Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino Joliet
777 Hollywood Blvd
Joliet, IL 60436Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino Joliet
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodcasinojoliet.com/Dining/Final Cut
- Phone: 8159272060
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chef John Grembowicz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private dining room can be reserved for 12-24 people during regular business hours.
- Private Party Contact: Makenzie Randel 8159272551
- Entertainment: Piano Player every Friday and Saturday night 6pm - 10pm in our Lounge.
A word from Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino Joliet
The setting and ambiance are classic Hollywood from the 1930s and '40s, but the culinary experience is truly fine contemporary dining. With USDA prime beef and delicious seafood creations, plus rich pastas, fresh salads, piano lounge and an award-winning selection of wine, it's no wonder Final Cut is the best casino fine dining restaurant. Make sure to ask about our private dinning room on your next visitContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino Joliet - Best Restaurants in Joliet ›
Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino Joliet reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)romantic (20)notable wine list (8)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great Food , Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was fantastic but the service was very slow. It took us 15-20 minutes just to get our first drink. The young lady filling the water even asked us if we are drinking and we said we would like to. Other than that the steak was perfect as well as the sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent dining experienceHal1999Dined on 9/7/2014First trip to Final Cut. Both wife & I dined on Chef Pix Special. 1-salmon. Onion soup was generous bowl not a cup but it wasn't a show stopper. Croutons never did become even a little bit soft. Salad had raisin bread croutons. Different but not bad. A generous portion. Salmon served with apple slaw was interesting touch. Filet was nice sized, cooked correctly but could have been served au-jus. Both baked potatoes were the size of a Buick. I requested butter and did not have to ask for additional as is usually the case. Dessert was cheesecake, again an ample portion & carrot cake, six layers. Both were packaged for later in the evening. Not quite five stars but close and for the chefs special pricing a decent value for upscale dining.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceVasacheDined on 8/31/2014The service was excellent, but not as good as the food. This is a great place for romance or group fun. The chef should get a raise as well as the wait staff. I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and she really enjoyed herself. She could not stop raving about the food. Mine dish was very good also, but she wanted to go and give the chef a kiss. Thanks for a memorable dining experience. If we get the chance or are in the area we will be back .Special Features:
- Very good foodKarenDined on 8/31/2014We were surprised at how delicious the food was. Atmosphere very nice too. We really enjoyed our dining experience. It was our first time there and pur13 th wedding anniversay celebration. Going back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- atmosphereloversDined on 8/29/2014The meal and service we had at Final Cut Steakhouse was truly amazing. My wife and I had privacy and could easily talk to each other. It was quiet, romantic and yet alive with a warm atmosphere. One would not expect this in a casino restaurant. We both had incredible Filet Mignons, made to perfection as good as any steakhouse we have dined in the Chicago area. The waitress we had was very polite and we felt she cared a great deal about our experience. We consider this to be one of our favorite restaurants, even though it is 45 miles from our home. The winder selection for our tastes was extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Final Cut SteakhouseniteonthetownDined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere was very appealing. Our service was wonderful, we really enjoyed everything about this restaurant and will recommend it to our friends.Special Features:
- First visitChinoDined on 8/7/2014I'll be frank. The restaurant is beautiful, and the service was superb. My wife and I ordered two filets, rare and medium-rare. Although the steak quality was great, they were simply overdone. More of a medium-well. I'm not one to complain or cause a disruption to others dining nearby, so I let it go. The wait staff was cordial, and I didn't want to express any concerns to them, they're not responsible for the chef. We've been to the Reserve, and while comparable, the steaks were done properly there. I do thank you for the follow-up inquiry, but the response process is elusive and frustrating.Special Features:
- BettyBJN123Dined on 8/2/2014Food and service excellent. Priced reasonably and menu choices should please most anyone. Piano music Was enjoyable and relaxing...would recommend wedge salad so very tasty. Nice appetizers to choose from..we has bruchetta was very nice. This was not my first visit and would of course come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed at anniversary dinner.DocEarlDined on 8/1/2014Did they ever try to get us out fast. When we sat down with in a few minutes asked if we are ready to order. Not do you have any questions, here is our story, our steaks are....Wanted a slow nice diner for our anniversary but felt rushed to get us done so we could gamble. If you want to be a high end steak house tell me about the menu show me the steaks. This was not the they method they used. They were not proud of what they were serving at all. We frequent high end steak houses and this was not one. Just OK.
- great placemb74Dined on 7/18/2014everyone is very nice and food is great we eat here at less 2 times a week. its great for a night out or to have a wonderful dinner with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wewinDined on 7/3/2014after having a difficult time trying to find out if they were even open--- I managed to make a reservation on line (not knowing if they would even acknowledge) We had a wonderful dinner--everything was superb (including the price) great choices. Service very good. Will go back again!Special Features:
- Not coming back again!JustmaryDined on 6/20/2014My guests and I were so disappointed in the quality of food at this restaurant. Only 4 other tables filled on Friday night. Our wine and salads were just okay. It took quite a while to get our food. I ordered a medium filet. It was basically well done and dry. Actually, there was only a hint of pink.. I was told it would take 18 minutes to get another. My 2 guests had other steaks, a strip and a ribeye. They did not rave about their steaks. The baked potatoes came with butter and sour cream. Mine was black at one end and certainly not A grade. The bananas foster dessert was bananas sliced over medium grade ice cream. I guess it was Carmel sauce under the ice cream, but it was flavorless. for $228 w/0 tip this was a ripoff.
- George s.bigguyDined on 6/19/2014Amy was a delight to have as a server. She was very efficient and also very informative on the menu selections. We were celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary and she made a special tray with very cute writing on it showing congratulations on our 48th and she made us each a very nice cupcake with a candle on it. It was a special touch from a very special person. If you go there ask for Amy and we can bet you will have a great dinner and service.Special Features:
- The following 104 reviews are from the Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino Joliet reviews archive.
- Our 40th wedding anniversaryR40thannversaryDined on 6/1/2014This is the seond time we have been 2 the final cut n both times it has been a memorable occasion.my wife n I were celebrating our 40th anniversary,our waitress was Gigi both times we have been there,service was excellent and the food was the best lobsters we have ever had,we mentioned it was r anniversary and they brought us 2 cupcakes on plate decorated plate with a sparkler in it,that was a great way to end our romantic day,thanks 2 all that made it a joyous occasion,especially Gigi our waitress,thanks 2 all.Steve n Debbie D.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for romanceperfectDined on 5/18/2014food great service great we will return.....amanda and sherri simply perfect thanks to them and hollywood casino........Special Features:
- Absolutely Awful! Never eat here!FiletFanDined on 5/17/2014This was hands down the worst dining experience I have ever had. It took a long time to get anything we ordered and that's when the disappointment started. The food was not edible; canned seafood, frozen shrimp, tasteless Mac and cheese, raw sautéed spinach canned mushrooms and after two try's they could not cook a steak anything other than well done. Our order was incorrect and the "filet" was grey and I struggled to cut it with a steak knife. The waitress suggested that I cut into the middle of my requested medium rare filet when I showed her it was well done; eat only the middle? When we spoke to management we received no apologies and the excuse that most people like them and it was late so maybe the cooks were tired. Really?!!
- OVERRATEDDreedDined on 5/10/2014This place is overrated!! We showed up and waited to be seated, 3 people walked up to the front and said nothing to us. Then finally the host came and sat us. We thought maybe we were invisible. Then after we were seated our waitress walked by us 4 times not saying a word. We waited 15 minutes before she came to our table, with no apology. The food was over priced!! The chef or cook must have lost his/her taste buds. Very bland
- Easter BrunchPaulieoDined on 4/20/2014My reservation was at 3:30. We were greeted, sat down, buffet explained and dined on wonderful food. However in the middle of dinner, our waitress said, they are taking the buffet down? Wow, we were not there even a half hour. The desserts were gone. It was great until they ran us out. That does not sit well with me. My close friend is a critic for the casino / food/beverage industry and said that is unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2377holtDined on 4/19/2014Service was great. Amy always does a fantastic job. Ambience is outstanding. Only complaint, announcements over PA system for casino prize drawings was annoying.Special Features:
- excellence in all categories!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Amy, was an excellent waitress. The appetizers were excellent as was the entrée. My wife and I will definetly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding steakMunchieDined on 4/12/2014Saturday evening reservations (5:30) and the restaurant was wide open. Service was slow, however, once it arrived, it was excellent. Pricy, but well worth the cost. More people need to be made aware of their outstanding food. I think the service and ambience of the restaurant would improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceBigTunaDined on 4/5/2014Always a great experience. Private circular booths, terrific food. Great atmosphere.Wait staff is attentive yet not bothersome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timefabulousfiftyDined on 4/5/2014We loved the restaurant, the food was wonderful and our waitress was the best. They made it very special for my husbands 50th birthday!! Our whole party enjoyed it!! We will definitely go for another special occasion! The service was beyond great, she was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014The three of us had an exceptional meal - every course was outstanding! Service was outstanding. It was a very enjoyable experience for all.Special Features:
- Favorite New Find!Oly29Dined on 3/28/2014My girlfriends and I were looking for someplace to go for a girls' night out, and I remembered hearing about Final Cut. I suggesested the restaurant to my friends so we could then go to the casino. I am so glad I did! My friends and I just loved it! We all plan on returning there in future, both with our husbands, and without! We each ordered different items off the menue, from steak, pork chops, to salmon and whitefish. All were superb! The salads were devine, the cosmos were wonderful and the deserts (cheesecake and bananas foster) were heavenly!! I will definitely have my husband take me back there for dinner much more often. The restaurant is one that is unique in every way with a wonderful staff and the decor from Hollywood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFoodie25Dined on 3/27/2014Was average food not blown away in any means and maybe expected better for the price
- Nice findwozzyDined on 3/22/2014For a special occasion, food was great and service good.Special Features:
- Good food, Great Service,FredDined on 3/22/2014We were late getting to Final Cut and they called to help with directions. We had a concert to go to and our waitress Diane was exceptional at making sure we were out on time. The 8 oz. tenderloin was superb as was the Ahi tuna. The house cabernet also got complements. Good food, great service, nice atmosphere...we definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took too long!ChiGuyVIPDined on 3/21/2014Very good restaurant...both food and ambiance, but our dinner took way too long! This was my second time to eat here, and might be my last. You'd expect a restaurant in a casino to get you in and out in fairly short order, but our dinner lasted almost 2.5 hours...and not because we were taking our time. Our server was very good, but she was apparently covering most of the restaurant...and it too much too long to get our food, which suggests that the kitchen is understaffed too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambience at The Finaldinner4twoDined on 2/22/2014The ambience at The Final Cut Steakhouse is incredible. The food was excellent and the service was great. If you want a romantic setting at dinner, this would be a wonderful choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food has been betterkimdDined on 2/22/2014I have eaten at the final cut previously and always thought it was good. The service was mediocre this time. We ate @ 5 so it wasnt that busy. We were overcharged for an extra steak, never got fresh water.. food is a bit overpricedSpecial Features:
- Nice Special Occasion RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2014My husband and I came to the restaurant as we were staying at the casino for a night away from our daughter. The food was wonderful, and the service top notch. I was very impressed to find such a high quality restaurant in Joliet. We hope to be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryLinmicDined on 2/15/2014Would go again. Should at least get a salad or side with entre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and all aroundmjohoDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food and all around attention to service, making sure we were totally satisfied every moment of the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- final cut outstandingbkosDined on 1/17/2014food, ambiance,and service all were excellent. It is a steakhouse with a good selection of steak, but they could have a few more items on the menu not in the steak category, Will definitely return and will highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2014The service was great. The filet was cooked perfectly as was the salmon. We all enjoyed everything and the dessert was scrumptious. It was our first time and the chef fixe menu worked for all of us. we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointment for the money!ChiGuyVIPDined on 1/11/2014This was our first time here and I might be inclined to go back just for the convenience of the casion, but the experience we had did not really justify the money we spent. The service was very slow - they seemed to be short on help, but never once an apology. The food was good, but I did not think that the prices were justified. Rivers and Four Winds do a much better job with their steak houses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!TAJWDined on 12/15/2013As always, this restaurant was fantastic! Scrumptious food, excellent service, & great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Final Cut great food and valuestksrgudDined on 12/11/2013Had price fixe menu. Great quality and superb value. Without a doubt the best casino steak house in Joliet!!!Special Features:
- final cutthewildturkeyDined on 12/7/2013Used points to pay for the meal. Food was good. Server had too many tables and the result was slow serviceSpecial Features: