1063 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.filomena.com/
- Phone: 2023388800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily M-Sat: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner M-Su: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
Lunch Buffet: Sat 11:30-3:00
Brunch Buffet: Sunday's: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner Menu All Day: Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Christmas Eve
Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day (except if falls on Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniele Catalani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Filomena introducing our Corporate/Home Catering Division!
If you have a home or office party, let us do all the work. Choose between picking up your order or having us delivery (min order and delivery charges apply)
Also we can cater your next event complete with our own staff.
Contact Anton at 202-338-8800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: Every ten minutes, from 7 a.m. to midnight, ride the Georgetown Metro Connection. Ridership is open to everyone! Picking up from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle metro stations every ten minutes makes getting to Georgetown quick and easy.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Most convenient parking is located directly across the street at Georgetown Park Mall. There are also several parking garages throughout Georgetown.
A word from Filomena Ristorante
Celebrating 30 Years as one of Washington's most Landmark restaurants in the heart of Georgetown overlooking the historic C&O Canal. Voted Washington's Best Italian Restaurant by AOL Digital City past several years. Featured on The Travel Channel and Food Network. Lunch or dinner, our old-world cooking styles and recipes brought to America by the early Italian immigrants, carefully passed down from one generation to the next, alongside the culinary cutting edge creations of Italy's foods of today.Continued
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Filomena Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Filomena Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
631 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (408)romantic (279)fit for foodies (252)neighborhood gem (251)good for groups (190)notable wine list (153)hot spot (95)great for lunch (66)kid-friendly (62)great for brunch (48)late-night find (33)scenic view (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Delicious Food and Great ServicemikeDined on 8/28/2014It was great to walk past the window to see the pasta being handmade, and the taste was even better. The sauces were a bit heavy but I absolutely loved it. Friendly staff and exceptional service. Definitely going back and will recommend this place to all.Special Features:
- Always TerrificFoodFanDined on 8/28/2014I find that Filomena Ristorante is one of my favorites...one I take visiting guests to experience. I feel the food is always delicious, the service is great and, what else could make it any better. I'm waiting for the day when I don't eat too much entree and can sample their desserts.Special Features:
- favorite restaurantMicaDined on 8/25/2014Perfect for a date night or special occasion, Filomena's is one of my favorite restaurants in DC. The food is outstanding (and don't skip dessert) and the service is excellent. I love coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true classicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014It's the trifecta--amazing food prepared with care in the classic fashion (there's a little old grandma upstairs who hand-rolls all the gnocci!), outstanding service by professional waiters, a fabulous ambience from a bygone but not dated era. I've been there with the family for a good meal, and for a special occasion. The staff does not disappoint and the food is incredible. Nothing particularly fancy but all prepared just right. We went most recently for my friend's 40th and they surprised her with a sparkler in her dessert and complimentary amaretto and sambucha for "good luck". Oh, and the vodka sauce was incredible!!Special Features:
- Used to be my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I used to love filomenas restaurant!! They treat you like your someone important, the ambiance makes you feel like your in an Italian grandmothers dining room, and the food is so delicious!!! The only reason I'm not giving this place 5 stars is because my absolute favorite dish that I can't seem to recreate or find anywhere, they took it off the menu! My favorite vegetable lasagna! I dot eat meat and there are only 3 other options and it's basically just pasta an sauce. I ended up getting the ravioli with spinach in vodka sauce. It was definitely yummy but it didn't have that special taste. Bring back the vegetable lasagna and I'll give it 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and crowded but yummy!FoodieFanDined on 8/23/2014We dined at Filomena's on a recent trip to DC. The restaurant was very busy and very loud but the service was attentive and friendly. The portions were huge and very well prepared. A great evening overall.Special Features:
- Delightful find......vivaItaliaDined on 8/23/2014We heard about Filomena from neighbors. So, the next time we were in D.C. we thought we'd give it a try. When we entered the restaurant we watched two ladies making ravioli in a glassed room next to the entrance..... and visible from the street. They explained their process and were very cheerful. This was the beginning of a lovely evening. The place was packed. I'm glad we had reservations. The waiter was very professional and elegant in serving us. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and made sure that our experience was a good one. We will certainly go back during our next visit.Special Features:
- ExcellentPJA1Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent food with very large portions and highly attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMelissaDined on 8/22/2014Absolutely loved Filomena's! We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious! The service was impeccable to say the least. This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend and I would highly recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceWeewillyDined on 8/22/2014We have been to this restaurant twice. Abundant servings of tasty food served by a professional wait staff. Just excellent. Noise level was such that we could not even carry on a conversation this time. VERY ANNOYING but there were at least three birthday parties. Dining experience is worth it despite the aggravating commotion.Special Features:
- Great DinnerDCVistorsDined on 8/21/2014My daughter and I were celebrating her birthday, a few days late. Food was fantastic and the service was even better. The place was packed yet, I felt like we received special attention from the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 2014JeddacooksDined on 8/21/2014We loved everything we ordered! The portions are huge! The sauce is amazing. Great wine, great service and outstanding food! My only complaint is we had to wait to be seated even though the dining room was empty and we had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice looking foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Not very tasty. presentation is NOT everything. Waiter did his best.
- great food, HUGE portionsrachelkDined on 8/20/2014entrees were pricey for pasta ... $25-$30 BUT the portions are enormous. if you don't frown on doggie-bags, there is enough food for multiple meals, so it's worth it! friendly service, even when we did not order wine or dessert...Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!RobEckDined on 8/20/2014Absolutely the best Italian food I have ever eaten at a restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Noisy but Good FoodLFK1Dined on 8/20/2014We went with a party of 7 on a Wednesday evening, 7:30. The restaurant was pretty crowded, and we had to scream at each other to be heard. It was incredibly noisy, but as the night wore on, it got less so. The food was good as was the service. We were somewhat charmed by the woman in the window Making Gnocci. I will say, their red sauce was outstanding. Although I don't care for Sambucca or Amaretto, it was a nice touch to serve them at the end of the meal.Special Features:
- Loud crowdsk8ladyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Moderately good Italian in a Georgetown basement. However, the food was overshadowed by the incredible noise level. My husband and I literally had to shout to be able to hear each other. In addition, we were seated at a table so small that the menus and wine list barely fit on the table at the same time. I had to apologize to the guy behind me when I put my raincoat on my chair as I could not shift around without hitting him. Not a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014I was in Virginia moving my daughter in for school. This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel. This would not be a place we would be returning to. Their food is marginal...(Olive Garden). So many other places to eat.
- Great ExperienceRavenwoodDined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderful meal at Filomena's. Food was out of this world. Attention to detail and fresh pasta was to die for.Special Features:
- Always Great !!EatMeatVIPDined on 8/18/2014I was visiting friends and on business in DC when my company said that we were going to Folomena. I was very pleased. As usual the food was great and the service was excellent. They did forget an appetizer we ordered but it didn't make any difference - we had pleanty of food. All was excellent. Will return again when I am in town - my girlfreind was home and could not make the trip and she was jealous.Special Features:
- Food subpar, too loudAnonymous11VIPDined on 8/17/2014I truly don't understand the raves about this place. No way is this a high end Italian restaurant; the vodka sauce was one of the worst I've had. Flavors overall were bad. Portions way too big. Tables so close together that we were basically in the other table's conversation. Would NEVER recommend this restaurant as it was really a disappointment and in no way worth the prices. One can do much better for Italian in D.C.
- Excellent ItalianPeteEatsDined on 8/17/2014Probably the best Italian food in the DC area. Been there for dinner and brunch both are outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A waste of time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for lunch on a Sunday afternoon during DC restaurant week. The restaurant was not busy. We were only offered the limited 'restaurant week' menu – the server didn’t think to show us the other menus. The food was mediocre at best. The service was poor. The only time our waiter spoke to us was when he handed my husband the check. There are far better restaurants in Georgetown to patronize. We will not return.
- Bad service and oily foodDGhhhDined on 8/17/2014The waiter was very arrogant, no smile and frequently interrupted when we were enjoying talking. The quality of the food is below average. If you are looking for food very heavy, contains a lot of sugar and fat, this is the perfect place for you.
- Terrible ServiceHighFidelityDined on 8/17/2014Food was good enough. Unfortunately, even the best of foods can be ruined by terrible service. We went for Sunday buffet brunch. How can you ruin brunch service? Well, our waiter seemed to know how to do just that. One of the people in our party ordered off the menu. The order was never placed. Indeed, only after we asked him about the order did he remember. This was already 45 minutes later. The rest of the group had eaten off the buffet already. Our drink glasses were not refilled. Only after we asked for refills did we get his attention, and it still took a while for him to refill our glasses. Truly unfortunate because I do like the food there.Special Features:
- love!foodcomaVIPDined on 8/16/2014Filomena is one of my favorite restaurants in DC..their restaurant menu was awesome and the quantities made it worth every penny..Loved the triple chocolate mouse cake, the rigatoni with vodka tomato sauce and the mouth watering calamari...a special mention to our server who was absolutely delightful..we were so pleased with him that we ended up tipping him 25%..can't wait to go back to Filomena!Special Features:
- It's the best!foodexplorerDined on 8/16/2014This is our second visit to Filomena and it certainly won't be our last! We will make a point of visiting each time we visit Washington! The food, service and ambience are all 4-star and I wouldn't change a thing! It's a great experience each time.Special Features:
- Pasta Made Right on the Premises!FoodGem123Dined on 8/16/2014Absolutely delicious. Love all the pasta dishes, and the meatballs in red gravy are a must try. The best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceMontanaDined on 8/16/2014When we know we are traveling to Washington, DC, we make a reservation at Filomena's each time we come. The restaurant is always busy - and full of all sorts of great surprises! It is always a wonderful experience - the food is wonderful, the service is professional, and we are always treated with wonderful Italian hospitality. Thanks to everyone at Filomena's for some great memories!Special Features:
- LovetodineoutDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. The homemade bread was yummy. the ravioli was over the top delicious! The portions are generous so be ready to eat.Special Features:
- amazing foodtryitoutDined on 8/16/2014if you want amazing authentic Italian food then you must try Filomena. The atmosphere is outdated grandmas house and is very crowded where you sit very close to your neighboring tables. The price is also a little high. Even with those two things my husband and I keep going back because the food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my that sausageeiknarfDined on 8/16/2014Went for restaurant week, and we'll definitely be going back! For our appetizers, we had the meatballs and the arancini, both amazing. The meatballs were juicy and well seasoned, and the arancini, just wow. For the entrees, we had the sausage and the chicken with vodka sauce. The homemade pastas were perfectly cooked. The chicken dish was good, but nothing to write home about. The sausage though... Oh that sausage. I will go back and back again just for the sausage. Get it! We tried one of each dessert, the triple chocolate cake and the strawberry shortcake, and though we both love chocolate, the shortcake was our fave, absolutely devine. And our server, Vittorio, was awesome!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014I have been wanting to try Filomena since the Gerogetown food fair and I was really disappointed. I came for an early dinner and was seated near the kitchen. It was super loud and there were dirty dishes sitting on trays near my table. The ambiance was cute but very dusty and I felt like I was eating in someone's basement which, is ironic because the restaurant is below street level. The food was just okay and our server was nice. Good thing I went during restaurant week because I would have been upset to pay full price for this experience.
- delicious and uniqueheartfoodDined on 8/16/2014Very interesting and unique ambiance created by the decor. The food is AMAZING and always a favorite of ours during restaurant week.Special Features:
- Filomena - best Italian experienceFoodloverDined on 8/15/2014It is one of our favorite Italian restauants and we take lots of out of town guests there including many who have travelled to Italy- we all agree that it is the best Italian did outside of Italy and better then most Italian restaurants in Italy- I love that they serve my favorite wine - Amarone and their desserts are to die for so make sure you leave room... And finally they serve ( on the house) sambuca and amaretto to ensure you walk away with good breath😄😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mass produced food, rushed servicejen1jmuDined on 8/15/2014We usually love Filomena but it was a bad experience. The food for restaurant week seemed mass produced and was richer than normal. The waiter rushed us through the meal and we did not even have a minute between courses. The waiter dropped my to go box on the floor upside down and didn't even apologize or offer to get me replacement food (I checked after he walked away and the arancini balls had exploded). Two of the three bathroom stalls in the restroom had no toilet paper. My husband and I both had stomachaches as we left and we only ate half of our meals.
- Authentic Italian food at its bestNaomiDined on 8/15/2014From the "Pasta Mama" making pasta in the front window, to the Pasta Mama making food in the back, it was amazing. I kept reading about their "famous pasta sauce" and it is the best. Accompany that with the most flavorful meatball and cheese ravioli and you have a great appetizer. The food was delicious. The ambience was very romantic. It was a little dark but once my eyes got used to it I was comfortable. The location was perfect as it sits in the heart of Georgetown shopping off M street. I would definitely go back to try other dishes and desserts. Thank you Pasta Mama's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Precious and RomanticFoodFighterDined on 8/14/2014Filomena offers an exquisite dining opportunity. Although you will find a younger, Georgetown crowd there, the experience certainly warrants the wear of a jacket. I would certainly recommend you and your date to split a meal thereby saving room for one of their scrumptious desserts! Bon Appetito!!!Special Features:
- Great food, friendly servicejstavishDined on 8/14/2014Took my family here for Restaurant Week, it was the first time for 3 of them - the waitress was exceptionally nice and even let us taste test two different wines before ordering a bottle. The food was delicious, and everyone was able to take home leftovers. The place is a cute little restaurant in Georgetown, unassuming from the sidewalk, but lively and vibrant as soon as you walk in. It can be crowded inside, but we never felt ignored or unattended to. Wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great find!AlwaysTryingSomethingNewDined on 8/14/2014Everything on the menu was delicious! I had never heard of the restaurant and was looking for good Italian food. Filomena Ristorante was a great find! I recommend it and will come visit again.Special Features: