101 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.figsantamonica.com/
- Phone: 3103193111x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM, daily
Lunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Monday - Saturday
Dinner: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Tuesday - Saturday
Sunday Brunch: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ray Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room with flat panel televisions and seating for up to 20.
- Private Party Contact: Shallamar Marchione 3103193111x
- Special Events: Please telephone us at (310) 319-3111 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your special event at FIG.
A word from FIG
A seasonal bistro named after Santa Monica's famous landmark, the 123 year-old Moreton Bay Fig tree, placing strong emphasis on sustainability and indigenous ingredients. FIG features a frequently changing seasonal menu, Cheese and Charcuterie Bar, approachable wines by the glass, and a signature cocktail program.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
FIG reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)great for brunch (35)great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (25)great for lunch (25)special occasion (22)romantic (14)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (8)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great brunch!PCdinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food was great. The 125 year old fig tree in front of the Hotel where the restaurant is located is beautiful! The service was great and completely unpretentious.Special Features:
- Almost perfectBRAVO1017VIPDined on 10/12/2014I never complain. Food was excellent like always, ambience is high energy and people are beutiful. The only thing is the restuarant knot making a note of your reservations even after a 3 time comunication of asking for a table anywhere EXCEPT IN THE FRONT. They had given our table away and My party and I got seated in the front. (knot desirable). Other than that you cant go wrong at Laurel Hardware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuvGdFoodNSrvcDined on 10/11/2014Service was less than expected. The waitress got the order wrong, there was confusion on who ordered what, she wasn't very friendly, and we had to flag her down when we needed something since she wasn't coming back to check on us. Mostly the food was okay. The standouts were rhe bacon wrapped bacon and the strawberry tres leches cake. Worst of all it took 40 minutes to get our car back at the valet and not even an apology or updates in the car's status. We had to go back several times to ask abiyt the car and each time the response was, "It's coming."
- A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!SamShakerDined on 10/10/2014Great food and great service!...just as it was 4 years ago when my wife and I got married at The Fairmont.Special Features:
- Ask for Oscar....NekoDonoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Oscar is by far one of the best server's we have experienced in the US. The food is very good but be forewarned of massive portions especially for those from outside the US. The quality of the food is great and this is a great spot. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Not so much FIGjaquidrovoVIPDined on 9/28/2014Very limited menu. The dish I ordered, lobster benedict, was cold. Even the egg was cold. the plum bellini was minimal. A bit of a stingy pour. For the prices they charge, I was expecting more and better. Will not be coming back here to eat. but the ambiance is good, so drinks with a friend is still a possibility. The service was really good, though. Very attentive.Special Features:
- Always excellent!cathieloloVIPDined on 9/28/2014Thanks for always being great. The only thing was I requested Oscar, was seated in his section, but didn't get Oscar. NOT COOL.Special Features:
- UnimpressedYumbobDined on 9/26/2014Photos on yelp looked great, menu items sounded yummy. Reality didn't live up to the expectations. Food was less than meh but the wait staff friendly enough to make up for the snotty seating lady
- Pricey but goodradmanVIPDined on 9/21/2014Lovely luxury hotel setting, excellent food and interesting menu choices. But beware the somewhat higher prices, and that's not even allowing for the modest portion size.Special Features:
- Never fails to impressOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014My favorite place for breakfast or lunch meetings. Food is great with lots of delicious and healthy choices. Brought a friend from out of town who exlaim this is the LA people dream of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feed Me!!NatydDined on 9/12/2014Best thing you can do at this restaurant is choose the "feed me" option. The chef prepares you a variety of different dishes for you to try and share. Always different! Depending on the best ingredients of the season, you receive a nice variety of the most succulent dishes. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab Flavorful Inventive French/AmerDineWithGregVIPDined on 9/5/2014Hidden away in Santa Monica's Fairmont Miramar Hotel. FIG is a fab find serving inventive comfort food with a French/New American flair using Farmer's Mkt fresh organic ingredients Not your typical mainstream hotel restaurant faire, instead, Chef Ray Garcia adds his unique touch to create flavorful dishes that sound so good you don't no what to choose. Don't worry, however, there isn't a miss on his menu so you won't go wrong. The only disappoint was not being able to taste everything on the menu! Tasting is believing, however, so save room for dessert or a cheese plate (or just have one as a starter)!! The service was delightful and we thouroughly enjoyed our dinner. We are looking forward to returning for Sunday brunch soon.Special Features:
- Great TimeILoveLAVIPDined on 8/30/2014Ask for the semi-private two top near the door. It was very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service from our waitercrllvfdDined on 8/30/2014Our waiter is outstanding. He is very attentive and efficient. Sorry I cannot recall his name. The food was memorable! However the hostess could use some training on hospitality and how to smile and greet guest. We arrived 30 minutes early. At that time the restaurant had many available tables until we left after about 1 and half hour later. I was disappointed that we were placed at the farthest corner near the service area. I thought the restaurant must be booked so I did not say anything. May I suggest that the hostess or manager or the Chef sit in that corner to experience what type of ambience you want your guest to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent service, open late, great to have in the neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible, noisy, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Over priced food wasn't anything much and the sides were forgotten till we asked twice and by the time delivered we'd finished dinner. Total hotel rip-off.
- Excellent as always!cathieloloVIPDined on 8/23/2014Thanks, Fig, for making our lunch on Saturday, a beautiful one! You're THE BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy4thetummyyummy4thetummyDined on 8/9/2014presentation of food is nice, however it was mediocre at best...very bland. over priced for quality of food. there were four of us dining and we ordered about 6 plates between us so we had a variety and it just wasn't tasty. plate of cookies was microwaved...some were cold in the middle. some seating is right outside by the pool with...who wants that to hear that noise? our waiter was friendly, did not know his menu very well, slow service. he was MIA most of the time. won't go back.
- Bad Table PlacementLunch1Dined on 8/9/2014This would probably be a 5 star review if we had a better table. We were seated at a table in the middle of a walkway that was the main thoroughfare for waiters. It did not appear this area was ever intended for a table. Back of my guest's chair was regularly bumped by people passing by and he had to move when a mom with a stroller wanted to exit. I made our reservation weeks in advance and expected better treatment. Hotel is beautiful. Food was good. Service was adequate. But the whole experience was affected by the interruptions to our conversation caused by my friend being in an active walkway.Special Features:
- Good food, not so good servicedrewdavenDined on 8/8/2014Food and atmosphere was great. Service could be improved. Host and hostess were both very nice and picked up the ball where the server dropped it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB, AS ALWAYS!cathieloloVIPDined on 8/3/2014Brought another Fig "virgin" with me and he was very impressed. We were lucky enough to get my favorite server, Oscar, who is always THE BEST. All A+++++!!Special Features:
- DisappointingGlutenfreefoodieDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated our anniversary at FIG; we also stayed at the hotel. Food was disappointing and unimpressive. Will not go back again and will look for a different hotel for our next staycation with a better dinning experience.Special Features:
- Loved every aspectfoodiewannabeDined on 7/31/2014FIG did not disappoint! The food, environment, and our waiter, Raul, we're all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menuesd714Dined on 7/31/2014We kicked off a week long swing through CA from SoCal to NoCal here and were not let down. We did the chef's choice tasting menu, and there was a lot of food - some of it new to us and a lot of it. The food quality was on the money - we probably should have said no steak as well to dig a little deeper into the entree menu. Apps and deserts were great, and the wait staff did a great job with pairings and keeping the plates rotated. Two knocks: 1. We sat along the door to the pool area - inside but with a great view. It's very loud inside. Tough to hear table conversation. 2. The table was very small for the amount of food, drinks and condiments. At one point we had to put the water bottle on the floor so there was room for plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodjrobinsonVIPDined on 7/29/2014This was our second time at this hotel based restaurant and it did not disappoint. The place is small, pretty and the food is great. The diners are a mixture of tourists wearing shorts with kids to well dressed westsiders. I had the meat loaf (super) and my wife the steak. Both excellent.Special Features:
- Not up to expectationsOliveDined on 7/28/2014Had to wait at 10 min for drink orders called a waiter that was not ours he was rude and roll his eyes at us. I had the halibut no taste what so ever. Was looking forward due to la times reviews very disappointed . Not worth the time or money. Spent $230 for lunch
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014We went for a Sunday brunch. The food was unfortunately underwhelming; perhaps we ordered incorrectly, but it was very much not worth the price, even with the beautiful location factored in. The $5 a la carte croissant was poor and infinitely worse than the Trader Joe's frozen croissants. My corned beef hash was decent but not special. My friend's shrimp and grits had what I thought was way too much tomato in the sauce, and the grits were a little bit on the dry side. The extra scrambled eggs on the side were worse than those from most diners and cost us an extra $6 (I think).
- Never returningRWrightDined on 7/24/2014This was our second time to done at Fig and our last. The first time was great and the second abysmal. The service was awful - we were seated 20 min before we were even acknowledged. The menu selections weren't appealing and then my entree was served practically raw. When I inquired, the head waiter argued a bit before apologizing. It still wasn't good even if it had been cooked properly the first time. Expensive, snooty, poor quality.
- PhyllDined on 7/19/2014We dined at The Fig fir breakfast, lunch and dinner. The service was exceptional on each occasion as was the food. We will be returning on our next trip. Thankyou for an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- chowhoundDined on 7/19/2014We ordered the chef's special. Dishes ran from fair to outstanding. Some very unique dishes. Noise level a bit high…not the place to go to for an anniversary or an intimate get-together. Our dinner was early so we had noisy kids around us that would not have been an issue if we had arrived later. We will try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alone In The Dark2dark4meVIPDined on 7/18/2014If you're not seated at a window-table in this charming restaurant, buyer beware. Those "fringe" areas are decidedly lacking in ambiance and very poorly lit. A good seat will allow you to forgive the mediocrity of the food and service at Fig. While Fig aspires to have an innovative and clever menu, the reveal is simply "nice enough" (the vegetable curry) or "fine" (the chicken and fish). The real happening appears to be in the bungalows just outside of the hotel lobby. Sadly, we were just about 10 years too old for that animated scene.Special Features:
- Great experienceBingoDined on 7/16/2014Thus is not our first time at FIG but the new 'Feed Me' menu designed by chef Ray is very much worth a try. Great quality and big servings.Special Features:
- over ratedenjoyfinediningDined on 7/12/2014Well, we had a reservation for 8:00pm and they ran out of few things on the menu already like the one fish dish they offered. Great service, great ambiance and food was good but nothing spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion - near the beachJoleneVIPDined on 7/10/2014Beautiful indoor/outdoor dining room. Interesting drink list and well-executed menu. Would recommend for a special occasion or romantic dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineRobTVIPDined on 7/6/2014It was fine. My meal and cocktail were very tasty. My wife's meal was mediocre. She had some bad cheese cooked into it. I mentioned it to the waiter and he brushed it off saying its suppose to taste like that. However I serve Oaxaca cheese often at home, and it never has that horrendous taste and nose. Overall the waiter just seemed too cool for school. After not checking in on us at all during meal time, he stopped over and said 'unless you need something, here's your bill'; enter cheese question, followed quickly by my credit card. We were so excited to done here for brunch and it turned out to be quite disappointing; and I was hoping to get a cap and dessert, but I guess he didn't want to serve us anymore.Special Features:
- BrunchLAFoodDined on 7/6/2014I had the best lemon ricotta pancakes ever here! My husband also enjoyed his eggs benedict. The service was outstanding: they brought us both second carafes of coffee without us asking and didn't push us through the meal.Special Features:
- Great FindsnacktimeDined on 7/4/2014Easy reservation. Great wine selection, great starters/interesting takes on staples (mussels are a must), delicious and creative entrées (risotto, ceviche, Ivory salmon), great service. 80s loud rock Music was weird for the venue and really took away from otherwise wonderful ambiance. Also on a friday night movies showing at the pool could be heard thru the restaurant. That should be taken into account. Love rock music but seemed better set for a dive bar. Recommended to try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought another Fig "virgin" :)cathieloloVIPDined on 7/4/2014Love introducing friends to Fig, which I did again to celebrate the 4th of July. She loved everything about Fig, as did I, as always. Oscar, you're the best waiter. Adore you. Thank you, Fig!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless.johndpDined on 6/29/2014It's a lovely restaurant, but the food my family and I ate was virtually devoid of taste. The ingredients looked so promising in the menu, but something went very when combining then. It was bland at best, and some dishes were downright unappetizing. I wouldn't go again.
- Reliably goodDrShorterVIPDined on 6/29/2014We had a very nice brunch at Fig. The food was good, though overpriced. While I think that's a bit normal in West LA, you still have to consider that they cut up less than a cup of cantaloupe, less than a cup of unsweet honeydew, threw on less than 1/4 of nectarine and a few cherries and charged 12.00. The wine list is short but quite good. The restaurant is well designed, though you can't help remember you're eating in a hotel with all the windows looking toward a pool and humans in various shapes and sizes wearing swimwear in various shapes and sizes. But by far, the best thing about Fig is their service. From the host stand, to the bar, to the best waiter I've ever had, Fig's staff is top notch.Special Features: