Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station
2400 Historic Decatur Rd.
San Diego, CA 92106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://figtreeeatery.com/
- Phone: 6197872483
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Daily: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Morreale
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station
Fig Tree Café began in the fall of 2008 with owner Johan Engman’s simple mission rooted in the creation of an inviting and genuine dining experience. Since opening the first location in Pacific Beach, Fig Tree Café planted a second restaurant in the middle of San Diego’s Hillcrest neighborhood at 416 University Avenue. In Hillcrest, Fig Tree Café features an urban modern open kitchen concept, enabling patrons to observe the culinary action. The eatery is easily intimate with chameleon-like characteristics. It operates as an on-the-go spot for daytime diners and transforms into the perfect setting for a romantic dinner after the sun goes down.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)good for groups (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014So we arrived here with our two boys for dinner. Got seated in a cramped indoor table even though we had reservations. Sat for 15 minutes. Watched as all the other tables around us were served and we were ignnored. Menu looked interesting, but we were too hungry to sit any longer and wait. We ended up leaving. I was really hoping to love this place. Too bad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014delicious food, surprisingly huge portions, friendly service - i plan to returnSpecial Features:
- Good find!AmirDined on 7/20/2014Menu and service here were awesome! Definitely glad we went. 100% going back soon.Special Features:
- OthejoyDined on 7/18/2014Man candy and jalapeño appetizers can't be missed. Beet salad great too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!DinersQuestDined on 6/22/2014A coupon brought us in, the food, service and ambience will bring us back. Leticia was our server and was very pleasant. The wine prices are reasonable and the food was fantastic! We ordered the Risotto of the day (Vegetarian) and the Catch of the day (Salmon). Both were nice size portions - enough to have lunch the next day. We also had the Fig Bread Pudding - YUM!!Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station reviews archive.
- Wine & Dine!Jet92037VIPDined on 4/4/2014Great neighborhood spot for good good and wine! Will be back for happy hour $5 appetizers!Special Features:
- poor service representationlocalVIPDined on 3/21/2014After we had our meal, the waitress said we could not pay by cc - she should have mentioned this issue beforehand. We were not happy with the slow service either and the hard seat chairs. oh well, we gave it a try. sorry.