Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
750 Hollywood Drive
Charles Town, WV 25414Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodcasinocharlestown.com/
- Phone: 8007957001x
- Hours of Operation:
All guests must be 21 or older.
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Harder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
The Final Cut is a contemporary American steakhouse featuring hand selected USDA Mid-Western Prime Beef, corn-fed and naturally aged up to four weeks to insure maximum flavor and texture. Each steak is hand cut to order, seasoned with kosher salt and tri color peppercorns, then broiled at 1600 degrees to create a thin charred crust that seals in the delicious natural beef juices. All steaks are finished with a touch of butter to enhance their natural richness. In addition to serving the highest quality beef, The Final Cut Steakhouse also features American Kobe Beef, Colorado Lamb, Duroc Pork, Free-range Chicken, Wild Salmon, Cold Water Lobster, Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna and many seasonal shellfish delivered daily to our door, plus incredible side dishes and fresh baked breads. On top of all that, The Final Cut Steakhouse offers a three hundred bottle wine list that features both New and Old World wines to pique any diner's interest. Welcome and enjoy a touch of Hollywood!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races - Best Restaurants in Charles Town ›
Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)romantic (43)fit for foodies (30)notable wine list (29)good for groups (21)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Local GemXmandinesDined on 10/17/2014The Final Cut is great place to enjoy a decent steak and a nice bottle of wine. Not many other venues in the area. The steaks are pretty decent and prepared expertly. Sides are standard fare and pretty good as well. The service is outstanding and several of the management staff come by to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. The restaurant is in a Casino so only adult aged allowed. Because it is in a Casino you have to traverse the gambling area. Fortunately it an easy to find when you enter the Casino. Make sure to have them validate your valet parking. I have never been disappointed here.Special Features:
- Top Notch DiningkmcromDined on 10/9/2014I must say that with our experience eating at the Casino where this restaurant is located we were ready for less than great. Having been to other places here that had great reviews but were sub par. From the moment we arrive we felt like we were in for a treat. From service to food to drinks it could not have been better. We tried several different things to get a good feel of the place and everything was exceptional. One down side is that it is not for the small wallet but we have paid more for less. The portion sizes are enough that you can either share a meal or make a pig of yourself. We chose the later. If you are looking for a dining experience than I highly recommend Final Cut. It is by far the best they have there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great experienceFoodieDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I were in Harpers Ferry for our wedding anniversary, and Final Cut was recommended to us as a great place to go. We had an 8:45 reservation and they close at 9pm, so the place was relatively empty. I cant say much about what the scene is like on a busy Saturday night, but the lack of guests that late on a Sunday made for great service. He gave helpful recommendations of their drink lists and food specials, and was very attentive. We ordered two appetizers, and split a steak. Sometimes the fancy restaurants frown upon you sharing, but they were very accommodating and did not charge a sharing fee. Before even knowing it was our anniversary, he brought dessert to our table on the house. Overall, great experience, great food.Special Features:
- Genuine Kobe - Not for the timidSteveCDined on 10/3/2014This night's special was very special indeed; genuine Japanese A-5 Kobe tenderloins! The fact that Final Cut would invest in offering the very best steak the world has to offer says, among other things, a great deal about the confidence they have in Chef Kevin Longmire. Chef Kevin delivered in dramatic fashion on this night. He prepared a requested carpaccio appetizer, which featured both prime beef and the Kobe, with the Kobe wrapped around a dollop a very flavorable guacamole - with incredible results. The Kobe filets arrived prepared EXACTLY as ordered, and were so tender that a fork was all that was necessary to cut the meat. Execution from the kitchen - and McLean's service - were perfect. Nobody does it better than this team!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected eveningNotourFinalCutDined on 10/2/2014The Final Cut was everything we expected. Alex, our waiter who we have had for several previous dinings, was attentive and conversational. The remaining staff treated us as if we were old friends. This was our fourth dining and plan many more, although we are in our eighties. Thanks for a winning experience. More than we can say for the rest of our time in the casino. (That's a joke, but not too funny.)Special Features:
- Great!!BshadyDined on 9/27/2014I took my wife there for her birthday. We both loved our food and service. The wine list was great as was the surroundings. We will defiantly be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Benefits of Being a "Regular"SteveCDined on 9/27/2014Newly anointed Head Chef Kevin Longmire honored a request for Steak Tartare appetizers; delivering expertly crafted "truffle" tartare, flavor with a little horseradish sauce and basil oil. A perfect presentation of a dish that is rarely ever done perfectly. The Tartare was accompanied by a delicate microgreen salad that was exceptional - and rarely available anywhere. The bone-in ribeye was, as always cooked to perfection, and my wife's choice of fried shrimp over tomato risotto was truly a work of art. The shrimp were delicately butterflied and fried, and the risotto featured a burst of flavors that were clearly the product of a great culinary mind. Perfect service from McLean (as always) made a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Pleasant SurpriseTravellerVIPDined on 9/25/2014A comfortable booth for 4 and all of us had the 49.99 pre-fixe menu with wine pairing. Fresh bibb lettuce salad & carrot soup - delicious. Salmon - perfectly cooked and served on rice pilaf with an orange sauce - excellent. The strip steaks were flavorful and done to as requested. Side choices were limited on this menu (no green vegetable) - choice of two from creamed corn, mushrooms, fried or mashed potatoes. There were no complaints. Dessert was a choice of a bar of layered cake or chocolate "whoopie pies" filled with strawberry ice cream and a side of sweetened sliced strawberries. Again, no complaints and no leftovers! Wine - 2 4 oz. pours. Nice service. We'd go back.Special Features:
- What a great place!dininganewDined on 9/24/2014The food is great and atmosphere is perfect. Ask for oscarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter is awesome!!!!!BalcarfoodiesDined on 9/20/2014LASKER (our waiter)IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST!!! HE REALLY LOVES HIS WORK AND HAS AN UNUSUAL PASSION!! HE KNOWS HIS CLIENTS AND CARES THAT THEY HAVE AN EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCE!!! I WISH I HAD TEN OF HIM!!! When the food is great and the help is on top of their game,it is a very positive experience!!!😃😃😃😊😊😊😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantasticSharpsburgCoupleDined on 9/19/2014We are regulars at Final Cut, and love it every time. We are well traveled, and have eaten in the best restaurants from NYC, Vegas, Napa, Italy, etc. the Final Cut ranks among them with world class quality steaks, amazing wine list and superb service that is top notch, yet comfortable and relaxed. Laskar the server and Sam at the bar are great people and yet another reason we go back time and time again!Special Features:
- High MarksRetiredInCharlesTownDined on 9/13/2014Final Cut, while very pricey, is worth it. It is very upscale with outstanding food. It provide a touch of class to the Casino and to the community in general. We highly recommend it for special occasions or anytime one wants to dine upscale without the travel to the metro area. They called ahead to confirm, asking if we were dining for a special occasion or if there were any allergies in our party. That carried through with the waiter acknowledging the allergy I had mentioned.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayBowtie236Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I have had the opportunity to dine at the Final Cut Restaurant, easily 25+ times. Therefore, I feel very qualified to provide an overall, fair review. Let me start by saying that I have yet to have an experience less than outstanding....and I sincerely mean that. The food is superb and the service is pure perfection. We have dined at the finest restaurants in the the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan area and I cannot recall ever having the exceptional level of service that comes with a dining experience at the Final Cut. So if you have the opportunity to go to the Hollywood Casino in Charles Town, WV, do make plans to dine at the Final Cut....you will indeed be glad you did. Enjoy!
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our 42nd Anniversary; very enjoyable evening. Courses were presented beautifully and were scrumptious. Restaurant has a very relaxed feeling. Staff is attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- jimmyjDined on 9/13/2014We had a nice dinner and great service. The food (specifically) the potatoes were not as good as I have had before. I think they were different than the ones offered on the menu...they were more like French fries. Other than that, everything was fine.Special Features:
- Always a great mealFOODisLIFEVIPDined on 9/12/2014Whenever I make the trek to the casino I always have dinner at Final cut. It is nothing short of perfection every time I visit. It's not just the food that makes the restaurant it's the great service. The waiters are professional and make it a point to know their clients to the point of remembering you and your usual order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Final CutkbowmanDined on 9/10/2014This was my second time to eat at The Final Cut. It is very pricy and truly too pricy for Charles Town but the service and food were outstanding. The steak was a little charred on the outside but had good flavor and was very tender. The homemade pasta appetizer was out of this world. The mac n cheese was too garlicy but presentation was nice. The desserts were wonderful. My son said the bread was the best he has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJFeehanDined on 9/7/2014From the confirmation call to the arrival to the service to the food. This place is top notch. The steaks were cooked perfectly and an excellent cut. The sides are family style. Great variety of wines and drinks. It is a plus that the servers have all been there since the restaurant opened.Special Features:
- amazing service, but it'll cost youpickpinkDined on 9/5/2014We had such an abusing waiter, he was helpful, respectful, and quick. The entire staff was super friendly. If it wasn't so pricey, it'd be a regular date night spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressivebigdineDined on 9/5/2014Great Service with outstanding food. It will be a must on our Charles Town visit list! nothing better in the state of WV.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I think the dessert menu needs a little work. The dish was totally frozen and difficult to cut into portions. I would try something else next time we're in the restaurant.Special Features:
- The Next Star Chef Steps ForwardSteveCDined on 8/24/2014This night was the third in a series of incredible wine dinners hosted by the Final Cut. 10 wines were sampled, including some greats from Virginia, that were selected by Greg Joyce of the Country Vintner - maybe the most knowledgeable wine expert on the planet - and Manager Hristina Ninova, who could be anyone's sommelier. Perfect selections. But the dinner this night was the first such event for newly anointed head chef Kevin Longmire. From the sea bass ceviche canapé to the fig brulee dessert, the dinner planned by Chef Kevin was perfect in terms of test, but the artful presentations defy description. Most at the dinner were very familiar with many famous chefs, and all were in agreement that we were seeing the next big star chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Great steaks always cooked to perfection. The staff is friendly and remembers previous visits. Definitely one of our favorite placesSpecial Features:
- evening out experiencelovekeywestDined on 8/22/2014I would like to say that we came up to the casino for a concert and we decided to make reservations at the steakhouse there I had was a bit surprised when I got there Ozzy atmosphere and decor was very doll but pleasantly surprised when we had a wonderful server by the name of George he made our experience really nice very friendly informative and easy going pretty good my fish was excellent I would recommend this place for fine dining but its just in the middle of the casino onlydownfall so it smells of smoke so badly before u enter restaurant its a turn offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experience74umgradVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. The food was excellent and our server, Alex Link, was wonderful. It was our first time here and my only complaint is in the actual layout of the facility. One must make a lengthy walk through the cigarette smoke in the blue haze of the casino there. Although Final Cut allows no smoking, my wife, who is particularly sensitive to such smoke, could smell it in the air, as there is no door separating Final Cut from the casino, but rather an open doorway. Perhaps there is a way to get to this restaurant without walking through the casino; if so, we will use it on our next visit. Also, a door separating the restaurant from the casino should be added.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualPeacefulLeeDined on 8/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal again. Though it is expensive it was well worth it. The options, the service, the food, the presentation, everything was wonderful. We will definitely dine there again. We highly recommend the ribeye and the filet along with the wine flight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFoodiemom2014Dined on 8/15/2014The Final Cut was well above our expectations , it was a little on the pricey side but worth every penny ! We can't wait to go back and try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great menuWxgrl230Dined on 8/13/2014After looking at the menu online my mouth was watering from all the delicious options - several seafood, chicken and lamb options and not just steak. They also had a prix fixe menu that was a great price but the selections didn't get me very excited. We started with the tuna and pasta appetizer, both were beautifully plated and artfully crafted. I had the scallops for my entree and my husband had the 16 oz ribeye. His ribeye was cooked perfectly as were my scallops. The scallops were served over a potato hash with bacon and sour cream. They were incredibly salty. My husband, who loves salty food, loved them. The truffle Mac was also inedibly salty; my husband liked it. We got a free dessert since it was his birthday. Would still recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoypurpleDined on 8/13/2014There were plenty of selections in each category. The filet was outstanding and the sides were delicious.Special Features:
- Special TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014It took my cousin for her birthday. We were very impressed by our server George. He took his time and offered appropriate suggestions. The rest of the staff were also very welcoming. The dinner was outstanding. We both admired our salads. They were easily the best and freshest salads that I have ever eaten. The steak was perfectly prepared. And the Lava Cake dessert was perfect. The fruity sauce was an exact match to to the chocolate. The room was tasteful although the art and artifacts are too far away from my eye to enjoy fully. We had a perfect view of the casino floor which made us feel connected to the excitement but no noise to distract you from your table conversation. Price was expected for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most excellent food presentationLvfinediningDined on 8/7/2014The dinner and variety of dishes it was served was awesome. The waiter was very attentive. The food was very good. The presentation was amazing. My family and I had the best dining experience in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectations metJeffRDined on 8/2/2014This steakhouse has a great location, so it would be understandable if they phoned it in. They did not. I enjoyed a great filet - not the best I've ever eaten, but great. The apps, wine, liquor, dessert, and ambiance were fabulous. The staff were outstanding. Overall, this was an experience I expected to be very good, but was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dedication on a busy nightSteveCDined on 8/1/2014The Wagyu hangar steak prepared this night by Chef John Harder with a Habanero-Oregano demi, was extraordinary. Better than anyone I have seen, Chef Harder knows his way around his peppers and spices. This very unique touch brings unexpected excitement to pretty much anything he prepares. But on this extremely busy night, I could not help but marvel at the work ethic of the staff. From the Manager, who could be seen at varying times expediting in the kitchen, delivering food and busing tables, and then elegantly dealing with customers, to the back waiters who seemed to be everywhere at once. Busy as he was, our waiter McLean never missed anything. An impressive experience rarely seen these days. A very special, well-led team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed Expectationslove2dineDined on 7/30/2014We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary at The Final Cut based on word of mouth recommendations. We would most definitely return again and again! Not having ever been, we decided to go with the Pre Fixe menu and it was really outstanding. Everything was cooked perfectly, presented beautifully and tasted perfectly delicious! Our waiter and all other staff we dealt with, were top-notch. We even had a card from the restaurant wishing us a Happy Anniversary. The prices are a little high on the al a cart menu but that would not stop me from returning. Very high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike CMichaelDined on 7/25/2014Awsome place we have been there 4 times always greatSpecial Features:
- Good but needs a little polishzanexecVIPDined on 7/25/2014Arrived a bit early and the staff were very gracious and got a table for us right away. We ordered the filet (wonderful) and lamb chops (order medium rare and arrived rare). Service was spot-on, however there were things that were a bit off: menus arrived with grease spots on both the menu and dessert menu (restaurant manager should check), no bathroom in the restaurant (no control by the restaurant) and no dress requirements (many people in flip flops and tee shirts). However, that being said it was a fine meal and we certainly shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Chef Steps UpSteveCDined on 7/18/2014Chef John Harder was absent on this night, leaving Chef Kevin Longmire at the helm. Despite the busy night, Chef Kevin honored a late request for tartare, with a beautifully prepared truffle tartare that was pretty much as good as it gets. The Wagyu Ribeye special, was indeed special. I have enjoyed a few very unique specials in the past prepared by Chef Kevin, and quickly realized that his presentations are serious culinary art, with each special featuring one or more elements leaving you wondering "how did he do that"? His efforts put me in the mind of the artistry one sees in the hors d'oeuvres presented by Chef Patrick O'Connor at the Inn at Little Washington. Given his experience working with great chefs, I should not be surpised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but way overpriced1armedgalDined on 7/18/2014Our server was outstanding however the same cannot be said of the food. The steaks were good but the sides were disappointing to say the least. Again, service/our server was great but is way overpriced for the amount and quality of food received.Special Features:
- Meaning of PERFECTIONRichBeyondImaginationDined on 7/17/2014PERFECT. We have dined in 471 cities, 42 states and seven countries. Final Cut rates on our "Top Five" list, beaten out ONLY by Las Vegas, Italy, Niagara-on the Lake (Canada) and Switzerland. Value of 100% for price, consistency of food and service, also providing remarkable "team work" from their entire staff. Truly a "Diamond in the Rough". We have been there 37 times and every time we take others - they are ALWAYS amAzed. GREAT job from all of the staff.Special Features:
- ironwillDined on 7/16/2014Best ceasar salad and new york bone-in steak I have ever had...outstanding...also the salt encrusted baked potatoe was awesome...Special Features: