101 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.figsantamonica.com/
- Phone: 3103193111x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM, daily
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Monday - Saturday
Dinner: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Tuesday - Saturday
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ray Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room with flat panel televisions and seating for up to 20.
- Private Party Contact: Shallamar Marchione 3103193111x
- Special Events: Please telephone us at (310) 319-3111 or email us at email@example.com to plan your special event at FIG.
A word from FIG
A seasonal bistro named after Santa Monica's famous landmark, the 123 year-old Moreton Bay Fig tree, placing strong emphasis on sustainability and indigenous ingredients. FIG features a frequently changing seasonal menu, Cheese and Charcuterie Bar, approachable wines by the glass, and a signature cocktail program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
FIG reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)great for brunch (35)great for outdoor dining (33)great for lunch (33)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (20)hot spot (17)good for groups (15)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (13)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (9)late-night find (5)Show More
- Great service from our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter is outstanding. He is very attentive and efficient. Sorry I cannot recall his name. The food was memorable! However the hostess could use some training on hospitality and how to smile and greet guest. We arrived 30 minutes early. At that time the restaurant had many available tables until we left after about 1 and half hour later. I was disappointed that we were placed at the farthest corner near the service area. I thought the restaurant must be booked so I did not say anything. May I suggest that the hostess or manager or the Chef sit in that corner to experience what type of ambience you want your guest to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent service, open late, great to have in the neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible, noisy, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Over priced food wasn't anything much and the sides were forgotten till we asked twice and by the time delivered we'd finished dinner. Total hotel rip-off.
- Excellent as always!cathieloloVIPDined on 8/23/2014Thanks, Fig, for making our lunch on Saturday, a beautiful one! You're THE BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy4thetummyyummy4thetummyDined on 8/9/2014presentation of food is nice, however it was mediocre at best...very bland. over priced for quality of food. there were four of us dining and we ordered about 6 plates between us so we had a variety and it just wasn't tasty. plate of cookies was microwaved...some were cold in the middle. some seating is right outside by the pool with...who wants that to hear that noise? our waiter was friendly, did not know his menu very well, slow service. he was MIA most of the time. won't go back.
- Bad Table PlacementLunch1Dined on 8/9/2014This would probably be a 5 star review if we had a better table. We were seated at a table in the middle of a walkway that was the main thoroughfare for waiters. It did not appear this area was ever intended for a table. Back of my guest's chair was regularly bumped by people passing by and he had to move when a mom with a stroller wanted to exit. I made our reservation weeks in advance and expected better treatment. Hotel is beautiful. Food was good. Service was adequate. But the whole experience was affected by the interruptions to our conversation caused by my friend being in an active walkway.Special Features:
- Good food, not so good servicedrewdavenDined on 8/8/2014Food and atmosphere was great. Service could be improved. Host and hostess were both very nice and picked up the ball where the server dropped it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB, AS ALWAYS!cathieloloVIPDined on 8/3/2014Brought another Fig "virgin" with me and he was very impressed. We were lucky enough to get my favorite server, Oscar, who is always THE BEST. All A+++++!!Special Features:
- DisappointingGlutenfreefoodieDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated our anniversary at FIG; we also stayed at the hotel. Food was disappointing and unimpressive. Will not go back again and will look for a different hotel for our next staycation with a better dinning experience.Special Features:
- Loved every aspectfoodiewannabeDined on 7/31/2014FIG did not disappoint! The food, environment, and our waiter, Raul, we're all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menuesd714Dined on 7/31/2014We kicked off a week long swing through CA from SoCal to NoCal here and were not let down. We did the chef's choice tasting menu, and there was a lot of food - some of it new to us and a lot of it. The food quality was on the money - we probably should have said no steak as well to dig a little deeper into the entree menu. Apps and deserts were great, and the wait staff did a great job with pairings and keeping the plates rotated. Two knocks: 1. We sat along the door to the pool area - inside but with a great view. It's very loud inside. Tough to hear table conversation. 2. The table was very small for the amount of food, drinks and condiments. At one point we had to put the water bottle on the floor so there was room for plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodjrobinsonVIPDined on 7/29/2014This was our second time at this hotel based restaurant and it did not disappoint. The place is small, pretty and the food is great. The diners are a mixture of tourists wearing shorts with kids to well dressed westsiders. I had the meat loaf (super) and my wife the steak. Both excellent.Special Features:
- Not up to expectationsOliveDined on 7/28/2014Had to wait at 10 min for drink orders called a waiter that was not ours he was rude and roll his eyes at us. I had the halibut no taste what so ever. Was looking forward due to la times reviews very disappointed . Not worth the time or money. Spent $230 for lunch
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014We went for a Sunday brunch. The food was unfortunately underwhelming; perhaps we ordered incorrectly, but it was very much not worth the price, even with the beautiful location factored in. The $5 a la carte croissant was poor and infinitely worse than the Trader Joe's frozen croissants. My corned beef hash was decent but not special. My friend's shrimp and grits had what I thought was way too much tomato in the sauce, and the grits were a little bit on the dry side. The extra scrambled eggs on the side were worse than those from most diners and cost us an extra $6 (I think).
- Never returningRWrightDined on 7/24/2014This was our second time to done at Fig and our last. The first time was great and the second abysmal. The service was awful - we were seated 20 min before we were even acknowledged. The menu selections weren't appealing and then my entree was served practically raw. When I inquired, the head waiter argued a bit before apologizing. It still wasn't good even if it had been cooked properly the first time. Expensive, snooty, poor quality.
- PhyllDined on 7/19/2014We dined at The Fig fir breakfast, lunch and dinner. The service was exceptional on each occasion as was the food. We will be returning on our next trip. Thankyou for an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- chowhoundDined on 7/19/2014We ordered the chef's special. Dishes ran from fair to outstanding. Some very unique dishes. Noise level a bit high…not the place to go to for an anniversary or an intimate get-together. Our dinner was early so we had noisy kids around us that would not have been an issue if we had arrived later. We will try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alone In The Dark2dark4meVIPDined on 7/18/2014If you're not seated at a window-table in this charming restaurant, buyer beware. Those "fringe" areas are decidedly lacking in ambiance and very poorly lit. A good seat will allow you to forgive the mediocrity of the food and service at Fig. While Fig aspires to have an innovative and clever menu, the reveal is simply "nice enough" (the vegetable curry) or "fine" (the chicken and fish). The real happening appears to be in the bungalows just outside of the hotel lobby. Sadly, we were just about 10 years too old for that animated scene.Special Features:
- Great experienceBingoDined on 7/16/2014Thus is not our first time at FIG but the new 'Feed Me' menu designed by chef Ray is very much worth a try. Great quality and big servings.Special Features:
- over ratedenjoyfinediningDined on 7/12/2014Well, we had a reservation for 8:00pm and they ran out of few things on the menu already like the one fish dish they offered. Great service, great ambiance and food was good but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion - near the beachJoleneVIPDined on 7/10/2014Beautiful indoor/outdoor dining room. Interesting drink list and well-executed menu. Would recommend for a special occasion or romantic dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineRobTVIPDined on 7/6/2014It was fine. My meal and cocktail were very tasty. My wife's meal was mediocre. She had some bad cheese cooked into it. I mentioned it to the waiter and he brushed it off saying its suppose to taste like that. However I serve Oaxaca cheese often at home, and it never has that horrendous taste and nose. Overall the waiter just seemed too cool for school. After not checking in on us at all during meal time, he stopped over and said 'unless you need something, here's your bill'; enter cheese question, followed quickly by my credit card. We were so excited to done here for brunch and it turned out to be quite disappointing; and I was hoping to get a cap and dessert, but I guess he didn't want to serve us anymore.Special Features:
- BrunchLAFoodDined on 7/6/2014I had the best lemon ricotta pancakes ever here! My husband also enjoyed his eggs benedict. The service was outstanding: they brought us both second carafes of coffee without us asking and didn't push us through the meal.Special Features:
- Great FindsnacktimeDined on 7/4/2014Easy reservation. Great wine selection, great starters/interesting takes on staples (mussels are a must), delicious and creative entrées (risotto, ceviche, Ivory salmon), great service. 80s loud rock Music was weird for the venue and really took away from otherwise wonderful ambiance. Also on a friday night movies showing at the pool could be heard thru the restaurant. That should be taken into account. Love rock music but seemed better set for a dive bar. Recommended to try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought another Fig "virgin" :)cathieloloVIPDined on 7/4/2014Love introducing friends to Fig, which I did again to celebrate the 4th of July. She loved everything about Fig, as did I, as always. Oscar, you're the best waiter. Adore you. Thank you, Fig!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless.johndpDined on 6/29/2014It's a lovely restaurant, but the food my family and I ate was virtually devoid of taste. The ingredients looked so promising in the menu, but something went very when combining then. It was bland at best, and some dishes were downright unappetizing. I wouldn't go again.
- Reliably goodDrShorterDined on 6/29/2014We had a very nice brunch at Fig. The food was good, though overpriced. While I think that's a bit normal in West LA, you still have to consider that they cut up less than a cup of cantaloupe, less than a cup of unsweet honeydew, threw on less than 1/4 of nectarine and a few cherries and charged 12.00. The wine list is short but quite good. The restaurant is well designed, though you can't help remember you're eating in a hotel with all the windows looking toward a pool and humans in various shapes and sizes wearing swimwear in various shapes and sizes. But by far, the best thing about Fig is their service. From the host stand, to the bar, to the best waiter I've ever had, Fig's staff is top notch.Special Features:
- Expensive and badEZ2PleaseDined on 6/28/2014First, you have to have nerve to charge for bread and butter. Yes, the bread was good and the butter was delicious, but for the prices charged for everything else, it's insulting. Second, my Spinach Ceasar with Soft Boiled Egg came with a hard-boiled egg. When I asked for the soft-boiled egg mentioned on the menu, I was assured it would show up in five minutes (which, BTW, would mean another hard-boiled egg) but it never did. The tomato soup was too sweet. The asparagus with Hollandaise? Asparagus was way underdone and the hollandaise tasted like butter and egg. No tart lemon taste anywhere. My tablemates suffered as well. All this and we paid 50pp (no booze) for the "privledge." DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!
- Hotel FoodAlwaysTryingDined on 6/27/2014Better than average for a hotel, but that's all. Nothing special in selection, taste, or presentation. Priced for fine dining but certainly isn't.Special Features:
- DisappointingmacjacVIPDined on 6/26/2014Food is mediocre, menu is small and uninspiring. Too expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- PSILoveFoodVIPDined on 6/20/2014We were seated outside by the pool, which was absolutely great until the hotel started to play a movie really loudly. The table next to us and my table have complained, and the restaurant manager was nice enough to take care of the matter. Great service.
- Good food good serviceExplorerDined on 6/18/2014Worth going there, i strongly recommend. Nice atmosphere with the quality service. Delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day DisappointmentdsimonukDined on 6/15/2014Noisy table at entrance, not in main restaurant, waited 45 minutes for food, management unsympathetic and did not make any attempt to move our table though tables were available in main restaurant, customers seated after our party were served and finished before we were served. To have this aggravation on a special day for two fathers and their families was insulting, unprofessional, unacceptable and we will never go there again. The managers had a "holier than though" attitude and tried to bribe us with a taco tray when we were having breakfast. They could not even get that right. Shame on Fig and their management, inability to handle a large crowd on Father's Day. $160 down the drain.
- A lovely surprise2diners9Dined on 6/14/2014As out of towners who attend theater in L.A., we enjoy trying new dining spots. While this is not the best we've tried, it was good. The food was lovely, service a little slow and they were kind enough to seat us outside by the pool with a heater since the inside was very noisy. We enjoyed seeing this pretty hotel by the ocean and overall it was a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night?jagronDined on 6/10/2014Went highly recommended. I planned on ordering a specialty entree but asked for a recommendation from the server and he steered me to the steak. More like mistake. Ordered medium rare first one came out medium well. Sent it back. 5 min later new one comes out. Closer to medium but was with a client so just took it (sans sides, sauces etc.). Was pan fried and just ok. Then a third came out (5 min more) with the sides and appropriate accompaniments, but they just left the sides. Was very odd. Server didn't even apologize for the first steak, just took it and ran. Very strange.Special Features:
- ReservationVeniceguestDined on 6/4/2014We reserved on line with a special request for a nice table for our special occasion. When we arrived we were taken to the worst table in the entire restaurant, near the front door. We reminded the hostess of our request, which she apparently knew about and said this was the only table she had. There was no offer to wait for another table or effort to accommodate. Later another colleague told us if we waited there was a table ready to leave. We were not happy with the service or attitude of the front desk.Special Features:
- Great food, below average serviceeurambabaDined on 5/31/2014Anyone who comes will love the food and ambience. However, the service was totally unacceptable...we arrived about 30 minutes early for an 8:30 reservation, and were told that it shouldn't be too long for a table. After about a half hour, I inquired about our table, and was told that it would be ready any second. After another 15 minutes had elapsed, I went back up to the maitre d, and was again told that the table would be ready any second. I had to ask for a third time ten minutes later, before someone finally got our table ready. No one at the front of the house offered a free drink, or even so much as an apology. I find it totally shocking that a nice restaurant would make customers wait 30 minutes past a reservation time.Special Features:
- Just OK but willing to try againBornToEatVIPDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I ate at FIG to celebrate our anniversary. He ordered the meatloaf and it was superb; I had the chicken and it was meh. The service was just okay; the hostess wasn't very welcoming and our server got really busy toward the end of our meal and we hardly saw him. We had to flag him down for our check. We ate out on the small terrace overlooking the pool and it was lovely, especially as it got dark. Overall I would say FIG was good but not great. I confess I was expecting more given the restaurant's recent rankings in LA Magazine and Jonathan Gold's Top 101 restaurants list. Maybe our waiter was having a bad night, and perhaps the chicken is not the thing to order, so I'd be willing to go back again and try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunchDuddobayoDined on 5/29/2014Delicious entrees, fresh juice and coffee, wonderful bar, and impressive wine list. I'll have to come back for dinner soon! Was a touch pricey, even for the location and surrounding amenities. But, was one of the more enjoyable brunches I've had in Santa Monica.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!sunnystephDined on 5/25/2014Just saw the film, CHEF so walked over to brunch and had a delicious farm to table food experience at FIG! Yummy tacos! Loved the fish & carnitas...and, split the cobb salad, also fresh and wonderful! Outstanding service! One of my new neighborhood favorites!!Special Features: