232 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatfig.com/
- Phone: 8438055900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar Opens Monday - Saturday at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Mike Lata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from FIG
Upscale Neighborhood Bistro serving a daily changing menu with seasonal, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
FIG reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (177)special occasion (136)romantic (93)neighborhood gem (87)hot spot (81)notable wine list (64)vibrant bar scene (27)good for groups (25)late-night find (10)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- amazing as usualalwayshungryVIPDined on 9/27/2014We are never disappointed when we go to FIG. We are always amazed at the fantastic combination of flavors. This is a MUST for anyone visiting Charleston!Special Features:
- SaraDined on 9/26/2014The waitress was friendly, patient, thorough, and obviously takes pride in what she serves. I ordered the most amazing pegoy dish, my husband a deliscious pig confit. We both left happy and full (though not over stuffed). We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedHermosabeachVIPDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is absolutely noisy! The restaurant is more like a bar scene, with lots of young singles at the entrance bar area. My husband and I both ordered suckling pig, which was a cube of fatty, salty blob. My father in law was happy with his grouper fish. We had crepe for dessert, and it was just ok. We also ordered a bottle of wine ($99) which the waiter put away after the first pouring and didn't refill our glasses until I requested. It was definitely a night of over priced, overrated dining at the Fig.Special Features:
- Great food terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food is consistently amazing at FIG. Unfortunately, rude attitudes are as well. Hosting staff is arrogant and difficult, creating for a poor first impression upon walking in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food IS GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014We had a very good meal at Fig. Our server , Lindsay was a great source of information on some previously untried dish items and helping me to determine which of their - unique specialty drinks I would like. She was attentive and and friendly.My favorite dish was the spaghetti,crab with bottarga appetizer? The restaurant is contemporary in design, dimly lit and would be considered noisy by most due to the lack of carpeting but we still enjoyed our meal. Would love to go back again.
- Delicious, beautiful.DiningCharlestonVIPDined on 9/24/2014The suckling pig confit with sweet potatoes and broccolini was delicious. With a generous smear of whole grain mustard enhanced jus, the dish in its entirety reminds one of southern style pulled pork BBQ seen through a very sophisticated lens. Overall, a very smart menu, mindfully plated, from apps to dessert. Greeted by a server who already knew it was my birthday and had champagne ready, and given a special seat as per our online request, this is also a restaurant that cares about attention to detail in the realm of FOH service. Wonderful modern upscale decor and art makes the patron feel almost as if they are in someone's home or at an art gallery, and not just at 'another restaurant.' Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelin stars get taken awayKulgarDined on 9/22/2014Once you win a James Beard award, it's forever. Michelin stars, not so much. One meal does not a restaurant make but the pacing went bad when we waited 30 minutes from appetizer clearing to entre arriving with not so much as a "hello" from anyone except to get another glass of wine. And someone went nuts with the "finishing" salt and my porgy was nearly inedible, certainly tasted more like salt cod than a pricey fresh fish. I know people who smoke and drink mixed drinks before dinner have to have overly salted food to taste anything but an award winning restaurant should not spend more on salt than on all other spices combined. They offfered to remake but the pacing was off before that, would have killed the meal to do that.Special Features:
- WonderfulGchef10Dined on 9/22/2014Exceeded our expectations! Service was great, nice ambiance, food outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOnourhoneymoonDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food. Great service. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAtrainDined on 9/19/2014Food, drinks, wine, and service were all top notch. Easily one of the best of the best of CharlestonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in Charleston!CynthiaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Came here whit new husband for quick trip post wedding from NYC and we were not disappointed! Really enjoyed every bite and moment here! Wonderful meal, would love to try the coddled egg next time.Special Features:
- Always consistent!!!JDM225VIPDined on 9/15/2014Well worth it every single time. Delicious food with vibrant flavors that amaze your taste buds in every bite. Reserve in advance for sure to be sure you get in. In a town of lots of foodie restaurants, this is among the very, VERY best. Must try if you haven't.Special Features:
- figWhatever72Dined on 9/15/2014Waiter was excellent(Walt). Food was not up to expectations for the price. Not bad but not outstanding.
- Good food...fresh ingredientsNancyDined on 9/15/2014Good food...fresh ingredients. Gnocchi was great. Rock shrimp delicious. Tartare yummy. Cheese plate fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodGourmetCatDined on 9/13/2014Great service and fabulous food. Noise level lively so not for a romantic dinner, but worth every $. Nice wines by the glass. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014This restaurant had food that was excellently prepared and presented. I also appreciated that they obtain their food and ingredients from local spots as much as possible. They have a rotating menu with a few favorites they keep as much as possible. My boyfriend had the schnitzel which was perfectly breaded and thin over a bed of sweet corn. Overall, the meal was excellent and we were very pleased. Be sure to get reservations, because it is a very popular place! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJeanieBelliniDined on 9/9/2014We looked forward to our dinner at FIG for months and we were not disappointed. The warm staff welcomed us and efficiently had a spot for us to wait while we waited the 30 seconds for our table. Our server greeted us almost immediately and throughout the meal made appropriate and helpful suggestions. The drink list was fun and reflective of southern flavors. The meal was excellent and reflective of local ingredients in their prime. A great meal overall.Special Features:
- FOOD IS GOOD....and FIG IS GOODchickchickDined on 9/9/2014Truly a restaurant that actually delivers on the farm to table claim. Fresh, innovative and comfortable. Who knew nine vegetables could taste this good?Special Features:
- A terrific dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Fig was outstanding all around. I typically don't like the more unusual entrees and expected this place to be much different. It was a great atmosphere for a date. I celebrated my birthday there and they brought out free sparkling wine to start. The service was absolutely fantastic.. not too invasive but always ensuring the drinks are full and whether anything needed. I asked for a unique drink based on my tastes and they did not disappoint. Overall, this was the best "experience" I've had in Charleston dining. Husk was overrated. I think SNOB fit my food tastes better, but the experience at Fig was exceptional, and for that I support the #1 rating in Charleston.Special Features:
- Food Is GoodFlyindinersDined on 9/6/2014I flew my wife to Charleston for a "Birthday get away" and made reservations at FIG. The resturant opens at 5:30 for dinner which was the only time we could get a table, making our reservation one day in advance. Upon our arrival we found people lined up at the door hoping to get one of the "first come first serve" seats at the bar (limited). We were greated and shown to our table which was very nice within a rather simple dining room. From that moment on we were spoiled by our very knowledgable server who had indepth understanding of the menu items which change depending on market/season. The food was off the chart. Plating and portions were perfect. The entire staff seemed genuinly interested in our experiance as all would check on us .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!NancyDined on 9/3/2014As a table of four, we delighted in tasting each other's appetizers and entrees. We all agreed that it was a superb meal, the best we've had in 20 years of dining at Charleston's fine restaurants. The service was expert and unobtrusive. I was impressed that the server did not try to wring a dessert order from us. Very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NighthreynoldDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decided to go to Fig while visiting my parents in Mount Pleasant. I don't even remember why we chose Fig over all of the other fab restaurant in Charleston, but about a month ago I made the reservation to make sure we could get in. It was delicious, with absolutely stellar service. As fabulous and popular as the restaurant is, it did not feel stuffy or arrogant at all. Every course was amazing, I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy place - wonderful foodAnnieDined on 8/29/2014We had heard of FIG from many sources and were excited to try it while in Charleston. We had a late night reservation at 10 PM (It is a very popular place!). We had to wait in the bar for a few minutes before our table was ready. It was narrow and crowded, but we were able to get a drink. This is a very busy restaurant, even at the late hour and quite loud. Our food was absolutely delicious and the service was excellent. So, go for the food and for the scene, if that is your thing.Special Features:
- Emily was GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/28/2014Our server was outstanding. . .and our nephew thought she was really cute. Too bad he lives in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- The bestFishyVIPDined on 8/28/2014A minimalist 20 table gold standard restaurant. Moved to Charleston (Daniel Island) 4 months ago. Since that time we have tried several fine dining locations in Charleston. FIG is a cut above. Food is amazing. Very special and creative. Waitress was pleasant and knowledgable. So far, the best dining experience we have had. Rather expensive but well worth it.Special Features:
- still the bestkkdawgVIPDined on 8/28/2014Has been the top restaurant in Charleston since the day it opened. No one is more consistent. As a local I just wish it was easier to get a table!Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationKristinDined on 8/27/2014FIG is one of those places everyone recommends. And there's a reason. Did not disappoint. The chicken pate and vanilla malt cake were the highlightsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuieDined on 8/26/2014Fantastic as usual in all ways. Always favorite of ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceelljay97Dined on 8/23/2014Was excited to finally get a reservation here. They were out of my top choices to order, but the nine-veggie salad was an excellent alternative. Crab spaghetti was too salty, but not un-edible. Waiter was attentive but made us feel a bit uncomfortable for only ordering apps and drinks. Nice ambiance, although much of the restaurant was loud, we were seated in a booth at the very back-- much more private-- which was perfect. Not the best experience I've had in Charleston, but I'm curious to go back and try other items.Special Features:
- Inventive and DeliciousLauraDined on 8/21/2014FIG was fabulous! We were here 2 years ago and it was great then and it continues to be great. It its the restaurant that we compare all other eateries to. Service is outstanding, food is inventive and delicious. Hopefully it won't take 2 years to get back.Special Features:
- PHENOMENAL!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014This restaurant is an absolute must regardless of whereever your from. Our server Lindsay was fantastic executing a memerable dining experience. Tomato tart tartin, gnocchi, amberjack, creme de violet cocktails,wine flights....AMAZING!!!!!!! We traveled from Toronto Canada on advice from our own Canadian corporate chef, and he was right. FIG is the best restaurant in Charleston. Wish we could bring a piece home with us. Do not miss this dining experience.thanks FIG, you've definitely put Charleston on the map.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaptainDined on 8/18/2014We were very pleased with our dinner and the service and highly recommend the tomato tatin and ricotta ravioli. This restaurant is a "must return" for us on our next visit to Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charleston gemLuvtocookDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding food and service. Ricotta gnocchi is so melt in your mouth wonderful. Our server Linday provided a evening to remember for our anniversary. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foods, hands downemb110Dined on 8/15/2014I doubt you could go wrong w anything on the menu, but order the gnocchi...order it twice maybe, you will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant. ever.doeeyesVIPDined on 8/14/2014If I booked a trip to Charleston but couldn't get a reservation here, I would rearrange my dates. The seafood cocotte is my favorite. It tastes straight from the sea and conjures up memories of a childhood in Provence. Even though I didn't grow up there. The servers are so well-versed on the menu - you can ask them anything. In fact, you should. They know what's good that day. The cocktails are superb and innovative: worthy of a bar whose specialty is craft cocktails alone. I've been here now several times and can say it is my favorite place to dine anywhere.Special Features:
- Allergic to garlic and FIGI82MUCHDined on 8/11/2014High expectations but very disappointing dining experience. Although the restaurant was not crowded, the chef was unable/unwilling to prepare any dish without garlic (I'm allergic). According to my wife, the tomato tarte tatin was excellent (but topped with garlic clove!) as was the light ricotta gnocchi with bolognese. For me, no choice but a simple salad with oil and vinegar and an unexciting strip steak. Good diverse wine selection including many lesser known quality wines. Waiter wasn't knowledgeable about offerings; after limiting my choices to those few items supposedly garlic-free, how irritating when he served the Yukon gold potato puree and said, "you won't be able to eat this, it has garlic." Manager unapologetic.Special Features:
- Love FIG!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/11/2014Great place! Terrific food! The ricotta gnocchi appetizer was fantastic, as was the tomato tatin. Our entrees, the fish stew and the crusted amberjack, were delicious also. We heartily recommend FIG for some very fine dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frickin Incredibly Goodbdz2Dined on 8/9/2014L shape layout is great , with bar and dining areas essentially separate from one another. Service from Erin was spot on and the food could not have been better. Extremely impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and Servicealholle2Dined on 8/8/2014My girlfriend and I went to FIG for her birthday. Our meal was incredible. We wanted a variety so we shared two appetizers, got an appetizer and entree for our main course and also got a side of Okra with our main course. We had two servers that took great care of us. They made great suggestions, were very easy/fun to talk to and were extremely knowledgeable. The food is world class and it's very reasonably priced. We eat out all the time and Charleston and there are so many great restaurants. FIG is my new favorite in Downtown Charleston.Special Features:
- One of the bestJAHWDined on 8/8/2014Fig is one of Charleston's best. Food and service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.