Fin - The Mirage
Mirage Hotel & Casino
3400 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Mirage Hotel & Casino
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
Fin - The Mirage
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.mirage.com/restaurants/fin.aspx
- Phone: (866) 339-4566x
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Monday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Executive Chef: Timmy Che
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Group Concierge (702) 791-7577x
A word from Fin - The Mirage
Contemporary Chinese is the vivid core. Exciting international influence lends the flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fin - The Mirage reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)special occasion (9)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fin is a jewel in the desertOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Fin is one of our favorite restaurants in Las Vegas. Service is always perfect. The food is consistently delicious; fresh and tasty. We enjoy Fin every trip to Las Vegas.Special Features:
- Looking for Something Different?DelawareDebbieDined on 9/12/2014We were looking for something different besides a Steakhouse and we found it in Fin. The staff was extremely friendly and our wait staff attentive and well trained. The food was plentiful and flavorful and the price averaged $40-$50 per person, with drinks but without a tip. We would definitely return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HrmacDined on 9/11/2014Food was plain at best absolutely no flavour. Ambiance cold and seating uncomfortable
- dc589Dined on 9/7/2014Friend's meal was very small for high price- wine very expensive- yeah, it's a resort place, but food was way below par for the priceSpecial Features:
- DinnerdorothyDined on 9/4/2014Great place with excellent food. Beautiful setting and incredible wait staff. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Great Chinese FoodLuve2dineDined on 9/1/2014Food is excellent, very fresh. Not your everyday Chinese, same dishes but prepared with a little more finesse. Absolutely loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Unfortunately we were extremely disappointed. We arrived at FIN for our reservation that evening only to find that the restaurant was closed since July for rennovations. Finding a fine dining restaurant without prior reservations in Las Vegas at 8:00 o'clock at night was very difficult. I was very annoyed that I was not notified by you or The Mirage prior to finding out for myself that evening.
- disgustedDissatisfiedDined on 8/10/2014My family and I are thoroughly disgusted with Fin! We got to the restaurant only to see a sign on the door that the restaurant is closed until August 28, 2014. How on earth does something like this happen? I was not informed by anyone that it would not be open. I should have been notified by email that we should make other reservations but nobody had the decency to notify me and my family. We should be compensated in some way for this inconvenience! I will make sure I let everyone know not to eat at the Fin restaurant, EVER! So unprofessional!!!!! Shocked that something like this can happen in Vegas. Not a good first impression of Vegas for the grown kids.
- FailureFoodieStuVIPDined on 8/8/2014fin was closed. I'm not sure how open table could have given us a reservation when the restaurant has been closed for 2 weeks and I'll be closed until the end of the month.Special Features:
- Too quick to clear!silverwomanDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is beautiful. The food is very good. Our server was terrific and got all our requests right. HOWEVER, the busboys (women) hovered over us and as soon as we put our chopsticks down for a moment, our plates were whisked away. I felt that we were being pushed to eat quickly and get out, even though the place was not full.
- Great pre show mealTravellingFoodieVIPDined on 7/21/2014We visited Fin before seeing Love and made use of the dinner and a show deal offered at The Mirage. We enjoyed the food immensely and would definitely return next time we're in town.Special Features:
- Not notableKarenDined on 7/10/2014High prices for average taste - I ordered the shrimp in lobster sauce for $75. It was a small bowl with less food than I could believe - and rice was ala cart. Wait staff was there to get your order and serve - no personality. And there is a traveling photographer who asks to take your picture but then takes about 7 pictures in poses she requests. Returns with an expensive package for purchase - felt like we were hoodwinked to get the pictures taken and buy a marketing scam. Vegetable egg rolls average and the sweet and sour pork was not good either. Would not recommend for the price or atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very good foodAbagail7Dined on 6/26/2014The dinner was awesome and I would recommend you to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Quality food, great ambiance. Went for a light bite after a show and did not disappoint. Shared 2-3 small plates and one noodle dish, with bottle of wine. Could not get much betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and serviceHappyfoodieDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I ate here on our most recent stay in Las Vegas. We were looking for good Asian cuisine close to our resort (Caesar's) and chose Fin based on location (next door at the Mirage) and decent reviews. When we arrived for our reservation, we were promptly brought to a cozy, private, corner booth. Décor is very modern, music is good, and the service was great. Our server Albert, was very attentive and nice. The food was also very good (which I probably should've mentioned first and foremost), we stuck with our tried and true Kung Pao chicken. Sauce was tasty and there were a lot of good, fresh veggies.Special Features:
- Great ServiceDebbieVIPDined on 6/12/2014My husband and my mother and I enjoyed an very nice meal at Fin. The service was as good as it could possibly get. Everyone was attentive and prompt with every request we had. The sea bass was really great, the "ham" on top could have been left off, it did nothing for the dish, I scraped it off. The fried rice was pretty good, but not overly impressive. The main courses were very good.Special Features:
- Romantic VEGAS DinnerstansfieldVIPDined on 6/8/2014FIN is always a must when we are visiting Vegas. The food, service & ambience is 5-stars! I can't wait to go back Vegas.Special Features:
- Just OKjustaregularguyDined on 5/30/2014My wife and I chose Fin because we had tickets to see a comedy show at the Mirage later that same night, and wanted something nearby for convenience sake. The restaurant itself has an elegant ambiance, which at first glance appears perfect for a romantic evening. However, that's about the best compliment I can provide. The service was marginal, and the food was bland and "ok" at best. I'm not suggesting that either was horrible. But to be quite honest, I get better food and service from a number of my local Chinese food restaurants in my home town for only a fraction of the cost. While the general appearance and atmosphere was nice, the food and service lacked what I would expect for what we paid.
- newtolvDined on 5/29/2014Disappointed-service was slow and the waiter just stood there. Expected more explanation of menu and if any specials. Would have liked to have water glasses filled at least once before we left.Special Features:
- Nothing specialSteveTipsBigVIPDined on 5/24/2014The design gets a lot of props as really beautiful and tastefully done. The food was disappointing on nearly every level. the very expensive Signature dish was a really dry piece if over cooked meat - no sauce - on a bed of something you don't want to eat - rib appetizer was bland and too hard to eat- Kung Pau Chicken redeemed itself - better food at PF Changes - expensive for what you get
- The following 153 reviews are from the Fin - The Mirage reviews archive.
- Poor, Poor, Poorjnl6162Dined on 5/17/2014Poor food (mushy vegetable rools, slimy seafood lettuce wraps, Crab and corn soup with frozen corn); poor service as one waiter shouted across our table while serving our food, to another waiter a few feet away; and poor after paying the bill at a rate that is fine for Vegas but is much too much for the quality and experience.
- Very average foodFoodTravlzDined on 5/10/2014Looks like top-notch Vegas dining, tastes like bad Chinese Takeout.Special Features:
- Yummy!!CharaDined on 5/8/2014Great food, very vegetarian friendly, excellent service...we will be back for sure! We didn't order a lot as there were only the 2 of us...my husband had the wonton soup, pretty small bowl and a very simple dish but he enjoyed it...we also shared the vegetable low mein and the vegetable fried rice, both were delish!! Prices are as to be expected for the Vegas strip. Overall a fabulous experience!! Thanks Fin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience in Las Vegasmj1064Dined on 5/8/2014I really wanted to like this restaurant, but the lack of customer service made it impossible. Where to start... Waited to be seated, even with reservations (and with several tables open), over 10 minutes for a drink order, over 30 minutes to get the drink. We had a show and gave ourselves 2 hours to eat, but actually had to leave the restaurant before our food could arrive because we ran out of time!! Slowest service ever. Staff were unapologetic about our horrible experience, instead gave us excused for the slow service. Would never go back there. Most frustrating, disappointing experience of our entire trip!
- Great ambiance but bland tastesKtabsDined on 4/14/2014Fin is probably mostly visited by folks going to see the Beatles Love show.. Beautiful interiors but the food was not worth the cost. Kung pao shrimp was bland and the eggfoo yung chicken didn't have much flavor. The gin martini was delishious but the service had something to be desired.Special Features:
- Weird experience - shortlyJRobDined on 4/10/2014Weird experience - shortly after we were seated, we spoke with the manager for some menu recommendaitons. Immediately afterwards, a couple of appetizers show up that we did not order. We told the server we had not ordered them and were told that perhaps the manager had them sent over. Very nice, so we started to enjoy them. Then a few minutes later a waiter comes over and takes the appetizers away saying they had delivered them to the wrong table. That just seemed like a really poor customer service move - it's not like they could re-serve the food we had already touched and we did tell them up front that we hadn't ordered them, seems like they should have owned the mistake. Made for an awkward dining experience for us afterwards.Special Features:
- Great FoodmarieredDined on 4/7/2014The food, service, etc. was great. We ate in a lot of good places in Las Vegas(that's why we go, for the food and shows) as we are not big gamblers. We would definitely go back to Fin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemJanJDined on 4/4/2014It's sometimes hard to find a restaurant on the strip that you can get into easily, and if you could, it might make you suspicious. But Fin was a wonderful surprise - not too busy and the food was wonderful. It is shielded from the rest of the casino so it is very quiet, good for a romantic dinner. The food was delicious and the portions generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentUnhappyVIPDined on 3/30/2014Everything was just perfect. The food was great. The waitress was exceptional. I would definitely go back to this restaurant whenever next I am in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- No flavorMitNCDined on 3/27/2014Disappointing. Presentation of food was good, but NO flavor. We expected lots of great spice and although the food looked good, it was BLAH. We had vegetable rolls, lettuce wraps and a pasta dish -same problem with all dishes. Won't go back. They did provide some sauces that helped a bit, but it is like the chef completely left out ANY spice in cooking.
- Mirage dining is getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Mirage dining has been mediocre but it seems to be changing. Fin was very good. Service excellent. Timing perfect for the early shows. Les smoke filled than other restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious Chineese Food!KidzdentVIPDined on 3/14/2014Simply the best in taste, ambience and service in Las Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and the service was great.RobertDined on 3/14/2014The food and the service were fantastic. The only bad thing is that it's close to the casino and the smoke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total disappointmentMewyDined on 2/21/2014We hadn't been to Vegas in about 10 years. There use to be a lovely Chinese restaurant at the Mirage. Fin is what it morphed into. The service was pathetic. 20 minutes to be given menus and have our drink order taken, never mind how long it took to get our drinks. It was all down hill from there. The food at least was fresh, but all our dishes were so tasteless and uninspired. The whole experience was terrible.
- Best Chinese Food ever!!Des53VIPDined on 2/21/2014If you love Chinese food this is the best in Vegas!! Everything about the place is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FinmelissatDined on 2/15/2014I went with two friends for a light dinner. Food and cocktails were delicious and the restaurant's decor was beautiful, simple, and modern. It was pricey, but I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good start to mealRobertDined on 2/14/2014Receptionist should be fired. I checked in three times for a reservation. Each time the receptionist told me I would be seated next. Then she forgot, and then didn't even remember who I was. Seated an hour past reservation. I then sat for 10 minutes before a waiter acknowledged I was seated. I have had a lot of good restaurant experiences in Vegas, however this one was really poor.
- Good Chinese, But Not GreatIDDinerDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed a perfectly fine dinner at Fin, but we didn't think the quality of the food warranted the high prices. Our local Chinese restaurant is just as good for less than half the price. We were in Vegas, however, and the atmosphere was lively. It's a nice restaurant, but I can't rave about it.Special Features:
- EnjoyableRonaldDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I enjoyed a very pleasing and beautiful evening on February 14 Valentine's Day. We made reservation here because we were also attending the Beatles love show which was also fabulous, nostalgic and entertaining. Having dinner here- right before the show started with beautiful evening that captivated our love for each other and made a beautiful memory for everlasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular Chinese w upscale decorMidwestDined on 2/13/2014Aside from the fancy decor, everything else (food, service, selection) we experienced was average...not too bad, not too good. The drink/wine list did come on an iPad, which I thought was cool. Recommendation: There are better restaurants you can spend your money in Vegas but if your set on Chinese food, it will probably "work".Special Features: