1063 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.filomena.com/
- Phone: 2023388800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily M-Sat: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner M-Su: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
Lunch Buffet: Sat 11:30-3:00
Brunch Buffet: Sunday's: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner Menu All Day: Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Christmas Eve
Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day (except if falls on Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniele Catalani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Filomena introducing our Corporate/Home Catering Division!
If you have a home or office party, let us do all the work. Choose between picking up your order or having us delivery (min order and delivery charges apply)
Also we can cater your next event complete with our own staff.
Contact Anton at 202-338-8800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: Every ten minutes, from 7 a.m. to midnight, ride the Georgetown Metro Connection. Ridership is open to everyone! Picking up from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle metro stations every ten minutes makes getting to Georgetown quick and easy.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Most convenient parking is located directly across the street at Georgetown Park Mall. There are also several parking garages throughout Georgetown.
A word from Filomena Ristorante
Celebrating 30 Years as one of Washington's most Landmark restaurants in the heart of Georgetown overlooking the historic C&O Canal. Voted Washington's Best Italian Restaurant by AOL Digital City past several years. Featured on The Travel Channel and Food Network. Lunch or dinner, our old-world cooking styles and recipes brought to America by the early Italian immigrants, carefully passed down from one generation to the next, alongside the culinary cutting edge creations of Italy's foods of today.Continued
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Filomena Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Filomena Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
640 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (414)romantic (278)neighborhood gem (263)fit for foodies (251)good for groups (198)notable wine list (156)hot spot (95)great for lunch (62)kid-friendly (61)great for brunch (50)late-night find (32)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Absolutely the best Italian food I have ever eaten at a restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud crowdsk8ladyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Moderately good Italian in a Georgetown basement. However, the food was overshadowed by the incredible noise level. My husband and I literally had to shout to be able to hear each other. In addition, we were seated at a table so small that the menus and wine list barely fit on the table at the same time. I had to apologize to the guy behind me when I put my raincoat on my chair as I could not shift around without hitting him. Not a good experience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRavenwoodDined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderful meal at Filomena's. Food was out of this world. Attention to detail and fresh pasta was to die for.Special Features:
- Always Great !!EatMeatVIPDined on 8/18/2014I was visiting friends and on business in DC when my company said that we were going to Folomena. I was very pleased. As usual the food was great and the service was excellent. They did forget an appetizer we ordered but it didn't make any difference - we had pleanty of food. All was excellent. Will return again when I am in town - my girlfreind was home and could not make the trip and she was jealous.Special Features:
- Excellent ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Probably the best Italian food in the DC area. Been there for dinner and brunch both are outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A waste of time!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2014We went for lunch on a Sunday afternoon during DC restaurant week. The restaurant was not busy. We were only offered the limited 'restaurant week' menu – the server didn’t think to show us the other menus. The food was mediocre at best. The service was poor. The only time our waiter spoke to us was when he handed my husband the check. There are far better restaurants in Georgetown to patronize. We will not return.
- Bad service and oily foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The waiter was very arrogant, no smile and frequently interrupted when we were enjoying talking. The quality of the food is below average. If you are looking for food very heavy, contains a lot of sugar and fat, this is the perfect place for you.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Food was good enough. Unfortunately, even the best of foods can be ruined by terrible service. We went for Sunday buffet brunch. How can you ruin brunch service? Well, our waiter seemed to know how to do just that. One of the people in our party ordered off the menu. The order was never placed. Indeed, only after we asked him about the order did he remember. This was already 45 minutes later. The rest of the group had eaten off the buffet already. Our drink glasses were not refilled. Only after we asked for refills did we get his attention, and it still took a while for him to refill our glasses. Truly unfortunate because I do like the food there.Special Features:
- It's the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This is our second visit to Filomena and it certainly won't be our last! We will make a point of visiting each time we visit Washington! The food, service and ambience are all 4-star and I wouldn't change a thing! It's a great experience each time.Special Features:
- Pasta Made Right on the Premises!FoodGem123Dined on 8/16/2014Absolutely delicious. Love all the pasta dishes, and the meatballs in red gravy are a must try. The best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014When we know we are traveling to Washington, DC, we make a reservation at Filomena's each time we come. The restaurant is always busy - and full of all sorts of great surprises! It is always a wonderful experience - the food is wonderful, the service is professional, and we are always treated with wonderful Italian hospitality. Thanks to everyone at Filomena's for some great memories!Special Features:
- LovetodineoutDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. The homemade bread was yummy. the ravioli was over the top delicious! The portions are generous so be ready to eat.Special Features:
- amazing foodtryitoutDined on 8/16/2014if you want amazing authentic Italian food then you must try Filomena. The atmosphere is outdated grandmas house and is very crowded where you sit very close to your neighboring tables. The price is also a little high. Even with those two things my husband and I keep going back because the food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my that sausageeiknarfDined on 8/16/2014Went for restaurant week, and we'll definitely be going back! For our appetizers, we had the meatballs and the arancini, both amazing. The meatballs were juicy and well seasoned, and the arancini, just wow. For the entrees, we had the sausage and the chicken with vodka sauce. The homemade pastas were perfectly cooked. The chicken dish was good, but nothing to write home about. The sausage though... Oh that sausage. I will go back and back again just for the sausage. Get it! We tried one of each dessert, the triple chocolate cake and the strawberry shortcake, and though we both love chocolate, the shortcake was our fave, absolutely devine. And our server, Vittorio, was awesome!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014I have been wanting to try Filomena since the Gerogetown food fair and I was really disappointed. I came for an early dinner and was seated near the kitchen. It was super loud and there were dirty dishes sitting on trays near my table. The ambiance was cute but very dusty and I felt like I was eating in someone's basement which, is ironic because the restaurant is below street level. The food was just okay and our server was nice. Good thing I went during restaurant week because I would have been upset to pay full price for this experience.
- delicious and uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Very interesting and unique ambiance created by the decor. The food is AMAZING and always a favorite of ours during restaurant week.Special Features:
- Filomena - best Italian experienceFoodloverDined on 8/15/2014It is one of our favorite Italian restauants and we take lots of out of town guests there including many who have travelled to Italy- we all agree that it is the best Italian did outside of Italy and better then most Italian restaurants in Italy- I love that they serve my favorite wine - Amarone and their desserts are to die for so make sure you leave room... And finally they serve ( on the house) sambuca and amaretto to ensure you walk away with good breath😄😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mass produced food, rushed servicejen1jmuDined on 8/15/2014We usually love Filomena but it was a bad experience. The food for restaurant week seemed mass produced and was richer than normal. The waiter rushed us through the meal and we did not even have a minute between courses. The waiter dropped my to go box on the floor upside down and didn't even apologize or offer to get me replacement food (I checked after he walked away and the arancini balls had exploded). Two of the three bathroom stalls in the restroom had no toilet paper. My husband and I both had stomachaches as we left and we only ate half of our meals.
- Authentic Italian food at its bestNaomiDined on 8/15/2014From the "Pasta Mama" making pasta in the front window, to the Pasta Mama making food in the back, it was amazing. I kept reading about their "famous pasta sauce" and it is the best. Accompany that with the most flavorful meatball and cheese ravioli and you have a great appetizer. The food was delicious. The ambience was very romantic. It was a little dark but once my eyes got used to it I was comfortable. The location was perfect as it sits in the heart of Georgetown shopping off M street. I would definitely go back to try other dishes and desserts. Thank you Pasta Mama's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Precious and RomanticFoodFighterDined on 8/14/2014Filomena offers an exquisite dining opportunity. Although you will find a younger, Georgetown crowd there, the experience certainly warrants the wear of a jacket. I would certainly recommend you and your date to split a meal thereby saving room for one of their scrumptious desserts! Bon Appetito!!!Special Features:
- Great food, friendly servicejstavishDined on 8/14/2014Took my family here for Restaurant Week, it was the first time for 3 of them - the waitress was exceptionally nice and even let us taste test two different wines before ordering a bottle. The food was delicious, and everyone was able to take home leftovers. The place is a cute little restaurant in Georgetown, unassuming from the sidewalk, but lively and vibrant as soon as you walk in. It can be crowded inside, but we never felt ignored or unattended to. Wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Great find!AlwaysTryingSomethingNewDined on 8/14/2014Everything on the menu was delicious! I had never heard of the restaurant and was looking for good Italian food. Filomena Ristorante was a great find! I recommend it and will come visit again.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealgoodcatsDined on 8/14/2014We went to lunch at Filomena's during Restaurant Week and our meal was delicious. Unlike many of the other restaurants participating in Restaurant Week, Filomena's had a very good selection of appetizers and entrees and the portions were full-sized. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable and the decor is very romantic. I am planning on going back with my husband for dinner and I am very much looking forward to it. I highly recommend Filomena's. Even thought it's in Georgetown, parking was readily available and fairly priced for DC.Special Features:
- Excellent, Authentic Italian FoodPAR59Dined on 8/13/2014Great service, great food, huge portions! Could not have asked for a better server than Mr. Soprano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Absolutely fantastic experience. This is my favorite restaurant in Georgetown and I must pay a visit every time I travel to the DC area.Special Features:
- OutstandingseabreezeVIPDined on 8/13/2014They sat us almost immediately and assigned the perfect waitstaff that ensured the courses were separated properly and we never felt rushed. It was restaurant week however we went with standard fare...captures, risotto balls and lasagna...what could be betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Food was great! And Free shots after dinner! It was great!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014This restaurant has a very comfortable yet romantic atmosphere but it could be in the middle of a trash heap and I would still give it five stars!! The food is divine and the service is magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!Mimix2Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed the bountiful table of food.... serving sizes are large! Three of our guests had not been to this resaurant and truly enjoyed the food. The table we were set at was right by the host desk and was difficult to have a conversation with our guests due to the noise of guests waiting to be seated. You may want to request being away from the front of the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- REAL ITALIANbenjaminzzDined on 8/11/2014IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GREAT AUTHENTIC ITALIAN FOOD, FILOMENA IS THE PLACE TO GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Restaurant Week MenuFoodieindisguiseDined on 8/11/2014What a way to kick off restaurant week! The menu did not skimp on quality or portions and quality of everything was nearly perfect. The server was a bit cold, but the food and drinks were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedDoodlesDined on 8/11/2014Ambience was nice. Quality of food was good but quantity was excessive. Service was rushed and there was no time to relax between servings. Got the feeling they want to turn tables as quickly as possible. Bartender cannot make a decent martini yet charges $20.00 for it. Complimentary amaretto and sambucca was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Tight FitdcdinerDined on 8/10/2014Filomina had decent reviews but we were disappointed in the experience. First after waiting 15 minutes for our table (we had reservations) we sat at the bar to find they had no drink list other than wine. The bar tender pointed to their spirits and offered to pour us something. Then the tables were crammed in worse than an airline seat. They had a banquet seat with too many tables crammed in. We had to move our table every time someone next to us wanted to get out and every time the waiter came to serve people would bump my wife and I. The wine steward was excellent, he was the best part. The food was average, nothing special in our opinion. We could barely hear ourselves talk due to the open dining room concept with way too many people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian food in D.C.WorldTravelingFoodie84Dined on 8/10/2014It'll make you miss your nonna! I always get the misto di mare, and it is top notch. The server was very accommodating to our special requests and very upfront about additional costs we'd incur for our meals.Special Features:
- The food and service were amazing!HappyDined on 8/10/2014They were very gracious even though we were late for our reservation. The staff was so friendly, the portions are HUGE and our waiter was an absolute joy. I would definitaley go back and tell my friends visiting the Washington area it is a must do dining experience! It is a little noisy, but not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedViaRomaDined on 8/10/2014It was recommended to me by two different people and again by the hotel that I was staying @ so I was very much looking forward to the experience. I'm a foodie and dine @ the best from LA to New York with San Francisco in-between and I have to say this was like eating @ Epcot Center, the Italian pavilion. Atmosphere - loud, waiters - over done, food - too much on the plate! It tries to be authentic but it comes across as a generic version of Italy, and I'm Italian. After a week in Rome prior to this trip, I think Filomena needs to go back to the mother country to call to mind how it's suppose to be done!!!!!
- Ask for GinoWVGirlDined on 8/10/2014Anything with the lobster sauce will be delicious. Gino was our server and couldn't have done a better job.Special Features:
- Great FoodJackieDined on 8/8/2014The food never lets me down! If it wasn't pricey, I would go back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not responsivePhillyJohnDined on 8/8/2014I had a 6 pm reservation and requested a quiet table. After I was seated, another party with a baby who cried frequently was seated at the table right across from me. In addition, the service was inattentive. To make matters worse, I got white stains on my pants from rubbing against the table in the cramped seating arrangement. The food however was superb.Special Features:
- Romantic evening out.NightOutDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time for my birthday. It was extremely romantic with the low lighting. We arrived for dinner just after 5pm which was perfect on a Friday evening because as we were leaving the restaurant was becoming more crowded. The food was excellent, and the service was second to none.Special Features: