1063 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.filomena.com/
- Phone: (202) 338-8800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily M-Sat: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner M-Su: 3:30pm - 11:00pm
Lunch Buffet: Sat 11:30-3:00
Brunch Buffet: Sunday's: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner Menu All Day: Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Christmas Eve
Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Years Day (except if falls on Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniele Catalani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Filomena introducing our Corporate/Home Catering Division!
If you have a home or office party, let us do all the work. Choose between picking up your order or having us delivery (min order and delivery charges apply)
Also we can cater your next event complete with our own staff.
Contact Anton at 202-338-8800 or email@example.com
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: Every ten minutes, from 7 a.m. to midnight, ride the Georgetown Metro Connection. Ridership is open to everyone! Picking up from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle metro stations every ten minutes makes getting to Georgetown quick and easy.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Most convenient parking is located directly across the street at Georgetown Park Mall. There are also several parking garages throughout Georgetown.
A word from Filomena Ristorante
Celebrating 30 Years as one of Washington's most Landmark restaurants in the heart of Georgetown overlooking the historic C&O Canal. Voted Washington's Best Italian Restaurant by AOL Digital City past several years. Featured on The Travel Channel and Food Network. Lunch or dinner, our old-world cooking styles and recipes brought to America by the early Italian immigrants, carefully passed down from one generation to the next, alongside the culinary cutting edge creations of Italy's foods of today.Continued
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Filomena is perfect for the business luncheon or the elegant candle light dinner. Try our spectacular lunch buffet on Friday's and Saturdays or our Sunday Brunch Buffet.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Filomena Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Filomena Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
659 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (428)fit for foodies (333)romantic (300)neighborhood gem (290)good for groups (249)notable wine list (179)hot spot (118)great for lunch (62)kid-friendly (56)great for brunch (39)late-night find (34)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Filomena's is the best Italian Resturant ever!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Filomena's was more than we expected and is now our families favorite restaurfant. I grew up in NJ eating homemade Italian and going to NYC to the best Italian restaurants. Will tell you that Filomena's tops them all. When you get there you will see a lady in the window making the homemade Ravioli's. They were to die for. The menu is extensive and offers variety and flavors (traditional Italian, Seafood, Poultry, Beef, Veal, etc). My kids loved it, because they paired favorites into one dish. For example, my daughter got ravioli's with meatballs (never together at other restaurants), I got scallops and shrimp with ravioli's in lobster sauce. So awesome!!!!! Service was so fast, we couldn't even beleive it, and the place was packed. We were looking at each other, like no way did they deliver the food that fast. The desserts were delicious, and the best Cheesecake we every had. They provide after dinner cocktails on the house. Unbelievable!!!!!!!! The place was decorated to the max degree with gorgegous Christmas decorations. Our experience was impeccable. We loved everything about Filomena's. The restaurant rocks, nothing like it, the best. Definitely recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- salad bar with lunchMikeVIPDined on 11/24/2014While Filomena can be pricey for dinner, the lunch offerings are reasonable and most meals come with complimentary salad bar...which is a real plus. the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food & serviceMNvisitorsDined on 11/23/2014We loved our visit to Filomena with a family group, Best lasagna ever, and our other food was great too. Only possible exception was the pesto pasta, which was tasty but just a little too much sameness for a main dish. Lots of food - we took home carry-out. The service was exceptional and included an after-dinner offering of liqueurs on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DfromDelawareVIPDined on 11/23/2014food fabulous and so is service! Do not skip dessert it is truly a treat!Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014My boyfriend and I went here for a date night, and we LOVED it! The place was decorated for Christmas, and while some may find it over the top, I thought it was adorable. The service was amazingly quick for how crowded it was, and the food was fantastic. It is on the pricey side, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!sreamsDined on 11/22/2014What a treat! We had waited quite awhile to get a reservation that worked for us - which was a challenge. The food, the staff, the atmosphere was fantastic. It was decorated for Christmas when we were there - words can not explain how "over the top" the decorations were - it's something you just have to see!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seatingdi44Dined on 11/21/2014My only complaint was the wait to be seated at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Create a wonderful memory at FilomenaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014With so many wonderful restaurants to choose from, it can be difficult to pick just the right one. If you want to create a wonderful memory, this is the place! I've been here several times over the years, and I still remember the first time - and that was 15 years ago! Absolutely outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time of ManyTeamTudorDined on 11/18/2014I made our reservation based on the location of a friend's hotel, and I did not anything about it. We arrived on time and were immediately seated. The pre-dinner cocktails were well presented and strong. The time from ordering to receiving our meals seemed a bit long, but it was well worth it. This was the best meal I have eaten this year. I had the Linguini Cardinale, listed as one of President Clinton's favorites. It was lobster meat in a creamy cardinale lobster sauce over linguini pasta. At $35.00, it was pricey, but certainly worth every penny. As the prices are high, I can't eat here very often, but it is now on my list for special occasion dinners. FIVE STARS across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Italian FoodbiopageDined on 11/17/2014In my family we have some great Italian cooks who make their own pasta and sausages and I thought no one else could compete until I came to this place. Each time I visit Georgetown I make it a priority to stop at Filomena's for lunch or dinner. The servers are great, making everyone feel welcome and providing outstanding menu suggestions. In the past 8 years that I have been coming to this restaurant I never had a bad experience and everything I have ordered has been exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Georgetown must for Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014Great food and the service was top notch. If you want fresh pasta this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zgadDined on 11/16/2014soup was excellent main course was a large portion and good but not superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in DCthenextmasterchefVIPDined on 11/16/2014We always make it a point to visit Filomena when we are passing through DC. The service is a 10 - they give you great suggestions, love to talk to you, and are very upbeat. The menu is always fresh and the pastas are homemade - you can really tell (not out of the box). If you have room for dessert, the cakes are delicious. My girlfriend got the risotto with the lobster cream sauce. I got the same thing but with fettuccini. The waiter said that those two dishes are some of the best selling. Not terribly expensive either as compared to other DC restaurants. After the meal, the servers give you a free shot of Sambuca (make sure you place three coffee beans in it before for good luck!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunch!SinefulaDined on 11/16/2014We went to Filomena for brunch. The choice of food was excellent, and everything we tried tasted delicious. I especially liked the fish with its wonderful sauce. The fresh made mozarella was outstanding! I wish there was a better variety of olives (and not pitted!) in the Italian restaurant, but only one kind of them (ring chopped) was offered. The desserts were obviously nice too, although we didn't manage to taste anything (as we came late, many of them were already finished and not renewed any more, unfortunately, the empty dishes spoke for themselves). Our server was not too attentive, and despite the fact we asked for water without ice, he brought it iced, all the three glasses. But generally, it was a very good experience. We'll definitely return. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Brunch TreatLennyVIPDined on 11/16/2014We have gone to Filomena for brunch prior to this and said we would not go back. But we saw there were changes to the menu and decided to try it again. We're very glad we did. The food was much better than we remembered, and a delightful variety of Italian treats were offered. The pizza was a little too doughy but everything else was delicious. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat Your Fill At Filomena's BrunchJLSCTVIPDined on 11/16/2014The $25 Brunch here provides a bargain opportunity to enjoy a varied sampling of items from Filomena's kitchen. You'll find an average salad bar and the expected (but very well cooked and delightfully crispy) bacon or sausage plus standard omelet station; but also chicken cacciatore, (excellent) meatballs, meat lasagne or spinach & mushroom lasagne, plus a pasta station where you can add almost too many items to list: shrimp or chicken, spinach, julienned veggies, mushrooms, mozzarella, etc. with your choice of marinara, meat or Alfredo sauce; a (prettily presented and nicely cooked) carving board baked salmon, roast beef, roast pork. Side dishes include (delicious) roasted vegetables, (appetizing) tomatoes stuffed with mushrooms, spinach, and panko bread crumbs, rice pilaf, potatoes au gratin, potato croquettes. The dessert table provided ample options: carrot cake, (very good) chocolate layer cake, red velvet cake, (very dense and chocolatey) tiny brownie squares, Lilliputian Blondies, (refreshing) tiny strawberry panna cotta, pumpkin cheesecakes, or chocolate mouse bites - all inside the same pre-made miniature shells, rice pudding, fruit cobbler, cookies, fresh fruit, and a mountain of fresh whipped cream big enough to bathe a baby in. Noise levels can be a bit overwhelming sometimes - remember: there will be families here, too, with the sometimes discordant energy that comes along with children. The restaurant bustles during Sunday brunch & as a result you may lose sight of your server from time to time. No matter. Requests (water refills, delivery of our credit card payment) made to another member of the staff who was nearby was always graciously acceded to. For those who are not a fan of a busy brunch scene, I'd recommend a visit to Filomena at either lunch or dinner to savor some of the more expensive made-to-order pasta creations and entree offerings. You'll naturally pay more for ordering a la carte, but the results will guarantee your satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotMooseDined on 11/15/2014Had the warm feel of a Classic Italian restaurant. The food was fantastic, my favorite was the shrimp risotto with lobster sauce. Pasta is freshly made in the window as you are walking into the restaurant, what says homemade Italian more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food as Alwayscfd202Dined on 11/15/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Always get treated wonderfully by the whole staff and the food is amazing. I eat here at least once a year when I visit DC. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014I have been to your restaurant several times and is still as good as it was the first time. My waiter Bruno was very helpful explaining the menu. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014Great place and great food. We we bumped a lot by waiters due to lack of space. Other than that the place was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Italian FoodWitzyDined on 11/14/2014This is one of the best restaurants we have been to. Waiters are very hospitable and attentive. The food was absolutely amazing. Portion sizes are really big and the quality and flavor of the food is superlative. The cost is very reasonable for a Georgetown restaurant. A great experience. We will definately be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Filomena is an old school Italian experience. The food is well seasoned, hearty, and flavorful. The portions are huge. The meatballs, sausage, and braciole were all sublime. We enjoyed eggplant Parmesan, which was not overly breaded and melted in our mouths. The dessert selection was comprehensive and servings were abundant. The complimentary Sambuca or Amaretto at the end of the meal was a nice touch. The only drawback of our experience was the noise because the place was crowded and tables are close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014My first time here and I will be back. The food was great and the service size was plenty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than ItalyTNredheadDined on 11/12/2014food is unbelievably good! I recently returned from Italy where I had some really good Italian food. Filomena was better than any of mY "true" Italian meals! So much so, I ate there 2 of the 3 nights I was in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be preparedLifelonglocalVIPDined on 11/10/2014Filomena's is a lovely place, but not fit for every occasion. The greeting was a bit brusk. The decor is tasteful but by no means quiet. The tables are packed closely together. The servers were very attentive although not particularly friendly. It is a hustling bustling kind of place minus bright lights. It is not a romantic place. The food was great and the portions are bordering on being too large althought the prices seemed more than reasonable. If you have a group of 6 or more, is is a great choice. For a date, maybe not. It's a great experience, but not for every occasion!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2014The food was really good except my husband got some hard glass like stuff in his ravioli. We sent the dish back and did not request another meal as we had plenty of food. The server did not take it off the bill until we reminded him. Also we had to ask 3 or 4 times to have our leftovers packaged up. Good food here but service is poor. I guess they think they don't have to deliver good service because it is very busy, but we will not be returning anytime soon.Special Features:
- Like my Grandma was in the kitchenBdimoVIPDined on 11/10/2014the heading says it all! AWESOME food! Truly authentic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian FoodieApagoniDined on 11/9/2014I always enjoy coming to Filomena's! The food is always great, service is good, too! If you're Italian, def recommend this place!Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!SallyDined on 11/9/2014I had long wanted to go to Filomena's, and I am sorry that I waited so long! The food was DELICIOUS. The portions are HUGE, so we got two more good meals off the leftovers. It was a bit noisy, so not a romantic hot spot and I wouldn't go with a group, because I couldn't hear anyone. But I was so happy with my delicious plate of pasta, I didn't want to talk to anyone anyway.Special Features:
- Too much waitingMarestauDined on 11/9/2014Eventhough I had reservation with opentable I had to wait 30 minutes to get a table. The food is good and the portions are very well served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and vibrantTImboDined on 11/9/2014My first visit and it was great fun. Perfect service, food was great but lots of it and we could not finish it. Would love to return. The after dinner drink was a very nice touch. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experienceamateurfoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2014Our 2nd time there, both great experiences. The tortelloni de michele is extremely good though they drown it in a little too much sauce so I found it out better to pick them out and eat separately. The bread and desserts are excellent too and they're very hospitable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Washington LandmarkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2014Excellent food, decor, and service. All you'd want in fine Italian dining. Reservations are a must tho as the place is packed every night.Special Features:
- Great little findLkfoodieDined on 11/9/2014Tucked away downstairs, but it still had lots of natural light. We had the Sunday brunch. There many different choices. A lot of the usual like the omellet bar, but they also had a pasta bar. The salmon was outstanding. It was all reasonably priced. I would definitely like to go back now for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always!FoodiefromkyDined on 11/8/2014Highly recommend the antipasto starter - we love Filomena and will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DC classicOutandaboutVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is my favorite DC area restaurant. They never disappoint and are always on my must do list when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great ExperienceEnjoyLexFoodDined on 11/8/2014A party of six, we dined at Filomena Ristorante on a Saturday evening. The dining room was buzzing as usual and we were seated promptly at a very spacious table. We were greeted by our waiter and ordered water, wine and appetizers. We were able to enjoy these without being rushed and then ordered our entrees from a list of Filomena specialties. The food was exceptional and the service impeccable. We capped off our meal with coffee, homemade desserts and the unique Filomenia experience of complementary Ameretto and Sambucca carafes at our table. We enjoy Filomena Ristorante periodically and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a Kind!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014Not even on Federal Hill in Providence can you find an Italian Restaurant quite like this! Go hungry and consider even splitting your entrée, as they give you mountains of food. The food is excellent, as is the service, and it is crowded and noisy, but you must visit Filomena for the homemade pasta and the scrumptious desserts. You won't regret it!Special Features:
- TeachVIPDined on 11/8/2014The portions were actually too large-such a waste of good food. I had ravioli with meatballs. I could not eat the ravioli too much cheese-almost an inch thick. Great flavor but too much. Great waiter!
- Pre theaterLilyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Had dinner here before a show at the Kennedy Center. Delicious as always, huge plates! Great cheesecakes for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.