232 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eatatfig.com/
- Phone: 8438055900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Bar Opens Monday - Saturday at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Mike Lata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from FIG
Upscale Neighborhood Bistro serving a daily changing menu with seasonal, local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
FIG reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (192)special occasion (142)neighborhood gem (95)romantic (93)hot spot (92)notable wine list (69)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (11)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awesome date night spoteem82889Dined on 10/18/2014The food at FIG was excellent, only to be topped by the service. Our server was very informative and attentive and made great recommendations. The menu changes almost daily, which is cool because you know your meal will be innovative based on what happens to be fresh that day.Special Features:
- Food Is Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Great dinner at FIG. We were really looking forward to FIG, and it didn't disappoint. Both food and wait staff were terrific. Can't wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- F.I.G. cares about food allergies.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2014One of the people at our table had a severe food allergy and the staff and chef went above and beyond to offer a delicious alternative in the preparation of the special he wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Incredible restaurant. Food was absolutely delicious. Creative, flavorful, just the right portion size. Service was also top notch. Sat us right down as we walked in, server was incredibly knowledgeable and gave good recommendations. Top restaurant in Charleston.Special Features:
- 1st time @ FIGrevu2uDined on 10/14/2014Food is indeed divine at FIG. The freshness of ingredients and layers of flavor were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip up to charlestonLowlyWormDined on 10/14/2014We were staying in edisto and took a trip up to FIG for dinner. We were greeted as soon as we walked in the door then the wonderful meal began. We did start with the white truffle ricotta gnocchi, a special that evening. Have to say it was amazing. The chef came out and shaved the truffle over the gnocchi Devine. The rest of our meal was just as great. If I was in the charleston area I would make sure I got back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- F.I.G. FOOD IS GOODSandyDined on 10/14/2014WE HAD A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE AT F.I.G. THE SERVICE WAS GREAT AND THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. OUR WAITER WAS SO KNOWLEDGEABLE.Special Features:
- Mostly GreatDrBobDined on 10/10/2014We started with the Tomato Tarte. Really delicious. Amberjack was outstanding with a great sauce accompanying it. Seafood "stew", actually a bouillabaisse, was really nice. Desserts were a little disappointing. The chocolate crepes were a little doughy. All in all, a nice evening. Great service.Special Features:
- Caring service, balanced dishesIKnowCharlestonDined on 10/10/2014We were 20 minutes late for our reservation for 2 due to a late plane. I screened the call and our table was given away, but upon arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful. They first sat us at a nice waiting bar for a drink and were seated at the bar in a timely fashion (also given the option for a table for a longer wait). Our cocktail waitress and bartender were equally amazing. The dishes followed suit. Everything was perfectly balanced and delicious. We tried 2 gin cocktails that were strong and smooth and switched to some recommended red and were even more satisfied. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ana523Dined on 10/8/2014I heard so much about it that I was really excited to go. The service was excellent but half if my flounder dish was not cooked at all. Took my apetite away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FreshestchickchickDined on 10/8/2014Food is best when fresh and FIG never disappoints from the 9 vegetable salad, seasonally FRESH, to the FRESH caught flounder. They really know what to do with these fresh ingredients. Lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So loud it's hard for conversationalwaysthere1VIPDined on 10/7/2014Very fresh ingredients and innovative cooking make Fig an energetic dining scene, but almost possible to have a quiet conversationSpecial Features:
- robustnc1Dined on 10/7/2014Great food and terrific knowledgeable service. Very enjoyable experieinceSpecial Features:
- What a great placekr312Dined on 10/7/2014We never in Charleston but rarely venture across the bridge for dinner. Fig was well worth the trip. The food was amazing, the service (Kate was our server) was flawless and my husband is still raving about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted something newLetsEatDined on 10/4/2014I was set on trying something new on my trip to Charleston. To be honest I said I wanted to try something "weird". Skate Wing was on the menu and it was awesome! I never ever thought I would eat sting ray, but I did and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying some place newcassieDined on 10/3/2014We've been wanting to try Fig for years. Kind of hard to get a decent time without reserving weeks in advance. Food very nicely prepared. Service friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favorite in CharlestonMichelleDined on 10/2/2014The first time we ate at Fig was on a whim. We have yet to be disappointed since. The servers are incredible and you can tell they know what they're talking about when it comes to good food and wine. The tomato tarte appetizer is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What! I can't hear myself think!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Great food. Great service. The noise level was unbearable.Special Features:
- Fabuloustable4twoDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I live in Charleston, but not downtown. In an effort to go downtown, we try one really good restaurant every 3 or so weeks. We've gone to so many, I can't remember. This is one of our top 3 places! You have to try the tomato tarte tatin. It is simply hands down the BEST dish I've had in Charleston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing as usualalwayshungryVIPDined on 9/27/2014We are never disappointed when we go to FIG. We are always amazed at the fantastic combination of flavors. This is a MUST for anyone visiting Charleston!Special Features:
- SaraDined on 9/26/2014The waitress was friendly, patient, thorough, and obviously takes pride in what she serves. I ordered the most amazing pegoy dish, my husband a deliscious pig confit. We both left happy and full (though not over stuffed). We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedHermosabeachVIPDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is absolutely noisy! The restaurant is more like a bar scene, with lots of young singles at the entrance bar area. My husband and I both ordered suckling pig, which was a cube of fatty, salty blob. My father in law was happy with his grouper fish. We had crepe for dessert, and it was just ok. We also ordered a bottle of wine ($99) which the waiter put away after the first pouring and didn't refill our glasses until I requested. It was definitely a night of over priced, overrated dining at the Fig.Special Features:
- Great food terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food is consistently amazing at FIG. Unfortunately, rude attitudes are as well. Hosting staff is arrogant and difficult, creating for a poor first impression upon walking in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food IS GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2014We had a very good meal at Fig. Our server , Lindsay was a great source of information on some previously untried dish items and helping me to determine which of their - unique specialty drinks I would like. She was attentive and and friendly.My favorite dish was the spaghetti,crab with bottarga appetizer? The restaurant is contemporary in design, dimly lit and would be considered noisy by most due to the lack of carpeting but we still enjoyed our meal. Would love to go back again.
- Delicious, beautiful.DiningCharlestonVIPDined on 9/24/2014The suckling pig confit with sweet potatoes and broccolini was delicious. With a generous smear of whole grain mustard enhanced jus, the dish in its entirety reminds one of southern style pulled pork BBQ seen through a very sophisticated lens. Overall, a very smart menu, mindfully plated, from apps to dessert. Greeted by a server who already knew it was my birthday and had champagne ready, and given a special seat as per our online request, this is also a restaurant that cares about attention to detail in the realm of FOH service. Wonderful modern upscale decor and art makes the patron feel almost as if they are in someone's home or at an art gallery, and not just at 'another restaurant.' Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelin stars get taken awayKulgarDined on 9/22/2014Once you win a James Beard award, it's forever. Michelin stars, not so much. One meal does not a restaurant make but the pacing went bad when we waited 30 minutes from appetizer clearing to entre arriving with not so much as a "hello" from anyone except to get another glass of wine. And someone went nuts with the "finishing" salt and my porgy was nearly inedible, certainly tasted more like salt cod than a pricey fresh fish. I know people who smoke and drink mixed drinks before dinner have to have overly salted food to taste anything but an award winning restaurant should not spend more on salt than on all other spices combined. They offfered to remake but the pacing was off before that, would have killed the meal to do that.Special Features:
- WonderfulGchef10Dined on 9/22/2014Exceeded our expectations! Service was great, nice ambiance, food outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOnourhoneymoonDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food. Great service. We really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAtrainDined on 9/19/2014Food, drinks, wine, and service were all top notch. Easily one of the best of the best of CharlestonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in Charleston!CynthiaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Came here whit new husband for quick trip post wedding from NYC and we were not disappointed! Really enjoyed every bite and moment here! Wonderful meal, would love to try the coddled egg next time.Special Features:
- Well worth planning aheadMangeonsDined on 9/16/2014It is difficult to get reservations at FIG, but so worth the planning ahead that it takes. Recently we had another memorable experience there. The Fish Stew in Cocotte is a such a delicious staple at FIG that I always have trouble moving beyond it - mussels, squid, and white shrimp with a perfect garlicky rouille for the seafood broth. The attention from the well trained dining room staff is quietly attentive. One caveat: don't even think of parking in the Palmetto Parking lot next door. We chose that because of its proximity and the pouring rain. We returned, 14 minutes over our ticket time (still in the pouring rain) to find a boot on our car. We did our best not to walk away with that taste in our mouths after such a lovely meal at FIG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent!!!JDM225VIPDined on 9/15/2014Well worth it every single time. Delicious food with vibrant flavors that amaze your taste buds in every bite. Reserve in advance for sure to be sure you get in. In a town of lots of foodie restaurants, this is among the very, VERY best. Must try if you haven't.Special Features:
- figWhatever72Dined on 9/15/2014Waiter was excellent(Walt). Food was not up to expectations for the price. Not bad but not outstanding.
- Good food...fresh ingredientsNancyDined on 9/15/2014Good food...fresh ingredients. Gnocchi was great. Rock shrimp delicious. Tartare yummy. Cheese plate fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible foodGourmetCatDined on 9/13/2014Great service and fabulous food. Noise level lively so not for a romantic dinner, but worth every $. Nice wines by the glass. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014This restaurant had food that was excellently prepared and presented. I also appreciated that they obtain their food and ingredients from local spots as much as possible. They have a rotating menu with a few favorites they keep as much as possible. My boyfriend had the schnitzel which was perfectly breaded and thin over a bed of sweet corn. Overall, the meal was excellent and we were very pleased. Be sure to get reservations, because it is a very popular place! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJeanieBelliniDined on 9/9/2014We looked forward to our dinner at FIG for months and we were not disappointed. The warm staff welcomed us and efficiently had a spot for us to wait while we waited the 30 seconds for our table. Our server greeted us almost immediately and throughout the meal made appropriate and helpful suggestions. The drink list was fun and reflective of southern flavors. The meal was excellent and reflective of local ingredients in their prime. A great meal overall.Special Features:
- FOOD IS GOOD....and FIG IS GOODchickchickDined on 9/9/2014Truly a restaurant that actually delivers on the farm to table claim. Fresh, innovative and comfortable. Who knew nine vegetables could taste this good?Special Features:
- A terrific dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Fig was outstanding all around. I typically don't like the more unusual entrees and expected this place to be much different. It was a great atmosphere for a date. I celebrated my birthday there and they brought out free sparkling wine to start. The service was absolutely fantastic.. not too invasive but always ensuring the drinks are full and whether anything needed. I asked for a unique drink based on my tastes and they did not disappoint. Overall, this was the best "experience" I've had in Charleston dining. Husk was overrated. I think SNOB fit my food tastes better, but the experience at Fig was exceptional, and for that I support the #1 rating in Charleston.Special Features:
- Food Is GoodFlyindinersDined on 9/6/2014I flew my wife to Charleston for a "Birthday get away" and made reservations at FIG. The resturant opens at 5:30 for dinner which was the only time we could get a table, making our reservation one day in advance. Upon our arrival we found people lined up at the door hoping to get one of the "first come first serve" seats at the bar (limited). We were greated and shown to our table which was very nice within a rather simple dining room. From that moment on we were spoiled by our very knowledgable server who had indepth understanding of the menu items which change depending on market/season. The food was off the chart. Plating and portions were perfect. The entire staff seemed genuinly interested in our experiance as all would check on us .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.