1601 East 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.charlottefigtree.com/
- Phone: 7043323322
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday 5:30pm - 11:00pm Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Greg Zanitsch
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate parties up to 40 people in an individual room or we can make the full house available for parties up to 75 people. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sara Scheidler 7043323322
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinners.
A word from Fig Tree
Just minutes from Uptown Charlotte in the Historic Elizabeth neighborhood, The Fig Tree Restaurant is located in a beautifully restored 1913 Bungalow. Offering Seasonal Cuisine with influences from Italy and France, an award winning and affordable wine list and outstanding service. Whether you are looking for a romantic fireside dinner, a fun evening of dining al fresco or a private room for your group, The Fig Tree has it all. We look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Fig Tree - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Fig Tree reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (163)romantic (150)notable wine list (133)fit for foodies (126)neighborhood gem (105)great for outdoor dining (74)good for groups (21)hot spot (6)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Food is okSteak2VIPDined on 9/27/2014Elk meatballs were dry - thank goodness for the sauce and risotto. Speaking of risotto, of the four dishes we ordered, three came with risotto - really???? Are there no other foods to choose from. We were not impressedSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Fig TreeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The food way great from appetizer to dessert. Great service from recommendations to full water cups. Wine menu was massive and a bit intimidating but I'm sure they would offer recommendations. Food menu was great as well, interesting options and pairings that worked very well. Finally, the bread pudding was AMAZING and a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This was our first visit to The Fig Tree and I assure you we will return. I have also recommended The Fig Tree to several of our friendsSpecial Features:
- Lovely DinnercharlotteDined on 9/23/2014I took my husband here for his birthday this year. We had a lovely dinner. The ambiance was relaxing, quiet. It was like eating fine dining, but in what used to be someone's actual dining room in their house - pretty cool. The food was fantastic. Our server was friendly, prompt, and knowledgeable of the menu. We really enjoyed ourselves. The veal chop was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.Ray2MillerDined on 9/22/2014The hostess was super friendly and saved us a seat outside and it was absolutely beautiful weather. Wine list was exceptional. I think we ordered every appetizer on the menu and was pleased with each one, especially the scallops. Entrees were great as well! The staff was very attentive. We will definitely go back on our next visit to Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningCynthVIPDined on 9/22/2014Where else can you get an Elk Chop in Charlotte? Cooked to perfection and very well seasoned! Artisan cheese plate has nice assortment of offerings. If you want a certain dessert, best to reserve that up front. I was there on a Monday night at 7:30 and when it came time for dessert, the Red Velvet cake which I had decided upon before arriving (from reading reviews) was sold out. I chose the Apple Streudel which was nothing special and too many "crumbles". A lovely restaurant in an old house with many seating areas.Special Features:
- Always incredibleHunswaggerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Fig Tree is never less than absolutely incredible. The food, service, and ambiance is perfection. I have a lot of dietary restrictions and they go above and beyond to take care of me every time. The absolute best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectBigDocGDined on 9/20/2014I traveled from NY to charlotte to meet my girlfriend and I chose the fig tree as the spot to get engaged. The staff were in on the plan and everything was perfect. The food, the staff, the atmosphere and the table were just perfect. I would recommend this for all romantics who are seeking the best of all worlds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Enjoyed Fig Tree!teresahsVIPDined on 9/19/2014If you are there on a pleasant night, definitely sit outside! My favorite thing that we ordered was an appetizer with duck confit and figs. The halibut was good, but I was not crazy about the way the accompanying quinoa flavors. My husband's grouper was a little over cooked. The corn risotto was a little heavy.Special Features:
- Nice EveningKbachVIPDined on 9/17/2014Had a very nice dinner with a great server. She was very knowledgable about the menu and wine list. Very attentive without being intrusive. It was a beautiful evening so we ate on the porch. The restaurant is in a house and divided into small dining rooms which makes it a little more intimate and quiet. However, I think a large group could make it very noisy. The artisan cheese plate is a great appetizer. The halibut was cooked perfect. My husband enjoyed the carpaccio and elk chop. We were in town for business so I doubt we would ever have the opportunity to go back, but I would recommend it to family or friends visiting Charlotte.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolineFoodlvrDined on 9/16/2014The food is a little more than your average restaurant for a reason, it's phenomenal! I would absolutely go back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate dinning at its bestNightoutDined on 9/16/2014At this restaurant you feel like your having your dining partner over to your house for very special dinner. The rooms cozy and intimate, service is 5 starts and the food incredibly gormet. It is pricey however, well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RonOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2014Great dinning experience. Food and wine list were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeteDined on 9/14/2014Went on a recommendation and it lived up to it. Service concerned, helped and patient. Food was excellent. Had semi-private room and it worked out well, since other group was not noisy. One diner had a need for a no-salt dinner and the waiter did a lot of work solving that problem. All in all, a pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- The Best.TonyDined on 9/14/2014Have been enjoying the best of Charlotte dining for 25 years. Have experienced none finer than the complete experience at the Fig Tree . Simply, the best.Special Features:
- JoePDined on 9/13/2014Very good wine list with OK pricing. Food is top shelf with many interesting items. Service is also top notch.Special Features:
- excellentBugJewellDined on 9/13/2014Everything was outstanding, best veal chops I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceGeoffreyndDined on 9/12/2014Best experience my wife and I've had in Charlotte. My elk steak was cooked a perfect medium rare and was tender and tasty. The cabbage side gave the dish a German flair. The service was fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Top notch dining experience!beaglemomDined on 9/12/2014We went Friday for a birthday (special 80th for Mom) and I think we have agreed it was the best meal we've had in Charlotte. Service was impeccable, the house was charming, the wine list is endless. Our server, Trevor, was right on point with suggestions. We started with the grilled octopus, tender and smoky. We had the halibut, NY strip, and my scallops were the best I've ever had - perfectly cooked, fabulous flavor. French ginger martinis were clean and delicious. We will definitely be here again. Even though it's a bit on the pricey side, it's definitely worth it. When we declined birthday dessert, Trevor showed up with two dessert plates with birthday candles! If you like the McNinch House, we thought the food here beat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineanddineDined on 9/11/2014Loved the atmosphere of the beautiful bar. The food was presented artistically and in a timely manner. IT WAS DELICIOUS. There were 4 of us and we sat upstairs in a room that was quiet and conducive to intimate conversation.The service was exceptional. I had been to the resturant years ago and it once again was a memorable experience. The resturant is not in a visable area and so it takes Open Table to remind us of its presences. WELL WORTH A RETURN VISIT AFTER ALL THIS TIME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stache & CookStacheVIPDined on 9/11/2014Our second visit to this gem and it was again wonderful. Service, ambiance, and especially the food were outstanding. A "must do" in Charlotte.Special Features:
- A high quality dining experience!csmithDined on 9/8/2014I pre-ordered a bottle of bubbly with my reservation for our anniversary celebration and, Jacob, our waiter, brought it to our table after we were seated without having to mention it. That's great staff communication from the hostess to the waiter! Great Service! The exceptional service continued all the way through dessert. The food was exceptional. Clearly the Chef and kitchen staff take great pride in their work just like the front of the house does. I highly recommend the Elk Chop and don't miss the Beignets for dessert. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fig Tree is always a special treat!royfan51VIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food, creatively prepared. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BirthdayPamMQDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated my 58th Birthday at Fig Tree and enjoyed it very much! The meal was prepared perfectly and absolutely delicious! And dessert, well it was fabulous!! I believe our server's name was Rich (my memory not so great), and he was just very nice and did a top notch job serving us! We'll be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!freelysboyDined on 9/5/2014We loved everything about the Fig Tree. The only negative was the desserts. They just did not compliment the great meal we had. Ivy, our waitress, was very personable. We would highly reccomend the Fig Tree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impressive wine list!TeresaHDined on 9/2/2014I chose this restaurant because it had 5 stars and I was not disappointed! The food was delicious, the wine list extensive, and our server was very helpful in choosing a delicious wine to pair with our food. I started with potato leek soup. My entree was the grouper with lobster... The grouper was cooked perfectly and served with couscous. Everything we had there was simply divine! Highly recommend you try this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014Food was great but they messed up our order. Luckily it was delicious anyway.Special Features:
- Delicious & Wonderful!smaroulisVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our table shared a wonderful cheeseplatter that featured honeycomb, fresh currants, house made crackers and a wonderful array of cheeses. The Trout was perfect- the vegetarian entree of pappardelle was awesome, and as always- the home baked ciabatta & filet Mignon were fantastic! And everyone remembered to wish my husband a happy birthday! Very sweet. Thank you all!Special Features:
- It was GREAT!!!luv2dineOutDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our anniversary at the Fig Tree. The ambiance was intimate and quiet since we had a 5:30 pm reservation. The service was impeccable. The food was amazing and the Champagne recommendation was perfect. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Food and service were greatAtlantaFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed the food and the service. Would definitely return. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Amazing, againTStuVIPDined on 8/30/2014We dine at Fig Tree for special occasions and have never been disappointed. The service is always top notch and the food is incredible. The wine list, for me, is a bit overwhelming but the wait staff have always been there to direct us to wines within our tastes and price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fig Never Disappoints!!!!CLTUptownerDined on 8/30/2014It had been about a year since our last outing to Fig. We got there a little before our reservation and sat at the bar. They have a wonderful selection of wine by the glass!!! Once seated, Ryan, our server came by to take drink orders and review the specials. Very knowledgeable and attentive but not overbearing. My husband had the carrot ginger soup which was amazing and the Grouper with Lobster. Both plates returned to the kitchen looking as if they were clean! I had the Striped Bass special which was served over Mushroom Risotto. It was perfect. We looked at the desert menu and had to order the Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting. It was a perfect combination of layer cake and frosting. Another perfect visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a Little WorkmetsouthdesignDined on 8/30/2014After researching many of the top restaurants for a quick visit to Charlotte, I chose Fig Tree based on primarily good reviews and an appealing menu. It wasn't awful, but less than I would have liked for a $160 pre-tip bill (no bottle of wine). The room we sat in was sadly in need of repairs and held only 4 tables, making it difficult to ignore the conversations around us. The food was, well, uneven. Elk was gamey and overcooked with a flavorless spaetzle. The crab pagoda tower was cold and soggy. My veal chop was very good and the gorgonzola sauce on the escargot delicious, although the escargot were tough. Service was very good until the end of the night, when we were clearly being hurried out for the next guests. We wouldn't go back.
- Great mealJamesDined on 8/26/2014The food here is interesting and really good. They also have an interesting wine list.Special Features:
- california14Dined on 8/26/2014Good Food!!I had the lamb. It was cooked to prefection. Waiter was spread thin between tables on outside and several inside. Service was a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fine dining.ElizabethDined on 8/23/2014We all three enjoyed every bite from the appetizers to dessert. The carpaccio, crab & mozzarella started us out, followed by the tomato basil bisque then trout, scallops and pappardelle. Finally beignets and red velvet cake with coffee and buttermilk ice creams. Every bite was a dream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fig TreeHeather75Dined on 8/23/2014Fantastic meal all around. Ask for Curt as your server....he is always a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly prepared, unique dishesZ404Dined on 8/23/2014For the entree, I fought my desire to order from the menu and had the special, which was opah--a lovely thick cut of fish, perfectly cooked. With the entree comes a side salad, and the option to upgrade to a different salad or to add toppings; I was content with the simple salad, given the flavorful entree to follow. For dessert, also the special: a dark chocolate 'silk' pie with coconut--and with two half-scoops of coconut sorbet, a dash of tangy citrus coulis, and small bits of berry and citrus. Both dishes were unique and memorable. Our server was pleasant and helpful, answering questions when asked but not pushing her preferences. For those who haven't been, it's an attractive setting, but the food's the thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent get away and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The atmosphere, service and food were excellent. We had a great experience and will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeremyJeremyDined on 8/21/2014Excellent menu and wine list! I entertained a customer and my wife here and we all thought evertying was top notch from the food to the wine to the service. A truly wonderful experience!Special Features: