232 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatfig.com/
- Phone: 8438055900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar Opens Monday - Saturday at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Mike Lata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from FIG
Upscale Neighborhood Bistro serving a daily changing menu with seasonal, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
FIG reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (170)special occasion (131)romantic (88)neighborhood gem (84)hot spot (76)notable wine list (64)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (24)late-night find (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food. Great service. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Food, drinks, wine, and service were all top notch. Easily one of the best of the best of CharlestonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in Charleston!CynthiaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Came here whit new husband for quick trip post wedding from NYC and we were not disappointed! Really enjoyed every bite and moment here! Wonderful meal, would love to try the coddled egg next time.Special Features:
- Always consistent!!!JDM225VIPDined on 9/15/2014Well worth it every single time. Delicious food with vibrant flavors that amaze your taste buds in every bite. Reserve in advance for sure to be sure you get in. In a town of lots of foodie restaurants, this is among the very, VERY best. Must try if you haven't.Special Features:
- figOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Waiter was excellent(Walt). Food was not up to expectations for the price. Not bad but not outstanding.
- Good food...fresh ingredientsNancyDined on 9/15/2014Good food...fresh ingredients. Gnocchi was great. Rock shrimp delicious. Tartare yummy. Cheese plate fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodGourmetCatDined on 9/13/2014Great service and fabulous food. Noise level lively so not for a romantic dinner, but worth every $. Nice wines by the glass. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014This restaurant had food that was excellently prepared and presented. I also appreciated that they obtain their food and ingredients from local spots as much as possible. They have a rotating menu with a few favorites they keep as much as possible. My boyfriend had the schnitzel which was perfectly breaded and thin over a bed of sweet corn. Overall, the meal was excellent and we were very pleased. Be sure to get reservations, because it is a very popular place! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJeanieBelliniDined on 9/9/2014We looked forward to our dinner at FIG for months and we were not disappointed. The warm staff welcomed us and efficiently had a spot for us to wait while we waited the 30 seconds for our table. Our server greeted us almost immediately and throughout the meal made appropriate and helpful suggestions. The drink list was fun and reflective of southern flavors. The meal was excellent and reflective of local ingredients in their prime. A great meal overall.Special Features:
- FOOD IS GOOD....and FIG IS GOODchickchickDined on 9/9/2014Truly a restaurant that actually delivers on the farm to table claim. Fresh, innovative and comfortable. Who knew nine vegetables could taste this good?Special Features:
- A terrific dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Fig was outstanding all around. I typically don't like the more unusual entrees and expected this place to be much different. It was a great atmosphere for a date. I celebrated my birthday there and they brought out free sparkling wine to start. The service was absolutely fantastic.. not too invasive but always ensuring the drinks are full and whether anything needed. I asked for a unique drink based on my tastes and they did not disappoint. Overall, this was the best "experience" I've had in Charleston dining. Husk was overrated. I think SNOB fit my food tastes better, but the experience at Fig was exceptional, and for that I support the #1 rating in Charleston.Special Features:
- Food Is GoodFlyindinersDined on 9/6/2014I flew my wife to Charleston for a "Birthday get away" and made reservations at FIG. The resturant opens at 5:30 for dinner which was the only time we could get a table, making our reservation one day in advance. Upon our arrival we found people lined up at the door hoping to get one of the "first come first serve" seats at the bar (limited). We were greated and shown to our table which was very nice within a rather simple dining room. From that moment on we were spoiled by our very knowledgable server who had indepth understanding of the menu items which change depending on market/season. The food was off the chart. Plating and portions were perfect. The entire staff seemed genuinly interested in our experiance as all would check on us .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!NancyDined on 9/3/2014As a table of four, we delighted in tasting each other's appetizers and entrees. We all agreed that it was a superb meal, the best we've had in 20 years of dining at Charleston's fine restaurants. The service was expert and unobtrusive. I was impressed that the server did not try to wring a dessert order from us. Very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NighthreynoldDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decided to go to Fig while visiting my parents in Mount Pleasant. I don't even remember why we chose Fig over all of the other fab restaurant in Charleston, but about a month ago I made the reservation to make sure we could get in. It was delicious, with absolutely stellar service. As fabulous and popular as the restaurant is, it did not feel stuffy or arrogant at all. Every course was amazing, I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy place - wonderful foodAnnieDined on 8/29/2014We had heard of FIG from many sources and were excited to try it while in Charleston. We had a late night reservation at 10 PM (It is a very popular place!). We had to wait in the bar for a few minutes before our table was ready. It was narrow and crowded, but we were able to get a drink. This is a very busy restaurant, even at the late hour and quite loud. Our food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. So, go for the food and for the scene, if that is your thing.Special Features:
- Emily was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/28/2014Our server was outstanding. . .and our nephew thought she was really cute. Too bad he lives in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- The bestFishyVIPDined on 8/28/2014A minimalist 20 table gold standard restaurant. Moved to Charleston (Daniel Island) 4 months ago. Since that time we have tried several fine dining locations in Charleston. FIG is a cut above. Food is amazing. Very special and creative. Waitress was pleasant and knowledgable. So far, the best dining experience we have had. Rather expensive but well worth it.Special Features:
- still the bestkkdawgVIPDined on 8/28/2014Has been the top restaurant in Charleston since the day it opened. No one is more consistent. As a local I just wish it was easier to get a table!Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationKristinDined on 8/27/2014FIG is one of those places everyone recommends. And there's a reason. Did not disappoint. The chicken pate and vanilla malt cake were the highlightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuieDined on 8/26/2014Fantastic as usual in all ways. Always favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceelljay97Dined on 8/23/2014Was excited to finally get a reservation here. They were out of my top choices to order, but the nine-veggie salad was an excellent alternative. Crab spaghetti was too salty, but not un-edible. Waiter was attentive but made us feel a bit uncomfortable for only ordering apps and drinks. Nice ambiance, although much of the restaurant was loud, we were seated in a booth at the very back-- much more private-- which was perfect. Not the best experience I've had in Charleston, but I'm curious to go back and try other items.Special Features:
- Inventive and DeliciousLauraDined on 8/21/2014FIG was fabulous! We were here 2 years ago and it was great then and it continues to be great. It its the restaurant that we compare all other eateries to. Service is outstanding, food is inventive and delicious. Hopefully it won't take 2 years to get back.Special Features:
- PHENOMENAL!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014This restaurant is an absolute must regardless of whereever your from. Our server Lindsay was fantastic executing a memerable dining experience. Tomato tart tartin, gnocchi, amberjack, creme de violet cocktails,wine flights....AMAZING!!!!!!! We traveled from Toronto Canada on advice from our own Canadian corporate chef, and he was right. FIG is the best restaurant in Charleston. Wish we could bring a piece home with us. Do not miss this dining experience.thanks FIG, you've definitely put Charleston on the map.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaptainDined on 8/18/2014We were very pleased with our dinner and the service and highly recommend the tomato tatin and ricotta ravioli. This restaurant is a "must return" for us on our next visit to Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charleston gemLuvtocookDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding food and service. Ricotta gnocchi is so melt in your mouth wonderful. Our server Linday provided a evening to remember for our anniversary. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foods, hands downemb110Dined on 8/15/2014I doubt you could go wrong w anything on the menu, but order the gnocchi...order it twice maybe, you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant. ever.doeeyesVIPDined on 8/14/2014If I booked a trip to Charleston but couldn't get a reservation here, I would rearrange my dates. The seafood cocotte is my favorite. It tastes straight from the sea and conjures up memories of a childhood in Provence. Even though I didn't grow up there. The servers are so well-versed on the menu - you can ask them anything. In fact, you should. They know what's good that day. The cocktails are superb and innovative: worthy of a bar whose specialty is craft cocktails alone. I've been here now several times and can say it is my favorite place to dine anywhere.Special Features:
- Allergic to garlic and FIGI82MUCHDined on 8/11/2014High expectations but very disappointing dining experience. Although the restaurant was not crowded, the chef was unable/unwilling to prepare any dish without garlic (I'm allergic). According to my wife, the tomato tarte tatin was excellent (but topped with garlic clove!) as was the light ricotta gnocchi with bolognese. For me, no choice but a simple salad with oil and vinegar and an unexciting strip steak. Good diverse wine selection including many lesser known quality wines. Waiter wasn't knowledgeable about offerings; after limiting my choices to those few items supposedly garlic-free, how irritating when he served the Yukon gold potato puree and said, "you won't be able to eat this, it has garlic." Manager unapologetic.Special Features:
- Love FIG!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/11/2014Great place! Terrific food! The ricotta gnocchi appetizer was fantastic, as was the tomato tatin. Our entrees, the fish stew and the crusted amberjack, were delicious also. We heartily recommend FIG for some very fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frickin Incredibly Goodbdz2Dined on 8/9/2014L shape layout is great , with bar and dining areas essentially separate from one another. Service from Erin was spot on and the food could not have been better. Extremely impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and Servicealholle2Dined on 8/8/2014My girlfriend and I went to FIG for her birthday. Our meal was incredible. We wanted a variety so we shared two appetizers, got an appetizer and entree for our main course and also got a side of Okra with our main course. We had two servers that took great care of us. They made great suggestions, were very easy/fun to talk to and were extremely knowledgeable. The food is world class and it's very reasonably priced. We eat out all the time and Charleston and there are so many great restaurants. FIG is my new favorite in Downtown Charleston.Special Features:
- One of the bestJAHWDined on 8/8/2014Fig is one of Charleston's best. Food and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentwitzendDined on 8/6/2014We have been to Fig a number of times in the past, but it had been several years since our last visit, and the food was as good as we remembered it being . Everything was perfectly prepared - everything extremely fresh, lots of wonderful favors, lots of perfectly prepared fish and vegetables. The service is informal but professional and very attentive. The tomato tarte appetizer is just as amazing as we remembered. Our only complaint is that the room gets a little noisy at timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitMIchaelVIPDined on 8/5/2014Reservations can be hard to get, but the great food makes it all worthwhile. Fabulous!Special Features:
- NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE.HELMEMANVIPDined on 8/4/2014YOU WOULD THINK THAT KNOWING YOU WERE LIKELY TO RECEIVE A REVIEW YOU WOULD NOT DO CERTAIN THINGS. LIKE NOT SEAT THAT PERSON AT THE WORST TABLE IN THE HOUSE. NOT RECOMMEND A FISH THAT WAS BEYOND ITS PRIME. YET THAT WAS WHAT WE WERE MET WITH HERE. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING.
- Another Charleston foodie hauntPomishPicksVIPDined on 8/4/2014In a city that is a known mecca for foodies, this restaurant is a stand out. Fresh, farm-to-table cuisine prepared with great imagination without being overwrought. Standouts were the JOHN’S ISLAND TOMATO TARTE TATIN made with local tomatoes which were roasted overnight then "hung" for 3 days (I'm guessing in a mesh bag or cheese cloth) to let go of most of their moisture. The resulting intensely flavored "confit" of tomatoes, served on a round of cheesy pastry, was spectacular. I'd put this in the "don't miss" category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't disappointSusieqDined on 8/4/2014A great special occasion event. Delicious, pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceABeachy24Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderful staff, food and ambience! Would def recommend to others :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabuloustravelingsistersDined on 8/1/2014Great food, great service, we loved everything. Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolute Must!!Biskit20Dined on 7/31/2014We dined here on our trip to Charleston for our 20th anniversary. A local told me that tables were hard to come by due to demand. I learned why! The food was exquisite, the service was outstanding. This was our favorite meal of the whole trip. Highlights included the gnocchi, tomato tart, swordfish, okra, and the graham sammy for dessert. The atmosphere was clean and upscale but not pretentious. If you are in Charleston put this one on your list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.