101 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.figsantamonica.com/
- Phone: (310) 319-3111
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM, daily
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Monday - Saturday
Dinner: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Tuesday - Saturday
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ray Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room with flat panel televisions and seating for up to 20.
- Private Party Contact: Shallamar Marchione 3103193111x
- Special Events: Please telephone us at (310) 319-3111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your special event at FIG.
A word from FIG
A seasonal bistro named after Santa Monica's famous landmark, the 123 year-old Moreton Bay Fig tree, placing strong emphasis on sustainability and indigenous ingredients. FIG features a frequently changing seasonal menu, Cheese and Charcuterie Bar, approachable wines by the glass, and a signature cocktail program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
FIG reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)great for brunch (34)good for groups (30)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (25)special occasion (20)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (14)romantic (13)notable wine list (10)scenic view (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- More hype than substance100WilshireDined on 11/19/2014This was the third time at FIG and each time has been a disappointment in one way or another. Because it is across the street from my office it was a convenient place to take clients for breakfast or lunch. This most recent visit will be my last. The menu had changed and was too limited and unappealing. The service attitude was cold and arrogant and the entire experience was overpriced for what was delivered.
- Perfect Meeting VenueJon9Dined on 11/14/2014I had made a reservation @FIG for a work meeting. I asked the girl to be seated in a quieter section of the restaurant. She did and it was very quiet and conducive setting for a meeting. The food was very delicious and the service was exceptional. Perfect place to talk business in the startup world and be productive while working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new chefrachSFtoLADined on 11/13/2014they have a new chef and have gotten rid of all of my favorite menu items!! very disappointing meal with mediocre food that is not nearly worth the cost. sad to say i probably will never return to a place that used to be one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Not sure I need to go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/4/2014My husband loved his chicken but my kale salad was not good and I couldn't find the kale in it. . Manchego appetizer was weird. It came in a jar in cubes. Odd presentation. I really miss the queso fundido.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014The menu changed - chicken salad was very boring, lots of lettuce, not much chicken and no flavor. Quiche was not available, no brick grilled chicken, no chicken sandwich. What happened? After frequenting Fig for several years I will no longer go back there and I will miss going to the Miramar at Xmastime.Special Features:
- FigmspsampsonDined on 10/28/2014service was great, food was very good; noise level options did not include: "noisy", or "too loud" which is what I would have chosen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mkshOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014They drastically changed menu. it used to be a creative with baked lavender appetizers, now they have ribs. It took me and my guests quite awhile to choose an entrée. Too casual for such a nice elegant placeSpecial Features:
- not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/24/2014Menu was disappointing. had once been a great steakhouse. Very fussy now. Not great quality meat, flavorings and preps are so so. Salads were not great. Had to send back brussel sprouts to be cooked more, and they came back black on one side and raw on the other. Service is good. Nice atmosphere. Waiter did his best but the menu and food just don't cut it.
- Great foodBretDined on 10/24/2014We enjoyed this restaurant. The food was well prepared, creative and just tasted good. The chopped salid was mixture of sweet and salty and hard and crunchy. The stuffed figs with blue cheese are great too.Special Features:
- Lovely settingPeperonicatDined on 10/23/2014Perfect ambience for a tasty lunch overlooking the pool and the sea view beyond.Special Features:
- Kill your drinkDrivebyDined on 10/22/2014The owner of this restaurant is vain enough to think that he can push his alcohol choices on his customers by excluding all the typical top shelf liquors from the bar. I selected two others and sent both back trying to "play along" with his game and failed. The menu is interesting and creative but when they arrived at the table the taste was not as interesting and we are gourmet eaters. Granted we were tired so I will give them some slack and the waiter did a great job of trying to please us. It was terribly loud and so dark that it was hard to read the menus and see our food. We are not 80 years old but one of us in in our 40's one in her 50's and one in his 60's. It is beautiful and other people appeared to be having a good time.
- Great brunch!PCdinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food was great. The 125 year old fig tree in front of the Hotel where the restaurant is located is beautiful! The service was great and completely unpretentious.Special Features:
- Almost perfectBRAVO1017VIPDined on 10/12/2014I never complain. Food was excellent like always, ambience is high energy and people are beutiful. The only thing is the restuarant knot making a note of your reservations even after a 3 time comunication of asking for a table anywhere EXCEPT IN THE FRONT. They had given our table away and My party and I got seated in the front. (knot desirable). Other than that you cant go wrong at Laurel Hardware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuvGdFoodNSrvcDined on 10/11/2014Service was less than expected. The waitress got the order wrong, there was confusion on who ordered what, she wasn't very friendly, and we had to flag her down when we needed something since she wasn't coming back to check on us. Mostly the food was okay. The standouts were rhe bacon wrapped bacon and the strawberry tres leches cake. Worst of all it took 40 minutes to get our car back at the valet and not even an apology or updates in the car's status. We had to go back several times to ask abiyt the car and each time the response was, "It's coming."
- A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!SamShakerDined on 10/10/2014Great food and great service!...just as it was 4 years ago when my wife and I got married at The Fairmont.Special Features:
- Ask for Oscar....NekoDonoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Oscar is by far one of the best server's we have experienced in the US. The food is very good but be forewarned of massive portions especially for those from outside the US. The quality of the food is great and this is a great spot. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Not so much FIGjaquidrovoVIPDined on 9/28/2014Very limited menu. The dish I ordered, lobster benedict, was cold. Even the egg was cold. the plum bellini was minimal. A bit of a stingy pour. For the prices they charge, I was expecting more and better. Will not be coming back here to eat. but the ambiance is good, so drinks with a friend is still a possibility. The service was really good, though. Very attentive.Special Features:
- Always excellent!cathieloloVIPDined on 9/28/2014Thanks for always being great. The only thing was I requested Oscar, was seated in his section, but didn't get Oscar. NOT COOL.Special Features:
- UnimpressedYumbobDined on 9/26/2014Photos on yelp looked great, menu items sounded yummy. Reality didn't live up to the expectations. Food was less than meh but the wait staff friendly enough to make up for the snotty seating lady
- Pricey but goodradmanVIPDined on 9/21/2014Lovely luxury hotel setting, excellent food and interesting menu choices. But beware the somewhat higher prices, and that's not even allowing for the modest portion size.Special Features:
- Never fails to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014My favorite place for breakfast or lunch meetings. Food is great with lots of delicious and healthy choices. Brought a friend from out of town who exlaim this is the LA people dream of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feed Me!!NatydDined on 9/12/2014Best thing you can do at this restaurant is choose the "feed me" option. The chef prepares you a variety of different dishes for you to try and share. Always different! Depending on the best ingredients of the season, you receive a nice variety of the most succulent dishes. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Flavorful Inventive French/AmerDineWithGregVIPDined on 9/5/2014Hidden away in Santa Monica's Fairmont Miramar Hotel. FIG is a fab find serving inventive comfort food with a French/New American flair using Farmer's Mkt fresh organic ingredients Not your typical mainstream hotel restaurant faire, instead, Chef Ray Garcia adds his unique touch to create flavorful dishes that sound so good you don't no what to choose. Don't worry, however, there isn't a miss on his menu so you won't go wrong. The only disappoint was not being able to taste everything on the menu! Tasting is believing, however, so save room for dessert or a cheese plate (or just have one as a starter)!! The service was delightful and we thouroughly enjoyed our dinner. We are looking forward to returning for Sunday brunch soon.Special Features:
- Great TimeILoveLAVIPDined on 8/30/2014Ask for the semi-private two top near the door. It was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service from our waitercrllvfdDined on 8/30/2014Our waiter is outstanding. He is very attentive and efficient. Sorry I cannot recall his name. The food was memorable! However the hostess could use some training on hospitality and how to smile and greet guest. We arrived 30 minutes early. At that time the restaurant had many available tables until we left after about 1 and half hour later. I was disappointed that we were placed at the farthest corner near the service area. I thought the restaurant must be booked so I did not say anything. May I suggest that the hostess or manager or the Chef sit in that corner to experience what type of ambience you want your guest to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent service, open late, great to have in the neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible, noisy, bad servicebonappetitVIPDined on 8/23/2014Over priced food wasn't anything much and the sides were forgotten till we asked twice and by the time delivered we'd finished dinner. Total hotel rip-off.
- Excellent as always!cathieloloVIPDined on 8/23/2014Thanks, Fig, for making our lunch on Saturday, a beautiful one! You're THE BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy4thetummyyummy4thetummyDined on 8/9/2014presentation of food is nice, however it was mediocre at best...very bland. over priced for quality of food. there were four of us dining and we ordered about 6 plates between us so we had a variety and it just wasn't tasty. plate of cookies was microwaved...some were cold in the middle. some seating is right outside by the pool with...who wants that to hear that noise? our waiter was friendly, did not know his menu very well, slow service. he was MIA most of the time. won't go back.
- Bad Table PlacementLunch1Dined on 8/9/2014This would probably be a 5 star review if we had a better table. We were seated at a table in the middle of a walkway that was the main thoroughfare for waiters. It did not appear this area was ever intended for a table. Back of my guest's chair was regularly bumped by people passing by and he had to move when a mom with a stroller wanted to exit. I made our reservation weeks in advance and expected better treatment. Hotel is beautiful. Food was good. Service was adequate. But the whole experience was affected by the interruptions to our conversation caused by my friend being in an active walkway.Special Features:
- Good food, not so good servicedrewdavenDined on 8/8/2014Food and atmosphere was great. Service could be improved. Host and hostess were both very nice and picked up the ball where the server dropped it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB, AS ALWAYS!cathieloloVIPDined on 8/3/2014Brought another Fig "virgin" with me and he was very impressed. We were lucky enough to get my favorite server, Oscar, who is always THE BEST. All A+++++!!Special Features:
- DisappointingGlutenfreefoodieDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated our anniversary at FIG; we also stayed at the hotel. Food was disappointing and unimpressive. Will not go back again and will look for a different hotel for our next staycation with a better dinning experience.Special Features:
- Loved every aspectfoodiewannabeDined on 7/31/2014FIG did not disappoint! The food, environment, and our waiter, Raul, we're all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodjrobinsonVIPDined on 7/29/2014This was our second time at this hotel based restaurant and it did not disappoint. The place is small, pretty and the food is great. The diners are a mixture of tourists wearing shorts with kids to well dressed westsiders. I had the meat loaf (super) and my wife the steak. Both excellent.Special Features:
- The following 779 reviews are from the FIG reviews archive.
- Not up to expectationsOliveDined on 7/28/2014Had to wait at 10 min for drink orders called a waiter that was not ours he was rude and roll his eyes at us. I had the halibut no taste what so ever. Was looking forward due to la times reviews very disappointed . Not worth the time or money. Spent $230 for lunch
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014We went for a Sunday brunch. The food was unfortunately underwhelming; perhaps we ordered incorrectly, but it was very much not worth the price, even with the beautiful location factored in. The $5 a la carte croissant was poor and infinitely worse than the Trader Joe's frozen croissants. My corned beef hash was decent but not special. My friend's shrimp and grits had what I thought was way too much tomato in the sauce, and the grits were a little bit on the dry side. The extra scrambled eggs on the side were worse than those from most diners and cost us an extra $6 (I think).
- Never returningRWrightDined on 7/24/2014This was our second time to done at Fig and our last. The first time was great and the second abysmal. The service was awful - we were seated 20 min before we were even acknowledged. The menu selections weren't appealing and then my entree was served practically raw. When I inquired, the head waiter argued a bit before apologizing. It still wasn't good even if it had been cooked properly the first time. Expensive, snooty, poor quality.
- PhyllDined on 7/19/2014We dined at The Fig fir breakfast, lunch and dinner. The service was exceptional on each occasion as was the food. We will be returning on our next trip. Thankyou for an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- chowhoundDined on 7/19/2014We ordered the chef's special. Dishes ran from fair to outstanding. Some very unique dishes. Noise level a bit high…not the place to go to for an anniversary or an intimate get-together. Our dinner was early so we had noisy kids around us that would not have been an issue if we had arrived later. We will try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.