The Fig Tree Restaurant
1601 East 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Fig Tree Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.charlottefigtree.com/
- Phone: (704) 332-3322
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Greg Zanitsch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 40 people in an individual room or we can make the full house available for parties up to 75 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sara Scheidler 7043323322
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinners.
A word from The Fig Tree Restaurant
Just minutes from Uptown Charlotte in the Historic Elizabeth neighborhood, The Fig Tree Restaurant is located in a beautifully restored 1913 Bungalow. Offering Seasonal Cuisine with influences from Italy and France, an award winning and affordable wine list and outstanding service. Whether you are looking for a romantic fireside dinner, a fun evening of dining al fresco or a private room for your group, The Fig Tree has it all. We look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Fig Tree Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
The Fig Tree Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)romantic (165)notable wine list (145)fit for foodies (138)neighborhood gem (119)great for outdoor dining (70)good for groups (23)hot spot (11)scenic view (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2014The restaurant is in a beautiful old house that is cozy and perfect for a great night out. Everyone, from the hostess to the servers were so kind, so professional! I just can't say enough great things about the food. I don't think you could go wrong with anything you order. It was just a perfect night at a perfect restaurant and I cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How Sweet It IsValerieDined on 11/16/2014We finally had a chance to dine at Fig Tree and it was a superlative experience that all lovers of fine dining ought to experience! Beignets and French pressed coffee are a must have for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationBawood15Dined on 11/15/2014I surprised my wife with dinner reservations at the Fig Tree to celebrate her birthday. I invited another couple to join us. The staff was welcoming from the moment we entered. We arrived well in advance of our reservation time. I appreciated that the hostess politely asked if we would like to be seated early if possible. We declined and enjoyed a few beverages at the bar while we waited on the other couple to arrive. We were seated upstairs in a smaller room with three other tables. The room seemed a bit small at first but wasn't a problem at all. Our server, Zach, took our drink orders and helped us understand the nuances of the menu. He took our full order at the beginning of the night and perfectly spaced out the delivery of the various courses. I did like the fact that a salad was included with the main entree. The food was prepared perfectly and was delicious. We sat at our table for nearly 3 hours and didn't feel rushed at all. The support wait staff kept the table clean and water glasses full. All in all, our experience was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food options and serviceSalmanDined on 11/15/2014Went here for my birthday and had w great time. Exceptional service and wide variety of entrees. One of the dishes was slightly undercooked but the staff were quick on making a new orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing time! Perfectly cooked!JoshHollingsworthDined on 11/14/2014It was our anniversary and it was the best meal we have ever had in Charlotte! Curt was our waiter and was amazing! Largest wine list in Charlotte!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In from out of townbsmybheartDined on 11/14/2014In Charlotte for the weekend and wanted to have dinner from a fine dining locally owned restaurant. Researched the internet and found The Fig Tree kept coming up under great food, great atmosphere, and locally chef owned. The reviews were very accurate. Service was impeccable and the food, well what can I say. I would highly recommend the Fig Tree for a great meal...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely impressiveBigPalateDined on 11/13/2014Great spot just outside downtown Charlotte. Setting is a converted home, it seems. Excellent and very extensive wine list. Service was impeccable. Food menu has some classics (filet) and other unique dishes such as elk. Great spot for business dinner, romantic evening, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Out At A HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2014Walking into the front door of the two story bungalow built in 1913, you immediately know in in for a special experience. As you enter into what was the living room, you feel like you have come over to your neighbors house for a formal dinner. The gorgeous wood interior sets a warm friendly tone. We ate upstairs next to the fireplace. The menu offers a nice wide range of items all prepared with great sauces and great accompanying vegetables and potatoes. Two of us had the Wild Boar. the others had the trout. All excellent. Service was great. Wine was selection was good but could have offered better choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandinggottoloveitDined on 11/9/2014This place ranks in the top ten restaurants my wife and I dined. The service was excellent. We were not rushed during our visit. The food was well prepared. We will definitely dine there again and have already recommended to serveral of our friends.Special Features:
- Always an outstanding meal!CLTfoodie1VIPDined on 11/8/2014By far one of the top 5 restaurants in Charlotte. Consistent in excellent service, top quality/phenomenal food of each course from bread to dessert. Need an accommodation or celebrating an occasion - let them know and they treat you like royalty. One of the few restaurants I consistently recommend without question year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be back!!Foodie4Dined on 11/8/2014My Husband and I went to The Fig Tree for the first time last weekend. We went to celebrate our birthdays. The food, service, and overall experience was outstanding. We will definitely be back! Our waiter Rich was excellent which made our experience that much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jencDined on 11/8/2014Excellent from start to finish! Food and service outstanding. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark couldn't see menu.JamiLynnDined on 11/8/2014Dark menues hard to read . Had to use cell phone light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner!FishyDined on 11/7/2014Great foot, ambiance, service, and wine list. Cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- A home run.....Again!zoltocVIPDined on 11/7/2014We have never had a less than wonderful meal at Fig Tree. This night was exceptional. Everyone enjoyed every single dish with special mention for the elk lasagna, escargot, trout, rabbit saltimbocca, and, of course, the beignets for dessert. Even the anchovies on the ceasar salad were great. I will also say that I had the very best veal chop of my entire life. The chop was thick, cooked perfectly, and as tender as the best filet. If you live within 50 miles of Charlotte, treat yourself to this outstanding restaurant.
- Spectacular!NewtronDined on 11/6/2014A night to remember with great friends! When this occurs a fantastic venue with incredible food and service assures there is nothing to be disappointed about...The Fig Tree will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularMattVIPDined on 11/5/2014The restaurant is set in a restored home... Stunning The food was perfect. Dinner includes a salad.... Mine was great... From the chilled plate, chilled fork, fresh and perfectly dressed. For my main I had the lamb over couscous... The flavors were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningMJKDDined on 11/4/2014Everything was great. Food excellent but main dish (veal chop) was huge. Especially enjoyed not being rushed. Dinner lasted three hours. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeChicagoTreeMDVIPDined on 11/3/2014I can see why this is tops in Charlotte. Set in a really cool old home Fig Tree has an amazing menu and great staff. Had the grouper and lobster--out of sight!! Wine list is awesome as well. This is a fine dining experience without being pretentious. Highly highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveClay7494Dined on 11/1/2014Couldn't find anything I didn't like. Took my wife there for her birthday, based on the positive reviews I read about the restaurant. All I can say, is IT DID NOT DISSAPOINT. Absolutely, Fabulous!!!!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Always an interesting meal and as someone with food allergies I find the staff very thorough / knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Just keeps getting bettercjdmDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I got to the Fig Tree for just about every special occassion. Not once have we had anything but excellance in our meal and our service.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014The Fig Tree was the perfect place to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Every single thing about the restaurant was phenomenal. We will definitely be keeping it on our "special occasion" list of restaurants.Special Features:
- Continuously very goodrag1124VIPDined on 10/31/2014We go to the Fig Tree 2-3 times year and the food and service never disappoints. They always have different things on the menu..I had the Elk and it was terrific.Special Features:
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014Polenta and Octopus Appetizers were great. Grouper and Lobster was excellent!!! Finished with and awesome banana bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantrbscDined on 10/25/2014The dining experience was spot on ... ambiance was great, food was great, service was great (& well timed). Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisefundinerDined on 10/25/2014Thank you Open Table. Viewed reviews on line for Charlotte dining and picked one with best overall reviews. A little too much sodium buy great food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food in a Cozy Settingdina77Dined on 10/23/2014Lovely place for a romantic date. The food is delicious and the setting is lovely.Special Features:
- I've had better.ConsciousDinerDined on 10/23/2014Yes, they have good food selections listed. However, when I treat myself to an expensive meal - either the food or the atmosphere should be outstanding. Unfortunately, I felt the atmosphere was dual. Right down to the elevator music being played. Our plates chosen were OK, but I really can't say much more about it - sadly. I have eaten at restaurants that charged me a lot less, but I felt in awe of the taste and texture of the food; while the ambience paired perfectly - that's money well spent. This was a disappointing experience, but you live you learn. The description 'over priced' jumps out at me for this restaurant. I do like to spoil myself don't get me wrong! :) I just won't be back there. There are tons of places in CLT!Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantCourtyDined on 10/22/2014Fig tree is a favorite of mine. The only reason for the 4/5 star review for this visit was because we were there for a work meeting and it was so loud I could not hear the person next to me. In addition, one appetizer was so overcooked it was inedible. The waiter did remove it from the check and offered to bring another but we were already ready for our main course. I must say this is the first negative experience I have had in 5+ visits to this establishment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A great dining experience; the service was excellent and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!service42Dined on 10/17/2014The Fig Tree was a GREAT experience, as it combined wonderful food, a romantic atmosphere, & history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodmrrussoDined on 10/17/2014We had the lamb tenderloin (perfectly cooked and well seasoned) and the Australian Blue Nose (never heard of this wonderful fish, but also well cooked), along with some fantastic scallops for an appetizer. Well worth a try if you have never been to this place. Great old house, you feel like you're dining in a private room. Plenty of wine choices and the waiter knew the menu and explained some wines I hand;t heard of before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Romanticapril8228Dined on 10/15/2014We were impressed with the menu and loved our romantic dinner. Great cocktails, too!Special Features:
- It hard to top this in Charlotte!JLDCEOVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is the best place I've eaten in Charlotte. The food is amazing and the setting is in an historic old home. We had a party of 3 and the dined on the veal chop, grouper with lobster, and the swordfish special. Everything was perfect. Even the risotto sides were scrumptious! I am a HUGE fan of NYC Italian veal chops, most notably at Il Molino and Il Giglio. This was arguably better. The flavors were less of rosemary and more of mushroom and wine, but not Marsala-like. It was just so good! Anyway, go there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good it warranted a second visitZsellerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Found this gem while looking for a place to dine while in town for a trade show. It was so good a second trip soon followed. The first trip elk was selected along with a fabulous navy bean soup. The meal was completed by a Creme Broulee that featured cayenne pepper as a part of the glazing The server the first night wat Curt (hope I spelled it correctly) with Eddie serving the 2nd night. The menu had so many interesting things that I would love to be able to be around long enough to give them all a try. Night 2 was the veal chop based on one of our party members having it the first night. Great food, great service, great ambiance, a trifecta!!!!!Special Features:
- Empty wine stock vs. wine listwineoutDined on 10/12/2014We ordered a bottle of wine and were told it they were out, we ordered a second bottle of wine and it too was out of stock. I then ordered a 3rd bottle of wine of another at a higher price. In prior experiences of this happening where a wine was out of stock other restaurants have offered to supplement a higher price bottle at the price of the orginial bottle ordered. At Fig Tree I had a suggest this and ask the waiter if they would provide us with the 3rd bottle at the same price as the orginal bottle ordered. The food was great but I was disappointed with two wines not being in stock but listed on the notable wine list and having to ask for the 3rd bottle to be priced the same as the 1st bottle ordered. Having to ask was the issue.Special Features:
- Needs more ownership involvmentSatisfiedVIPDined on 10/12/2014So………Nice location, Very nice décor. High quality service. Appetizers were very nice. My Daughter pasta was ok. Good flavor but a bit mushy. Wife’s fish was superb. My fish was “ok” and the lobster on top of it was awful. I mentioned it three times to the waitress. Still paid for it and got nothing. VERY surprising for such a nice place with a good reputation. Most likely won’t go back.Special Features:
- Amazing food with a great ambiance!WineanddineDined on 10/12/2014Had a great dinner. Filet was amazing. Great wine list. Nicole, our server was so helpful with our choice. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- did not disappointMelkmDined on 10/10/2014Had heard great things and it lived up to expectations. Really lovely food and great cocktails/wine/dessert to accompany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.