Fin Seafood Restaurant
3150 William Styron Square
Newport News, VA 23606Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Fin Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.finseafood.com/
- Phone: 7575995800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Everyday 11am - 10pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday
Bar: Till' the Lights Go Out!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Sloane
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The “Portside Room” features its own private bar and restroom. Also equipped with a state-of-the-art electric retractable screen, this room is available for private dining for groups of 10 to 40. Whether for a rehearsal dinner or a board room lunch presentation, the Portside Room is versatile as well as accommodating.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 7575995800x
A word from Fin Seafood Restaurant
Ever have one of those nights where you can’t decide what you want to eat? No need to look any further. Welcome to Fin Seafood Restaurant-the ultimate destination for Surf as well as Turf. Whether you are having a romantic evening for two or a business dinner for 20, Fin Seafood Restaurant is sure to surpass your highest expectations. Why not join us tonight?Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Fin Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Newport News ›
Fin Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (31)romantic (26)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always Awesome!CarlDined on 9/27/2014We first dined at Fin while touring Christopher Newport University with our son. It was highly rated on Trip Advisor & Yelp, so we gave it a try - and loved it. It has since become our 'go to' place for excellent food, good service and a relaxed yet refined dining experience when we're in Newport News. The $15 3 course lunch menu changes with the season - we've never been disappointed. This past weekend - Family Weekend at CNU - was no different. We can not recommend Fin more. Someday I hope to be there for dinner - the dinner menu looks simply amazing!Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentCMLaDined on 9/26/2014Every time we are in Newport News we make it a point to have dinner at Finn. The food is consistently excellent and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- We enjoyed it!eatingwellfamilyDined on 9/20/2014We had the 5 course meal with the wine pairing. Everything was excellent! The portion size was enough to get a good taste and enjoy but not so much to fill you up. The ahi with seaweed was very fresh and went well with the sirachi ice cream. Next came a smoked salmon with then scallops, then a very small filet. They were all wonderful and the accompanying vegetables were so good we literally wanted to lick our plates! Dessert were some scrumptious donut holes with a delicious caramel sauce! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulladyjtmbDined on 9/19/2014The she crab soup is the stuff of dreams. They have an innovative menu which is as delicious as it is vibrant. We will be returning.Special Features:
- great food.., great service..SporkyMcNapkinDined on 8/29/2014My daughters' birthday so we took her, and a friend, for dinner. The soups were delicious and well portioned. Substancial salads were very fresh with great combinations of ingrediants. Our waiter enhanced our overall experience. He was knowledgeable and attentive without being overbearing.. We had crab cakes, bison strips, and pork loins with scallops, all well prepared. Not a particularly large menu but it js well represented with plenty of interesting choices. Desserts also creative and homemade.., dont want to give away to much detail but definately worth a visit if you want a great dining experience in NN. A little pricey but still a value and you'll feel good about paying the bill and tipping your waiter...Special Features:
- Awesome!SiafoodieDined on 8/29/2014Everyone from the host at the front door to the waiter to the management, were attentive and appeared to be truly interested in ensuring that we had a superior dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in Newport News1FooddivaDined on 8/27/2014Must try. Food was outstanding in a very quaint neighborhood overlooking a park. Definite place for foodies of all ages. I have been here two times and had excellent very friendly service on both occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This was our second dining experience at Fin. As with before, the food is fabulous and the service is great. Portion sizes for food was perfect as we didn't feel overly full when we left. The wine and drink list is great and the wait staff is awesome. Highly recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FINtastic!pjclark531Dined on 8/23/2014I love this restaurant. The food and service are always superb! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealCMLaDined on 8/15/2014This was our second visit to Fin. Our first visit was memorable, this visit was equally memorable. The food is excellent, the wines nicely paired. The service is impeccable, the staff is always attentive and knowledgeable but never overbearing.Special Features:
- Best fine dining in hampton rdsbrandibqVIPDined on 8/12/2014Creative menu, mouth-watering specials from local farms, superb service and excellent wine. Must try the fried oysters with fresh pepper polenta, the foie gras is to die for, and the any tuna dish they make is blog worthy. This chef experiments with new flavors and never disappoints. if you want an on point dining experience to celebrate a special occasion, you don't have to drive to the beach - Fin brings it to you. BEST in Hampton Roads, hands down. Thanks for making our anniversary special!!Special Features:
- CharleyDined on 8/11/2014This place is to die for, a true neighborhood gem. The Foie Gras and Duck confite......WOW!Special Features:
- Perfect for so many reasons!happy2shareDined on 8/10/2014With visiting family members with special dietary needs, Fin Restaurant was the perfect find! The food was superb, innovative, farm to table fresh, with gluten free options...elegant surroundings, outstanding service, great desserts...we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off the listseriouslyDined on 8/10/2014tepid temp food, 1980s flower dusted plate ( literally covered in some kind of green like parsley), choking on stems from the spinach with every bite of greens, bland salmon, a water glass that stayed empty from the bread through the dirty dish pickup, dishes that sat so long in front of me that i eventually piled them home style on the edge of the table, next to my still empty water glass. too much cost for little flavor, tepid food, poor service, and the general impression that the couple looking for a romantic dinner for their anniversary did not mean squat because of the table of 8 hotties. pretentious attempt to elevated gourmet that may serve well in Newport News but doesn't measure to any meaningful restaurant experience.
- Executive Chef Sloane.. OutstandingDavidDined on 8/7/2014This was our first visit to "fin". Amazing, the food was prepared absolutely perfect. The presentation of the food was beautiful also. A delicious selection beers and enough wines to fit anybody's taste and budget. Highly recommend fin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find2FoodiesDined on 8/1/2014I recently moved to Newport News from Maryland. Foodie that I am, I thought I might not be able to find a go to restaurant that I knew very meal would be a great adventure. Imagine my surprise when I when I stepped into Fin. For sure it is a great seafood restaurant, but they do everything, and I do mean everything well. For those of you who love foie gras, get ready to be carried to heaven with their version. The closest I can come in one word is sublime. The staff are great and the atmosphere is mellow. If you have not been there and you live here or are visiting, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Unique, Amazing, MemorablebrandibqVIPDined on 7/22/2014Love this place and their ability to impress from beginning to end EVERY time. The menu and plating change based on local produce, fish, and meats - each dish is always creatively designed and perfectly plated to make a memorable and share-worthy experience for even the best of foodies. Well traveled and top-notch taste-buds?? Fin won't disappoint. Ever. We recently attended a Tapas Tuesday and loved every course and pairing. Thank you for an awesome date night Fin crew!Special Features:
- Great Lunch DealsSwimJMUDined on 7/22/2014I went there for lunch with my boyfriend and it was delicious! I got the pick 3 for $25 and he got the pick 3 for $15, it was a great deal for the amount of food we got, and of course everything tasted fantastically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014My husband and I went to Fin on a Monday night to celebrate our anniversary. The restaurant grew a bit busy as the night went on, but our excellent service remained the same throughout the night. We tried the 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings. Each course and wine was wonderful. Servings were moderately small, but by dessert we were glad that they were. Each course made us hungry for the next leading up to a delightful "coffee and donuts" dessert. A perfect evening!Special Features:
- Lunch at Finmgthe1stDined on 7/21/2014We came on a reservation but they would have had room for a walkin on a weekday. Food is very well prepared and presented. Our waitress was very new but took our food issues seriously. Would recommend them to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Utterly divine!LuvgreatfoodDined on 7/20/2014Executive Chef Kenny is a genius. His five course tasting menu was outrageously awesome. Wine pairing was phenomenal. Truly the food was as good as at The Inn at Little Washington. Sunday nights are quiet and are a great time to go. Fridays and Saturday pretty busy. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, again!!YorktownFoodiesDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I love Fin. We are foodies and travel all over Hampton Roads for great food and great wine. The food and the service at Fin are always great. Being from Yorktown, Fin is close enough to pick up some great food to bring home after a long hard day at work. Kudos to the staff and to chef Kenny!Special Features:
- PhenomenalLoves2learnDined on 7/12/2014We had the 7 course tasting menu. It was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific tapas experienceRandBDined on 7/8/2014Took advantage of Tapas Tuesday and totally enjoyed it. Wine pairings were spot on and complemented three offerings that were creatively presented and did not disappoint. Tuna was prepared to perfection, smoked pork with beans was beautifully paired and made for a perfect coda to the meal. Caution: Desserts are killers and are hard to resist. We've recommended Fin to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/5/2014My wife and I had dinner here for our wedding anniversary. The whole experience was spectacular. The wait staff let us take our cocktails to the bar to watch a work cup match end in penalty kicks, and then started our tasting menu when it was over. The food was exceptional and memorably creative. Wine pairings were phenomenal. Newport News has a real winner in Fin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CN2MYIZDined on 6/23/2014Had the seven course chef's tasting menu with reserve wines. The food and wine were wonderful. The portions are small but by the time you get to the fifth course you are glad they are small. Robert, our server, was very professional and knowledgeble. We also received an amuse bouche of a creamy corn base and later a sorbet made from honeysuckle blossoms both were delicious. A group came in for probably an office get together that had several people who liked to laugh very loud. One even liked to clap her hands while she laughed. This brought down the quality of my experience at Fin. The food and service are superb.Special Features:
- DateniteDined on 6/21/2014Love this place! Special treat every time we go! Great signature drinks and meals that change regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FratfankVIPDined on 6/18/2014Very good seafood. Waitstaff knowledgable and very friendly. Wine list had some nice fairly priced bottles. Casual dressy crowd. I have recommended the place to a number of peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Ppace to dine for lunchExotic109Dined on 6/15/2014A nice place for a weekend lunch without the wait. The menu options were great and beyond expectations for lunch.Special Features:
- Will go back☺Saintsfan75Dined on 6/14/2014I really enjoyed the food....the atmosphere was quiet except when one of the patrons was displeased with their meal/price, it was a little awkward with management trying to talk over the customer when she simply wanted the check so she could leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic NightDavidDined on 6/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our anniversary dinner. It was excellent!Special Features:
- Limited selection - PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Menu selection somewhat limited. Good wine list. Scollop plate was exceptional. Cobia dry, but edible. Found myself looking for the wait-staff on several occasions, even though the restaurant was nearly empty -- need to be more attentive. Had to ask for salt-pepper?? Generally acceptable, but overpriced.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great food and service just don't go by the menu online.. it is not up to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeCeDined on 6/5/2014Fresh local food, great menu variety, prepared with attention to detail and not overcooked.Special Features:
- The following 381 reviews are from the Fin Seafood Restaurant reviews archive.
- A MustAngie22Dined on 6/3/2014When visiting Newport News you must visit Fin Seafood. Beautiful atmosphere, great service. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionBGGGDined on 5/24/2014Very nice restaurant with good food and wonderful presentation. Nice wine list, but pricey. Good for special occasions or to impress, but too expensive for a regular dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeAJinDCVIPDined on 5/24/2014I stopped by Fin for dinner with my parents on our way to visit Norfolk. While the food was great, what impressed me the most was a very attentive service from the waiter. He made a lot of efforts in helping us decide on the dishes (appetizer, main and dessert) we should try, as well as a bottle of wine - reasonably priced. We had grilled bison and seared scallops for main, which were both excellent (though the scallop was a little bit salty to our taste buds). If I have a chance to be in the area again, Fin will be my choice to revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKtaylor113Dined on 5/17/2014Food was absolutely great and restaurant staff was attentive. Somewhat expensive but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!pasbuffaloDined on 5/15/2014Our party of four had a wonderful dinner here a few nights ago. Service was impeccable, and all of the food was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Starters included oysters on the half shell, sweet corn soup with jumbo lump crab meat, and an asparagus soup with lobster meat that was a special of the day. Entrees included seared scallops, flounder and butter poached crab, macadamia nut crusted salmon, and two soft-shell crabs that were a special of the day. Nice wine list, and the server made great recommendations and allowed us to taste before committing to buying a whole glass. A great fine dining experience!Special Features:
- Not impressed.enjoyfinedineDined on 5/15/2014The firecracker shrimp appetizer was good. The main course was strange. Black beans and rice just don't go well with crab cakes and the sauce was not appealing to the eyes or taste buds. Dessert was also not very good. S'mores cake had a strange taste to it and the crème brulee we ordered (only those 2 words on the menu) came out as orange dreamsicle flavored. It was foul and I would not have ordered it if I had known it was that flavor. Service was friendly enough but extremely slow - we were there early and the waiter had exactly 1 table - ours - but he was extremely inattentive and we sat around waiting for him a lot.