1063 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.filomena.com/
- Phone: 2023388800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily M-Sat: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner M-Su: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
Lunch Buffet: Sat 11:30-3:00
Brunch Buffet: Sunday's: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner Menu All Day: Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Christmas Eve
Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day (except if falls on Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniele Catalani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Filomena introducing our Corporate/Home Catering Division!
If you have a home or office party, let us do all the work. Choose between picking up your order or having us delivery (min order and delivery charges apply)
Also we can cater your next event complete with our own staff.
Contact Anton at 202-338-8800 or email@example.com
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: Every ten minutes, from 7 a.m. to midnight, ride the Georgetown Metro Connection. Ridership is open to everyone! Picking up from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle metro stations every ten minutes makes getting to Georgetown quick and easy.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Most convenient parking is located directly across the street at Georgetown Park Mall. There are also several parking garages throughout Georgetown.
A word from Filomena Ristorante
Celebrating 30 Years as one of Washington's most Landmark restaurants in the heart of Georgetown overlooking the historic C&O Canal. Voted Washington's Best Italian Restaurant by AOL Digital City past several years. Featured on The Travel Channel and Food Network. Lunch or dinner, our old-world cooking styles and recipes brought to America by the early Italian immigrants, carefully passed down from one generation to the next, alongside the culinary cutting edge creations of Italy's foods of today.Continued
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Filomena Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Filomena Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
648 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (410)fit for foodies (308)romantic (287)neighborhood gem (282)good for groups (241)notable wine list (170)hot spot (108)kid-friendly (62)great for lunch (61)late-night find (34)great for brunch (33)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Consiatently awesomeCzSchaeferVIPDined on 10/29/201430 years and still the BEST! Italian food that is old-style delicious. Gracious waitstaff, complimentary sambuco and amaretto following a sumptuous meal. Celebrated my friend's birthday here mid-week night. they brought out our choice of dessert with a sparkler and sang Happy Birthday and we lingered for 3 hours! The most relaxing dining experience in a lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian American foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Every-time I go to Filomena I am delighted by the quality of the food and service. For my money it is certainly one of the best Italian American restaurant in the world.Special Features:
- Awesome!ChuckDined on 10/26/2014We're from Oklahoma and when we're in DC we never miss going to Filomena's. It's a must stop for dinner......Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!2tired2cookDined on 10/26/2014My boyfriend of a year and a half and I absolutely love Filomena! The staff is very friendly and attentive, and the food is just so fresh and delicious. We go to Filomena every month just as a treat for ourselves, and each time we are always more impressed than the last. We have our favorites — the lasagna and chicken parm — but this time, we decided to try something new: Veal Marsala...easily the best I've ever had. Other pluses about Filomena are its desserts and decor. I had never been to Filomena around the holidays, but they go ALL OUT with their decorations. The Halloween props are fantastic — they definitely set a celebratory mood and are a great conversation starter. I can't wait to go back at Thanksgiving and Christmas time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffDined on 10/26/2014Wow what a great place for dinner when you are Georgetown.............Special Features:
- Last Supper WorthyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My fiancé and I have decided that our last supper would come from Filomena's. Every thing we order is the best thing we've ever had...until the next time we visit :)Special Features:
- Excelent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I recommend this place a lot especially to those who love italian food, and for those who need some place to eat carbs before a raceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Best Italian food I've ever eaten!!! Awesome. Wonderful service. Atmosphere was over the top.....excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish I could give it 6 stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014This was one of the best meals I have ever had. The entire restaurant was decorated for Halloween and not tacky but creative and fun. All of the breads, pasta and sausage is made in house and fresh and everything was of the highest quality. ...the service, food, ambiance. Truly a wonderful meal and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Always great food, service and atmostphere. Be prepared to be stuffed walking our the door as you will have a hard time putting down the fork.Special Features:
- Lived up to expectationsJethegreatDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend. The Halloween decorations were as amazing as the food. We shared a salad and each ordered an entree. We both took half of it home. The lobster pasta was like eating an entire lobster with delicious sauce. My husband had the ravioli with meatballs, sort of the best of two worlds. Did not save room for dessert, but they look delicious. Went to Carmine's the next night, and it could not compare. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGSharonDined on 10/24/2014One of my most favorite restaurants ever! I had a friend from out of town who I took here - and it felt like our server was extra attentive, and really wanted to make it a good experience for her and I. I cannot say enough good things about this place, the staff and the food and overall how much effort is put in to each and every person's experience. The only minor (and I mean, its minor) is how loud it is in there. But that is b/c they have lots of tables and every table was full - another testament to how great it is there. Highly recommend as a awesome spot in Georgetown.Special Features:
- Very AverageIluvfoodVIPDined on 10/24/2014After reading so many great reviews. I was disappointed with our food. I got president Clinton's favorite dish which was $36 dollars. It was ok. The best part was probably the cheesecake. It was light and fluffy. With so many great reaturants in the area I wouldn't go back or recommend the reaturant to anyone.
- Excellent food, busy serversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I just took my Dad here for his 60th birthday dinner. We drove 5+ hours for this meal and built a trip around it. I emailed the restaurant ahead of time about special arrangements. I got no reply for 3 weeks so I emailed again. They promised a particular surprise with dessert. They never brought it and they charged me for his dessert. The server was friendly and professional but he rushed us through the meal, never brought the special dessert, and made us wait for coffee drinks for over 20 minutes. When we brought it up, he made it sound intentional instead of apologizing. I have to say, I was disappointed. To drive that many hours and spend that many hundreds of dollars for a dinner, I would think they could give us a solid experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DecorMoonbeamMcSwineDined on 10/22/2014Two couples dined together on an October Thursday, and had a very pleasant experience. There were so many whimsical Halloween decorations hung about, that it was a hoot! It is a classic Italian restaurant serving freshly made pasta. In fact, you can see an employee making pasta through a window. The waitstaff is quite attentive. The portions are humongous. Desserts looked splendid, but, alas, we had no room for them. It seemed a little expensive, but Georgetown is an expensive area. I would recommend Filomena Ristorante to anyone who loves good Italian food and/or is quite hungry. Most of all, I would recommend it to those who appreciate an exciting, artistic decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VirginiaVIPDined on 10/22/2014Nice old school Italian hangout in Georgetown. Never disappoints. Great food and exceptionally friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andy&lynOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Delicious home-made Italian in large servings and a salad bar with fresh greens at very reasonable prices. Friendly, friendly restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceMD2BDined on 10/20/2014My husband and I have made it a tradition to celebrate our anniversary at Filomena's. The food is amazing and the quality of service is amazing. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for authentic Italian food! Plus, I consider this a fancy place so I get to dress up when I go here :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service lacksukie214Dined on 10/20/2014The food is delicious and authentic Italian. However, the service was lacking and the waiter was extremely rude. He shouted at us when asking for our orders and was generally unpleasant to be around.Special Features:
- More than your neighborhood ItalianMisterGDined on 10/20/2014From the entryway, where you see 'mama' making pasta, down to the dining room, where you are enveloped in a 'time far gone', this is a special place. The portions are fit for a king, the service makes you feel like a king, and the food is well prepared and delicious. I will add Filomena to my DC favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalCaseDined on 10/19/2014Food was phenomenal, service was exceptional. The halloween decorations were spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FilomenacastironDined on 10/19/2014Overall food was fair; very large portions. Went for Anniversary celebration with family (3). Arrived and checked in with host. Even though we had reservations, we weren't seated until 20 minutes later and he didn't tell us how long we would need to wait; felt like an afterthought. Not the best way to start but was hoping that the food would make up for it. Calamari alla Sicily - nice, tender w/ right amount of sauce; toast had smoky flavor & texture that was very good Polpette Classico - meatballs flavorful but not hot enough; almost like it was ready 10 minutes before it was brought to the table Pastas - all pastas were great; cooked just right w/ perfect chew. Unfortunately, they were all drowning in too much sauce
- nothappyDined on 10/19/2014We had made reservations for Sunday evening. The restaurant was less than 10% occupied by customers. We were seated at a table right by the kitchen area. (we were the only people in the area that we were seated in) When I asked if we could move they did move us to a better table. We sat at the new table for approximately 5 minutes when a bus boy came and took away our dinner plates which confused me. We sat there for another 5 minutes waiting for the waiter who was assigned to our table to come. He never did, even though there were many waiters and few customers. We finally left. I had eaten at Filomenia's several times before and was looking forward to another memorable dining experience. This one was memorable, just for the wrong reasons.
- Simplistic goodnessGEEOTTODined on 10/18/2014There isn't much one needs to say in favor of Filomena but great food and wine and the atmosphere is conducive to having a nice dinner with your loved one or ones.Special Features:
- A must go!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014When in D.C., Filomena is a must. Creative Italian dishes, exceptional sauces,rediculous portions, attentive service make this ultimate Italian old world establisment an experience to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FiolaDined on 10/18/2014I always feel like the staff at Filomena think they are doing me a favor.
- great dinnerBigguyDined on 10/18/2014Awesome dining experience. Good was excellent, service was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Italian Cuisine in DCDeniseDined on 10/18/2014I dined here this past Sat w/my sister, mom and nieces for my mom's birthday and our dining experience was amazing! Our waiter was a really great waiter to our group...especially w/the kids...very good service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgetown MustFoodFunDined on 10/18/2014I've been wanting to try this for a while ever since I saw it on Pasta Paradise years ago. I wasn't disappointed and it was worth the wait! The food was phenomenal and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- LemonyPersnicketVIPDined on 10/18/2014I truely do not get the appeal of Filomena's. For italian food, it is a step above the average but it's never memorable for me. Our server was terrible. He kept calling us Bella, got the order wrong, and took so long to replace it that we were finished eating and going to ask him to bring us the bill instead when he arrived with the 4 ravioli appetizer. We are slow eaters so this was probably 20-30 minutes in which he never even checked on us. We had him box it up and took it home. The halloween decor was cute but would be terrifying for little children. I continue to be awed at the prices this place comes up with. $30 for pasta? There are better options in Georgetown.
- PerfectCounselorDined on 10/17/2014Excellent dishes. Superb service. Amazing desserts. Stop looking around and just go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents WeekendNoneenDined on 10/17/2014We were in Georgetown for Parents Weekend. Took our daughter there and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!hungrymissourianDined on 10/17/2014The atmosphere is great! I would definitely recommend it to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Excellent service, amazing food, and an overall wonderful experience! I can't wait to go back and would recommend this restaurant with high regards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent experienceSinefulaDined on 10/17/2014We went for lunch to Filomena. It was wonderful. Quick and high quality service. The food tasted great. The portions were huge. For me personally one appetizer (excellent breaded mozarella) was already enough. The calamari portion was also very big and palatable. Risotto (ordered for the first time there) was amazing and consisted of great amount of seafood and a bit of rice, which was quite a pleasant surprise, as usually we get more rice than seafood in other places. Homemade wine was very good, too. Thanks for great job! We'll definitely come to Filomena again. I would recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Great restaurant !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014My boyfriend and I decided to go to Filomena for his birthday to celebrate and I must say we were both very satisfied with our experience. Our waiter was great, he explained the menu to us, he was prompt and very friendly. The atmosphere was great. They decorated for Halloween which we thought was pretty fun yet did not kill the mood. And of course the food was delicious and their pastas and sauces are homemade. Overall it was great experience. Next time we visit D.C. we will come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CabalouDined on 10/15/2014The service is always very good, and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceRenskiDined on 10/14/2014Ate here on a Tuesday night and it was packed full of patrons. We were seated quickly once tables turned around. Really enjoyed seeing all the halloween decorations too! Service was efficient and helpful without being in your face. Starters shared so could fit in their amazing desserts. They did this well. Mains were huge and very good but came with too much sauce which overwhelmed the foods and was too rich. Pity as they were good. Portion size was off putting but that probably us non-Americans not being used to them nor requiring a doggy bag to take home! Dessert was an experience worth making room for though. Everything looked fantastic it was hard to decide what to have. We were not disappointed!! Would visit again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DCfoodcrticDined on 10/14/2014Iconic restaurant that continues to be the best Italian restaurant in DC. Great menu, great wine list with an outstanding list of Borolos. Service is the best you can find anywhere. No wonder the restaurant is still packed with diners at 11pm in the middle of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old worldStevenDined on 10/13/2014Heavy sauces with lots of cream, noisy, even on a Monday night, and definitely don't ask for anchovies on your Caesar salad, unless you too want to spend $16.95. Thought the Halloween decorations were the best I've ever seen at a restaurant.