1291 S. 1100 E.
Salt Lake City, UT 84105Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://fincaslc.com/
- Phone: 8014870699
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Phelix Gardner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of catering options from full service chef catered events to small platters delivered or picked up.
- Private Party Facilities: Finca offers private dining on site for 10-24 people in our private room. Restaurant buyouts are also available for groups up to 100 people.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Evans 8016412328
A word from Finca
Finca features contemporary Spanish Tapas sourced from Utah producers for weekend brunch, lunch and dinner. Finca was awarded "Best New Restaurant" and "Best Specialty Apps" by City Weekly & "Best Mixologist" & "Best Wine List" by Salt Lake Magazine for 2012.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Finca reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (21)notable wine list (17)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (9)great for lunch (9)romantic (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The food is always super impressive here. I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- our first visitSharonDined on 10/10/2014For two adults and one young child, we spent $115 including tip for 5 tapas plates, two cocktails, and one dessert. Although we saw several other young children there, I would not consider the menu particularly kid-friendly unless you're foodies. We ordered the honey-ancho ribs for our daughter, but they were a bit spicy for her tastes; however she really enjoyed the meatballs and dessert. The tapas dishes were more expensive than I expected (i.e., 3 sea scallops for $17 - a small tapas plate, not an entree, mind you). I look forward to trying the dishes we missed on our first visit. Food and service were both excellent. The wine/drink list was long and varied. Nice neighborhood joint with modern ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Great food, excellent service and interesting menu.Special Features:
- Small Plates FunTumbleweedDined on 10/4/2014Finca has become a real favorite for us, especially with its neighborhood location. So many things happening now in the neighborhood. Wonderful selection of small plates with new items often. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouLouDined on 9/27/2014Couple of items really missed the mark.A mushroom and cheese "flatbread" arrived on a portion of what appeared to be a baguette,which was very tough.The 3 seared scallops for $17 were to come with "local garnish" presumably to round out the dish.Although the scallops were perfectly done,the "local garnish" was 3 microscopic sprigs of what appeard to be parsely atop each of the scallops.The paella in the "platos grandes" category had delicious and savory rice.However, the seafood was CLEARLY not cooked with the rice as the clams, mussels and shrimp were laid on top of the piping hot rice but were cold.The couple of shrimp looked pre-cooked and previsouly frozen.A shame to be atop a delicious base..and the MOST expensive item on the menu.Special Features:
- It's "ok" but not awesomeTheExPatDined on 9/14/2014We went on a Sunday night and expected it to be quiet and we correct. It livened up around 7 - 7:30 but was not over busy. I can imagine that Friday and Saturday nights can be packed. The Wine and Beverage list was excellent and the menu proved to be not overly long but still had something for everyone. We ordered a couple of cocktails which were good but, frankly, a little over-priced for what they were. The olives for start were very good and we ordered a total of 5 Tapas dishes which was just about right. In the end my rating is based on the fact that we paid $107 for the two of us. The food was tasty but not rock your socks off awesome. Finca is not terribly disappointing at all and I am sure others will love it.Special Features:
- Last time comingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014My friend and I love to dine out every week and try different Salt Lake restaurants. We have been to Finca a few times before and have found it to be hit and miss. We thought that with the time of year that the "farm to table" options would make it a hit. Between our server and the quality of food we have scratched this one off our list. Food took way too long and was completely over cooked. Our server became confrontational when we complained. We were pretty much ignored for a good 30 minutes after we were done and had to find someone to give us our check. No restaurant is this "cool". Better options for small plates elsewhere
- Great Food and ConceptJca9282VIPDined on 9/11/2014I go here when I'm traveling and make a point to leave downtown and eat at this gem in one of the most interesting neighborhoods in SLC. The menu is always changing with what is available, which is great, and you can watch the kitchen and see just how much care they have for their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedStroshooDined on 9/6/2014I thought the tappas missed on quality and taste. I was expecting more especially given the higher price
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We had 5 of the tapas dishes here and were not blown away. Had a great time and really good service, but there are other places with better food in the valley. Reasonably priced and a fairly low corkage fee.
- DisappointmentwxyzDined on 8/23/2014I had heard mixed reviews about Finca, but wanted to give it a try and I have to say it was an abysmal evening, from soup to nuts. Our waiter was very nice, but he vanished often. I had to ask two other waiters for our wine (which was disappointing), the food was not good, they ran out of one of the dishes and didn't tell us until after the previous two had already been finished so we had to wait even longer. By then we were so frustrated, we just decided to leave so we went to the hostess to ring up our bill and we were overcharged for one item, which was very uncomfortable to have to negotiate. The acoustics indoors are awful, but we sat outside, where it was lovely. It was a most memorable birthday dinner, but not for the right reasons.
- Great all aroundcellarsommDined on 8/22/2014Our server, Alec (or Alex), was fantastic. Knowledgeable about the bev and food menu, and his easy going style really made our night perfect. It was a bit noisy and the tables were a little close together but it's perfect for a Spanish tapas restaurant so no complaints. The scallops topped with crispy garlic, the melt in your mouth ribs and the fideo...amazing! But I will always highly recommend anything that Scott Evans does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Small Plate OptionsjrjmDined on 8/22/2014Nice selection of tapas to chose from. We order tapas and shared a paella which is good size for two people. Service was a touch slow there seem to be a disconnect with timing, maybe because it was pretty busy.Special Features:
- Great food, borderline serviceSouthPointRegDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good here. We ordered the beet salad, pork ribs, paella and churros for dessert. All were excellent .... drink list very good too. Disappointed in the hostess. Requested a booth and advised they were reserved. We didn't have a reservation??? And then throughout our entire meal, nobody was seated in the booth we had pointed too. Very unprofessional. The waitress was nice ... attentive and always checked up on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningPmcs12Dined on 8/12/2014My wife and I dined at Finca August 12, and had a very enjoyable evening. The restaurant was modern and open with a partial view of the kitchen. The noise level wasn't bad, but I imagine it could get loud with a full restaurant. The drink menu was extensive, and had some great cocktails. My wife enjoyed the Irish coffee cocktail and used it as a nice dessert substitute. The food was enjoyable with the offering of Spanish Tapas. There were some traditional Spanish Tapas like croquetas, and some non-traditional ones. Everything was delicious and we especially liked the potato tapas and the honey carrots tapas. I would recommend for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rikki is the best.maggieonabreakDined on 8/8/2014Our service was outstanding, Rikki was very attentive, and the food was amazing and she suggested well. Will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlontheroadDined on 8/8/2014Great Tapas food and Spanish wine with a comfortable atmosphere at FincaSpecial Features:
- inconsistent service but great foodKiwiroseDined on 8/7/2014This was our second visit to Finca and once again the food did not disappoint. Service on the other hand was nothing like our first visit in a not good way. The waiter seemed to forget our small table and concentrated on his bigger tables. When asked about long wait time between dishes he responded "let me go shake the tree" as if the problem was in the kitchen. Three times for that quote including getting us the check. The service at our first visit was outstanding with the waiter explaining the dishes as they came out and making suggestions so that is reason for the comment about inconsistency. The food is great, I'll go back and I would recommend this restaurant despite the service on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent once againGrantVIPDined on 8/2/2014Still some of the best food in SLC. New to me were the pork ribs, and they are fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new FAVORITE in SLCAllegrovVIPDined on 7/31/2014This was my third visit to Finca and the restaurant, once again, delivered an amazing experience: the flavors, the service, and the wine were all impeccable! Highly recommended by this difficult-to-impress foodie!Special Features:
- Great service and cocktailsYankeesSuckDined on 7/30/2014While the food was overpriced and just okay Finca is fun. Our waiter, Conan, was friendly and made the experience great. The craft cocktails are great. They make their own tonic water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small bitesJoemamaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our first visit to Finca was agood one. The tapas were well prepared and tasty. Good variety on the menu. Themwine list is good, though not extensive. If you know wines you can find some good choices.Special Features:
- Great Every TimeejharkerVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food is the main event here, but service and ambience only bolster positively. The Papas y Aioli is always a wonderful starter along with any salad, especially any containing beets. The wine list is respectable and appropriate for the cuisine, we chose a nice Tempranillo this time, which pairs well with the more savory and complex dishes. This place is always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Great Food, Value and ServiceDrVADined on 7/19/2014Went for a special occasion and the staff was very accommodating. I was greeted by name and the staff remembered me from my last visit.Special Features:
- Great Tapastcp25Dined on 7/18/2014Enjoyed many different plates across a broad spectrum, seafood, meat, vegetables all outstanding. Paired with a nice Tempranillo. Finished with Parker's Heritage Bourbon and expresso.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedDustyDined on 7/14/2014I'd heard a lot of good things about this restaurant, and I was a bit disappointed. It was good, but nothing special. The menu was quite small considering it was all small plate tapas and there should be a large variety. The food was kind of meh for the most part, all was good, but not exciting and tasty like a tapas place should be. The drinks were incredibly small as well.
- Outstanding findbreakfastloverVIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I were on our way to Park City, but were spending a few hours in Salt Lake City and wanted a place for dinner. We found FINCA on Opentable, saw positive reviews and decided to give it a try. It was excellent. Everything was delicious: snap pea salad, the mushroom dish (can' recall the name); lamb & beef meatbals; pork-stuffed peppers; chicken crochets; and mussels. All of it was great and the server was friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. I wish I could transport this place back home! I would become a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughHiddendinerDined on 7/3/2014This place is absolutely beautiful. Not only is the food just amazing, but the service is exquisit. Our waiter seemed like he was genuinly interested in what we thought of the food and he treated us like he was just wanting us to have a good time, and not working for a tip. Really a genuine good guy. Hope to see him again! Other waiters came to refill our waters constantly, and everyone was so kind. Also the plates and the way they organized the food on the plates was absolutely beautiful! The stone plates are BEAUTIFUL! I want them for my home! Of course it is a little pricey for me and my husband, but we love to come to just escape every day life. Beautiful food, beautiful enviornment, sweet hosts and waiters! We will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing cocktails and tapasharleyqueueDined on 6/27/2014That was the most amazing pina colada I've ever had, and the food was only seconded by the service. Try the meatballs and scallops! We had a lovely anniversary dinner and will definitely be back just for the hell of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Go with friends and share as many tapas as you possibly can.Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the Finca reviews archive.
- Still a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Love the portions and tastes of tapas --and the cocktails are fantastic. I go about once a month.Special Features:
- Good food. Good service.Foodluv901Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed trying the different tapas. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLCFoodLoverDined on 6/20/2014Went for tapas and cocktails early on a Friday night and had an absolutely delightful time. The cocktails were creative and delicious and the tapas were all superb. We sat outside, and while it was on a fairly busy street, it didn't seem overly loud or intrusive. I did notice, as we made our way through the restaurant after dinner, that the inside seemed much more...energetic... than the patio. Service was very good. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- love the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We had the Spanish Tortilla. It was on an amazing sauce and served with a light salad. I would go back again just for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finca: Always great!WillieDined on 6/15/2014Finca is great, in every aspect: Location, ambiance, vibe, food, wines, deserts, you name it. The menu is simple, very cosmopolitan and with something for everyone, every time. Organized, impeccable and creative. Prices are very fair too. A pleasant dining experience every time. We love it. You will too.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014One of the better dining experiences I've had in Salt Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small plate cuisineChefMillerDined on 6/7/2014I enjoy Finca ever time that I get to go. The cuisine is simple, clean and prepared well. The chef does a great job on food presentation and flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finca is Wonderful!DV8tionDudeDined on 6/3/2014Forget fries, get the Papas y Aioli, Cerdo…the seasoning on the potatoes and the aioli is simply fantastic. The chicken croquetas and the lamb/pork meatballs (Albondigas) are always a favorite. The flatbread with artichokes (Coca De Alcachofa) and was amazing. Tirado y Piquillo – Wood smoked pork stuffed in piquillo peppers! The pork has so much flavor and stuffed in a pepper; you can’t go wrong with this one. Don’t usually try desserts but tried the Churros and Coconut Tres Leches...OMG! However, the churro and chocolate dipping sauce is absolutely divine! Love Tres Leche and I love coconut, put those two together and WOW! The patio is open, the ambience is wonderful…don’t miss out on Finca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeMadamDirectorDined on 5/30/2014We've never had a bad meal at Finca! Introduced many friends to their great food and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only tea is teaMumsaVIPDined on 5/30/2014I like Finca, I do! But the last couple of visits have been really uneven service-wise. My last visit, I ordered iced tea and was served a sweet red punch. I admit, I'm a tea snob. I'd like iced tea... Not red punch. What I got was a Tisane. It wasn't tea. The waiter was arrogant and kind if snotty about it. It was a black mark for Finca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.