try and I have to say it was an abysmal evening, from soup to nuts. Our waiter was very nice, but he vanished often. I had to ask two other waiters for our wine (which was disappointing), the food was not good, they ran out of one of the dishes and didn't tell us until after the previous two had already been finished so we had to wait even longer. By then we were so frustrated, we just decided to leave so we went to the hostess to ring up our bill and we were overcharged for one item, which was very uncomfortable to have to negotiate. The acoustics indoors are awful, but we sat outside, where it was lovely. It was a most memorable birthday dinner, but not for the right reasons.
- Great all aroundcellarsommDined on 8/22/2014Our server, Alec (or Alex), was fantastic. Knowledgeable about the bev and food menu, and his easy going style really made our night perfect. It was a bit noisy and the tables were a little close together but it's perfect for a Spanish tapas restaurant so no complaints. The scallops topped with crispy garlic, the melt in your mouth ribs and the fideo...amazing! But I will always highly recommend anything that Scott Evans does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Small Plate OptionsjrjmDined on 8/22/2014Nice selection of tapas to chose from. We order tapas and shared a paella which is good size for two people. Service was a touch slow there seem to be a disconnect with timing, maybe because it was pretty busy.Special Features:
- Great food, borderline serviceSouthPointRegDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good here. We ordered the beet salad, pork ribs, paella and churros for dessert. All were excellent .... drink list very good too. Disappointed in the hostess. Requested a booth and advised they were reserved. We didn't have a reservation??? And then throughout our entire meal, nobody was seated in the booth we had pointed too. Very unprofessional. The waitress was nice ... attentive and always checked up on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningPmcs12Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I dined at Finca August 12, and had a very enjoyable evening. The restaurant was modern and open with a partial view of the kitchen. The noise level wasn't bad, but I imagine it could get loud with a full restaurant. The drink menu was extensive, and had some great cocktails. My wife enjoyed the Irish coffee cocktail and used it as a nice dessert substitute. The food was enjoyable with the offering of Spanish Tapas. There were some traditional Spanish Tapas like croquetas, and some non-traditional ones. Everything was delicious and we especially liked the potato tapas and the honey carrots tapas. I would recommend for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rikki is the best.maggieonabreakDined on 8/8/2014Our service was outstanding, Rikki was very attentive, and the food was amazing and she suggested well. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlontheroadDined on 8/8/2014Great Tapas food and Spanish wine with a comfortable atmosphere at FincaSpecial Features:
- inconsistent service but great foodKiwiroseDined on 8/7/2014This was our second visit to Finca and once again the food did not disappoint. Service on the other hand was nothing like our first visit in a not good way. The waiter seemed to forget our small table and concentrated on his bigger tables. When asked about long wait time between dishes he responded "let me go shake the tree" as if the problem was in the kitchen. Three times for that quote including getting us the check. The service at our first visit was outstanding with the waiter explaining the dishes as they came out and making suggestions so that is reason for the comment about inconsistency. The food is great, I'll go back and I would recommend this restaurant despite the service on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent once againGrantVIPDined on 8/2/2014Still some of the best food in SLC. New to me were the pork ribs, and they are fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new FAVORITE in SLCAllegrovVIPDined on 7/31/2014This was my third visit to Finca and the restaurant, once again, delivered an amazing experience: the flavors, the service, and the wine were all impeccable! Highly recommended by this difficult-to-impress foodie!Special Features:
- Great service and cocktailsYankeesSuckDined on 7/30/2014While the food was overpriced and just okay Finca is fun. Our waiter, Conan, was friendly and made the experience great. The craft cocktails are great. They make their own tonic water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small bitesJoemamaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our first visit to Finca was agood one. The tapas were well prepared and tasty. Good variety on the menu. Themwine list is good, though not extensive. If you know wines you can find some good choices.Special Features:
- Great Every TimeejharkerVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food is the main event here, but service and ambience only bolster positively. The Papas y Aioli is always a wonderful starter along with any salad, especially any containing beets. The wine list is respectable and appropriate for the cuisine, we chose a nice Tempranillo this time, which pairs well with the more savory and complex dishes. This place is always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Great Food, Value and ServiceDrVADined on 7/19/2014Went for a special occasion and the staff was very accommodating. I was greeted by name and the staff remembered me from my last visit.Special Features:
- Great Tapastcp25Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed many different plates across a broad spectrum, seafood, meat, vegetables all outstanding. Paired with a nice Tempranillo. Finished with Parker's Heritage Bourbon and expresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedDustyDined on 7/14/2014I'd heard a lot of good things about this restaurant, and I was a bit disappointed. It was good, but nothing special. The menu was quite small considering it was all small plate tapas and there should be a large variety. The food was kind of meh for the most part, all was good, but not exciting and tasty like a tapas place should be. The drinks were incredibly small as well.
- Outstanding findbreakfastloverVIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I were on our way to Park City, but were spending a few hours in Salt Lake City and wanted a place for dinner. We found FINCA on Opentable, saw positive reviews and decided to give it a try. It was excellent. Everything was delicious: snap pea salad, the mushroom dish (can' recall the name); lamb & beef meatbals; pork-stuffed peppers; chicken crochets; and mussels. All of it was great and the server was friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. I wish I could transport this place back home! I would become a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughHiddendinerDined on 7/3/2014This place is absolutely beautiful. Not only is the food just amazing, but the service is exquisit. Our waiter seemed like he was genuinly interested in what we thought of the food and he treated us like he was just wanting us to have a good time, and not working for a tip. Really a genuine good guy. Hope to see him again! Other waiters came to refill our waters constantly, and everyone was so kind. Also the plates and the way they organized the food on the plates was absolutely beautiful! The stone plates are BEAUTIFUL! I want them for my home! Of course it is a little pricey for me and my husband, but we love to come to just escape every day life. Beautiful food, beautiful enviornment, sweet hosts and waiters! We will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing cocktails and tapasharleyqueueDined on 6/27/2014That was the most amazing pina colada I've ever had, and the food was only seconded by the service. Try the meatballs and scallops! We had a lovely anniversary dinner and will definitely be back just for the hell of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Go with friends and share as many tapas as you possibly can.Special Features:
- Still a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Love the portions and tastes of tapas --and the cocktails are fantastic. I go about once a month.Special Features:
- Good food. Good service.Foodluv901Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed trying the different tapas. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLCFoodLoverDined on 6/20/2014Went for tapas and cocktails early on a Friday night and had an absolutely delightful time. The cocktails were creative and delicious and the tapas were all superb. We sat outside, and while it was on a fairly busy street, it didn't seem overly loud or intrusive. I did notice, as we made our way through the restaurant after dinner, that the inside seemed much more...energetic... than the patio. Service was very good. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- love the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had the Spanish Tortilla. It was on an amazing sauce and served with a light salad. I would go back again just for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finca: Always great!WillieDined on 6/15/2014Finca is great, in every aspect: Location, ambiance, vibe, food, wines, deserts, you name it. The menu is simple, very cosmopolitan and with something for everyone, every time. Organized, impeccable and creative. Prices are very fair too. A pleasant dining experience every time. We love it. You will too.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014One of the better dining experiences I've had in Salt Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small plate cuisineChefMillerDined on 6/7/2014I enjoy Finca ever time that I get to go. The cuisine is simple, clean and prepared well. The chef does a great job on food presentation and flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finca is Wonderful!DV8tionDudeDined on 6/3/2014Forget fries, get the Papas y Aioli, Cerdo…the seasoning on the potatoes and the aioli is simply fantastic. The chicken croquetas and the lamb/pork meatballs (Albondigas) are always a favorite. The flatbread with artichokes (Coca De Alcachofa) and was amazing. Tirado y Piquillo – Wood smoked pork stuffed in piquillo peppers! The pork has so much flavor and stuffed in a pepper; you can’t go wrong with this one. Don’t usually try desserts but tried the Churros and Coconut Tres Leches...OMG! However, the churro and chocolate dipping sauce is absolutely divine! Love Tres Leche and I love coconut, put those two together and WOW! The patio is open, the ambience is wonderful…don’t miss out on Finca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMadamDirectorDined on 5/30/2014We've never had a bad meal at Finca! Introduced many friends to their great food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only tea is teaMumsaVIPDined on 5/30/2014I like Finca, I do! But the last couple of visits have been really uneven service-wise. My last visit, I ordered iced tea and was served a sweet red punch. I admit, I'm a tea snob. I'd like iced tea... Not red punch. What I got was a Tisane. It wasn't tea. The waiter was arrogant and kind if snotty about it. It was a black mark for Finca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time @ FincaPavoDined on 5/25/2014We sat outside and you get what you get from a place that is boardered by relatively busy streets. But the food was very very good. Presentation, portion and food quality were excellent. There was a bit of redundancy in the sauces and pickled onion garnish, but nobody is perfect. I will return to finca and try everything on every menu. I highly recommend you do too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Finca reviews archive.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2014Celebrated my birthday with a small group of 8 close friends. Most of the food was delicious (some just strange to me), service was good, ambiance was perfect- simple, modern and a down-to-earth elegance.Special Features:
- Spanish food!foodforsoulDined on 5/11/2014The food was great. We ordered a little of everything and shared. The portions are small but tasty and the drinks are unique with great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MumsaVIPDined on 5/11/2014We've dined at Finca before but this was our first time for Sunday Brunch. It was good but not quite up to Funca standards for lunch and dinner. It was Mother's Day and try might have needed a couple more servers. It was a little chaotic and service was sporadic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas the way they should be.WillieDined on 5/11/2014These guys at Finca know what they are doing. Best tapas restaurant in Utah, hands down. Why? Because they serve beautiful and flavorful dishes, their service is excellent and the prices are great. An overall great dining experience if you want a taste of Spain. We went there for brunch for Mother's Day with my wife and daughter and everybody loved it. Their potatoes with pimentón (smoked paprika), their eggs with chorizo, their tapas with seafood or Serrano ham...AND their presentation and attention to detail, bar none! One more thing: the food comes out in a timely manner, never delayed, giving you time to enjoy previous dishes. Desserts, after dinner drinks and coffees are all outstanding as well. AND if you drop by, waiting isn't bad.Special Features:
- Another home run!AllegrovVIPDined on 4/30/2014Our second visit to Finca lived up to the previous 5-star dining experience here. Finca is quickly becoming our favorite in SLC. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotCarolVIPDined on 4/29/2014Love the new spring menu. We took an out-of-town friend to Finca to show off our great local restaurants. Our waiter was helpful with recommending wines and the appropriate number of sharing dishes. Everything was delicious, as usual! Love the portion size and variety so we can try lots of things. Plenty of vegetarian items, all wonderfully flavorful in yummy sauces. Service was OK- not super attentive, and the gal who poured our water when we first arrived spilled it all over the table, then never returned to wipe it up! That was kind of odd, but our waiter did deal with it when he came by. Not terrible, and we'll continue to frequent Finca since it's right down the street and the food is wonderful.Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent!takemeout4Dined on 4/19/2014Love this place. Great for sharing and trying new small plates and wonderful variety. Authentic Spanish tapas, excellent Spanish wines. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.