Filini Restaurant and Bar-Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
221 N Columbus Drive
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Filini Restaurant and Bar-Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.filinichicago.com/
- Phone: 3124770234
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am,
Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Weekly: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Filini Restaurant and Bar-Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Authentic, exciting and innovative, Filini is a contemporary Italian restaurant and bar that focuses on the finest fresh ingredients and flavors. The cuisine is uncomplicated but exquisitely prepared and presented to enhance the excellence of the produce. Unpretentious and stylish, the mood of the restaurant is friendly and subtle with memorable Mediterranean overtones. An upscale, contemporary and culinary experience, Filini aims to be one of the hottest spots in Chicago.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Filini Restaurant and Bar-Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)good for groups (18)special occasion (18)romantic (16)notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/14/2014Service good, but the place is way toooooo noisy!!! The architecture is lovely but all the glass, metal, ceramic and tile surfaces bounce off all noise and it is almost overwhelming to be able to conduct a conversation or "relax". Need introduction of some noise-abatement surfaces!Special Features:
- mehlight33VIPDined on 9/28/2014I did my research in selecting a Chicago Brunch close to the river so we could eat before we took the architectural cruise on the river. I read a lot of reviews about this restaurant on a number of web sites, the reviews were all EXTRAORDINARY - so maybe - my expectations were too high. Service was lack luster with "an attitude" (they looked disappointed to see us come in and the place was empty). Normally in that scenario - empty restaurant - the help is creating oragami with the napkins for you as they hover near by for any and all requests you may have.....so it was a little unsettling to get such bad service in an empty restaurant. Maybe they were watching NFL on the TV - it was Sunday after all
- luv2dineVIPDined on 9/23/2014Pasta was too rich with cream and had no flavor (gnocchi and carbonara)
- great findhs0331Dined on 9/19/2014I went there recently and had an amazing meal. We got the gnocchi and filet and both were delicious. The filet was surprisingly very good for it being an Italian restaurant and not a steak restaurant. I highly recommend filini. The staff was also very pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!KalyjajaVIPDined on 9/13/2014The Radisson Aqua Blue is a hip place, and this restaurant is no exception. Blue neon lights becon as you ascend the staircase. The atmosphere is contemporary cool - we sat near the windows, (which didn't offer much in the way of a view- next time we'll request to sit elsewhere.) But that didn't affect our fantastic meal - starting with shavings of cheese from an 80-lb aged wheel, served with warm, crusty bread. The menu was varied and there were endless selections in each category - each one more enticing than the next. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable, the wine selection was perfect, and the food exquisite! Starting with a grilled seafood salad and ending up with the most delicious tiramisu - we can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant and bar both goodreachbgkVIPDined on 9/12/2014We usually eat at the bar downstairs but tried the restaurant this time. The menus are different but the good news is that you can order from the bar menu. Just have to ask for it. Good food. My fav is the Rustico flatbread which I can eat and eat and eat for ever.
- Overall excellentDisappointingVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great location, with a nice 'pronto' option for lunch. Soup or salad, choice of three entrees, and dessert - all served together. Soup and salad were both excellent, arctic char and pasta entrees both very good. A nice dessert and we were on our way in a little less than an hour. I'd recommend giving them a try if you have never been there.Special Features:
- GO to Filini!FredDined on 9/6/2014Located in the Radisson, this restaurant is a real gem! Nice modern look, very good wait staff and outstanding and innovative food. Will return when I return to Chicago!Special Features:
- Great FindJudeDined on 8/26/2014Excellent dinner! Great Wine! Fantastic Waiter - Daniele! A very happy birthday celebration with all the essentials - good friends, food, wine and service. Our waiter, Daniele, provided excellent service and was very knowledgeable about the menu and wines. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience Overpriced FoodGabriel7Dined on 8/25/2014This is a great location for lunch, dinner, or to go grab a drink after work with your co-workers or friends. The bar looks great, it catches the eye quickly - definitely a hot spot. However, the food is overpriced. My boss ordered the Gamberoni & Calamari salad and only two shrimp were provided for $18.00! The Chicken Cesare salad was $16.00 w/ only a few pieces of chicken with a mountain of greens. And at my first visit with a friend, the service was good, but the second visit with my boss, our waiter disappeared and never came back - so bad service. I will most likely not go back for lunch or dinner, but I'll make it a point to hit the bar for a couple of drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasnt impressedfoodieMIVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was mediocre. Service was polite but very slow. Would not returnSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014Great local find. Great food, service, and space. The staff even signed a card for my birthday - funniest thing of the evening! Will definitely be going back for both pleasure and work. Hat's off!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filini RestauranthotmommaDined on 8/14/2014Hip scene at Filini, yet welcoming and friendly when we arrived. A bit loud due to all the hard surfaces, so had to strain to hear both our waiter Thomas and our table mates. That's my only complaint - the food was delicious, the service was attentive, and the wine was husband selected paired well with our meal. Will definitely be back to Filini on my next visit to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowest lunch service everBusinesslunchreviewsDined on 8/14/2014My lunch was a business lunch - I was meeting a client I had never met before and we were on a tight time frame. Being that we were basically strangers in a business lunch meeting, neither of us wanted to leave our table to get service. Once the waiter came over (20 plus minutes after we were seated) his first question was if we needed more time to look at the menu. Really.
- Lost potentialAleksandraVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great ambiance/decor, just okay food (long wait), mediocre service, confusing parking situation= hotel restaurant. An expensive bust.Special Features:
- easy to get inmagellanrealtyDined on 7/31/2014I was pleasantly surprised I did not have to wait to get into Filini. I guess the word still isn't out that they have amazing food and great atmosphere. This place is a hidden gem and its just steps from Millennium Park!Special Features:
- Wonderful!irishmom109Dined on 7/26/2014The two of each had an amazing appetizer, shared a pasta, and each had dessert. NO alcohol. The service wasfriendly, helpful, and did not interrupt. The restaurant had music that wad pleasant but not overbearing. Easy to talk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/21/2014Very good food. Not many diners. Perhaps because of the location.
- Not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014I found this restaurant to be generally overpriced for the quality of the food. My appetizer was charred and the waiter was less than attentive - particularly considering we were the only customers there. Wish I'd gone to Eataly instead.Special Features:
- MehChinchoVIPDined on 7/4/2014Food was nothing to write home about. Service was very slow. Pricey for what you get in return.
- Deserves to be better knownLunchgoerVIPDined on 7/1/2014I have been to Filini many times: the service is fine; the food is nicely prepared standard Italian fare; and the wine list very affordable. What's more, the noise level always allows people to talk. This place deserves much bigger crowds.
- The food was very blandhughesieDined on 6/28/2014The main course food was average at best, no style, taste or delivery...pasta seemed well, just ordinary. Bar was ok although the place had a beer and pizza feel so that would be my recommendation...the lady server tried hard, but could never cover the short comings Not the best experience in Chicago and a pity because with some innovative menu items it could be much better
- Good FoodlinaRDined on 6/28/2014We enjoyed the food and the service was good. The atmosphere is great. It was easy to find and has valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 281 reviews are from the Filini Restaurant and Bar-Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel reviews archive.
- CannondalePRDined on 6/14/2014Very attentive service. Varied menu, something for carnivores and other. Nice ambiance. A solid restaurant that everyone was satisfied with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LJMMVIPDined on 6/5/2014The service can be a little disorganized. As an example, I was asked twice if I wanted anchovies on the caesar salad and confirmed that I did. The salad arrived without them.
- It was goodAnnyDined on 5/29/2014It is a nice place, but we were looking for wonderful, the food was good but not super, the service was very nice.Special Features:
- Great experienceRightOnDined on 5/24/2014It is a beautiful, chic space. The wait person was outstanding: attentive but discreet. Gave good recommendations, even for items off the menu.Special Features:
- good italianRichardHungaryDined on 5/18/2014It's good italian restaurant like in a european one, but the prices are higher than the cuisine quality.Special Features:
- FiliniKnoxDined on 5/16/2014Located in the Aqua and the Radison Blue hotel, the dining room is pretty standard, and reasonably spacious, but the food we had was excellent. Many times, we find that the main courses are let downs from the appetizers, but not here. The wine list is modest, but quite acceptable. Our impression is that this restaurant is up and coming. This was our first dinner in the restaurant which we wanted to try; we had been several times previously for breakfast, , where they have an outstanding continental breakfast.Special Features:
- mothers day brunchkak83Dined on 5/11/2014went to Filini restaurant for mothers day brunch and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting an overcrowded dining area and buffet, but we had a large booth for four people and were easily able to get to the buffet. The service was excellent, there was always plenty of food at the buffet. The quality of the food was excellent. Our entire party was happily full after our experience. Definitely would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on Mothers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Food was very good. Prime rib station, risotto bar, omelet station. There was a nice selection of salads, breads and cold shrimp and salmon. The only thing was that the service was little slow. I am sure it was due to the holiday. I have had dinner here and always had good service. Loved the bottomless mimosas and Bloody Mary bar.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usual...doriVIPDined on 5/3/2014Everytime I dine here, the food and service are fantastic!Special Features:
- FishVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great food and excellent service! Nice atmosphere and vibrant bar scene. Wine list was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably goodjimmdDined on 4/26/2014Service was very good at this restaurant located in the Radisson hotel but we were quite concerned as we were seated as we were one of the only diners in the establishment on a chilly Saturday evening. The decor was very contemporary. The swordfish I ordered was prepared and presented nicely but my companion's stuffed eggplant was rather bland.
- Quiet and modern, nice Italian wineLunchgoerVIPDined on 4/25/2014There's a nice wine list, almost entirely Italian, and not expensive. The food is generally solid -- my pasta this one time was rather crazily under flavored, but that was an anomaly in my experience. And the noise level is nice for conversation, and there's always a lot of staff for the amount of traffic.
- Good food but too much volumeJuaneDined on 4/25/2014Delicious food especially the beef, very juicy and tender even after taking it to home and enjoy it at the next day, due to too much volume to a oriental guest.
- where are the people?lovelocalplacesDined on 4/25/2014The restaurant is upstairs from the bar and both are very pretty. The staff was attentive and accommodating but not over bearing. The menu selection was great and the food was delicious. I can't figure out why it was basically empty on a Friday night. Maybe that is a good thing for this diner who lives in the neighborhood!!Special Features:
- Fabulous!TheKiKiDined on 4/25/2014We all agreed it was one of the best dining experiences we've ever had! The food was delish, great wine list, outstanding service (Thanks Megan!) and the ambiance is cool/sophisticated/sleek/sexy very chic yet incredibly warm and cozy. We're making plans to go back soon!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchjackytDined on 4/20/2014We went for Easter brunch and it was fabulous! The food was great, many Mimosas and really attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dining experience!JaneVIPDined on 4/12/2014A lovely dining experience! Seated in a booth with a great street view, the wait staff provided impeccable service. The Lemon Drop martinis were prepared to perfection. We ordered something from every section of the menu. In many cases I needed some interpretation of what the items were, but the waiter did a great job helping us decide. We shared everything – Burrata, Papardelle, Braciola, Verdure, and All 3 Gelati. My favorite was the Papardelle – spinach pasta with asparagus. My least favorite: the Verdure – a mixed vegetable dish of various squash. There was nothing special about its preparation or presentation. Filini definitely makes it on my list of restaurants that warrant a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.