Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station
2400 Historic Decatur Rd.
San Diego, CA 92106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://figtreeeatery.com/
- Phone: (619) 821-2044
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Daily: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Morreale
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station
Fig Tree Café began in the fall of 2008 with owner Johan Engman’s simple mission rooted in the creation of an inviting and genuine dining experience. Since opening the first location in Pacific Beach, Fig Tree Café planted a second restaurant in the middle of San Diego’s Hillcrest neighborhood at 416 University Avenue. In Hillcrest, Fig Tree Café features an urban modern open kitchen concept, enabling patrons to observe the culinary action. The eatery is easily intimate with chameleon-like characteristics. It operates as an on-the-go spot for daytime diners and transforms into the perfect setting for a romantic dinner after the sun goes down.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (8)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great Food & ServiceEatWellDined on 10/3/2014Our second time here and we really enjoyed our server (from Italy). She likes to tease. We loved the RW dinner menu. Appetizers, arugala salad, shellfish, the best meatballs. Entrees, flat iron steak and short ribs and jidori chicken. All excellent. Fig pudding and chocolate mousse cake were delish. Most of all enjoyed the service by the lady from Italy and the assistant waiters, too. All very nice. Well run kitchen.Special Features:
- Great wine pairings & bread puddingDatenightDined on 10/2/2014We came here for restaurant week. I really enjoyed the arugula salad and crispy eggplant (although the eggplant wasn't even warm). The flat iron steak was made exactly the doneness I asked for and the roasted vegetables were a great side. I haven't had bread pudding before but this one jump started my love of bread pudding. It was so warm and soft with just a little crunch along the edges, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.Special Features:
- hostess almost lost us at the doorfoodieDined on 9/26/2014We made last minute reservations on line. When we got there the hostess asked if we had reservations and made us wait to check to make sure we did. The place was empty and had about 50 tables opened. The bathroom smelled of urine. Only had one toilet for men and women. Food was good. The kale salad was amazing. Small portion in the skillet and a few clams were missing from the shells.more bread needed Taste was great.Special Features:
- Great Local PlaceSeenitalldinerDined on 9/9/2014I love this place, relaxed and great food. Being a GF diner, I couldn't ask for more. All is clearly marked and they are very accomodating. Love it!Special Features:
- Portobello friesLilRedFishVIPDined on 8/29/2014Are amazing Wow. Everything was good and they were very accomidating to kids. dessert on the other hand, meh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, easy parkinggoodfood4everVIPDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful meal, great ambiance, although noisy from aircraft departing overhead. Very good service from Letizia, interesting cocktails served in mason jars! Bruschetta was generous and tasty - very creative toppings. Pork chop was fabulous - juicy and tender, with generous serving of potato hash and a lovely wine sauce. Lobster ravioli were huge, but only 5 of them - even so, it was plenty for us. The chipotle sauce was smoky and rich, and the heat of the peppers was moderated by a generous dollop of mascarpone. Fig bread pudding was a little dry, but berry taco was superb. Novellum chardonnay was wonderful and well-priced. Plenty of choices of beer and a moderate selection of reasonably-priced wines, both by the glass and the bottle.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014So we arrived here with our two boys for dinner. Got seated in a cramped indoor table even though we had reservations. Sat for 15 minutes. Watched as all the other tables around us were served and we were ignnored. Menu looked interesting, but we were too hungry to sit any longer and wait. We ended up leaving. I was really hoping to love this place. Too bad.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Fig Tree Cafe - Liberty Station reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014delicious food, surprisingly huge portions, friendly service - i plan to returnSpecial Features:
- Good find!AmirDined on 7/20/2014Menu and service here were awesome! Definitely glad we went. 100% going back soon.Special Features:
- OthejoyDined on 7/18/2014Man candy and jalapeño appetizers can't be missed. Beet salad great too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!DinersQuestDined on 6/22/2014A coupon brought us in, the food, service and ambience will bring us back. Leticia was our server and was very pleasant. The wine prices are reasonable and the food was fantastic! We ordered the Risotto of the day (Vegetarian) and the Catch of the day (Salmon). Both were nice size portions - enough to have lunch the next day. We also had the Fig Bread Pudding - YUM!!Special Features:
- Wine & Dine!Jet92037VIPDined on 4/4/2014Great neighborhood spot for good good and wine! Will be back for happy hour $5 appetizers!Special Features:
- poor service representationlocalVIPDined on 3/21/2014After we had our meal, the waitress said we could not pay by cc - she should have mentioned this issue beforehand. We were not happy with the slow service either and the hard seat chairs. oh well, we gave it a try. sorry.