55 Eglinton Ave. East
Toronto, ON M4P 1G8Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
JapanesePrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.finizakaya.com/
- Phone: 6473473864
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am – 11:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 11:30am – 12:00am, Saturday: 5:30pm – 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: Yonge and Eglinton
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: For dinner customers, we offer a gated private parking lot. Please call or walk in to let us know of your arrival, and our staff will open up the gate for you. The entrance to the parking lots is on the south side of Eglinton Ave. next to the Bulldog coffee shop. Thank you.
A word from Fin Izakaya
Fin Izakaya is all about authentic and comforting Japanese dining experience. Our menu reflects moments of its own finest ingredients from land and ocean. Our seafood and other fresh ingredients are always hand-picked by our chefs. Fin's "Izakaya" is a casual place for kicking back with friends after work, and definitely enjoying plenty of sake and beer with foods that complement them. Our hospitality spirits from Japan with a warm welcome,"Irasshaimase!" will always bring you a smile and a great time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Fin Izakaya - Best Restaurants in Yonge and Eglinton ›
Fin Izakaya reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (23)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (4)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- great!supermouse115Dined on 10/19/2014Fin Izakaya has always been one of my fav iazkayas in Toronto. Super friendly staff, never failed :) Always full of energy and has lots of great food. Awesome new lunch hours available as well. Keep it up Fin! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!Joe3Dined on 10/6/2014Umpteenth time; kawahagi still the best on the planet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW MENUAlkyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Menu has been changed but I like the old one more, less varieties now. Prices of draught beer are up too . Our server was probably on training, we had to wait a long time to be served. Overall, both food and service quality going down slightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Experienceluv2dineDined on 9/27/2014Excellent food, very fresh, a bit pricey. Service is good but slow at times. Very good menu, I would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- Attentive and gracious staff!WhuzzaDined on 9/24/2014The Japanese staff at Fin Izakaya were gracious and polite. Their hospitality was the same attention to detail that I'd expect to see in Japan - which is rare in Toronto. The food is pricier but nicely presented. As Izakayas are bars, they're noisy and open. But they make a great place to meet up with a group of peopleSpecial Features:
- What a amazing night!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014The owner, manager and all of staff were so attentive and food was amazing always. We appreciate their hospitality and always feel like we were in Japan. Surprise birthday dessert was impressive!! Thank you so much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fin is the bestBeahrDined on 8/21/2014Always, always fun and very good! Excellent service, unusual Japanese tapas and other food and lots of energy.Special Features:
- Was great place as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Fin Izakaya was great place as always :-) I and friends had a good time!
- Yummy in our tummyKolyaDined on 8/8/2014The waiters there provided suitable and great recommendations as we had two small kids with us. Loved the idea of the fish auction!! Food portions were a but small but very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small portion buy okVivianVIPDined on 8/3/2014every portion is pretty small you can see if you order salmon sashimi but quality is ok and you can choose the source you like
- Food great, playlist awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/4/2014We had a great meal at fin izakaya. The only drawback was the terrible music they were playing. It was 90s boy band hell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 150 reviews are from the Fin Izakaya reviews archive.
- DeliciousJacquelineVIPDined on 6/15/2014Well-rounded restaurant. I highly suggest the futomaki rolls.
- xoxo2008Dined on 6/13/2014I have been to Fin a few times and this was my worst experience. The food was really bad, and expensive for the price of it. I wouldn't go back again.
- delicious and friendly as usual.elRonconVIPDined on 6/5/2014From the freshest of fish to the tastiest izakayas, Fin's is consistently one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Izakaya!Joe3Dined on 6/4/2014Wonderful as always! The Beef tongue and dried Kawahagi were again delicious! Service is super friendly. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014The food and atmosphere was amazing. the staff were nice and helpful. Only thing that would keep me from visiting very frequently is the slightly high price. Don't get me wrong, the food quality is definitely worth the price, but it does take a bit to get full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!Joe3Dined on 5/24/201410th visit or so. This time, They had bought a giant tuna and made sashimi from it right there and then. Exquisite. Super friendly service. Beef tongue also great. Feels like an extension of our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014This wasn't our first time to Fin and we've never been disappointed. We always try something different everytime we go and it's always delicious.Special Features:
- AmazingLoveFinDined on 5/12/2014I went for my husband's Birthday;) All the food was amazing and price was very good and all the staff gave us great service too!! I'm sure we're going back soon:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Izakaya experienceJoe3Dined on 5/3/2014Delicious real Izakaya food, from kawahagi (dried fish) to blowtorched mackerel to fried saury etc. etc. all washed down with Asahi Super Dry on tap(!) imported from Japan by the restaurant. Service super-friendly and of course, with lots of smiles. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Excellent food and funArtemis5055Dined on 4/26/2014This is the place to be if you're looking for excellent food, an atmosphere of exuberance and service that welcomes you from the moment you enter to taking your leave. The food choices are interesting, varied and well presented. The ambiance is what you would expect for the nature of the restaurant - fun and full of positive energy. And the service is friendly and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- It's like a party!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014If you want to enjoy tasty Japanese food but don't want to be able to have a conversation or even hear yourself think, Fin Izakaya is a raucous and fun place to go. The food is great and the party atmosphere - if it's your thing - is wonderful. If, however, you want a quiet dinner, look elsewhere. The staff shout and cheer, the music was cranked up to 11, and my companion and I had to shout. The service was incredibly slow, too: we ordered a second course of a fairly simple rice dish and seafood, and this took so long to come that we missed our movie. I wouldn't mind going again but I'd have to be in the right mood for it.Special Features:
- A+ for IzakayaflyndineVIPDined on 4/24/2014I've been to a few Izakayas and really enjoyed Fin. The menu is extensive and offers many choices. Food is made with care and it shows. Portions are a bit small for the price but this is characteristic of many Izakayas, not just Fin. Staff regularly come to check on tables and used plates do not get much of a chance to pile up. Spotless washrooms indicate a great deal of cleanliness. Nice assortment of sakes to enjoy. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:
- What a great night~!AlexVIPDined on 4/14/2014We had our 18th aniversary dinner over there. Our server "K" advised a really nice sake to us.....anyway, what a great guy!Special Features:
- RealServiceTinaDined on 3/22/2014Service was outstanding and the staff is attentively friendly. Bigger tea pots needed. The poor waitress had to keep refilling ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- think the food isn't as greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014think the food isn't as great as before :( the angus beef grill thing is way too salty and saucy, it was good back in july! also beef ball is not on the menu anymore...sad face and it's been a long time but i'm still very sad that the charashi block sushi is goneI would recommend this to a friend.
- The yellowtail was very fresh.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014The yellowtail was very fresh. I find the soup base very sweet, this is a personal opinion. Otherwise, everything was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014Best izakaaua in toronto. Great food great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best IzakayajustatethereDined on 1/11/2014It was okay. Food was slow to arrive and the dishes were less fun, less varied and less flavourful than Guu. Fish hotpot had lots of cabbage, much less fish and none of the advertised snow crab. Wagyu patty had nice flavour. Nice that they take reservations but I'd probably go back to Guu.
- Irasshaimase!RJLEBLANCDined on 12/31/2013This place is my go-to restaurant for Izakaya. Everything about Fin is perfect. The food, the ambiance and the service are all top-notch. The menu is diverse and everything is so delicious you're bound to spend a lot of time ordering random things just to see if it was as good as the last dish. Service is extremely attentive but is designed to keep you relaxed - eating and drinking for a good long while. What might be an hour experience at another restaurant could easily end up being 1.5 - 2 hours here, which is a good thing. It gets busier later in the weekend and especially on the weekends so reservations are a good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to dine after workOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2013The severs are all very friendly. The dishes are wonderful; I feel I am in Tokyo. Great for drinks and small unique Japanese tapas. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas - Japanese StyleTOFoodieDined on 11/2/2013Fin is a great, fun environment to enjoy a cold one with friends over small share plates. Similar to Guu, guests are greeted loudly upon arrival and at departure. My husband and I sampled from sections on the menu and while some dishes were "misses", some of our favourites were the pork belly and various skewers which were cooked over charcoal. Next visit, I know what dishes to focus on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIN Izakayahans1971Dined on 10/29/2013The best Izakaya in the best location, low noise, and superb service and friendly staff (very police in a Japanese manner); and in a Canadian sense of view. Who cares about the price - it is worth it at least on a bi-weekly visit or monthly visit or events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and delicious!LarissaDined on 10/19/2013Unlike some fancier, higher priced izakayas in town, Fin delivers authentic, high-quality dishes at reasonable prices. The service is very prompt and friendly (very Japanese) and the sake and beer selections are very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic ...elRonconVIPDined on 10/16/2013An absolute gem of an izakaya. Authentic natto dishes and variety of oysters and fresh fish. Bring an appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME Dining PlaceEugieVIPDined on 10/7/2013I have been coming to FIN for several years and have NEVER had a bad experience. Food is great ... Service is great. I absolutely love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for JapaneseYummyInMyTummyDined on 9/26/2013Went here for my friend's birthday. The atmosphere is great, but quiet enough to have a good chat. The food here was amazing. The way that the chef sets up the design/look dishes really brings puts Fin Izakaya above the competition.Special Features:
- Great foodMcMugDined on 9/22/2013I have been to the place for a few times. I love this place ever since my first visit. I am sure I will go back. Great food, nice service. One of the best experience of a Japanese restaurant or Izakaya. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly LivelyilikefunrestaurantsVIPDined on 9/12/2013The staff shouts friendly greetings, although not as over-the-top as the better known chain of two Izakayas in Toronto. Rock music plays. There are some higher quality food choices, including Angus beef. I would definitely come back, even though I am a big fan of its main competitors. A huge advantage this place has over its main competitors is that it takes reservations (as you obviously know by visiting this web site), and there is no two-hour limit to sit at your table. All in all, a good Izakaya for people who don't want to wait around or live near Yonge & Eglinton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!MishaVIPDined on 8/29/2013I come here all the time, as I live near by, and I always bring friends for the first time. They love it! The service is great and the food is always delicious. It's a perfect spot for trying new food, as they are served tapas style and everyone can get a taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.