1063 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.filomena.com/
- Phone: 2023388800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily M-Sat: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner M-Su: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
Lunch Buffet: Sat 11:30-3:00
Brunch Buffet: Sunday's: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner Menu All Day: Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Christmas Eve
Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day (except if falls on Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniele Catalani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Filomena introducing our Corporate/Home Catering Division!
If you have a home or office party, let us do all the work. Choose between picking up your order or having us delivery (min order and delivery charges apply)
Also we can cater your next event complete with our own staff.
Contact Anton at 202-338-8800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: Every ten minutes, from 7 a.m. to midnight, ride the Georgetown Metro Connection. Ridership is open to everyone! Picking up from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle metro stations every ten minutes makes getting to Georgetown quick and easy.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Most convenient parking is located directly across the street at Georgetown Park Mall. There are also several parking garages throughout Georgetown.
A word from Filomena Ristorante
Celebrating 30 Years as one of Washington's most Landmark restaurants in the heart of Georgetown overlooking the historic C&O Canal. Voted Washington's Best Italian Restaurant by AOL Digital City past several years. Featured on The Travel Channel and Food Network. Lunch or dinner, our old-world cooking styles and recipes brought to America by the early Italian immigrants, carefully passed down from one generation to the next, alongside the culinary cutting edge creations of Italy's foods of today.Continued
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Filomena Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Filomena Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
652 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (410)fit for foodies (305)romantic (291)neighborhood gem (281)good for groups (237)notable wine list (167)hot spot (106)kid-friendly (63)great for lunch (59)great for brunch (34)late-night find (31)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Wonderful DecorMoonbeamMcSwineDined on 10/22/2014Two couples dined together on an October Thursday, and had a very pleasant experience. There were so many whimsical Halloween decorations hung about, that it was a hoot! It is a classic Italian restaurant serving freshly made pasta. In fact, you can see an employee making pasta through a window. The waitstaff is quite attentive. The portions are humongous. Desserts looked splendid, but, alas, we had no room for them. It seemed a little expensive, but Georgetown is an expensive area. I would recommend Filomena Ristorante to anyone who loves good Italian food and/or is quite hungry. Most of all, I would recommend it to those who appreciate an exciting, artistic decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andy&lynOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Delicious home-made Italian in large servings and a salad bar with fresh greens at very reasonable prices. Friendly, friendly restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014My husband and I have made it a tradition to celebrate our anniversary at Filomena's. The food is amazing and the quality of service is amazing. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for authentic Italian food! Plus, I consider this a fancy place so I get to dress up when I go here :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than your neighborhood ItalianMisterGDined on 10/20/2014From the entryway, where you see 'mama' making pasta, down to the dining room, where you are enveloped in a 'time far gone', this is a special place. The portions are fit for a king, the service makes you feel like a king, and the food is well prepared and delicious. I will add Filomena to my DC favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalCaseDined on 10/19/2014Food was phenomenal, service was exceptional. The halloween decorations were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FilomenacastironDined on 10/19/2014Overall food was fair; very large portions. Went for Anniversary celebration with family (3). Arrived and checked in with host. Even though we had reservations, we weren't seated until 20 minutes later and he didn't tell us how long we would need to wait; felt like an afterthought. Not the best way to start but was hoping that the food would make up for it. Calamari alla Sicily - nice, tender w/ right amount of sauce; toast had smoky flavor & texture that was very good Polpette Classico - meatballs flavorful but not hot enough; almost like it was ready 10 minutes before it was brought to the table Pastas - all pastas were great; cooked just right w/ perfect chew. Unfortunately, they were all drowning in too much sauce
- nothappyDined on 10/19/2014We had made reservations for Sunday evening. The restaurant was less than 10% occupied by customers. We were seated at a table right by the kitchen area. (we were the only people in the area that we were seated in) When I asked if we could move they did move us to a better table. We sat at the new table for approximately 5 minutes when a bus boy came and took away our dinner plates which confused me. We sat there for another 5 minutes waiting for the waiter who was assigned to our table to come. He never did, even though there were many waiters and few customers. We finally left. I had eaten at Filomenia's several times before and was looking forward to another memorable dining experience. This one was memorable, just for the wrong reasons.
- Simplistic goodnessGEEOTTODined on 10/18/2014There isn't much one needs to say in favor of Filomena but great food and wine and the atmosphere is conducive to having a nice dinner with your loved one or ones.Special Features:
- A must go!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014When in D.C., Filomena is a must. Creative Italian dishes, exceptional sauces,rediculous portions, attentive service make this ultimate Italian old world establisment an experience to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiolaDined on 10/18/2014I always feel like the staff at Filomena think they are doing me a favor.
- great dinnerBigguyDined on 10/18/2014Awesome dining experience. Good was excellent, service was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Italian Cuisine in DCDeniseDined on 10/18/2014I dined here this past Sat w/my sister, mom and nieces for my mom's birthday and our dining experience was amazing! Our waiter was a really great waiter to our group...especially w/the kids...very good service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgetown MustFoodFunDined on 10/18/2014I've been wanting to try this for a while ever since I saw it on Pasta Paradise years ago. I wasn't disappointed and it was worth the wait! The food was phenomenal and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- LemonyPersnicketVIPDined on 10/18/2014I truely do not get the appeal of Filomena's. For italian food, it is a step above the average but it's never memorable for me. Our server was terrible. He kept calling us Bella, got the order wrong, and took so long to replace it that we were finished eating and going to ask him to bring us the bill instead when he arrived with the 4 ravioli appetizer. We are slow eaters so this was probably 20-30 minutes in which he never even checked on us. We had him box it up and took it home. The halloween decor was cute but would be terrifying for little children. I continue to be awed at the prices this place comes up with. $30 for pasta? There are better options in Georgetown.
- PerfectCounselorDined on 10/17/2014Excellent dishes. Superb service. Amazing desserts. Stop looking around and just go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents WeekendNoneenDined on 10/17/2014We were in Georgetown for Parents Weekend. Took our daughter there and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!hungrymissourianDined on 10/17/2014The atmosphere is great! I would definitely recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent service, amazing food, and an overall wonderful experience! I can't wait to go back and would recommend this restaurant with high regards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent experienceSinefulaDined on 10/17/2014We went for lunch to Filomena. It was wonderful. Quick and high quality service. The food tasted great. The portions were huge. For me personally one appetizer (excellent breaded mozarella) was already enough. The calamari portion was also very big and palatable. Risotto (ordered for the first time there) was amazing and consisted of great amount of seafood and a bit of rice, which was quite a pleasant surprise, as usually we get more rice than seafood in other places. Homemade wine was very good, too. Thanks for great job! We'll definitely come to Filomena again. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Great restaurant !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014My boyfriend and I decided to go to Filomena for his birthday to celebrate and I must say we were both very satisfied with our experience. Our waiter was great, he explained the menu to us, he was prompt and very friendly. The atmosphere was great. They decorated for Halloween which we thought was pretty fun yet did not kill the mood. And of course the food was delicious and their pastas and sauces are homemade. Overall it was great experience. Next time we visit D.C. we will come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CabalouDined on 10/15/2014The service is always very good, and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceRenskiDined on 10/14/2014Ate here on a Tuesday night and it was packed full of patrons. We were seated quickly once tables turned around. Really enjoyed seeing all the halloween decorations too! Service was efficient and helpful without being in your face. Starters shared so could fit in their amazing desserts. They did this well. Mains were huge and very good but came with too much sauce which overwhelmed the foods and was too rich. Pity as they were good. Portion size was off putting but that probably us non-Americans not being used to them nor requiring a doggy bag to take home! Dessert was an experience worth making room for though. Everything looked fantastic it was hard to decide what to have. We were not disappointed!! Would visit again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DCfoodcrticDined on 10/14/2014Iconic restaurant that continues to be the best Italian restaurant in DC. Great menu, great wine list with an outstanding list of Borolos. Service is the best you can find anywhere. No wonder the restaurant is still packed with diners at 11pm in the middle of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old worldStevenDined on 10/13/2014Heavy sauces with lots of cream, noisy, even on a Monday night, and definitely don't ask for anchovies on your Caesar salad, unless you too want to spend $16.95. Thought the Halloween decorations were the best I've ever seen at a restaurant.
- Big groups are treated welldocprofDined on 10/12/2014We had a group of 8… ended up having a 9th join. They were VERY accommodating. Service was outstanding and didn't push us to leave to turn over table. Enjoyed the ambiance and decorations for halloween. Food was amazing. This will be new go-to favorite in DCSpecial Features:
- Filomenia's had phenomenal foodluvgr8tfoodDined on 10/12/2014Unbelievably great Italian food like mama makes. The atmosphere is fun and the staff is fantastic. You can't get a better Italian style meal in DC. I highly recommend Filomena's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and ConsistentAec2Dined on 10/12/2014Always have a wonderful meal here every time we come to Washington for business. Service is very professional and the food quality and portions are amazingSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!!ClefoodieDined on 10/12/2014I would highly recommend the restaurant to anyone who wants authentic Italian food. I am Italian and used to my mom fantastic Italian cooking. Moms is always going to be the best but this is definitely the closest you can get. Rice balls were incredible and the pasta dishes that we got were awesome! I can't say enough about how excellent the food was. The service....Preston was our server and took very good care of us. Never needing to ask for anything.Special Features:
- OutstandingCBostonDined on 10/12/2014The food was outstanding, some of the best Italian we've had. We gave our waiter the choice of choosing the wine which was a moderate price point. We enjoyed that so much we asked what he'd recommend for dinner without even looking at our menus. We were more than delighted with our meals. He also took the time to explain why so many Halloween decorations, the fresh gladioli, antique cash register and many other unique points about the restaurant. I'd just recommend, make your reservations, sit back and relax for an outstanding meal. My only complaint, I have to wait until we visit DC again.Special Features:
- Amazing Italian FoodAnonymous7064VIPDined on 10/12/2014I don't normally care to go out for Italian food but Filomena is a game-changer. I would return here often for their amazing pastas. We split the ravioli appetizer and it was incredible. The pasta was light and slightly crispy and the sauce was equally delicious. For entrees we had the lobster linguini and beef brisket tortellini -both of which were amazing. The food is very rich though so come hungry and pace yourself! We had heard about how over-the-top the decorations are for holidays and they did not disappoint for Halloween. There were "scary" decorations all over the restaurant - which we found funny and charming!Special Features:
- Ease up on the spooky stuff!TalulahDined on 10/12/2014There was a nice variety of food and it was all well prepared. The place seems to have an interesting history and old world charm. Unfortunately it was jam-packed with junky decorations that you could see at any Halloween store at the mall. You couldn't see what the room really looks like and it gave it a very cluttered feel. Other than that it was a good experience.Special Features:
- 50th Birthday with GirlfriendsVino4lifeDined on 10/11/2014We celebrated our girlfriend's 50th birthday last Saturday night with all the fun we could possibly have. Reservations made on open table a month out. Greeted with open arms like we had been there many times but it was our first experience. Seated us without a wait. Crowded and a little loud but so were we! Service and food and wine exceeded expectations. Did not rush us out. Would go back just to see the decor change with the seasons!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top - not necessarily goodTrialnorepeatVIPDined on 10/11/2014Over the top Halloween decor and over sized portions with high prices make for a less than stellar experience. No repeat from this group of 4. Even the waiter treated us as a transaction, not a customer.Special Features:
- A perfect family dinnerRosieDined on 10/10/2014Filomena's is a wonderful place to spend an evening. The over the top atmosphere is lively and fun. Most importantly, the food is outstanding. Every dish ordered by our family of five was prepared to perfection....al dente pasta, delicious sauces, fresh ingredients. Service is friendly and fast. It's become a family tradition!Special Features:
- Nothing on the menu I wouldn't eatnew2DCDined on 10/10/2014Food was amazing. The hard part was picking just one thing to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the besthhaeraDined on 10/10/2014Filomena is one of the best restaurants around. It is a family favorite for sure. When we come to DC, we have to come to Filomena. The food is excellent. A special is the women in the front of the restaurant making pasta. What a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBaileyH4VIPDined on 10/10/2014Filomena was wonderful! The staff was very attentive, and the food was amazing. We got the caprese as an app and ended up splitting our entree (the spinach and cheese ravioli) and we left stuffed. Filomena is a great neighborhood gem, and we would recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food Ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This place was incredible. Amazing food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to eat here again!MMouse3Dined on 10/10/2014We were visiting Washington for the first time in 5 years and couldn't wait to return to this restaurant. Everything was amazing! The food, wine, and service were better than many fine restaurants in New York City. We highly recommend Filomenas to anyone who wants a great meal in DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureLadRichardDined on 10/10/2014The homemade pasta is so good! Don't skip the before dinner bread! Wish we could have sat and enjoyed a long evening here...but had to go to the theater. The wait staff made sure we didn't feel rushed and still made the curtain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.