122 South High Street
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.finonhigh.com/
- Phone: 614-461-4000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday10:30AM - 4:00PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM.
Dinner: Friday 4:00PM - 12AM
Dinner: Saturday 4:00PM - 12AM
Dinner Sunday 4:00PM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Robert Fugitt
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call or email us for a copy of our catering menu. We make our food from scratch, so we can prepare something that can suit your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is based on the night of the week and what is happening in the city that night. Please call for details.
A word from Fin
The freshest in contemporary delicious seafood meets refined beautiful decor for an experience that you will not soon forget. Not to fret, non seafood lovers will enjoy our asian inspired menu. Located in the heart of the theatre district downtown Columbus, this exceptionally appointed restaurant is sure to please. Live Jazz and Blues every weekend. Friday 5:30-8:30pm, and 9-12am, Saturday 9-12am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Fin reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (12)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- drseanmcl11VIPDined on 7/11/2014Fin did not live up to expectations! Cocktails were nothing special. The food was not good at all, certainly expected much more from a pricey menu and seemingly posh presentation. App (calamari) was not bad. Entrees were not good (tempura salmon and linguine and clams). Desserts were not well thought out and odd (lemon mouse and something over-the-top with blue whipped cream). Rather loud live music was off-putting. Decor is gaudy, somewhat strange, and uncomfortable. Host and servers meant well, but overall they didn't seem to have command over what they were doing and the experience was awkward. Will not return.
- Started out ok...Dining101VIPDined on 7/11/2014We were the only ones there for over an hour and then it started to get busy. The waiter seemed to not be able to handle more than 1 table. We hated the music and were ready to leave and had to wait for the check. There was a table in the front and one behind us that seemed to garner the attention of the manager, the district manager and our waiter. When he finally left the check, we did the universal thing of standing up with credit card... which never caught him. After over an hour of waiting for the check and waiting for him to pick up, we counted out enough cash and got the heck out of there. Will not go back.
- Excellent New PlaceSteveVIPDined on 7/11/2014We really liked Fin. The menu offered great selections. We shared the mussels and the lobster roll and some wine. The mussels were in a tomato based sauce that was very good. The kitchen didn't have the heart to cut the roll in half for us to share so they just put less lobster on two rolls, but this was still great. Our server Jonathan, was very good. He was helpful, attentive and very nice. We highly recommend Fin.Special Features:
- luvlivemusic88Dined on 7/4/2014The food was terrible. We ordered seafood and steak. The seafood served had a overbearing strong smell and the lemon wedge used to garnish was not fresh either. The steak had several layers of fat both inside and outside, at a hefty price of $32. I will only return to see the band play and maybe have a drink. I don't think that wine served was 4oz, however, my partner's mixed drink was good.
- You snooze, you lose!YuckVIPDined on 7/3/2014Just enjoyed a group lunch before the Red, White & Boom festivities and once again, Fin delivered above and beyond our group's expectation. 'twas mostly due to the excellent customer service, quality of food, and ambiance. Fin is most definitely here to stay. Try them today!Special Features:
- Great addition to Downtown!YuckVIPDined on 7/1/2014Fin was a truly great addition to downtown and is most accessible from downtown offices around Capitol Square. A colleague and I tried their crab cake sandwich and lobster roll and it was fabulous. Their home fries were also good--hand cut and drizzled with some good herbs, not to mention truffle oil used. Jonathan is a total asset to this restaurant because he's most professional, sociable, personable and most helpful with first timers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically not GrumpyShepherdGirlDined on 6/27/2014We are experienced diners in many top cities worldwide. Ik enjoy a good simple meal and while I appreciate efforts to enhance ambience, I am unimpressed by untrained staff. Our experience was awkward at best. The staff seemed ill-prepared and apologetic - not their fault. I point to the management trying to rush the opening. The wine list was intriguing. There were no years assigned to the wines or even a brief explanation of the wine region. Prices seemed random, ranging from $21-$205. I began with a glass of wine that I eventually sent back (second time in my life - honestly, I'm not a curmudgeon). I think Fin will improve if the owner, management and staff commit to focused training and perhaps revisit their mission statement.
- What a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014Welcome and exceptional Addition to the downtown dining sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Foodie is very sad!MaryDined on 6/22/2014I was hoping maybe this time the owner of this place would get it right. I am sad to say, not so much. The menu is boring and very limited. The food was just OK. Maybe the location is cursed since the last restaurant there owned by the same person did not make it. I predict this one will not be there in six months either.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Fin is a wonderful new addition to the downtown Columbus dining scene. My husband and I enjoyed a romantic evening there despite a barrage of activity going on in downtown Columbus on that particular night. The waitstaff was accommodating, our food was excellent, and we plan to return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RefreshingRZ290Dined on 6/19/2014This was my first time dining with Fin, and my friends and I really could not be any happier! It was very nice and refreshing to find a restaurant with great food, great service and a nice atmosphere. We went for lunch and I had the Nicoise salad with Salmon. One of my other friends had the scallops and the other had a few of their small plates. We all were very happy with our choices. Apparently they have live jazz on Fridays and Saturdays so I'll definitely be back for that. This place seems like it would be nice for a romantic dinner too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant in ColumbusDedeeVIPDined on 6/16/2014Fin is an exciting new addition to the Columbus restaurant scene. The emphasis is on fish with a French influence providing delicious cuisine. The decor is innovative and unusual - very dramatic and attractive. It is also a restaurant where you can talk without having to scream over loud music. This is going to the top list of my favorite restaurants in Columbus.Special Features:
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Everything was perfect. Delicious food and relaxing atmosphere. Definitely we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014What a wonderful find. Downtown really needed a quality seafood restaurant. I especially liked the Asian twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Food was great! Food was a little slow even thought there were not that many people there. Sea bass was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fin - is it the end?GLT499Dined on 6/7/2014The street, local concert, and construction noise made outside seating undesirable. The décor is confusing, urban black and silver with odd, uncomfortable, high-back chairs. Tables are barren and very inconsistent with the $$$ menu. Return a wine glass because it was dirty. No assortment of bread, but served small, over-buttered biscuits. The menu had only four fish entrees, short for a fish restaurant, and our waitress had no specials to offer and seemed disinterested. We ordered Sea Bass and Scallops just ave. with too much salt. The Sea Bass was either over-cooked/dry or from a frozen inventory. Tthey fell well short of our expectations and total value of the bill. We assume Fin is a sea food reference and not French for "the end!"
- decent but not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014We went to Fin a few days after it reopened as such. I was surprised by the fact that they were out of several menu items just a couple days into opening. My meal was decent, I am a vegetarian and ordered a salad, and a side of both asparagus and the mac and cheese. Two of the people I was dining with ordered the salmon, one blackened, one not, and they bother really enjoyed their meals. The other diner ordered pork chops, which were enjoyed as well.
- Exceptional restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014Enjoyed the shashimi and wagu , live jazz was especially nice. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Fin reviews archive.