Figs at 29 Fair by Todd English
57 West Dedham Street
Nantucket, MA 02564Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
Figs at 29 Fair by Todd English
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesummerhouse.com/29/index.html
- Phone: 5082287800
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Figs at 29 Fair by Todd English
Charismatic celebrity chef and entrepreneur Todd English, whose food empire stretches from Boston and New York to Los Angeles is bringing a new vibrancy to the Nantucket restaurant scene for 2009 with his very popular Figs name. English’s accomplishments are so many that it sometimes seems there must be three or four Todd Englishs but the accolades are all for one ultra-talented and dynamic chef. Recently named to the James Beard Foundation’s Who’s Who of Food and Beverage in America, English has been the recipient of innumerable other awards. The bold and complex flavors of his justly famed rustic Mediterranean cuisine are on the menu. Located a short stroll from Main Street, Figs has three separate, romantic candlelit dining rooms, each with original brick fireplaces, exposed beams and antique sconces all located in a building that dates back to 1709.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Figs at 29 Fair by Todd English reviews from OpenTable diners
- 7 BirthdaysVABBVIPDined on 10/5/20137 Lifelong friends from high school gathered at Figs to celebrate seven b-days Saturday night. We had phenominal service, a wondeful wine selection (we chose several Montrachets & Caymus) & 7 outstanding meals. The Scallops were lovely, the Lobster spaghetti or frav diavolo, was spicey but wonderful, fillet was cooked to perfection. Potenially a loud & demanding group the staff placed us in a room almost to ourselves & tended to our every need. After a week on the island eating out almost every night it was a great dining experience & a great wrap up to our week. The atmosphere is cozy and decor rustic: overall great eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many Nantucket restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2013Many Nantucket restaurants have replaced their rustic, colonial atmospheres with a sleek, modern look and feel. Not here, though. The restaurant features dark wood and antique fixtures. We sat almost in the old hearth. The look is quaint and charming, the food, delicious. This is the place to go for romance -- no noisy bar to compete with your intimate conversation (Ask for the inside room, though, if you want the full experience.) The service was excellent, and the prices are reasonable by Nantucket standards. I checked "notable wine list," though I didn't actually look at it. With Tracy Root (formerly of Cioppino's) involved, though, it must be good. In season, it may be hard to reserve a good time (The restaurant is quite small.)Special Features:
- Candlelit GemHappyDinerDined on 9/27/2013The candlelit tables gave the dining rooms a cozy and romantic feel. We dined with another couple in a booth tucked in a corner which gave way for a feeling of intimacy. We started with two pizzas as appetizers and both were delicious. Everyone enjoyed their entrees which consisted of Halibut, Chicken Milanese and Meatballs. I would highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner for two or for a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service could be enhanced...laurenDined on 9/21/2013Cute restaurant with romantic flair. Food was okay; pricey and a limited menu. They only serve beer and wine as well. I went as a large group and it wasn't really comfortable for a party of 6. Service was alright. Waiter seemed bothered by us throughout the dinner even when one asked for ketchup to go with his fries. Waiter was annoyed and irritated for the request. I would keep it to a small, intimate dinner.Special Features:
- Exceptional ExperienceCTRaterDined on 9/14/2013Spent a week on Nantucket and ate dinner out six nights. This was by far the best food, atmosphere, and service of any restaurant we visited on the island, truly an exceptional experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere is quiet and lovely.BensonsDined on 9/1/2013Atmosphere is quiet and lovely. Rob was an outstanding server. Salmon in the nicoise entree was over cooked and a little dry but all appetizers and halibut entree were exquisite. Recommend the beet salad also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the wayPastaplusDined on 8/25/2013Quiet, out of the way find. The perfect spot for an intimate dinner. Food was great, I had a chicken dish that was delicious . I would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Consistently great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2013This place is a gem. Always great! Rob, the manager and head waiter, is one of the best waiters we have ever had. He makes the experience outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to Town ... A real GEM !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2013Great spot - Excellent menu - Family of 5 loved it ! The local fresh produce was fantastic... visit Bartlett to see it grow. Entree choices created tough choices - All great. Our kids can give noteworthy guidance to any foodie. They loved it. Great space - if you get some overly loud Giants fans at the next table just focus on the Sinatra tunes and relax One more thing ....DUCK !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service inSirdinealotVIPDined on 8/19/2013Great food and service in a charming atmosphere. Short ribs were amazing as were the pasta dishes!Special Features:
- AmazingCupcakeMama2Dined on 8/15/2013Figs was one of my favorite dinners in Nantucket. A nice change to all the seafood, my husband and I both ordered pasta and it was amazing! Perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned, we both stuffed ourselves til we couldn't move because we couldn't let even one bite go to waste! We also got beet salad which was way better than we had at another restaurant and the calamari was tender and had a delicious sauce on top. Oh and they kept brining us fresh warm focaccia that was to die for. For dessert, our waiter surprised us with white chocolate bread pudding which was beyond heavenly and big enough to share. I would definitely go back here the next time I'm on the island!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unaccommodating WaitressMintyJulepVIPDined on 8/3/2013The waitress rushed the 5 of us. When we asked for a bottle of white wine, she could not accommodate us and said they only served Italian wine. When we gave her several Italian wines, she said she did not have those. So, we asked for a wine list. Instead she poured our glasses with the house white, never brought us a bottle or refills. She rushed us through the rest of the meal! The food was fantastic as usual, and we had a laugh over the antics of this waitress. ( who, by the way, has served us before, and was just fine the first time!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint, pretty restaurant!purtennisVIPDined on 7/31/2013We selected this restaurant based on past experience with other Figs that we liked (Wellesley and Beacon Hill) as well as Olives in Charlestown. We had a very good dinner with very good service - but what I loved most was the building and rooms themselves - it's an old house on a quiet side street in town - several small but quaint rooms with only a few tables in each. Candles everywhere, low beamed ceilings, fireplaces, etc. Would definitively recommend and would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!CalKDined on 7/31/2013Food was delicious, and very much appreciated pizza and pasta options for our kids (ages 6 & 9). Adorable venue, great service, fantastic food. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous menu & wonderful ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2013So happy to find Figs! We always enjoyed Olives when we lived in Boston, and this gem of a restaraunt is a blend of both Figs and Olives. Menu is so wonderful that we all had a really tough time choosing what to order. Tasted everyone's dishes, and all four were superb. Service was professional, unobtrusive, but pleasant. Housed in an very old house set back from the hustle and bustle of Main Street. Charming, delicious, exceeded all of our expectations. We will be back to dine there next week!Special Features:
- It was only okay.DEBODined on 7/15/2013We had dinner there on July 16, 2016. My wife had the candied pecan crusted salmon and I had the chicken (leg and thigh). The salmon was over cooked and dry and the chicken was under cooked. The beet salad was very good. The service was very friendly attentive. The room was VERY warm (no AC?).
- VERY enjoyable/delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/1/2013VERY enjoyable/delicious dinner and excellent service by Rob--Thank you, Rob!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NantucketOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/1/2013I love the relaxed feel and charm of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. The food always delicious the service is always friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been coming to nantucket forNantucketDined on 5/26/2013Been coming to nantucket for years but somehow this place has alluded me! It was wonderful in a charming old old house with delicious food. Get the asparagus starters. We ended up having 2Special Features:
- Even though Tracy wasn't there,DinahVIPDined on 9/5/2012Even though Tracy wasn't there, we had good service and the food was, as always, delicious. Their asparagus frites and pasta bolognaise are must-haves!Special Features:
- Other than our appetizer,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/2/2012Other than our appetizer, the fod was very good and well-presented. Unfortunately, we ordered the lobster Mac and cheese to start. When it arrived, it was immediately apparent that the lobster was off-the restaurant is very small, so the smell wafted to everyone in the room. I can't believe the chef let it be prepared in the kitchen, much less be brought out to the dining room. They took it away upon my asking, and atoned by sending out another appetizer, but it was hard to lose the memory of the first dish.
- Don't give a fig about Todd englishLiseDined on 8/31/2012The reviews I read on yelp were not encouraging -at best lukewarm but we needed someplace to eat the first night we got to Nantucket. How bad could it be? Ha! We arrived at our 6:15 reservation time to a half empty restaurant - two reasonably well dressed adults. We each ordered a glass of wine, split a caprese salad and each ordered an entree. We were in and out of the restsurant in less than 35 minutes. What was the rush? Service was ridiculously fast for a $100 plus meal for two adults snd the food was very disappointing. Nantucket has some of the best tomatoes in August you could ever imagine. Grown on Bartlett farm, an island institution, they taste of sun and sadly air. So why did the caprese salad have hothouse toTomatoes?
- We had a wonderful experienceDinahVIPDined on 8/28/2012We had a wonderful experience at Figs at 29 Fair. They have the best pasta Bolognese I've had anywhere and the asparagus frites is to die for. All in all I love the food and the atmosphere and you can't get better service than Tracy provides!Special Features:
- Except for a sour or dumbNoneVIPDined on 8/26/2012Except for a sour or dumb hostess who claimed she did not know how to turn down the air conditioning when the thermostat was right in front of her and who then refused to try, claiming the system was underground and unchangeable, our experience at Figs was better than expected. The food was quite good and the service was professional. We enjoyed our pizzas, though they could have used a bit more cheese. Salads were fresh and good and the bolognese was delicious with perfect pasta. As well,the salmon was delicious. The thermostat we managed ourselves, by the way, and THAT made the meal far more enjoyable. The place was totally empty, however, so had we not been with children, it may have been a bit of a downer.For us, it was just fine.
- An enjoyable dining experiience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2012An enjoyable dining experiience. Great food and a charming ambiance in a very old setting.Special Features:
- best of nantucketOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012we had the best meal we have had in years on nantucket (and that includes our guest who lives here). the room is quaint but the service is modern and the waiter, unlike those at most places on the island, understood the menu and the ingredients. every item was well prepared. the highlights were probably the shortribs or the scallops. the desserts were a bit unimaginitive but the tiramisu was excellent.Special Features: