2211 N Clybourn Ave
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.filippos-chicago.com/
- Phone: 7735282211
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Filippo Del Prete
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout
- Catering: We have a full catering menu! Call Sue for info about our Catering Services. Reserve a date today!
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining for parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Annette Del Prete 7735282211
A word from Filippo's Restaurant
Filippo's, located in Chicago's Lincoln Park / De Paul neighborhood, has been a favorite culinary destination since 1993, offering classic and nouvelle Italian cuisine. Filippo's has won many awards including Zagat's Best Neighborhood Restaurant Award and a four-star rating from Metromix diners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Filippo's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Park ›
Filippo's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)romantic (11)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014We went for a special occasion as a party of 5. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was very good. Also found a nice wine for the table. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Consistent Italian foodJLBcottageVIPDined on 9/5/2014Always great food and service. A neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday at FilippoJoelfromToledoDined on 8/23/2014We were first at Filippo the night our granddaughter was born and returned with her, her parents, and other family for her 1st birthday Saturday night. The food and service were excellent, and everyone had a great time. I was pleased they would allow outside wine and had called in advance to make sure it was OK. Theyinformed me upfront that there was a $25 corkage fee. While I went in knowingly, in hindsight it does seem a bit excessive. It would not stop me from going back, but $50 for corkage of two bottles on top of a dinner tab for 8 is a bit extreme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where have I been?...TeresaDined on 8/22/2014I can't believe I never ate here!!! Food is ABSOLUTELY THE BEST ITALIAN EVER!!!!!!!! Maybe I shouldn't say too much because then it'll be too hard to get in the place! Victor, our GREAT server, said this restaurant has been here for 21+ years... Same owner. The BEST!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodWoodyDined on 8/15/2014Everything about this place was good. The food, location and the ambience. It's close to the movies and parking is no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesoeme Italian RestaurantTammyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Filippos is a must go to place. The food is terrific. Serves is amazing. We go there all the time and every time, it is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner at FilipposAnnlp1202Dined on 7/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed! Service was warm, appropriately attentive and helpful. Salad fresh and flavorable. We shared 2 pasta dishes---sauces were tomato based--very flavorable--fresh ingredients. Pork tenderloin special was best I have ever had. Gelato and creme brûlée were delightful finishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- algonquinDined on 7/19/2014The food is absolutely outstanding as is the service. The ambience is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always leave happyMsprairieVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food is always wonderful. I love the their pasta dishes. The sauces are superb. I especially love the tomato sauce with sausage and portabello mushrooms Great salads. Casual roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/12/2014The main courses were extremely salty. The seafood appetizer was amazing.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014We went to Filippos for our weekly date night! Our meal was delicious I had the Chicken Stuffed prosciutto with spinach & blue cheese with roasted potatoes in lemon sauce. My boyfriend had breaded breast of chicken sautéed in garlic white wine topped with prosciutto & mozzarella. I will be back great menu & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphere good and food!JtagDined on 6/21/2014Charming and romantic with an interesting and tantalizing menu! Nicely executed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid choice post moviessbhd50VIPDined on 6/14/2014went to fillippos for a post movie dinner. very convenient to the Webster movie complex. Great service and good food. Limited but good selection of wines BTG. Our only complaint was a $9 charge for a thimble of lemoncello at the end of the meal. we would definitely return minus the aperitif!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 75 reviews are from the Filippo's Restaurant reviews archive.
- solid and steadydonjoVIPDined on 5/17/2014Always a pleasant meal at Filipo's but never anything special. Good food, very good service even with the room at full capacity and people standing around waiting for a table. You will go away filled and pleased, no more no less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingEcsqrdDined on 5/16/2014I don't review restaurants unless the food is exceptional, this place is beyond that. Everyone, from a family if picky eaters was more than pleased. Italian, amazing. Seafood amazing. I'm from NY and believe this place is better than many 1 Michelin starreds and as good as many 2 and even 3 starreds. Amazing all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerdkgradDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed the Ravioli Annarella and Lasagna Sandro. Food was excellent for an early Mother's Day dinner.Special Features:
- Local findfoodieVIPDined on 5/9/2014Everyone loved their meal. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014I really enjoyed the artichoke and greens salad. Looking forward to trying some of the pasta dishes. My dad loved his breaded veal chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great italian restaurantTammyVIPDined on 5/1/2014This is a must. The food is always good and the staff is really good and friiendly. We have been going here for years and it is wonderful ever time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014fOOD IS EXCELLENT. However, the lights are so dim that I haD TO USE MY FLASHLIGHT ON PHONE TO READ THE MENU. iT IS SO DARK THERE THAT YOU CANNOT SEE YOUR FOOD.Special Features:
- Love Filipo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Filipo's is just fabulous food in a great Chicago neighborhood. The recipes are straight from Italy and you can tell in the taste of the food. Filipo himself is a great host and may even share some limoncello with his guests. Just love the restaurant and will be back....several timesSpecial Features:
- Food to dream about...ShrimpyDined on 3/29/2014It is rare that a meal is so good I close my eyes to focus and savor the delicious flavors. The bread, grilled seafood appetizer and asparagus rolled in eggplant and wrapped in proscuitto were devine. My friends ordered the Ravioli Annarella and declared it wonderful. The Fettuccine Sozze was so full of flavor that it truly is one of the best pasta dishes I have ever tasted. The service was perfectly timed and I can't wait to return. This is a new family favorite for sure!Special Features:
- Great PlaceTammyVIPDined on 3/27/2014We have been going to Filippos for a long time and it is always great. The wait staff and food are wonderful every time we go. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedTPMcGoeyDined on 3/22/2014I live in the neighborhood and am a little ashamed this was my first visit to Filippo's. The room has a positive vibe, unpretentious and with a "we are what we are and we like it" aura. The menu has plenty of options and everything we had was good to great. Our server was terrific and very helpful. He was able to get a few things tweaked for my wife to get exactly what she wanted and she raved about it. He picked out a nice wine for me to pair with the special I got. All good. We had a great time and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and lovelyJtagDined on 3/16/2014Menu was so good it was hard to choose ! My friend Had the lobster ravioli with yummy sauce And I had the black fettuccini with mussels And squid with great sauce ! Beet salad was Terrific and the tiramisu and lava cake memorable - lovely atmosphere and cheerful and helpful service- Will be backSpecial Features:
- Great Food and Sevice !opentablereviwerDined on 3/5/2014The waiter was very attentive and explained the specials of the day in detail. The food was delish and the service was excellent. Will definitely be returning in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian HeavenYCPittsVIPDined on 3/2/2014The food was extraordinary at Filippo's. After the first bite, I felt as if I died and went to Italian heaven. The service was great and we were greeted warmly as we entered. I will definitely make a return trip.Special Features:
- My group of 5 arrived on timeDisappointedVIPDined on 2/21/2014My group of 5 arrived on time and were greeted with confusion it was as if the restaurant did not have our reservation. We were not seated for 30 minutes and instead of apologizing to us the staff apologized to the people who had to vacate the table in order for us to be able to sit down. The whole meal we felt rushed as if they wanted us to eat and leave.
- Food was very good and ourChicago84Dined on 2/18/2014Food was very good and our service was also good. Gluten free pasta was cooked very well. Ambience was a bit lacking and decor needs modernization.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014excellent food, perfect lighting/noise level, good location, great service. A+!Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Nice, fairly-priced, Italian place. Great food and nice wine list. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Roast chicken not cooked enoughGGRMDined on 2/1/2014Roast chicken not cooked enough and tasteless, wing overlooked under broiler. Salad drowned in dressing. Roast potatoes soggy
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/23/2014Filippo's has some of the best Italian food in town at a very modest price. The service is fantastic in a quaint, relaxed setting. The wine list is a bit short, but they make up for it with everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filippo'sTeddyVIPDined on 1/18/2014My wife had the special stuffed pork and I had the rigatoni with Italian sausage and red sauce. She loved her dish, but I thought mine was better. Great martini's from the bar. The waiter was knowledgeable and nice. We told him we had an hour so we could go to a movie. He had us out the door right on schedule. The movie, Wolf of Wall Street, was great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousSteakOnAPlateDined on 1/6/2014Took my wife here on her birthday as it had been on our neighborhood short-list and it was one of the few remaining open places on the coldest night in the history of time. Our server knew the menu in and out inclusive of evening specials and made honest recommendations for cocktails, appetizers, entrees, and wine, each of which we thoroughly enjoyed. She topped everything off with a house drink at the end to help "stay warm". Ask for the seafood soup special which was served the week of Jan 6!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodCeceDined on 12/31/2013still, after all these years & after not having been a patron for 15 yrs. --- amazing food! nice, friendly, warm wait staff. on my list for "2014 return visits"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This little place was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2013This little place was really cute & the food was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Every dish was absolutelyjrodDined on 12/5/2013Every dish was absolutely delicious. We're hoping the chef adds the day's grilled calamari special dish to the regular menu. We're definitely returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italiantgirl9Dined on 11/29/2013This restaurant was absolutely delicious- the lasagna was to die for, I was so happy to have leftovers so I could taste it again the nextday! Their service was wonderful and the ambiance was very cozy. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I had our firstKris10MDined on 11/24/2013My husband and I had our first date at Filippo's and dinner the night we got engaged. Even though we go there every few months, they always remember us. It is one of those places that you walk in and it feels like home. The food is always good and the pasta comes out piping hot to your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.