Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
750 Hollywood Drive
Charles Town, WV 25414Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodcasinocharlestown.com/
- Phone: 8007957001x
- Hours of Operation:
All guests must be 21 or older.
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Harder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
The Final Cut is a contemporary American steakhouse featuring hand selected USDA Mid-Western Prime Beef, corn-fed and naturally aged up to four weeks to insure maximum flavor and texture. Each steak is hand cut to order, seasoned with kosher salt and tri color peppercorns, then broiled at 1600 degrees to create a thin charred crust that seals in the delicious natural beef juices. All steaks are finished with a touch of butter to enhance their natural richness. In addition to serving the highest quality beef, The Final Cut Steakhouse also features American Kobe Beef, Colorado Lamb, Duroc Pork, Free-range Chicken, Wild Salmon, Cold Water Lobster, Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna and many seasonal shellfish delivered daily to our door, plus incredible side dishes and fresh baked breads. On top of all that, The Final Cut Steakhouse offers a three hundred bottle wine list that features both New and Old World wines to pique any diner's interest. Welcome and enjoy a touch of Hollywood!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races - Best Restaurants in Charles Town ›
Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)romantic (44)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (26)good for groups (19)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I took my wife there for her birthday. We both loved our food and service. The wine list was great as was the surroundings. We will defiantly be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Pleasant SurpriseTravellerVIPDined on 9/25/2014A comfortable booth for 4 and all of us had the 49.99 pre-fixe menu with wine pairing. Fresh bibb lettuce salad & carrot soup - delicious. Salmon - perfectly cooked and served on rice pilaf with an orange sauce - excellent. The strip steaks were flavorful and done to as requested. Side choices were limited on this menu (no green vegetable) - choice of two from creamed corn, mushrooms, fried or mashed potatoes. There were no complaints. Dessert was a choice of a bar of layered cake or chocolate "whoopie pies" filled with strawberry ice cream and a side of sweetened sliced strawberries. Again, no complaints and no leftovers! Wine - 2 4 oz. pours. Nice service. We'd go back.Special Features:
- Waiter is awesome!!!!!BalcarfoodiesDined on 9/20/2014LASKER (our waiter)IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST!!! HE REALLY LOVES HIS WORK AND HAS AN UNUSUAL PASSION!! HE KNOWS HIS CLIENTS AND CARES THAT THEY HAVE AN EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCE!!! I WISH I HAD TEN OF HIM!!! When the food is great and the help is on top of their game,it is a very positive experience!!!😃😃😃😊😊😊😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantasticSharpsburgCoupleDined on 9/19/2014We are regulars at Final Cut, and love it every time. We are well traveled, and have eaten in the best restaurants from NYC, Vegas, Napa, Italy, etc. the Final Cut ranks among them with world class quality steaks, amazing wine list and superb service that is top notch, yet comfortable and relaxed. Laskar the server and Sam at the bar are great people and yet another reason we go back time and time again!Special Features:
- High MarksRetiredInCharlesTownDined on 9/13/2014Final Cut, while very pricey, is worth it. It is very upscale with outstanding food. It provide a touch of class to the Casino and to the community in general. We highly recommend it for special occasions or anytime one wants to dine upscale without the travel to the metro area. They called ahead to confirm, asking if we were dining for a special occasion or if there were any allergies in our party. That carried through with the waiter acknowledging the allergy I had mentioned.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayBowtie236Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I have had the opportunity to dine at the Final Cut Restaurant, easily 25+ times. Therefore, I feel very qualified to provide an overall, fair review. Let me start by saying that I have yet to have an experience less than outstanding....and I sincerely mean that. The food is superb and the service is pure perfection. We have dined at the finest restaurants in the the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan area and I cannot recall ever having the exceptional level of service that comes with a dining experience at the Final Cut. So if you have the opportunity to go to the Hollywood Casino in Charles Town, WV, do make plans to dine at the Final Cut....you will indeed be glad you did. Enjoy!
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our 42nd Anniversary; very enjoyable evening. Courses were presented beautifully and were scrumptious. Restaurant has a very relaxed feeling. Staff is attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- jimmyjDined on 9/13/2014We had a nice dinner and great service. The food (specifically) the potatoes were not as good as I have had before. I think they were different than the ones offered on the menu...they were more like French fries. Other than that, everything was fine.Special Features:
- Always a great mealFOODisLIFEVIPDined on 9/12/2014Whenever I make the trek to the casino I always have dinner at Final cut. It is nothing short of perfection every time I visit. It's not just the food that makes the restaurant it's the great service. The waiters are professional and make it a point to know their clients to the point of remembering you and your usual order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Final CutkbowmanDined on 9/10/2014This was my second time to eat at The Final Cut. It is very pricy and truly too pricy for Charles Town but the service and food were outstanding. The steak was a little charred on the outside but had good flavor and was very tender. The homemade pasta appetizer was out of this world. The mac n cheese was too garlicy but presentation was nice. The desserts were wonderful. My son said the bread was the best he has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJFeehanDined on 9/7/2014From the confirmation call to the arrival to the service to the food. This place is top notch. The steaks were cooked perfectly and an excellent cut. The sides are family style. Great variety of wines and drinks. It is a plus that the servers have all been there since the restaurant opened.Special Features:
- amazing service, but it'll cost youpickpinkDined on 9/5/2014We had such an abusing waiter, he was helpful, respectful, and quick. The entire staff was super friendly. If it wasn't so pricey, it'd be a regular date night spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressivebigdineDined on 9/5/2014Great Service with outstanding food. It will be a must on our Charles Town visit list! nothing better in the state of WV.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I think the dessert menu needs a little work. The dish was totally frozen and difficult to cut into portions. I would try something else next time we're in the restaurant.Special Features:
- The Next Star Chef Steps ForwardSteveCDined on 8/24/2014This night was the third in a series of incredible wine dinners hosted by the Final Cut. 10 wines were sampled, including some greats from Virginia, that were selected by Greg Joyce of the Country Vintner - maybe the most knowledgeable wine expert on the planet - and Manager Hristina Ninova, who could be anyone's sommelier. Perfect selections. But the dinner this night was the first such event for newly anointed head chef Kevin Longmire. From the sea bass ceviche canapé to the fig brulee dessert, the dinner planned by Chef Kevin was perfect in terms of test, but the artful presentations defy description. Most at the dinner were very familiar with many famous chefs, and all were in agreement that we were seeing the next big star chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Great steaks always cooked to perfection. The staff is friendly and remembers previous visits. Definitely one of our favorite placesSpecial Features:
- evening out experiencelovekeywestDined on 8/22/2014I would like to say that we came up to the casino for a concert and we decided to make reservations at the steakhouse there I had was a bit surprised when I got there Ozzy atmosphere and decor was very doll but pleasantly surprised when we had a wonderful server by the name of George he made our experience really nice very friendly informative and easy going pretty good my fish was excellent I would recommend this place for fine dining but its just in the middle of the casino onlydownfall so it smells of smoke so badly before u enter restaurant its a turn offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experience74umgradVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. The food was excellent and our server, Alex Link, was wonderful. It was our first time here and my only complaint is in the actual layout of the facility. One must make a lengthy walk through the cigarette smoke in the blue haze of the casino there. Although Final Cut allows no smoking, my wife, who is particularly sensitive to such smoke, could smell it in the air, as there is no door separating Final Cut from the casino, but rather an open doorway. Perhaps there is a way to get to this restaurant without walking through the casino; if so, we will use it on our next visit. Also, a door separating the restaurant from the casino should be added.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualPeacefulLeeDined on 8/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal again. Though it is expensive it was well worth it. The options, the service, the food, the presentation, everything was wonderful. We will definitely dine there again. We highly recommend the ribeye and the filet along with the wine flight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFoodiemom2014Dined on 8/15/2014The Final Cut was well above our expectations , it was a little on the pricey side but worth every penny ! We can't wait to go back and try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great menuWxgrl230Dined on 8/13/2014After looking at the menu online my mouth was watering from all the delicious options - several seafood, chicken and lamb options and not just steak. They also had a prix fixe menu that was a great price but the selections didn't get me very excited. We started with the tuna and pasta appetizer, both were beautifully plated and artfully crafted. I had the scallops for my entree and my husband had the 16 oz ribeye. His ribeye was cooked perfectly as were my scallops. The scallops were served over a potato hash with bacon and sour cream. They were incredibly salty. My husband, who loves salty food, loved them. The truffle Mac was also inedibly salty; my husband liked it. We got a free dessert since it was his birthday. Would still recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoypurpleDined on 8/13/2014There were plenty of selections in each category. The filet was outstanding and the sides were delicious.Special Features:
- Special TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014It took my cousin for her birthday. We were very impressed by our server George. He took his time and offered appropriate suggestions. The rest of the staff were also very welcoming. The dinner was outstanding. We both admired our salads. They were easily the best and freshest salads that I have ever eaten. The steak was perfectly prepared. And the Lava Cake dessert was perfect. The fruity sauce was an exact match to to the chocolate. The room was tasteful although the art and artifacts are too far away from my eye to enjoy fully. We had a perfect view of the casino floor which made us feel connected to the excitement but no noise to distract you from your table conversation. Price was expected for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A most excellent food presentationLvfinediningDined on 8/7/2014The dinner and variety of dishes it was served was awesome. The waiter was very attentive. The food was very good. The presentation was amazing. My family and I had the best dining experience in a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectations metJeffRDined on 8/2/2014This steakhouse has a great location, so it would be understandable if they phoned it in. They did not. I enjoyed a great filet - not the best I've ever eaten, but great. The apps, wine, liquor, dessert, and ambiance were fabulous. The staff were outstanding. Overall, this was an experience I expected to be very good, but was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dedication on a busy nightSteveCDined on 8/1/2014The Wagyu hangar steak prepared this night by Chef John Harder with a Habanero-Oregano demi, was extraordinary. Better than anyone I have seen, Chef Harder knows his way around his peppers and spices. This very unique touch brings unexpected excitement to pretty much anything he prepares. But on this extremely busy night, I could not help but marvel at the work ethic of the staff. From the Manager, who could be seen at varying times expediting in the kitchen, delivering food and busing tables, and then elegantly dealing with customers, to the back waiters who seemed to be everywhere at once. Busy as he was, our waiter McLean never missed anything. An impressive experience rarely seen these days. A very special, well-led team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed Expectationslove2dineDined on 7/30/2014We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary at The Final Cut based on word of mouth recommendations. We would most definitely return again and again! Not having ever been, we decided to go with the Pre Fixe menu and it was really outstanding. Everything was cooked perfectly, presented beautifully and tasted perfectly delicious! Our waiter and all other staff we dealt with, were top-notch. We even had a card from the restaurant wishing us a Happy Anniversary. The prices are a little high on the al a cart menu but that would not stop me from returning. Very high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike CMichaelDined on 7/25/2014Awsome place we have been there 4 times always greatSpecial Features:
- Good but needs a little polishzanexecVIPDined on 7/25/2014Arrived a bit early and the staff were very gracious and got a table for us right away. We ordered the filet (wonderful) and lamb chops (order medium rare and arrived rare). Service was spot-on, however there were things that were a bit off: menus arrived with grease spots on both the menu and dessert menu (restaurant manager should check), no bathroom in the restaurant (no control by the restaurant) and no dress requirements (many people in flip flops and tee shirts). However, that being said it was a fine meal and we certainly shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Chef Steps UpSteveCDined on 7/18/2014Chef John Harder was absent on this night, leaving Chef Kevin Longmire at the helm. Despite the busy night, Chef Kevin honored a late request for tartare, with a beautifully prepared truffle tartare that was pretty much as good as it gets. The Wagyu Ribeye special, was indeed special. I have enjoyed a few very unique specials in the past prepared by Chef Kevin, and quickly realized that his presentations are serious culinary art, with each special featuring one or more elements leaving you wondering "how did he do that"? His efforts put me in the mind of the artistry one sees in the hors d'oeuvres presented by Chef Patrick O'Connor at the Inn at Little Washington. Given his experience working with great chefs, I should not be surpised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but way overpriced1armedgalDined on 7/18/2014Our server was outstanding however the same cannot be said of the food. The steaks were good but the sides were disappointing to say the least. Again, service/our server was great but is way overpriced for the amount and quality of food received.Special Features:
- Meaning of PERFECTIONRichBeyondImaginationDined on 7/17/2014PERFECT. We have dined in 471 cities, 42 states and seven countries. Final Cut rates on our "Top Five" list, beaten out ONLY by Las Vegas, Italy, Niagara-on the Lake (Canada) and Switzerland. Value of 100% for price, consistency of food and service, also providing remarkable "team work" from their entire staff. Truly a "Diamond in the Rough". We have been there 37 times and every time we take others - they are ALWAYS amAzed. GREAT job from all of the staff.Special Features:
- ironwillDined on 7/16/2014Best ceasar salad and new york bone-in steak I have ever had...outstanding...also the salt encrusted baked potatoe was awesome...Special Features:
- Great food! Great service!gr8tdiningDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I dined with two couples we have not seen for a while. We knew they loved a good steak dinner and The Final Cut did not disappoint. We had a lovely time. Nathaniel made sure our service was excellent and reconfirmed our order before it was placed. The food was delicious, especially the steaks, and cooked to perfection. The sides are ample for sharing and that's exactly what we did. The vegetables were fresh and flavorful. The bread is out of this world! A few of us had drinks but we did not partake of the wine list. The ambiance was enjoyable. Even though the restaurant is located inside a casino, it was quiet. Although a bit pricey, we enjoyed the meal and our time together at this establishment. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great night outBarrettsGrillGreatDined on 7/10/2014We had excellent service and great food and drink. They were especially considerate for my wife's birthday. We had a great night out!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal at Final CutWVDinerDined on 7/5/2014We had a wonderful meal at Final Cut. The service was impeccable from start to finish, from the Hostess to the Waiter to the Assistant waiters. The pace of the meal was impeccably managed. The food was sumptuous. Very unique presentation for shrimp cocktail appetizer. The scallops were perfectly cooked. Excellent wine list featuring international wines, West coast US wines and more nearby Virginia wines. We were delighted.Special Features:
- Just a little more effortmsmcDined on 7/5/2014The food and service were very good, however, the table was uneven and rocked about and there was no bathroom in the restaurant: you had to use the public bathroom in the casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive restaurantfrequentdinerDined on 7/5/2014The serving sizes are large, however, expensive. Service was very good. Dinner for 2 people with drinks and 1 dessert was $145 plus 20% tip. Expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovation, even on a busy nightSteveCDined on 7/5/2014On a very busy night - made more so by the Creedence Clearwater concern - Chef John Harder found time to honor another special request for carpaccio. We have enjoyed his carpaccio creations more than 20 times and each one is very different from the last. This time, the plate was "painted" with a new sauce created for a Wagyu short rib special, featuring I believe lemongrass, sweet chili and anise, and the beef was enhanced with traces of celery root and aged balsamic. The short rib special was served two ways - braised with above sauce on one side, and grilled to temperature on the other. Genuine perfection here. My wife's tuna entrée was perfect. Perfect service from McLain and flawless management, as always, made it very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Excellent setting for a business dinner. Prompt, but not intrusive, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.