Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
777 Hollywood Blvd
Grantville, PA 17028Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodpnrc.com/Dining/Final Cut
- Phone: 7174693090
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner Saturday: 5:00 - 10:00 pm
Dinner Sunday: 5:00 - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Nicholas Jones
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Book our private dining room for that special event from 8 to 24 people. Our experienced management team can custom design menus and offer specialty wine pairings for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Frank DeSantis 7174693090
- Entertainment: Enjoy Final Cut as part of your Hollywood Casino experience, where guests can play 2,500 hot slots, try their luck at more than 50 table games, or thrill to the action of year-round live thoroughbred racing. Live entertainment featuring many of the nation's top tribute acts and all of the best local bands complete any visit to Central Pennsylvania's most exciting entertainment destination.
A word from Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
Experience an amazing dining adventure as Chef Nicholas Jones and his talented staff at the award-winning Final Cut Steakhouse prepare the finest steaks, seafood, fowl, and unique culinary creations for your dining pleasure. Complement your dinner by choosing your favorite wine from our Wine Spectator Award winning list of hundreds of classic vintages – all this while surrounded by dazzling memorabilia from Hollywood's most famous celebrities and films. All diners must be 21 years of age to enter and have valid photo identification.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course - Best Restaurants in Grantville ›
Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (32)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (16)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- casinoDined on 9/27/2014Service was excellent. My water glass was kept full and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingJH2dineVIPDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful restaurant! Ranks up there with Vegas restarants in terms of presentation, service & taste. Surprising for being in the middle if nowhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSammyDined on 9/12/2014Very Disappointed in the service you should not have to ask for water twice in this type of dinning. When you spending all most $200.00. The food was pretty good.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The experience was great. Presentation, taste, service and atmosphere were enjoyable. It is a great place to dine if you want fine dining. Pricey if you want just a regular type dinner. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks too salty........TheHammerDined on 9/6/2014Server was new. When we told him both our steaks had too much salt on them or they were brined too long nothing was done about this. Either he didn't understand or couldn't hear what we said. Our bill for two was $145.00. The noise level is atrocious and the other guests were yelling at other diners who they knew. It was funny to us and we didn't care but other guests were irritated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014As always had a great time at Final Cut. My fillet was perfect and the service was out of this world. Thanks
- AverageWinendine07Dined on 8/31/2014The ambience and service was great but if you've been to a NYC steakhouse before, it's not even comparable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Prices are very expensive for the amount of food provided. Food was good but not for the prices listedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseSandDDined on 8/24/2014A very pleasant surprise. The food was fantastic, and the service was excellent. The décor made the restaurant a very upscale experience. The wine an beer list was more than satisfactory, and a few house cocktails were different. The noise from the casino was insulated by the large glass panels and high walls. Easily a very good dining experience for special occasions or celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marvelous service Incredible SteaksStellaDined on 8/23/2014First "birthday celebration" date with my boyfriend. ..and I had to change the reservation time twice. Nan was so nice and friendly on the phone and also when we arrived. Emily, our excellent server, was beyond nice and very attentive. She was also very familiar with the menu and ingredients. 5 Stars for Emily! The food...perfect, delicious, tender, a truly deserving high cost meal. Bacon in / on all 3 courses...steaks marinated and grilled perfect...french onion soup favorite, followed by the creamed corn bacon side. We're already looking forward to the next reason to celebrate at Final Cut! Thank you Nan, Emily, Chef, and the hard working crew in the kitchen! You all made an amazing memory for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHESHEDined on 8/23/2014SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT FOOD WAS SUPERB WOULD HAVE STAYED LONGER AND ATE MORE IF IT HAD NOT BEEN SO COLDSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicethe21birthdaycrewDined on 8/17/2014Loved the room; not used to service being deliberate but Emily was excellent. Usually done eating in 1/2 hour so 2 hours was something differentSpecial Features:
- Outstanding serviceAnniversayguyDined on 8/17/2014We were early for our reservation but they accommodated us immediately. The service was outstanding. We both had the small filet and it was the best steak we have had since moving to Harrisburg a year ago.Special Features:
- Husband's Delight!JoeandHeather17099Dined on 8/15/2014Went to Hollywood Casino to have a night out with the wife, which are few and far between. We wanted a nice romantic, quiet, but classy dinner together. The waitress was top notch and the food was out of this world. We will go back to Final Cut every time we go to the casino. Worth every penny!Special Features:
- Great but smokey!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Love this place, but the last time we were there...it was extremely smokey and we had to be moved. The food is excellent, but the casino really needs to investigate the possibility of going "smoke-free"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2dineDined on 8/9/2014the wine selection was very good and I had an opportunity to try to Kobe beef-- like sliced butter.Special Features:
- Foodharr2102Dined on 8/6/2014My pork chop was very dry and tough to cut. For the price, this should have been much better. Service was also slow for the amount of people in there.
- Great service.N3WXODined on 8/1/2014This was our 2nd visit. Service, again, was very friendly and helpful. Upon booking the reservation, I noted the reason to this visit and they do read the notes as they made this quite a surprise for my girlfriend. We'll be looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great eveningBeachnutVIPDined on 8/1/2014No better lobster around. Our server (Kyle) was exceptional, and the entire meal was a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- TastyHBGfoodie21Dined on 7/12/2014Visited Final Cut for my husbands birthday; it was our first time there; food was amazing - definitely get the house bacon app if you go! Friendly, attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!weasy24Dined on 7/12/2014We have eaten at this place a few times now and have never been disappointed. This is great for special occasions as it is a bit pricey, but worth it for a gourmet meal. I highly recommend the risotto, it was fantastic. You also get a selection of breads as well as an amuse and miniature dessert tart (a bite or two) after your meal for free. There is an extensive wine list and the cocktails are always wonderful. The restaurant has rounded booths that provide some privacy from other diners. The perfect ambiance for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- Very nice.GreatDined on 7/10/2014Great food and atmosphere. Very friendly staff. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere of this restaurant. Thank you very much!Special Features:
- Love this placecherylDined on 7/9/2014Excellent service I really want to say thank you to our sever Tom he was beyond amazing and the chef is to die for Nicholas jones it was amazing cant wait to dine there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DininghwfcDined on 7/6/2014I would recommend the food at the Final Cut to be a one of a kind experience. An experience you don't want to miss.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beFineDiningAddictDined on 7/5/2014Final Cut has a well deserved reputation for incredible and creative food choices. My wife and I have frequented this restaurant many times and have always enjoyed the experience. Unfortunately, the initial 5 star experience has gradually diminished to 3+ stars in my mind over the past 1-2 years. We are not complainers and rarely write reviews. I write this hoping that the restaurant will pay more attention to detail to reclaim its historical 5 star status of the past. Don't get me wrong... this is still a great choice for a special night out.Special Features:
- great againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014As always a fantastic meal and service at Final Cut. Matt was wonderful and usual.Special Features:
- Beautiful dinnerSuperbdinnerDined on 7/4/2014Outstanding service and the food was by far greatest part of the dinner worth every dollar. Lastly met my every need to celebrate my 5th wedding anniversary with my beautiful wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DineMadeTheCutDined on 6/28/2014As usual, the meal was excellent. The staff was great. Service was prompt for this kind of meal, but we didn't feel rushed. Both of us had filets and they were the best we've had there so far. The pricy sides were good, but we were kind surprised that they charged us $4.50 each to swap mashed for the baked potato. The mushroom were excellent, but the sauce was a little rich for my taste.Special Features:
- What a wonderful place...DonnaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Our visit to Hershey brought us to Final Cut. Excellent service and great food!Special Features:
- Pleasant surprise!JustacadDined on 6/21/2014Having had no input from friends or acquaintances, and no prior experience, we knew only that Final Cut was part of a chain of Hollywood Casino restaurants. Consequently, our expectations were somewhat low. (A visit to Emeril's at the Sands in Bethlehem, PA, proved to be most disappointing.) What a most delightful experience! The servers were attentive and engaging, but not intrusive. The Ahi Tuna appetizer feature was AMAZINGLY perfect--exactly as described and impeccably prepared (Grantville, PA is, after all, land-locked!). The arugula salad was delicious, with just the right amount of savory dressing and cheese morsels. The seven-ounce filet, prepared medium-rare, was EXQUISITE--flavorful beyond belief, and sooooo tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner gemfriendoffoodDined on 6/20/2014We have dined here on several occasions and yet again were not disappointed. The food was delicious and cooked to perfection. The wine list is very good and there is something to please everyone. The crabcakes are my wife's favorite and my steak was cooked just the way I like it. The atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable. We can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Food was excellent.QpidDined on 6/14/2014I had the South African Lobster tails which are hard to get these days. They were excellently prepared as were the sides. I substituted asparragus for the carrots for a $4.00 up charge. They served two tails which was a bit too much for food for me. I ate one and took the other home for later in the week. My wife had the Salmon which was also excellent. We shared the Chocolate Moose Cake for Dessert and it was well worth it. We are non drinkers but if you like wine, they have an excellent selection. Chef surprised us with a sampler appetizer of marscapone and raspberry as well as a sampler dessert of cheesecake torte. Both were tasty.Special Features:
- It was okPONYCHASER3300Dined on 6/7/2014Dinner was ok nothing special I thought it would compare to Ruth Chris's considering the prices but was way offSpecial Features:
- best filets aroundfiletsDined on 6/4/2014we had the best filets...again...at the final cut. each time we go, we get the filets and we are never disappointed. we have had the best filets we ever have had at the final cut...unmatched in any restaurant we have found. consistently the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 405 reviews are from the Final Cut Steakhouse - Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course reviews archive.
- Excellent food; outstanding serviceRikaDined on 5/31/2014The menu has something for everyone and the food is cooked to perfection. The staff are exceptional and the service is second to none. Final Cut is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.N3WXODined on 5/31/2014Service was one of the best I've ever experienced. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And the food was beyond superb. You won't be disappointed. Kudos to all at the resturaunt. Great meal and service all the way through to the "final cut". We will be back again.Special Features:
- What a great eveningSquidDined on 5/24/2014The food was superb the staff was superb all from the hostess to the maître d' to the waitress and even the general manager what a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!BeachnutVIPDined on 5/24/2014As always, we're happy with the service and the meal couldn't be better, but we have the same gripe about the bill. Our bill for 2 came close to $200 without tip (which we expected), but how can an upscale restaurant like this continue to charge extra for a potato substitution? Far less expensive restaurants will allow substitutions with no additional charge. We ordered mashed instead of marble potatoes and, once again, there was an additional charge for the substitution! Come on, unless your meals are plated beforehand & waiting to get ordered, why the charge? Same message to the restaurant privately each time, with no response.Special Features:
- Save Your MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014We arrived promptly for an 8:30 p.m. reservation for 2. We were met by the Hostess who informed us our table would not be ready for approximately 10 minutes. We came back in 10 minutes and had to wait an additional 10. The first thing that was notciced was that we had placemats, which was odd. Not only did we have placemats, but they were dirty and stained and off putting. We ordered our drinks and they were served in a reasonable amount of time. We then ordered our meals. I had a ribeye which had unfortunately a large piece of fat and grisle that was not chewable, the steak itself was seasoned well and cooked as requested. The entire meal was cold. I have a lot more to say but evidently reviews are extremely limited..DO NOT GO SAVE YOUR $!
- Galsreviewof final cutGalsbar01Dined on 5/17/2014This was the third time that we were at the casino for an event The same thing happened on the 17th of May. We went to the Final Cut for dinner. We were told it would be at least an hour and a half to two hours before a reservation would be available. We left and walked to our car. And just for the heck of it, I went online to Open table and imagine our surprise to find a reservation open in 20 minutes.! And so we walked all the way back to restaurant. Other than the lounge,the restaurant was totally empty. Almost made me feel like we were inconveniencing the staff. I understand the whole waitstaff to customer ratio but customer satisfaction needs to be implemented at the door .Special Features: