1601 East 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.charlottefigtree.com/
- Phone: 7043323322
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Greg Zanitsch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 40 people in an individual room or we can make the full house available for parties up to 75 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sara Scheidler 7043323322
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinners.
A word from Fig Tree
Just minutes from Uptown Charlotte in the Historic Elizabeth neighborhood, The Fig Tree Restaurant is located in a beautifully restored 1913 Bungalow. Offering Seasonal Cuisine with influences from Italy and France, an award winning and affordable wine list and outstanding service. Whether you are looking for a romantic fireside dinner, a fun evening of dining al fresco or a private room for your group, The Fig Tree has it all. We look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fig Tree - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Fig Tree reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)romantic (162)notable wine list (135)fit for foodies (126)neighborhood gem (103)great for outdoor dining (75)good for groups (15)hot spot (8)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Delicious & Wonderful!smaroulisVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our table shared a wonderful cheeseplatter that featured honeycomb, fresh currants, house made crackers and a wonderful array of cheeses. The Trout was perfect- the vegetarian entree of pappardelle was awesome, and as always- the home baked ciabatta & filet Mignon were fantastic! And everyone remembered to wish my husband a happy birthday! Very sweet. Thank you all!Special Features:
- Food and service were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed the food and the service. Would definitely return. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Fig Never Disappoints!!!!CLTUptownerDined on 8/30/2014It had been about a year since our last outing to Fig. We got there a little before our reservation and sat at the bar. They have a wonderful selection of wine by the glass!!! Once seated, Ryan, our server came by to take drink orders and review the specials. Very knowledgeable and attentive but not overbearing. My husband had the carrot ginger soup which was amazing and the Grouper with Lobster. Both plates returned to the kitchen looking as if they were clean! I had the Striped Bass special which was served over Mushroom Risotto. It was perfect. We looked at the desert menu and had to order the Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting. It was a perfect combination of layer cake and frosting. Another perfect visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a Little WorkOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014After researching many of the top restaurants for a quick visit to Charlotte, I chose Fig Tree based on primarily good reviews and an appealing menu. It wasn't awful, but less than I would have liked for a $160 pre-tip bill (no bottle of wine). The room we sat in was sadly in need of repairs and held only 4 tables, making it difficult to ignore the conversations around us. The food was, well, uneven. Elk was gamey and overcooked with a flavorless spaetzle. The crab pagoda tower was cold and soggy. My veal chop was very good and the gorgonzola sauce on the escargot delicious, although the escargot were tough. Service was very good until the end of the night, when we were clearly being hurried out for the next guests. We wouldn't go back.
- Great mealJamesDined on 8/26/2014The food here is interesting and really good. They also have an interesting wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Good Food!!I had the lamb. It was cooked to prefection. Waiter was spread thin between tables on outside and several inside. Service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fine dining.ElizabethDined on 8/23/2014We all three enjoyed every bite from the appetizers to dessert. The carpaccio, crab & mozzarella started us out, followed by the tomato basil bisque then trout, scallops and pappardelle. Finally beignets and red velvet cake with coffee and buttermilk ice creams. Every bite was a dream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fig TreeHeather75Dined on 8/23/2014Fantastic meal all around. Ask for Curt as your server....he is always a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly prepared, unique dishesZ404Dined on 8/23/2014For the entree, I fought my desire to order from the menu and had the special, which was opah--a lovely thick cut of fish, perfectly cooked. With the entree comes a side salad, and the option to upgrade to a different salad or to add toppings; I was content with the simple salad, given the flavorful entree to follow. For dessert, also the special: a dark chocolate 'silk' pie with coconut--and with two half-scoops of coconut sorbet, a dash of tangy citrus coulis, and small bits of berry and citrus. Both dishes were unique and memorable. Our server was pleasant and helpful, answering questions when asked but not pushing her preferences. For those who haven't been, it's an attractive setting, but the food's the thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent get away and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere, service and food were excellent. We had a great experience and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeremyJeremyDined on 8/21/2014Excellent menu and wine list! I entertained a customer and my wife here and we all thought evertying was top notch from the food to the wine to the service. A truly wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Happy to come back.retiredjanDined on 8/17/2014We ate at Fig Tree for our anniversary and were very pleased. The scallops appetizer was unusual and tasty. All the food we chose was really good, special touch of Happy Anniversary written on the side of the plate, attentive server, the French press coffee, quiet table. We were as happy as we could have been.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversarycuffelinksDined on 8/16/2014It was an intimate lovely dinner. It was our 34th wedding anniversary. Our waiter, Curt, was excellent, very knowledgable about all the food and wines available. We chose the beignets with coffee gelato for dessert and the chef wrote "happy anniversary" on the serving plate in chocolate. Would definitely go back for another special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbRemonDined on 8/15/2014A beautiful historical setting. The food was excellent. The service was great. I appreciated that it was quite. I would definitely recommend it for special occasions. The food portions were more than reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is in a lovely old craftsman style home. The only thing that I would say detracts from this place is that the tables are packed close together, inside an out. But that is more based on necessity of space than anything else. Other than that, the service and what is offered on the menu and in the cellar more than makes up for the fact that there is no such thing as a "private conversation" at your table. I highly recommend this establishment for lovely dinners before or after an event in Charlotte. If you are looking for a quiet, private, romantic environment, look elsewhere unless you want an audience. The food and cellar are on display here, not your event!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014The escargot was the best I've ever had! As was the poached lobster. Service was impeccable! My only issue was the risotto... It was undercooked and was overwhelmed by tarragon. Other than that, we will be back and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Amazing!dinner4twoDined on 8/8/2014From the moment we arrived until the time for our check everything was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. The food, service, and ambience all deserve 5 stars and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- professional and amazing foodFineDineDined on 8/8/2014Not only were they able to seat us early but the food was very under priced for how great it was and the portions were adequate. I PLAN TO COME BACK SOON.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014I took my wife there for our anniversary. The prices are such that I can only afford to go on a special occasion, but the food was fantastic. Our waiter, Curt, was very knowledgeable, friendly, and did not rush us. He made several food suggestions that enhanced our experience. I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top occassion spot...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The Fig Tree never fails to disappoint with the highest quality food and service. The menu is excellent. Our favorite restaurant in Charlotte!Special Features:
- Lovely ExperienceMom24Dined on 8/6/2014Celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary @ Fig Tree and they did not disappoint. The food was fabulous and the wine list super extensive. Our server was very polite and well versed on the wine list. He recommended a bottle of 3 Sticks Chardonnay which was superb! We had the Sea Scallops and Crab Pagoda appetizers which were great. The homemade rosemary focaccia bread was very tasty. Hubby had Sea Scallops entree and I had Grouper with Lobster, both were good however my grouper could have used a little more flavor. Desserts were heavenly! Overall, our experience was wonderful and we would highly recommend it to our friends. We will certainly go back. Nice floor layout and looks like the perfect place to rent out for a Holiday party!Special Features:
- fig tree fantasticduncs52Dined on 8/4/2014Great all round experience. The adage that you get what you pay for its never truer as this is the most expensive meal I've had in Charlotte recently but also the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic EveningRobertDined on 8/4/2014I wanted a romantic evening for a birthday celebration. This was our first time to Fig Tree and I selected it based on the reviews. I made the reservation online which was easy to navigate and took only a few short minutes. I let them know it would be a romantic dinner for two. We were placed at an upstairs corner table that gave us a sense of privacy. The evening couldn't have been better. The service was perfect and the food exceptional. We were there for almost three hours and had a wonderful time. It was truly perfect for us. It was worth every penny. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Beautiful setting. Amazing food, staff, service, ambiance and overall presentation. Fabulous meal, wonderful selection of entrees! The service and overall presentation were fantastic. The Elk Chops, scallops and lamb were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningJPandMMDined on 8/2/2014Fig Tree lived up to its promise in just about every way. We started with the Foie Gras and Escargot...both excellent. The Foie Gras melted in your mouth and tasted wonderful. We went with the "standard" salad that comes with dinner and it was good, but a little overdressed. My husband had the lobster/grouper combination and it was fantastic and I had the veal chop which was also good. Desserts were just okay. The beignets are not special at all, basically just glorified donut holes. My husband's crème brulee was good, but small given the price tag. All in all, for a special occasion, we would go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful dinner, great service!AllisonDined on 8/1/2014The food was absolutely excellent - we got the lamb tart and mozzarella for appetizers, and every person in our party got a different entree and everyone loved what they got (trout, filet mignon, salmon pappardelle, elk and lamb). The ambiance was also very nice, and the service was prompt. The only thing that was less than fantastic were the desserts, but they were okay too - and the coffee we had with dessert was delicious. Definitely recommend for a nice dinner out (it is a little pricey).Special Features:
- Good from far, far from good...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The menu was amazing and every dish sounded incredible, but everything we ordered fell short of expectations. Some dishes were bland, others way too much salt, steak was extremely fatty, fish was undercooked....on and on. The ambiance was very nice, service was good as well, but when you pay top dollar for a meal, you expect top quality - and we did not get it.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great service and the food was outstanding. Atmosphere is romantic with enough privacy.Special Features:
- Best mealLuv2travelDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I were in Charlotte on vacation ... found the Fig Tree on tripadvisor and booked a table since it's ratings were so high .... I ordered the scallops .... my husband and I fine dine as often as we can and I am here to tell you that these were the best scallops I have ever had to date .... I couldn't keep my husband out of them and he ordered the pork chop which is always his favorite. The staff were accommodating to all our questions about the area and very knowledgeable about pairing wines with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JJJJDined on 7/25/2014We moved from Boston a year ago. This was our best dinner experience ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNathanDined on 7/25/2014Very good food and really nice wait staff. Would recommend to anyone who loves a good dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night!breakingbread2Dined on 7/25/2014Visited Fig Tree after reading reviews in search of something special and out of the ordinary from typical high end steak houses. Fig Tree met all of our expectations and exceeded a few. Our waitress was pleasant, responsive and quite knowledgable about the menu. My wife had the grouper and lobster dish, which was nicely presented with a pesto risotto. Each bite was flavorful and nicely balanced. I had the lamb tenderloins and was pleasantly surprised with the combination of the slightly gamey lamb and mushroom risotto. The over the top chocolatey red velvet cake was great and much better than expected after reading a previous review. We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you haven't been a must to go!MommaMouseVIPDined on 7/23/2014If you are a foodie, Fig Tree is a must. They have a wonderful menu and the food is outstanding. It's in a great location on 7th Street in a quaint old historic type home. There were four of us in our party and each dish was perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Cant Say Enough Good ThingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014This is the best place in Charlotte for fine dining. I have never been let down. Still #1 on my go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Megc87Dined on 7/12/2014Delicious meal! One of my favorite places in Charlotte.Special Features:
- 5-star all the wayRussVIPDined on 7/12/2014What a great find this place was. A unique dining experience in a historic house, this restaurant has a lot to offer. It's small, intimate dining area is perfect for a romantic special occasion or a small group. Service was spot-on. All of the entrees looked great, and i was able to sample 3 (of those sitting with me) and they were all fantastic. Will definitely visit again next time in the Charlotte area. Only a 5 min cab ride from downtown and worth it.Special Features:
- Never disappointsNCfoodie2014Dined on 7/12/2014Food and service were great. Ask for JD, he was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.InsideOutDined on 7/11/2014Was in Charlotte for a concert with my wife and tried the Fig Tree. What a find... Great food and excellent service. The ambience was perfect for a romantic dinner with my wife. Enjoyed everything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies DELIGHT!JZ320Dined on 7/9/2014On a recommendation went to Fig Tree to celebrate our anniversary and totally satisified! Our dining experience ........surpassed our expectations, food and service were amazing! Will definitely return, next time we'll bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyLuv2eatDined on 7/6/2014Everything was wonderful. I now know why it is so hard to get a reservation!Special Features: