Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
750 Hollywood Drive
Charles Town, WV 25414Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodcasinocharlestown.com/
- Phone: (800) 795-7001
- Hours of Operation:
All guests must be 21 or older.
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Harder
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races
The Final Cut is a contemporary American steakhouse featuring hand selected USDA Mid-Western Prime Beef, corn-fed and naturally aged up to four weeks to insure maximum flavor and texture. Each steak is hand cut to order, seasoned with kosher salt and tri color peppercorns, then broiled at 1600 degrees to create a thin charred crust that seals in the delicious natural beef juices. All steaks are finished with a touch of butter to enhance their natural richness. In addition to serving the highest quality beef, The Final Cut Steakhouse also features American Kobe Beef, Colorado Lamb, Duroc Pork, Free-range Chicken, Wild Salmon, Cold Water Lobster, Sushi Grade Ahi Tuna and many seasonal shellfish delivered daily to our door, plus incredible side dishes and fresh baked breads. On top of all that, The Final Cut Steakhouse offers a three hundred bottle wine list that features both New and Old World wines to pique any diner's interest. Welcome and enjoy a touch of Hollywood!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races - Best Restaurants in Charles Town ›
Final Cut - Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)romantic (41)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (26)good for groups (17)hot spot (9)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- SteakhousejzollerDined on 11/22/2014To sum up: a mediocre experience. This restaurant is located in a casino yet I did not expect to walk through the casino. The odor of tobacco in the casino was an immediate "turn off." There was no smoking within the restaurant, fortunately. The restaurant itself is attractive but there is no dress code. Some of the male diners were in T shirts. Service was attentive (this was the one positive). The food itself hardly lived up to the pretentious price tag.
- Birthday dinner.NotourFinalCutDined on 11/20/2014This was many of our repeat dinners. Everything met our expectations. Alex, our requested server was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, But Overwhelming Casino Smell!JaimieDined on 11/15/2014The food was honestly amazing and cooked to perfection. Our waiter was also great. I am personally quite sensitive to cigarette smoke and being from Maryland I completely didn't think about the fact that smoking was still allowed in establishments here. The smoke smell was SO overwhelming it was hard to eat...and breath. I walked out of there smelling like I had smoked 10 packs personally. Wish this was more closed off or something! Only go if you can handle lots of smoke!
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Steaks were awesome, sides were marginal, dessert was wonderful. Service was great, Nice place, would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok but not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014The service was excellent and the appetizers and bread were delicious. I added grilled shrimp, $18 add on, and they tasted like they came from a freezer. The filet was good but not $50 good. The truffle mac and cheese was decent but again not worth $13. Maybe I hit it on an off night but I wouldn't recommend the final cut for the prices.
- Unexpected delightLarryDined on 11/12/2014This was my first occasion to dine at the Final Cut. I was totally impressed from the time of arrival until my departure. From a delightful greeting by the hostess to the charming and romantic atmosphere of the restaurant itself, one knew that they were in for an exceptional dining experience. Our server was wonderful and very professional. He was very knowledgeable about the wines we were interested in and was able to recommend one that was excellent for our taste. he was also able to discuss the menu choices in detail which made it easy for us to decide. The steaks we ordered were cooked to perfection (compliments for the chef) , as well as the entire meal. I will definitely return to dine every time I am in the area. An immensely wonderful and relaxing experience. I will recommend it to everyone I know. This is a place well worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Final Cut reviewBestcutDined on 11/5/2014Food is wonderful, atmosphere vert romantic, nice. But real find here is the service. Outstanding to say the least. It was my birthday, and restaurant offered free dessert for the occasion. I go to this restaurant whenever possible. Restaurant is inside Hollywood Casino, which makes for a fun night overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary which I mentioned in the one reservation. The staff was great and acknowledged the occasion. Courses were served timely and our server was very attentive. My one drawback that will minimize my return visits is the costs. The prices are extremely high where I paid more here than costs per person I've spent at a Ruth's Chris or Shula's steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerbschreibsteinDined on 10/30/2014My wife and I and friends have been going to Final Cut in the Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races since it opened a few years ago. The food is excellent and the service is wonderful. If you can, ask for Lasker as your waiter. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great food and servicePhilliegalDined on 10/29/2014Celebrated my birthday at Final Cut. I was wished a happy birthday by every employee I came in contact with, and received a free dessert (delicious cheesecake). Delicious steak and sides on the prix fixe menu. Love Final cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected TreatsunfoodieDined on 10/19/2014The Final Cut was such a surprise, this absolutely incredible steak house tucked into a casino, in Las Vegas I would completely expect to find Final Cut in a casino, but in Charles Town, WV? What a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceChuck1Dined on 10/19/2014I have been to the Final Cut a few times and I have always been delighted by the wonderful atmosphere and great service. The food is well prepared and the wine selection is extraordinary. The menu selection is fantastic and I have never been disappointed with anything I have ordered from the appetizers, through the main course, to the desert. The Final Cut is truly a great restaurant and the managers, hosts, waiters, and chefs truly make the dining experience pleasant and memorable.Special Features:
- Local GemXmandinesDined on 10/17/2014The Final Cut is great place to enjoy a decent steak and a nice bottle of wine. Not many other venues in the area. The steaks are pretty decent and prepared expertly. Sides are standard fare and pretty good as well. The service is outstanding and several of the management staff come by to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. The restaurant is in a Casino so only adult aged allowed. Because it is in a Casino you have to traverse the gambling area. Fortunately it an easy to find when you enter the Casino. Make sure to have them validate your valet parking. I have never been disappointed here.Special Features:
- Great service & Food!IowanLovesSavannahDined on 10/12/2014Thanks to the Casino this area has a top notch steak house. Great service, menu and food. Will definitely return to Final Cut when in the area again!Special Features:
- Top Notch DiningkmcromDined on 10/9/2014I must say that with our experience eating at the Casino where this restaurant is located we were ready for less than great. Having been to other places here that had great reviews but were sub par. From the moment we arrive we felt like we were in for a treat. From service to food to drinks it could not have been better. We tried several different things to get a good feel of the place and everything was exceptional. One down side is that it is not for the small wallet but we have paid more for less. The portion sizes are enough that you can either share a meal or make a pig of yourself. We chose the later. If you are looking for a dining experience than I highly recommend Final Cut. It is by far the best they have there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great experienceFoodieDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I were in Harpers Ferry for our wedding anniversary, and Final Cut was recommended to us as a great place to go. We had an 8:45 reservation and they close at 9pm, so the place was relatively empty. I cant say much about what the scene is like on a busy Saturday night, but the lack of guests that late on a Sunday made for great service. He gave helpful recommendations of their drink lists and food specials, and was very attentive. We ordered two appetizers, and split a steak. Sometimes the fancy restaurants frown upon you sharing, but they were very accommodating and did not charge a sharing fee. Before even knowing it was our anniversary, he brought dessert to our table on the house. Overall, great experience, great food.Special Features:
- Genuine Kobe - Not for the timidSteveCDined on 10/3/2014This night's special was very special indeed; genuine Japanese A-5 Kobe tenderloins! The fact that Final Cut would invest in offering the very best steak the world has to offer says, among other things, a great deal about the confidence they have in Chef Kevin Longmire. Chef Kevin delivered in dramatic fashion on this night. He prepared a requested carpaccio appetizer, which featured both prime beef and the Kobe, with the Kobe wrapped around a dollop a very flavorable guacamole - with incredible results. The Kobe filets arrived prepared EXACTLY as ordered, and were so tender that a fork was all that was necessary to cut the meat. Execution from the kitchen - and McLean's service - were perfect. Nobody does it better than this team!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected eveningNotourFinalCutDined on 10/2/2014The Final Cut was everything we expected. Alex, our waiter who we have had for several previous dinings, was attentive and conversational. The remaining staff treated us as if we were old friends. This was our fourth dining and plan many more, although we are in our eighties. Thanks for a winning experience. More than we can say for the rest of our time in the casino. (That's a joke, but not too funny.)Special Features:
- Great!!BshadyDined on 9/27/2014I took my wife there for her birthday. We both loved our food and service. The wine list was great as was the surroundings. We will defiantly be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Benefits of Being a "Regular"SteveCDined on 9/27/2014Newly anointed Head Chef Kevin Longmire honored a request for Steak Tartare appetizers; delivering expertly crafted "truffle" tartare, flavor with a little horseradish sauce and basil oil. A perfect presentation of a dish that is rarely ever done perfectly. The Tartare was accompanied by a delicate microgreen salad that was exceptional - and rarely available anywhere. The bone-in ribeye was, as always cooked to perfection, and my wife's choice of fried shrimp over tomato risotto was truly a work of art. The shrimp were delicately butterflied and fried, and the risotto featured a burst of flavors that were clearly the product of a great culinary mind. Perfect service from McLean (as always) made a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Pleasant SurpriseTravellerVIPDined on 9/25/2014A comfortable booth for 4 and all of us had the 49.99 pre-fixe menu with wine pairing. Fresh bibb lettuce salad & carrot soup - delicious. Salmon - perfectly cooked and served on rice pilaf with an orange sauce - excellent. The strip steaks were flavorful and done to as requested. Side choices were limited on this menu (no green vegetable) - choice of two from creamed corn, mushrooms, fried or mashed potatoes. There were no complaints. Dessert was a choice of a bar of layered cake or chocolate "whoopie pies" filled with strawberry ice cream and a side of sweetened sliced strawberries. Again, no complaints and no leftovers! Wine - 2 4 oz. pours. Nice service. We'd go back.Special Features:
- What a great place!dininganewDined on 9/24/2014The food is great and atmosphere is perfect. Ask for oscarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter is awesome!!!!!BalcarfoodiesDined on 9/20/2014LASKER (our waiter)IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST!!! HE REALLY LOVES HIS WORK AND HAS AN UNUSUAL PASSION!! HE KNOWS HIS CLIENTS AND CARES THAT THEY HAVE AN EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCE!!! I WISH I HAD TEN OF HIM!!! When the food is great and the help is on top of their game,it is a very positive experience!!!😃😃😃😊😊😊😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantasticSharpsburgCoupleDined on 9/19/2014We are regulars at Final Cut, and love it every time. We are well traveled, and have eaten in the best restaurants from NYC, Vegas, Napa, Italy, etc. the Final Cut ranks among them with world class quality steaks, amazing wine list and superb service that is top notch, yet comfortable and relaxed. Laskar the server and Sam at the bar are great people and yet another reason we go back time and time again!Special Features:
- High MarksRetiredInCharlesTownDined on 9/13/2014Final Cut, while very pricey, is worth it. It is very upscale with outstanding food. It provide a touch of class to the Casino and to the community in general. We highly recommend it for special occasions or anytime one wants to dine upscale without the travel to the metro area. They called ahead to confirm, asking if we were dining for a special occasion or if there were any allergies in our party. That carried through with the waiter acknowledging the allergy I had mentioned.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayBowtie236Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I have had the opportunity to dine at the Final Cut Restaurant, easily 25+ times. Therefore, I feel very qualified to provide an overall, fair review. Let me start by saying that I have yet to have an experience less than outstanding....and I sincerely mean that. The food is superb and the service is pure perfection. We have dined at the finest restaurants in the the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan area and I cannot recall ever having the exceptional level of service that comes with a dining experience at the Final Cut. So if you have the opportunity to go to the Hollywood Casino in Charles Town, WV, do make plans to dine at the Final Cut....you will indeed be glad you did. Enjoy!
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating our 42nd Anniversary; very enjoyable evening. Courses were presented beautifully and were scrumptious. Restaurant has a very relaxed feeling. Staff is attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- jimmyjDined on 9/13/2014We had a nice dinner and great service. The food (specifically) the potatoes were not as good as I have had before. I think they were different than the ones offered on the menu...they were more like French fries. Other than that, everything was fine.Special Features:
- Always a great mealFOODisLIFEVIPDined on 9/12/2014Whenever I make the trek to the casino I always have dinner at Final cut. It is nothing short of perfection every time I visit. It's not just the food that makes the restaurant it's the great service. The waiters are professional and make it a point to know their clients to the point of remembering you and your usual order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Final CutkbowmanDined on 9/10/2014This was my second time to eat at The Final Cut. It is very pricy and truly too pricy for Charles Town but the service and food were outstanding. The steak was a little charred on the outside but had good flavor and was very tender. The homemade pasta appetizer was out of this world. The mac n cheese was too garlicy but presentation was nice. The desserts were wonderful. My son said the bread was the best he has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJFeehanDined on 9/7/2014From the confirmation call to the arrival to the service to the food. This place is top notch. The steaks were cooked perfectly and an excellent cut. The sides are family style. Great variety of wines and drinks. It is a plus that the servers have all been there since the restaurant opened.Special Features:
- amazing service, but it'll cost youpickpinkDined on 9/5/2014We had such an abusing waiter, he was helpful, respectful, and quick. The entire staff was super friendly. If it wasn't so pricey, it'd be a regular date night spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressivebigdineDined on 9/5/2014Great Service with outstanding food. It will be a must on our Charles Town visit list! nothing better in the state of WV.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I think the dessert menu needs a little work. The dish was totally frozen and difficult to cut into portions. I would try something else next time we're in the restaurant.Special Features:
- The Next Star Chef Steps ForwardSteveCDined on 8/24/2014This night was the third in a series of incredible wine dinners hosted by the Final Cut. 10 wines were sampled, including some greats from Virginia, that were selected by Greg Joyce of the Country Vintner - maybe the most knowledgeable wine expert on the planet - and Manager Hristina Ninova, who could be anyone's sommelier. Perfect selections. But the dinner this night was the first such event for newly anointed head chef Kevin Longmire. From the sea bass ceviche canapé to the fig brulee dessert, the dinner planned by Chef Kevin was perfect in terms of test, but the artful presentations defy description. Most at the dinner were very familiar with many famous chefs, and all were in agreement that we were seeing the next big star chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Great steaks always cooked to perfection. The staff is friendly and remembers previous visits. Definitely one of our favorite placesSpecial Features:
- evening out experiencelovekeywestDined on 8/22/2014I would like to say that we came up to the casino for a concert and we decided to make reservations at the steakhouse there I had was a bit surprised when I got there Ozzy atmosphere and decor was very doll but pleasantly surprised when we had a wonderful server by the name of George he made our experience really nice very friendly informative and easy going pretty good my fish was excellent I would recommend this place for fine dining but its just in the middle of the casino onlydownfall so it smells of smoke so badly before u enter restaurant its a turn offSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experience74umgradVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. The food was excellent and our server, Alex Link, was wonderful. It was our first time here and my only complaint is in the actual layout of the facility. One must make a lengthy walk through the cigarette smoke in the blue haze of the casino there. Although Final Cut allows no smoking, my wife, who is particularly sensitive to such smoke, could smell it in the air, as there is no door separating Final Cut from the casino, but rather an open doorway. Perhaps there is a way to get to this restaurant without walking through the casino; if so, we will use it on our next visit. Also, a door separating the restaurant from the casino should be added.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as usualPeacefulLeeDined on 8/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal again. Though it is expensive it was well worth it. The options, the service, the food, the presentation, everything was wonderful. We will definitely dine there again. We highly recommend the ribeye and the filet along with the wine flight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFoodiemom2014Dined on 8/15/2014The Final Cut was well above our expectations , it was a little on the pricey side but worth every penny ! We can't wait to go back and try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.