1601 East 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.charlottefigtree.com/
- Phone: 7043323322
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Greg Zanitsch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 40 people in an individual room or we can make the full house available for parties up to 75 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sara Scheidler 7043323322
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinners.
A word from Fig Tree
Just minutes from Uptown Charlotte in the Historic Elizabeth neighborhood, The Fig Tree Restaurant is located in a beautifully restored 1913 Bungalow. Offering Seasonal Cuisine with influences from Italy and France, an award winning and affordable wine list and outstanding service. Whether you are looking for a romantic fireside dinner, a fun evening of dining al fresco or a private room for your group, The Fig Tree has it all. We look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fig Tree - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Fig Tree reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)romantic (148)notable wine list (131)fit for foodies (120)neighborhood gem (108)great for outdoor dining (73)good for groups (19)scenic view (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A great dining experience; the service was excellent and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!service42Dined on 10/17/2014The Fig Tree was a GREAT experience, as it combined wonderful food, a romantic atmosphere, & history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodmrrussoDined on 10/17/2014We had the lamb tenderloin (perfectly cooked and well seasoned) and the Australian Blue Nose (never heard of this wonderful fish, but also well cooked), along with some fantastic scallops for an appetizer. Well worth a try if you have never been to this place. Great old house, you feel like you're dining in a private room. Plenty of wine choices and the waiter knew the menu and explained some wines I hand;t heard of before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Romanticapril8228Dined on 10/15/2014We were impressed with the menu and loved our romantic dinner. Great cocktails, too!Special Features:
- It hard to top this in Charlotte!JLDCEOVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is the best place I've eaten in Charlotte. The food is amazing and the setting is in an historic old home. We had a party of 3 and the dined on the veal chop, grouper with lobster, and the swordfish special. Everything was perfect. Even the risotto sides were scrumptious! I am a HUGE fan of NYC Italian veal chops, most notably at Il Molino and Il Giglio. This was arguably better. The flavors were less of rosemary and more of mushroom and wine, but not Marsala-like. It was just so good! Anyway, go there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good it warranted a second visitZsellerVIPDined on 10/13/2014Found this gem while looking for a place to dine while in town for a trade show. It was so good a second trip soon followed. The first trip elk was selected along with a fabulous navy bean soup. The meal was completed by a Creme Broulee that featured cayenne pepper as a part of the glazing The server the first night wat Curt (hope I spelled it correctly) with Eddie serving the 2nd night. The menu had so many interesting things that I would love to be able to be around long enough to give them all a try. Night 2 was the veal chop based on one of our party members having it the first night. Great food, great service, great ambiance, a trifecta!!!!!Special Features:
- Empty wine stock vs. wine listwineoutDined on 10/12/2014We ordered a bottle of wine and were told it they were out, we ordered a second bottle of wine and it too was out of stock. I then ordered a 3rd bottle of wine of another at a higher price. In prior experiences of this happening where a wine was out of stock other restaurants have offered to supplement a higher price bottle at the price of the orginial bottle ordered. At Fig Tree I had a suggest this and ask the waiter if they would provide us with the 3rd bottle at the same price as the orginal bottle ordered. The food was great but I was disappointed with two wines not being in stock but listed on the notable wine list and having to ask for the 3rd bottle to be priced the same as the 1st bottle ordered. Having to ask was the issue.Special Features:
- Needs more ownership involvmentSatisfiedVIPDined on 10/12/2014So………Nice location, Very nice décor. High quality service. Appetizers were very nice. My Daughter pasta was ok. Good flavor but a bit mushy. Wife’s fish was superb. My fish was “ok” and the lobster on top of it was awful. I mentioned it three times to the waitress. Still paid for it and got nothing. VERY surprising for such a nice place with a good reputation. Most likely won’t go back.Special Features:
- Amazing food with a great ambiance!WineanddineDined on 10/12/2014Had a great dinner. Filet was amazing. Great wine list. Nicole, our server was so helpful with our choice. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- did not disappointMelkmDined on 10/10/2014Had heard great things and it lived up to expectations. Really lovely food and great cocktails/wine/dessert to accompany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful Birthday Treat!DickSDined on 10/9/2014We went as a special birthday for my wife. It was indeed special! The food was excellent -- try the cheese platter, the filet ... everything we ordered was delicious. Our server was excellent, and a real pleasure to interact with. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique atmosphere, food and servicenicklovestoeatDined on 10/9/2014Classy and friendly, romantic and understated - that is the Fig Tree! The staff, Menu and wine list are certainly worth 5 stars, nevertheless you never feel pressured or out-of-place for casual dining. I go there with my wife for special occasions and whoever is there the atmosphere is always truthful to this legacy. As well as the Menu. A solid value, very innovative in its cooking and appealing in its continuity!Special Features:
- Just away from downtownFT136dawgDined on 10/9/2014<10 min drive and you're away from the concrete & glass & bustle of downtown CLT, relaxed in an older neighborhood setting. We chose to dine on the spacious front porch of this bungalow to enjoy the warm breeze of early October's Autumn air. Devin was top-notch serving up the chef's superb renditions from appetizer through dessert. High marks as The Fig Tree met and exceeded all my expectations. Well done, highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday night special occasionOctober6DinnerDined on 10/6/2014My husband and I went to The Fig Tree for our anniversary on a Monday night. We pass it every day on the way to work and it looked intriguing to us, and since my maiden name is "Lucas", I was curious about that too. I love the white lights outside, and have them at home on my porch too. Our waiter, Jacob, was very pleasant, knowledgeable, articulate and attentive. We never had to wait too long for assistance, nor did he intrude too often. It was just right. And the food was really tasty and eye pleasing. We will come back for another special occasion in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2014Unique menu choices; excellent preparation, presentation and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Wonderfulkleitch79VIPDined on 10/2/2014My bride and I enjoyed our 5-year anniversary here and I was blown away with the wine list, the ambiance, and the service. The food was also excellent but the environment made it fantastic. The pricing is actually very reasonable. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Almost a great experience.tonysDined on 10/2/2014The restaurant is in a lovely Craftsman-style house dating from the early 1900s. The ambience is delightful. The service was excellent. Now the few problems: the wine list, although extensive and impressive, is overpriced. The appetizer was sliced duck breast served COLD. We should have been warned! The salad course was absolutely tasteless. The lettuces were, according to the manager, hydroponically grown, which could explain the absence of any flavor. And the bland salad dressing didn't help the situation. The main courses though were excellent. Fresh grouper with lobster, for one, and fresh Atlantic swordfish for the other. Both were prepared perfectly. The chef/owner worked at Auberge du Soleil. He should know what good greens are.Special Features:
- Top Notch!wineandfoodfanDined on 10/2/2014Was so happy to have found this gem!! It is truly an awesome experience and the wine list is spectacular! I can't remember better service and the food was everything I expected and more. This place gets 5 starts all the way around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in CharlotteVeechDined on 10/2/2014We had the good fortune to arrive early and had a chance to sit and talk over drinks with Mark (the bartender) before our dinner. He was very amicable and offered wonderful suggestions on the extensive, diverse and affordable wine list. Dinner was even more pleasant. The cream sauce on the escargot was divine and begged to be soaked up with the fresh bread. Similarly, the grilled octopus appetizer with olives was full of contrasting flavors. We had the fresh trout and the veal chop as our main dishes and they were cooked to perfection. We were seated upstairs and we enjoyed the meal in a very quiet and intimate surrounding with very attentive service. This was clearly the best dining experience we ever had in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayGLThompVIPDined on 9/28/2014Went to Fig Tree for my husband's birthday. There were 8 of us. Service was perfect. Could not have been better. Food was fabulous. Most everybody ordered either the veal chop or the sautéed trout for entree and everybody was happy. Appetizers were great but pricey. We ordered the elk meatballs which were very good but not really worth $14.00 for 3 of them. Cheese charcuterie was wonderful. Salads were "customized" and excellent with a nice choice of toppings for the house salad. I had a martini before dinner. I'm very picky about my martini's and I must say I had no complaints. It was perfect. Could not have been a better birthday dinner for my husband. Will definitely return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Food is okSteak2VIPDined on 9/27/2014Elk meatballs were dry - thank goodness for the sauce and risotto. Speaking of risotto, of the four dishes we ordered, three came with risotto - really???? Are there no other foods to choose from. We were not impressedSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Fig TreeLucy123456789Dined on 9/26/2014The food way great from appetizer to dessert. Great service from recommendations to full water cups. Wine menu was massive and a bit intimidating but I'm sure they would offer recommendations. Food menu was great as well, interesting options and pairings that worked very well. Finally, the bread pudding was AMAZING and a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This was our first visit to The Fig Tree and I assure you we will return. I have also recommended The Fig Tree to several of our friendsSpecial Features:
- duke15Dined on 9/25/2014Great food and nice atmosphere. I would recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnercharlotteDined on 9/23/2014I took my husband here for his birthday this year. We had a lovely dinner. The ambiance was relaxing, quiet. It was like eating fine dining, but in what used to be someone's actual dining room in their house - pretty cool. The food was fantastic. Our server was friendly, prompt, and knowledgeable of the menu. We really enjoyed ourselves. The veal chop was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.Ray2MillerDined on 9/22/2014The hostess was super friendly and saved us a seat outside and it was absolutely beautiful weather. Wine list was exceptional. I think we ordered every appetizer on the menu and was pleased with each one, especially the scallops. Entrees were great as well! The staff was very attentive. We will definitely go back on our next visit to Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningCynthVIPDined on 9/22/2014Where else can you get an Elk Chop in Charlotte? Cooked to perfection and very well seasoned! Artisan cheese plate has nice assortment of offerings. If you want a certain dessert, best to reserve that up front. I was there on a Monday night at 7:30 and when it came time for dessert, the Red Velvet cake which I had decided upon before arriving (from reading reviews) was sold out. I chose the Apple Streudel which was nothing special and too many "crumbles". A lovely restaurant in an old house with many seating areas.Special Features:
- Always incredibleHunswaggerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Fig Tree is never less than absolutely incredible. The food, service, and ambiance is perfection. I have a lot of dietary restrictions and they go above and beyond to take care of me every time. The absolute best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectBigDocGDined on 9/20/2014I traveled from NY to charlotte to meet my girlfriend and I chose the fig tree as the spot to get engaged. The staff were in on the plan and everything was perfect. The food, the staff, the atmosphere and the table were just perfect. I would recommend this for all romantics who are seeking the best of all worlds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Enjoyed Fig Tree!teresahsVIPDined on 9/19/2014If you are there on a pleasant night, definitely sit outside! My favorite thing that we ordered was an appetizer with duck confit and figs. The halibut was good, but I was not crazy about the way the accompanying quinoa flavors. My husband's grouper was a little over cooked. The corn risotto was a little heavy.Special Features:
- Nice EveningKbachVIPDined on 9/17/2014Had a very nice dinner with a great server. She was very knowledgable about the menu and wine list. Very attentive without being intrusive. It was a beautiful evening so we ate on the porch. The restaurant is in a house and divided into small dining rooms which makes it a little more intimate and quiet. However, I think a large group could make it very noisy. The artisan cheese plate is a great appetizer. The halibut was cooked perfect. My husband enjoyed the carpaccio and elk chop. We were in town for business so I doubt we would ever have the opportunity to go back, but I would recommend it to family or friends visiting Charlotte.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolineFoodlvrDined on 9/16/2014The food is a little more than your average restaurant for a reason, it's phenomenal! I would absolutely go back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate dinning at its bestNightoutDined on 9/16/2014At this restaurant you feel like your having your dining partner over to your house for very special dinner. The rooms cozy and intimate, service is 5 starts and the food incredibly gormet. It is pricey however, well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonLuv2noshDined on 9/15/2014Great dinning experience. Food and wine list were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteDined on 9/14/2014Went on a recommendation and it lived up to it. Service concerned, helped and patient. Food was excellent. Had semi-private room and it worked out well, since other group was not noisy. One diner had a need for a no-salt dinner and the waiter did a lot of work solving that problem. All in all, a pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- The Best.TonyDined on 9/14/2014Have been enjoying the best of Charlotte dining for 25 years. Have experienced none finer than the complete experience at the Fig Tree . Simply, the best.Special Features:
- JoePDined on 9/13/2014Very good wine list with OK pricing. Food is top shelf with many interesting items. Service is also top notch.Special Features:
- excellentBugJewellDined on 9/13/2014Everything was outstanding, best veal chops I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGeoffreyndDined on 9/12/2014Best experience my wife and I've had in Charlotte. My elk steak was cooked a perfect medium rare and was tender and tasty. The cabbage side gave the dish a German flair. The service was fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Top notch dining experience!beaglemomDined on 9/12/2014We went Friday for a birthday (special 80th for Mom) and I think we have agreed it was the best meal we've had in Charlotte. Service was impeccable, the house was charming, the wine list is endless. Our server, Trevor, was right on point with suggestions. We started with the grilled octopus, tender and smoky. We had the halibut, NY strip, and my scallops were the best I've ever had - perfectly cooked, fabulous flavor. French ginger martinis were clean and delicious. We will definitely be here again. Even though it's a bit on the pricey side, it's definitely worth it. When we declined birthday dessert, Trevor showed up with two dessert plates with birthday candles! If you like the McNinch House, we thought the food here beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.