47474 Washington Street
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eatfigue.com/
- Phone: 7606989040x
- Hours of Operation:
Figue will be closed so we can enjoy an extended summer holiday. See you on September 23rd!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: François de Mélogue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let Figue Mediterranean bring the party to you with offsite catering. Hosting a social or business occasion, from a cocktail party to an elaborate dinner? We will design a memorable menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are hosting a small social gathering, large business function, or the wedding of your dreams, our event team is dedicated to providing a uniquely memorable experience. Figue’s knowledgeable Group Sales Managers and Wedding Coordinators are available to assist you with every detail.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 7603427999x
- Entertainment: Thursday through Saturday we have a guitarist.
- Special Events: Figue Mediterranean offers special dining events for most major holidays. Check back frequently for the next special event!
A word from Figue Mediterranean
Figue (French for fig and rhymes with “intrigue”) offers an unparalleled dining experience by delivering innovative chef- driven dishes, using only the highest quality, organic, seasonal, all-natural and healthy ingredients, in an environment that is both comfortable and visually stimulating, with crisp service that is warm, engaging and knowledgeable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Figue Mediterranean reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)special occasion (10)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent, too bad they closedMb1964Dined on 7/5/2014We have enjoyed Figue for over a year now and were sad to hear that they've closed. Service was excellent, as was the food. Apparently the air conditioning was not working but that was the only problem. It was fairly busy. I hope they reopen somewhere else, especially closer to Palm Springs, soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolynletsdineDined on 7/5/2014We were pleasantly surprised. We had heard much about Figue but were doubtful because of the previous estabishment occuping the place. But what a woonderful place to dine and experience the cusine. Food preparation was methodically prepared and the presentation was one of delight. Although Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand was not an offering, their Napa Sauvingnon Blanc came very close. Every person who attend to us was pleasant and professional and treated us like we were their special guests. Fuge is diffently a dinier's dream....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HotmrmrVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had our first and maybe last experience at this lovely restaurant with a 6pm reservation for four. The place may be the most beautiful restaurant in the Coachella Valley we have been. The service was excellent, the drinks were fuller than most and the food quality and presentation was equal to the upscale pricing. But the air conditioning (with the outside temperature well over 100 degrees) was sorely inadequate or absent and all four of us were very uncomfortable. On inquiry, on the way out, I was told when it's that hot out the air conditioning can't keep up with the heat. If that was an accurate statement, they should either shut this otherwise great dining room down or fix it.Special Features:
- Our Desert FavoriteKathleenDined on 7/4/2014We always go to Figue ' when we are in town. Can always count on something new and delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre July 4th blow upIW92210Dined on 7/3/2014Very poorly managed restaurant. The A/C does not working properly, prices listed on the menu don't match the bill (higher) and the menus don't match the food that is served.
- Fine quality dinnerRAL3Dined on 6/27/2014The food was very good, but the menu is limited for people who do not eat meat. I had the piaia and the flavor was great except the protein was a little over cooked. Nice wine list and the service is friendly, attentive and always there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCKSTARVIPDined on 6/19/2014The odor of burnt oil coming from the kitchen distracted from taste of the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely favors!RestaurantSophisticate14Dined on 6/18/2014Fig Appetizer, salads, Entrees delicious. We felt like we were in Europe. Wonderful Mediterranean favors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Quinta MedHmmmmnVIPDined on 6/16/2014Restaurant is huge, which is a bit odd when really empty on a mid week June night. They offer a good value $38 3 course Prix fix, but otherwise it is a bit pricey. Food was under seasoned with salt and garlic, but otherwise very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMb1964Dined on 6/15/2014We had a great time celebrating Father's Day. We were disappointed that they were out of the pork wrapped figs though since we especially wanted that. The waiter was very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- UnusualOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Restaurant has a great view, but is very loud due to windows and surfaces. Food is a bit experimental and unusual, and on the sweet side. The pizza has honey on it.....the halibut tagine very good and flavorful. Cauliflower interesting....the caprese has small tomatoes which are delicious and unexpected, but I prefer either a tomato layer, or more of the tomatoesSpecial Features:
- figueFoodieHeavenDined on 6/12/2014We have been here several times and it is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Prefix Restaurant WeekRoneVIPDined on 6/7/2014We chose the prefix thinking it would represent their specialty or signature offerings. Actually some was mediocre at best and the balance was poor. We have never left so much food on our plates. The server showed very little concerned and we told him that we'd never return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014Our waitress was very attentive and the drinks and food delivered promptly. The menu has a good variety to choose from and our meal was delicious. The down side is the noise level which was extremely loud. So loud that you cannot carry on a decent conversation with your table friends. You must talk loudly as well which only adds to the noise. I doubt that I will go back there because of the noise even though the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy Room, No Food SubstitutionsMemberVIPDined on 6/6/2014We've been hearing so much about this place, could not wait to try it for Restaurant Week -- underwhelming is the best description. They were smoking meat on a Friday evening, so the entire restaurant was hot, humid and smokey. On paper, everything appears delicious and unusual....not so much in reality. We were told by our waiter that the chefs will not accommodate ANY SUBSTITUTIONS. Really? This seems like a very tough stance, especially with so many vegans, gluten-free, etc. dietary restrictions. The RW portions were small and the pork was entree was just a salad. Noisy spot which did not allow for a pleasant environment. Will not return.
- restaurantweekveteranDined on 6/6/2014First time there. Dined with friends. Beautiful restaurant. Great drinks. A full menu with many things to choose from. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MenueJerryDined on 6/4/2014Arrived for a 6:00pm seating but was told that ghnocci was not available (after ordering) even though it was featured on two menues. Everyones order came in a timely manner and Daniel, our waiter was awesome buy the food was uninspiring.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the Figue Mediterranean reviews archive.
- 5 Stars!DigLoungeDined on 6/1/2014If we lived in Palm Springs, we would be here all the time! Excellent service, innovative dishes, wonderful flavors, great ambiance. I don't know what else to say! Everyone was so nice, from being greeted by the entire kitchen staff, to everyone asking us how our dining experience was. We eat out a lot, and they are doing something very right here. It's rare that you get this level of service and good food.Special Features:
- Eclectic menuDianeDined on 6/1/2014The food and service were wonderful. We had the "restaurant week" menu and wine pairing which was a great introduction to their eclectic food choices. The gnocchi was very good with an unexpected sauce - not an Italian but rather an unusual Spanish one. The polpetti was an excellent first course. My only downer of the entire meal was the wine pairing for the dessert - way too sweet. We are excited to return and try some of their other interesting dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2014Mixed reviews on food. Some good but one guest's paella was overcooked. Really cool interior. Really liked ambience. Main course came out just as they were removing 1st course. I like to breathe between courses. Server not very attentive and almost acted shocked when paella was overcooked. Still paid full price for it!
- FIGUE Never Disappoints!cheeseorchocolateDined on 5/31/2014FIGUE MEDITERRANEAN is our flat out favorite restaurant in Palm Desert. We have just dined at four restaurants featuring special menus at slightly lower pricing called 'Restaurant Week'. We started with FIGUE and the food was just as delicious and incredible as it has always been with great menu selections that sounded as great as the regular menu. Fabulous! The other three are very high end named establishments offering the same lower priced menu. The only problem was, each one seemed as though they were offering a budget meal and it looked and certainly tasted that way. The only reason I bring it up is that FIGUE can only do things one way…the very best way they can…and this week it really shows. Congratulations to the team!Special Features:
- Local gemCAiRDined on 5/31/2014Ambience upscale/modern Food very good. Daniel/waiter very knowledgable and personable. Overall enjoyed experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots to recommend.ELB409Dined on 5/30/2014Very good creative dining. Presentation excellent. Wait staff very well-trained...but very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real treatloveeatingoutDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I ate at Figue last week and totally enjoyed our dining experiece. We ordered the fabulous fig appetizer and shared a three-course restaurant week entree. Our waiter, Hugh, was wonderful and suggested incredible items for us! We definitely will be back!!Special Features:
- donaldDined on 5/29/2014We will be back.The room is stunning. We had a quiet table in a corner, mid week. I would imagine that it would be a totally different at the height of the season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real joyfoodsnobDined on 5/29/2014The Michelin Guide rates on the basis of how far one would be willing to go out of his or her way. In the interest of full disclosure, I must confess that I live less than a half-mile form this place. But I would go far, far out of my way for it! It's setting is spectacular and the ambience enticing, but the creativity of the menu and the impeccable service are what make it so special. Last night I had a grilled halibut dish served in some sort of clay pot that seemed vaguely Middle Eastern. Whatever, it's origin, it was simply magnificent. We've gone here four or five times, and its has never disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/26/2014My wife and I love the food, service & ambiance. One of our favorite spots in La Quinta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the BestDesertFoodLoverDined on 5/20/2014Once again Lee Morcus and his crew provided one of the finest dining experiences. We highly recommend Figue for its extensive and delicious menu and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beats some 1000-point restaurantsConvenientAndGoodVIPDined on 5/11/2014I was more impressed on this 2nd time at Fique. Their version of bouillabaise (forgot name) has saffron (bold enough without overpowering the dish) with halibut, manila clams, shrimp all perfectly cooked! My friend's ahi tuna was the best we've had in a long while (we eat out a few times a week and love fish). Ingredients are farm-to-table fresh with environmental conscience. My only question is: why is Figue not on Opentable's 1000-point selection? They're certainly better than some of those on the list.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Mother's Day dinnerHopeDined on 5/11/2014We completely enjoy the entire experience the restaurant is unique and beautiful the staff friendly and knowledgeable . I thought it was kind of pricey for pasta, etc, but the food was extraordinary. The deserts were completely decadent and fabulous . Will return for a special occasion !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningmichylobDined on 5/10/2014A pre-Mother's Day celebration at Figue! And it did not disappoint. Despite the noise level, our table of 4 received outstanding service from server Andrew and the food was outstanding. My saffron scented halibut tagine was absolutely delicious. The chicken dish was somewhat bland and I highly suggest that the chicken tagine be placed back on the menu. The fig appetizer is an absolute must for those fig-lovers out there. Deserts are perfection and if you like Turkish coffee as much as I do, this is the perfectly complement to a memorable Mediterranean meal.Special Features:
- original and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014had a great experience at Figue. the baked figs appetizer was to die for! the entrees we had were very original (e.g. halibut Tagine), well prepared, largely portioned and very tasty. the service was great - the staff was very friendly and offered just the right amount of attention. It was great to see a new original restaurant in the desert!Special Features:
- A+ Service/B Foodlove2dineDined on 5/10/2014Great vibe with excellent service. The servers are friendly and helpful. Baked fig appetizer and carmelized bosc pear salad are outstanding. The Turkish coffee is flavorful and sweet. Great place for drinks (Blushing Kiss is my favorite) and appetizers; dinner - not so much. Nice selection of desserts; sticky coffee, apple galette and olive oil cake are wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodie Findfoodcritic18Dined on 5/6/2014Dinner menu had amazing combinations of food tastes that made you want seconds. Yes, even the special appetizer with figs was unique and tasty! Pasta was fresh and seafood cooked to perfection. Would definitely return for special occasions.Special Features:
- Excellent flavors and selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014How wonderful to experience a "new" menu and more selections every time I return to Figue. My guests and I enjoyed a variety of appetizers and salads and entrees, all well prepared and bursting with flavor. My wild halibut was cooked to perfection and I enjoyed tasting each flavor...a little bell pepper, a little mint, a little onion...nothing overpowered the fish. I also tasted some pasta dishes ordered by my friends and the standout was the gnocchi with Gorgonzola cream sauce. It was very rich but divine and I loved the hint of nutmeg and the melt-away gnocchi. Cocktails and wine list were off the charts! Superb!Special Features:
- One of best desert restaurantslarryVIPDined on 5/1/2014Figue is way up there at the very top of desert restaurants.....and could easily hold its own in LA, NYC, SF. A broad representation from all parts of the Mediterranean....from Spain to Italy to Greece to Lebanon, Figue presents a varied and exciting menu that the chef fully realizes with outstanding tasty food. Service is exceptional, the room is bright and alive. This is one terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentForsueVIPDined on 4/29/2014We've dined here several times and been very impressed with the innovative and delicious menu choices. While some places try so hard to "invent" new things, they often fail because the combinations just don't work. But at Figue, the very experienced restauranteur offerrs wonderful foods from around the world that are just right. African sauces on Middle Eastern cous cous, figs with Italian burrata, lamb kibe and chermoula, all combine beautifully. Our server, Noel, was attentive and friendly, and everyone was alert to our needs. This is a treasure of a restaurant in a comvenient location and we wish them well. Hope to dine here often.Special Features:
- Outstandingeby3VIPDined on 4/29/2014We truly enjoyed the evening...everything was so special. Thanks for being here!Special Features:
- Eclectic and Good!WinedudeVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have dined here several times and it has always been good. Our only minor issue this visit was that we were served coffee that wasn't really hot. This happens to lots of places...not sure we understand why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeRonaldDined on 4/26/2014Visited for the first time. We had a 7:30 reservation but we arrived early. They indicated they could take us right away but we opted to wait in the bar. We had an appetizer and drink and decided to eat in the bar where they offer a full menu. My wife loved her choices..the olive appetizer and the "Mad Spaniard", I had the Tuscanthememd pasta which was very good. We will go back. I will say the bar stools could be improved. They are a little uncomfortable.Special Features: